• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX |OT| Sora is Everyone... in HD

BTW, it's kind of sad how Ripple Drive is so good at higher MP values that you shouldn't equip pretty much any other ground combo finishers that aren't Zantetsuken. Sorry, Stun Impact, Gravity Break, and Final Break; you are of no use to me.

Seda

How the hell do these missions work anyway?

Each world has 3 missions to complete. First is is easy, second is moderate, third is difficult.

You perform the mission by heading towards said world. Some missions you are free to choose where you start from to get there, others you must take a specific path.

Mission objectives can be something like: Pick up ten "Specials" or acquiring a certain amount of points.

Some of the more difficult missions can be something like: Acquire a certain amount of points without destroying obstacles (meaning only heartless ships and you must be careful with your shots).

The third Traverse Town mission, for example, is to take the wormhole path from Hollow Bastion to Traverse Town with zero points and taking no damage.

Groof

Each world has 3 missions to complete. First is is easy, second is moderate, third is difficult.

You perform the mission by heading towards said world. Some missions you are free to choose where you start from to get there, others you must take a specific path.

Mission objectives can be something like: Pick up ten "Specials" or acquiring a certain amount of points.

Some of the more difficult missions can be something like: Acquire a certain amount of points without destroying obstacles (meaning only heartless ships and you must be careful with your shots).

The third Traverse Town mission, for example, is to take the wormhole path from Hollow Bastion to Traverse Town with zero points and taking no damage.

Damn, that sounds like harsh work. How does the difficulty scale with the actual chosen difficulty of your game (Beginner, Normal, Proud)?

Damn, that sounds like harsh work. How does the difficulty scale with the actual chosen difficulty of your game (Beginner, Normal, Proud)?

Depending on the mission it can be exactly the same or harder on harder difficulties. The requirements are always the same but you deal less damage in Proud so you need to choose your weapons on some missions more carefully to deal with high HP enemies for instance.

Groof

Depending on the mission it can be exactly the same or harder on harder difficulties. The requirements are always the same but you deal less damage in Proud so you need to choose your weapons on some missions more carefully to deal with high HP enemies for instance.

I see. Would it be advised to do them on Beginner then, after a completed speed run?

Seda

I see. Would it be advised to do them on Beginner then, after a completed speed run?

This is what I did, however, the specific trophy is to collect all Blueprints (which means you must do all the missions). This also means you must kill 5000 heartless to get the blueprints from Gepetto.

I ended up just wailing on Heartless for a few hours as I watched TV. I didn't even attempt to do the Gummi ship missions on Proud although apparently it is doable.

I beat proud mode at level 52 and vowed to do everything else that needed to be done on beginner. I can't imagine doing some of this crap on proud mode. I got my proud mode trophy and I'll never go back again, haha. I'll do a final mix play through later.

Carbonox

29/30 missions done. hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngh

That Traverse Town Level 3 mission was actually OK aside from two troublesome spots.

The final mission I need to do is the final Atlantica one. 260 point score or above without picking up a single item. What a load of baloney. Been practicing and get it down to 3 or items picked up accidentally. :lol

This is what I did, however, the specific trophy is to collect all Blueprints (which means you must do all the missions). This also means you must kill 5000 heartless to get the blueprints from Gepetto.

I ended up just wailing on Heartless for a few hours as I watched TV. I didn't even attempt to do the Gummi ship missions on Proud although apparently it is doable.
They are doable but man.... I don't want to do those ever again.

I have 2 missions left to finish, the dreaded ones from Atlantica.

Important tip for those that want to do all the gummi missions: After you clear Agrabah, pick Halloween Town (the upper world) first. You will be thankful that Monstro won't interrupt the horrible Atlantica missions when you start them.

Seda

Important tip for those that want to do all the gummi missions: After you clear Agrabah, pick Halloween Town (the upper world) first. You will be thankful that Monstro won't interrupt the horrible Atlantica missions when you start them.

I inadvertently had Monstro placed along the path to Halloween Town, and while he'll just get in the way of those missions sometimes, they are simpler missions.

Having Monstro be a random occurrence is simply annoying, and not just for the Gummi missions.

Groof

Wait, so you mean you don't really have to play the gummi missions themselves at all? Or am I misunderstanding something?
Because I really don't want to do them.

Seda

You can circumvent doing all the missions by killing 5000 heartless? Worth it.

Incorrect. Let me clarify.

-There is a trophy to obtain all blueprints.
-You get a blueprint from completing each world's gummi ship missions
-You get blueprints from Gepetto based on number of heartless defeated (not gummi-ship heartless, actual heartless)

So if you plan on using a Beginner file for a speedrun AND for making the gummi-ship missions easier, you'll probably have to set time aside to murder a few thousand heartless. I ended up doing this as I didn't want to attempt the Gummi Ship missions on proud (even though I did most everything else on my Proud file)

-You get blueprints from Gepetto based on number of heartless defeated (not gummi-ship heartless, actual heartless)

So if you plan on using a Beginner file for a speedrun AND for making the gummi-ship missions easier, you'll probably have to set time aside to murder a few thousand heartless. I ended up doing this as I didn't want to attempt the Gummi Ship missions on proud (even though I did most everything else on my Proud file)

Ah thanks. Do all the blueprints have to be collected in the same file for the trophy? I'm pretty much near 5000 kills in my Proud playthrough and I'd like to focus my Beginner run on the missions.

Carbonox

Ah thanks. Do all the blueprints have to be collected in the same file for the trophy? I'm pretty much near 5000 kills in my Proud playthrough and I'd like to focus my Beginner run on the missions.

Yeah in the same file. The trophy is to get all blueprints and that will only be acquired if you have all the blueprints in the same save.

In the "customize" section, have him not use "Advanced Magic" as often. It'll also make it so he only rarely uses Gravity too, though.

Praise the lord! :D

But I'm about ready to give up getting the Ultima Weapon or attempting all these trophies.
Sniperwilds and Gigas Shadows are just impossible for me to get to drop the items.

But I'm about ready to give up getting the Ultima Weapon or attempting all these trophies.
Sniperwilds and Gigas Shadows are just impossible for me to get to drop the items.

Sniperwilds are the most annoying of the bunch besides Black Ballard. Lightning Stones and Power Stones are the hardest to get imo.

Black Ballard really depends on you getting lucky after the first 2 hits because they move so damn fast. You need 3 hits to get them to drop one. Pausing the screen only helps so much when they crisscross one another and the clones all look exactly the same.

For Sniperwilds you need to use the side platforms and stealth kill them when there are 3 of them at once. The first 2 times are easy. You kill the lone one using Stopga but then 2 spawn. You need to hide from them on either side and stealth kill one then focus on the other. Then 3 spawn and thats where it gets tricky. You need one to jump to the side you are on and kill it without being seen. Then kill the other the same way.

You get your Power Stone and then high tail it out of there. Its almost impossible to kill more than 6 Sniperwilds because they end up seeing you.

Gigas Shadows are really easy though.

Just have Aeroga and they can't ever touch you with your defense meaning they won't run away. Then kill all 7/8 of them to get 2 Fury Stone and a Lucid Shard.

Blazing Stone and Frost Stones are relatively easy as well with Chimera using Aeroga to get the Blaze stone. A MegaElixar kills the Grand Ghost and leaves 2 to 3 Frost Stones so that is easy as well.

The Stealth Soldier with the Energy stone is easy enough with Stopga. Its just it moves around so much is the annoying part. That and it disappears pretty fast so you need to kill it quick.

NeoShadows are annoying to fight but easy to kill and they almost always drop a Stormy Stone or whatever it was.

Dazzling Stones from Neverland is easy to get when you have Aeroga and Stopga. Use Stopga and get hits on the Jet Balloon with Aeroga for defense. Just be careful about being above water. The Dazzling stone might disappear if you let it hit water and don't get to it in time. It helps to lower it to the last bit of health and go under it if you are fighting above the water. Then have Donald hit it with a spell with Triangle to catch the Dazzling Stone as it dies.

Finally the Serenity Power which the Pink Shroom gives is annoying but doable on Deep Jungle. I dunno what they were thinking when they made the Pink Shroom available in Atlantica. Anyways Stopga and Aeroga along with Ragnarok is your best bet.

Have lots of MP and an MP heavy keyblade like the Diamond Dust.

For the shadows, just Stop them, get some distance and throw Strike Raids at them.
As soon as the raid ends, Dodge Roll twice away from them and cast Stop again, rinse and repeat.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Uuuuugh, the 100 Acre Woods mini-game was not fun. Was doing alright for the first minute, but then had trouble getting back up in the tree, so I mashed Triangle, unaware it takes away from what you've earned, so I ended up with a crappy score, all the while wondering why there was no restart or exit option.

Edit: There we go. Went from 30-ish to 161. Still, wasn't fun.

Uuuuugh, the 100 Acre Woods mini-game was not fun. Was doing alright for the first minute, but then had trouble getting back up in the tree, so I mashed Triangle, unaware it takes away from what you've earned, so I ended up with a crappy score, all the while wondering why there was no restart or exit option.

Edit: There we go. Went from 30-ish to 161. Still, wasn't fun.
The giant honey pot one is the only truly irritating one, and eventually you'll win it on luck.

Just finished my beginner run to get the Speedster, Unchanging Armor and Undefeated trophies. I actually got to the final save point within five and a half hours. I think i'm going to take a break before doing a Proud run or any of the other trophies.

Do power stones only drop from the 3-set of Snipers? Or can they drop from the single one if you are lucky?

EDIT: the "Post about it and get one" worked immediately!

1268758_10201057033482053_863380710_o.jpg

Got it last week, but haven´t had time to post it.

Welcome to the Family 1.5!!!! <3

Got all of the puppies, and I'm working on the Trinity marks. Just need two more, a Jump and a Charge. I am so very, very scared that the Charge I'm missing is the one in Halloween Town. I tried to activate it the other day and it wouldn't. I hope my game isn't glitched. :(

Seda

Got all of the puppies, and I'm working on the Trinity marks. Just need two more, a Jump and a Charge. I am so very, very scared that the Charge I'm missing is the one in Halloween Town. I tried to activate it the other day and it wouldn't. I hope my game isn't glitched. :(

The Red Trinity mark in Halloween Town is no longer missable, first of all.

On my three playthroughs, I've noticed that if you activate the trinity before beating the world boss, the trinity will show up again afterwards, but it is still marked in the journal.

If you haven't activated it and it wouldn't allow you to, you may have needed to defeat a Chimera enemy in the area first.

Jeels

I can't seem to beat these last few missions. How exactly are the gummi missions easier? Are there less enemies/objects flying around? Are the numerical requirements less? (ie score so and so many points).

Edit: looks like its all damage related. Then the hardest missions remain hard even on easy. :/

On my three playthroughs, I've noticed that if you activate the trinity before beating the world boss, the trinity will show up again afterwards, but it is still marked in the journal.

If you haven't activated it and it wouldn't allow you to, you may have needed to defeat a Chimera enemy in the area first.

Ah. I didn't know about that Chimera thing. I'll have to try that next.

Seda

I can't seem to beat these last few missions. How exactly are the gummi missions easier? Are there less enemies/objects flying around? Are the numerical requirements less? (ie score so and so many points).

Requirements are the same, they are only easier because enemies are easier to destroy. I think the player takes less damage as well.

Enemies and obstacles are the same. So some missions (like Traverse Town's third one) are unaffected by difficulty.

Christopher

That's awesome news I thought I messed it up too!

Sniperwilds are the most annoying of the bunch besides Black Ballard. Lightning Stones and Power Stones are the hardest to get imo.

For Sniperwilds you need to use the side platforms and stealth kill them when there are 3 of them at once. The first 2 times are easy. You kill the lone one using Stopga but then 2 spawn. You need to hide from them on either side and stealth kill one then focus on the other. Then 3 spawn and thats where it gets tricky. You need one to jump to the side you are on and kill it without being seen. Then kill the other the same way.

You get your Power Stone and then high tail it out of there. Its almost impossible to kill more than 6 Sniperwilds because they end up seeing you.

Gigas Shadows are really easy though.

Just have Aeroga and they can't ever touch you with your defense meaning they won't run away. Then kill all 7/8 of them to get 2 Fury Stone and a Lucid Shard.

I thought the Black Ballard was pretty easy, but I'm good at that kind of thing, already got all the Lightning Stones I need. :)

Sniperwilds alwasy end up seeing Donald and/or Goofy before I get a chance to cast Stopra...
Will try your tips, though.

For the shadows, just Stop them, get some distance and throw Strike Raids at them.
As soon as the raid ends, Dodge Roll twice away from them and cast Stop again, rinse and repeat.
Will try this!

I saw someone using Dumbo on Youtube for the Gigas but I guess that's best if it's before the rescue... but I'm past that part haha

Nose Master

It's actually very easy once you notice every four hits he does that kick attack, but yes, you do have to hit him quite a few times.

I eventually got that part, but the kip is still awkward to dodge sometimes. He also camps by the ledge guarding like a bitch. :mad:

botty

Banned
Hmmm...

I strongly disagree with this outside of Ursula and her lightning bolt things. And maybe the Stealth Sneak and the weird invincibility time period it gets.

Maleficent Dragon
Cum Guardian's ship form.

cheapy cheapy!

I think Oogie Boogie #1 is probably my favorite boss fight next to cum guardian #1.

Seda

Maleficent Dragon
Cum Guardian's ship form.

cheapy cheapy!

I don't see it.

I feel like listing my favorite bosses in each game.

KH1 -
Riku II easily
Re:CoM -
Larxene II and Repliku IV
KH2 -
Xaldin
BBS:
Vanitas @ Neverland and the Vanitas super boss
DDD:
Rinzler

Top Bottom