• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX |OT| Sora is Everyone... in HD

Choosing dust and staff was probably one of the best decisions I've made in gaming Lol.
#Teamstaff > #Teamsword

Hahahahaha wrong!

#TeamSword > #TeamStaff or #TeamStaff < #TeamSword, whichever you prefer. :b

I'd like to see you kill bosses in about 30 hits vs hundreds of magic casts.

What a week. Managed to beat the secret bosses, completed Jiminy's Journal, and synthesized the Ultima Weapon. Ansem was a piece of cake since I just waited to be at level 100 to finally fight him for the first time.

Just need to craft Donald and Goofy's weapon, obtain the shield from Merlin, gummi ship stuff, and do beginner/proud runs for the platinum! Final Mix is the best thing on the disc. I'll come back to it once I complete Re:CoM and watch 358/2 Days.

It was kind of easy understanding the card system this time around, but I still get confused during battle because of the fact it's in 3D now. I'm still used to the GBA version.

Carbonox

Sniperwilds are the most annoying of the bunch besides Black Ballard. Lightning Stones and Power Stones are the hardest to get imo.

Black Ballard really depends on you getting lucky after the first 2 hits because they move so damn fast. You need 3 hits to get them to drop one. Pausing the screen only helps so much when they crisscross one another and the clones all look exactly the same.

For Sniperwilds you need to use the side platforms and stealth kill them when there are 3 of them at once. The first 2 times are easy. You kill the lone one using Stopga but then 2 spawn. You need to hide from them on either side and stealth kill one then focus on the other. Then 3 spawn and thats where it gets tricky. You need one to jump to the side you are on and kill it without being seen. Then kill the other the same way.

You get your Power Stone and then high tail it out of there. Its almost impossible to kill more than 6 Sniperwilds because they end up seeing you.

Gigas Shadows are really easy though.

Just have Aeroga and they can't ever touch you with your defense meaning they won't run away. Then kill all 7/8 of them to get 2 Fury Stone and a Lucid Shard.

Blazing Stone and Frost Stones are relatively easy as well with Chimera using Aeroga to get the Blaze stone. A MegaElixar kills the Grand Ghost and leaves 2 to 3 Frost Stones so that is easy as well.

The Stealth Soldier with the Energy stone is easy enough with Stopga. Its just it moves around so much is the annoying part. That and it disappears pretty fast so you need to kill it quick.

NeoShadows are annoying to fight but easy to kill and they almost always drop a Stormy Stone or whatever it was.

Dazzling Stones from Neverland is easy to get when you have Aeroga and Stopga. Use Stopga and get hits on the Jet Balloon with Aeroga for defense. Just be careful about being above water. The Dazzling stone might disappear if you let it hit water and don't get to it in time. It helps to lower it to the last bit of health and go under it if you are fighting above the water. Then have Donald hit it with a spell with Triangle to catch the Dazzling Stone as it dies.

Finally the Serenity Power which the Pink Shroom gives is annoying but doable on Deep Jungle. I dunno what they were thinking when they made the Pink Shroom available in Atlantica. Anyways Stopga and Aeroga along with Ragnarok is your best bet.

Have lots of MP and an MP heavy keyblade like the Diamond Dust.

My tactic for Sniperwilds was flying above their heads and using Stopga. Makes it easier than trying to sneak up to them when they don't look above.

I was very lucky with Black Ballades, after the second time of reshuffling, I was more often than not getting the Lightning Stone without having to go all the way and killing them.

Mattiator

Just finished it for the first time, normal difficulty level 53 using the staff. Loved the game it was amazing. I think I'm going to grab the 3ds game now. I can't wait for kingdom hearts 2.5, if not I'll have to pick up the ps2 version and emulate it on my pc.

Atruvius

Fire/fira/firaga works pretty well against Sniperwilds. It lets you keep your distance from them and still deal good amount of damage.

Tried the final boss yesterday. I got owned on the first form. Staff choice really, really letting me down here. Decided to just go ahead and do the trinities/synthesis stuff in the mean time. White shrooms. Good memories, heh! Think I'll stop after I beat the optional bosses as well. No way I'm doing those Gummi missions.

abrack08

Just finished it for the first time, normal difficulty level 53 using the staff. Loved the game it was amazing. I think I'm going to grab the 3ds game now. I can't wait for kingdom hearts 2.5, if not I'll have to pick up the ps2 version and emulate it on my pc.

I would suggest not playing the 3DS game until after KH2 and Birth By Sleep. At least if you care even a little bit about the story / knowing what the hell is going on. And KH2 might be a bit confusing if you don't play CoM first.

Carbonox

Kingdom Hearts Final Mix Platinum GET

RyzeWiR.gif

It's been a ride.

When farming the FM-exclusive Heartless like the Pink Agaricus, Sniperwild, etc., does Encounter Up affect anything at all? Does it even help? I know without it you usually have to go two rooms away before Heartless will respawn in the room you want, but does Encounter Up affect the rare Heartless spawning in any way? And once you've gotten one to spawn in the world they're in and gotten their drop (or failed and they've run away), will they ever reappear in that world again or do you have to go to the Gummi Ship and re-enter first?

GOD I hate farming these materials. I'm so close to just saying "screw it," but I really wanted to do a 100% run...

When farming the FM-exclusive Heartless like the Pink Agaricus, Sniperwild, etc., does Encounter Up affect anything at all? Does it even help? I know without it you usually have to go two rooms away before Heartless will respawn in the room you want, but does Encounter Up affect the rare Heartless spawning in any way? And once you've gotten one to spawn in the world they're in and gotten their drop (or failed and they've run away), will they ever reappear in that world again or do you have to go to the Gummi Ship and re-enter first?

GOD I hate farming these materials. I'm so close to just saying "screw it," but I really wanted to do a 100% run...
Using encounter up and going back and forth 2 rooms decreases or nulls the chances of rare spawn heartless appearing. After you have defeated them you need to go 2 rooms away and start the back n forth between 2 rooms( not the spawn room and the room 2 places away, once resetted you can back n forth between the spawn room and the room next to it). So basically encounter up is useless with rare heartless.

Exiting and re-entering the world resets the counter too.

Using encounter up and going back and forth 2 rooms decreases or nulls the chances of rare spawn heartless appearing. After you have defeated them you need to go 2 rooms away and start the back n forth between 2 rooms( not the spawn room and the room 2 places away, once resetted you can back n forth between the spawn room and the room next to it). So basically encounter up is useless with rare heartless.

Exiting and re-entering the world resets the counter too.

Awesome, thanks! When resetting the rare Heartless, do you need to defeat the Heartless in each room when you're going two rooms away, or can you just skip all regular encounters?

Also, I don't know if this will help anyone, but I just tried the Dumbo trick that was mentioned above against the group of Gigant Shadows, and it totally works. 100% foolproof. As soon as they spawn, summon Dumbo and just Splash them all to death. Sora can't be hit while he's riding Dumbo, so they'll never run away and you'll always get the two Fury Stones from them. I did this with 13 MP and without Cheer equipped on either Donald or Goofy, so it's not like you need crazy stats to make this work. I actually still have a little time left with Dumbo once I've killed all the Gigant Shadows, so you could probably do this with less MP/summon time than I have right now.

Carbonox

Just finished watching 358/2 Days. Was pretty awesome when Riku
transforms in to Ansem, Seeker of Darkness and shits in Roxas's cheerios.

Was the only cool scene in the entire thing though. :lol

Awesome, thanks! When resetting the rare Heartless, do you need to defeat the Heartless in each room when you're going two rooms away, or can you just skip all regular encounters?

Also, I don't know if this will help anyone, but I just tried the Dumbo trick that was mentioned above against the group of Gigant Shadows, and it totally works. 100% foolproof. As soon as they spawn, summon Dumbo and just Splash them all to death. Sora can't be hit while he's riding Dumbo, so they'll never run away and you'll always get the two Fury Stones from them. I did this with 13 MP and without Cheer equipped on either Donald or Goofy, so it's not like you need crazy stats to make this work. I actually still have a little time left with Dumbo once I've killed all the Gigant Shadows, so you could probably do this with less MP/summon time than I have right now.

You don't need to defeat any regular heartless. Basically the routine is: enter the world with rare heartless you want, go to the room where they spawn and if they are not there do a back and forth between that room and one next to it until they do (no encounter up). After they spawn and you defeat them go 2 rooms away from the spawn room, come back and start doing the first part again (or you can re-enter the world too).

Personally I always used only Strike Raid for Gigas Shadows since they can't hit you while it's on. When SR ends I dodge rolled few times away and did it again.

Time to continue my Re:CoM save today. I only cleared the first world.

You don't need to defeat any regular heartless. Basically the routine is: enter the world with rare heartless you want, go to the room where they spawn and if they are not there do a back and forth between that room and one next to it until they do (no encounter up). After they spawn and you defeat them go 2 rooms away from the spawn room, come back and start doing the first part again (or you can re-enter the world too).

Personally I always used only Strike Raid for Gigas Shadows since they can't hit you while it's on. When SR ends I dodge rolled few times away and did it again.

Time to continue my Re:CoM save today. I only cleared the first world.

Awesome, this is a huge help - thanks!

subtleglitch

Neo Member
I finally finished my proud playthrough today. I'll probably watch 358/2 and then start my beginner playthrough on KH1 and attempt the unchanging armour, no continues and beating the game in under 15 hours in that playthrough.

I think the battles I disliked the most on proud were
maleficent in dragon form, Riku second form and Ansem second form.

Seda

If you care about story or not being lost at all, might as well play through Re:CoM and then watch the Days cutscenes. Both are 100% canon although they are spin offs. Re:CoM isn't very long if you play on Easy. Note the plot takes a weird turn or two, and there's a lot of silly stuff but a few interesting things here and there.

Or alternatively you can just find the Re:CoM cutscenes on Youtube.

also

~Friendly reminder to mark spoilers~

Carbonox

I find
Ice Titan
to be the easiest special boss.
Phantom's
simple but a pain in the arse because of the gimmicks to the fight. He's just plain annoying.

Sephiroth
isn't that bad either really providing you're decently leveled. Even when he uses his uber spell to reduce you to 1hp and 1mp, quick reflexes with the item button sorts you out straight away. Or if you're lucky you could prevent him from ever using that spell. Rest of the fight is pretty much straightforward.

I do say this while keeping Leaf Bracer in mind though. :lol With that you're invincible.

Seda

Or if you're lucky you could prevent him from ever using that spell.

Superglide towards him when he does that - the initial aerial keyblade attack swing is fast - and you'll practically never get hit by it.

At least that's what I always have done.

You can:
Time an Elixir right after it.
Slide dash to him.
Strike Raid him.
Super Glide to him.
Be a badass and cast Cure to Leaf Veil out of it.

So the pink dancy mushroom, how many hits to get something useful?

You get a chance of getting Serenity Power synthesis item when you get 40+ hits. More hits means you have a better chance to get one/get multiple. It's the only place where you can get the item too.

Groof

You get a chance of getting Serenity Power synthesis item when you get 40+ hits. More hits means you have a better chance to get one/get multiple. It's the only place where you can get the item too.

Damn, and where can you find one other than Atlantica?

Psxphile

On my three playthroughs, I've noticed that if you activate the trinity before beating the world boss, the trinity will show up again afterwards, but it is still marked in the journal.

If you haven't activated it and it wouldn't allow you to, you may have needed to defeat a Chimera enemy in the area first.

Hm? I activated it after defeating the world's final boss (but before leaving the world proper... i.e. no heartless anywhere) and it still shows up. Of course, it's still registered. Interesting glitch. I noticed it disappears whenever a Chimera is supposed to spawn.

Damn, Aerora + Stopra + Ars Arcanum and I still can't break 40 hits on Pink Agaricus. Guess I'll just wait until I get Ragnarok or Stopga first.

How hard are the optional bosses? My party is a bit above level 50, do I need to level up more for them or am I good?

Depending on your items you could try your luck with Phantom I guess. You need a lot of MP/disable Goofy from anything other than MP Gift. Also full on elixirs/ethers on Goofy, yourself and Peter Pan.

less than 60 is still quite low for the optional bosses but Phantoms attacks are quite easily dodged and his missile attack is slow and easily parried. Of course also depends on your difficulty setting+what you chose from the start. Staff players should be a lil higher than the others for the harder bosses due to lack of Second Chance till 90.

Seda

Hm? I activated it after defeating the world's final boss (but before leaving the world proper... i.e. no heartless anywhere) and it still shows up. Of course, it's still registered. Interesting glitch. I noticed it disappears whenever a Chimera is supposed to spawn.

I just only noticed it being there on my secondary playthroughs where I activated it early, and I didn't notice the trinity there on return visits when it was activated after the fact in my first playthrough. I probably just came to the wrong conclusion of why it's sometimes there and sometimes not.

Damn, Aerora + Stopra + Ars Arcanum and I still can't break 40 hits on Pink Agaricus. Guess I'll just wait until I get Ragnarok or Stopga first.

Try getting Aeroga, if you can. Cast Aero(ra/ga), Lock onto the barrel outside, have D&G attack it, restore MP, then do Stop on the head, Ragnarok, attack a bit until you can use Ragnarok again, repeat. I've gotten up to 80 hits.

I think it's intentional, I thought it was a glitch at first, but I suppose it's there to let you know if the Chimera is gonna spawn or not, so as to not waste your time.

edit: I don't understand this...
Broke 11 pots before waking up Pot Scorpion, then defeated Pot Scorpion: (1) Munny x 20, (5) Munny x 3, (20) Munny x 1, Mythril Shard (20%), Mythril Stone (35%)
Broke 0 to ten pots before waking up Pot Scorpion, then defeated Pot Scorpion: (1) Munny x 5
Broke the eleventh pot: (1) Munny x 20, (5) Munny x 3, (20) Munny x 1, Mythril Stone (10%)
How am I meant to do this?

I think it's intentional, I thought it was a glitch at first, but I suppose it's there to let you know if the Chimera is gonna spawn or not, so as to not waste your time.

edit: I don't understand this...

How am I meant to do this?

First you find which pot holds the scorpion. To do this you try to move the pot. If the pot moves it's not the scorpion. If the pot doesn't move then don't hit it till you hit the others

First you find which pot holds the scorpion. To do this you try to move the pot. If the pot moves it's not the scorpion. If the pot doesn't move then don't hit it till you hit the others

This one is gonna irritate me, considering it doesn't even drop it every time, and even with Encounter Plus it appears I still have to go back two rooms for it to respawn. Mannn.

This one is gonna irritate me, considering it doesn't even drop it every time, and even with Encounter Plus it appears I still have to go back two rooms for it to respawn. Mannn.

You only need to go 2 rooms away once for the counter to reset after you have killed it. After that 1 room is enough until you have killed it again. AKA Encounter Plus is useless for rare heartless.

You only need to go 2 rooms away once for the counter to reset after you have killed it. After that 1 room is enough until you have killed it again. AKA Encounter Plus is useless for rare heartless.

...lol
I really should have expected that to be the case. Why didn't I? :(
I'm getting more luck out of the 10% on the 11th pot than the 35% on the heartless.
Messed upppp.

I might be wrong on this one, but I never go back and forth in a room to get rare heartless. Instead I soft reset. The RNG seems to be more forgiving if you "just started playing".

I also hope they put soft reset in 2.5.

Carbonox

Since getting the Platinum, my life has no meaning now. I wander around the world of GTAV with no sense of purpose. I close my eyes and see the Gummi ship world. I look out to the sea and think of Destiny Islands.

not that depressed

Seriously though, I'm in a proper Kingdom Hearts mood but Chain of Memories is shite and we won't get 2.5HD for a bazillion years.

sad panda

Top Bottom