• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 3D Dream Drop Distance |OT| Sora is Everyone in Every Dimension

Hmmm, my impressions of the game aren't very good right now after playing the first hour or so. Will delay detailed impressions until I have a better understanding of the game. The early parts of the game seem very poorly paced, and the way tutorials are introduced and balanced in the narrative aren't exciting at all. This could be the least interesting start to a KH game I've ever played... including 358/2 Days. :(

I really, really hope it picks up quickly.... ;_;

Yeah, the first world is quite boring, also because you have to get used to many new stuffs, such as the Spirits, the Flowmotion, the Drop System, the Reality Shift... From the second world onwards, all becomes better and more playable.

Yeah...I'm having trouble getting any motivation to even play this game.

KH2 is probably one of my favorite games ever (flaws and all) but I think I might have soured on the franchise...that or I just don't like playing them on portables (didn't beat BBS either...watched a lets play).

Seems to be a lot of hate for the story. I have always enjoyed the story even though at times it is so convoluted. I think it works well with all the Disney integration.

As for DDD I'm still on the fence with it. The graphic are good and the sound seems on part with the series. I also like the flowmotion system as it does help improve the gameplay since it can get stale after countless hours. The two thing I have issues with so far is the pet/partner system and the drop system.

The pets as partners are ok I could just do with out the whole interacting with them. Let me use them in battle maybe feed them and get new skills from them. But the petting/poking and playtime seem unneeded. As for the drop system so far it just seems to happen at the worse points. I'm in the middle of something than drop into the other character. It breaks the flow.

In the end it does seem like a solid entry and I will be playing the crap out of it and maybe the area I have concern with will go away, time will tell.

Aeana

Hmmm, my impressions of the game aren't very good right now after playing the first hour or so. Will delay detailed impressions until I have a better understanding of the game. The early parts of the game seem very poorly paced, and the way tutorials are introduced and balanced in the narrative aren't exciting at all. This could be the least interesting start to a KH game I've ever played... including 358/2 Days. :(

I really, really hope it picks up quickly.... ;_;
What about KH2?

Yeah...I'm having trouble getting any motivation to even play this game.

KH2 is probably one of my favorite games ever (flaws and all) but I think I might have soured on the franchise...that or I just don't like playing them on portables (didn't beat BBS either...watched a lets play).

BBS was an excellent entry and should really be played if you liked KH2.

colormage1

Neo Member
Stupid question...how exactly can I drop back to the World Map? Im trying to get Riku out of
Traverse Town
and back to the world map but I can't figure it out >.<

Thirteen Xehanorts?

I fuckin lost it at that line. This fuckin game lol.

Also:
I'm surprised Nimoy returned to do MX voice. I'm pretty sure he said that it was his last role in BBS. I guess nobody refuses Disney.

Just saw that Gamespot gave the badge for Bad Voice Acting to the game... How is this possible? I didn't start to play KH 3D yet, but c'mon, the series has great voice acting.

Mario007

Thirteen Xehanorts?

I fuckin lost it at that line. This fuckin game lol.

Also:
I'm surprised Nimoy returned to do MX voice. I'm pretty sure he said that it was his last role in BBS. I guess nobody refuses Disney.

well I think he might have signed one of those contracts where he agreed to voice the character forever and at the time there wasn't supposed to be another appearance of MX and then Nomura's like...13 Xehanorts!!!!

Just saw that Gamespot gave the badge for Bad Voice Acting to the game... How is this possible? I didn't start to play KH 3D yet, but c'mon, the series has great voice acting.
Well, the FF characters in KH2 sounded pretty shit (Aerith in particular), but that's not pertinent to this game.

I do feel like the voice acting has deteriorated with the regulars. It was at its best in KH1.

Well, the FF characters in KH2 sounded pretty shit (Aerith in particular), but that's not pertinent to this game.

I do feel like the voice acting has deteriorated with the regulars. It was at its best in KH1.

I agree, FF characters are not that good, but the disney's characters were great, actually, the original characters from the series as well.

Mario007

The 'nodding' scenes are a pain to watch, you know where everyone's like 'yeah', 'hm', 'mh-hm' etc for 20 seconds. Though that's not the fault of the voice-actors, those kinds of scenes shouldn't be in the game.

I'm literrally at that part
and want to know the right answers for the questions so I don't need to do it again- I guess its the third one since that answer was in KH1 or something lol

The questions are mainly for the secret ending, assuming you answer correctly. Here are the correct answers.

1. "Losing something that's important."
2. "My Close friends."
3. "To recover something important."

You also need a certain amount of trophies to get the secret ending

13 trophies on beginner mode
7 trophies on standard mode
5 trophies on proud mode
Just beat the game on critical mode

Gradivus

The questions are mainly for the secret ending, assuming you answer correctly. Here are the correct answers.

1. "Losing something that's important."
2. "My Close friends."
3. "To recover something important."

You also need a certain amount of trophies to get the secret ending

13 trophies on beginner mode
7 trophies on standard mode
5 trophies on proud mode
Just beat the game on critical mode

Thanks for that bit of info!

Cheska

Does anyone have the link to that Kingdom Hearts timeline? Want to send it to my boss since she's going to be starting DDD tomorrow.

Except... it's not.

Currently KINGDOM HEARTS 3D Dream Drop Distance Mark of Mastery Edition is not available for purchase and has been removed from your cart.

Huh. A friend of mine ordered it without any problems an hour ago. Maybe it sold out that quickly and they neglected to change the listing?

I know Toys 'R Us had it in stock yesterday, but the listing for that is gone today, too. Weird.

Famassu

I don't understand. I think most KH Intros were kinda boring and that 3D's beginning is the best yet. At least 3D begins with a bang and let's you do some cool stuff (aka flowmotion) from the start instead of you feeling gimped for hours before you start to get to the good stuff. Granted, I did none of the tutorials, so I'm not sure how long those are. But all in all, I thought it started with good enough pace and I was kicking ass soon enough. Even BBS had you just spar against Terra & Aqua, which isn't the most spectacular way of beginning a game.

Thoraxes

Yep, Kingdom Hearts 2's tutorial/prologue is the best in the series.
Twilight Town was a great way to make a tutorial section last way longer than it should've. I really disliked KH2's opening because of how long it took to get into the actual game.

KHII has one of the worst, most drawn out tutorial sequences I've ever experienced in a game. KH3D might drop you right into the game without any context at all, but at least it kicks things off with a good ol' Disney boss. (Of which this game is seriously lacking... >_>)

Got my MoM from Amazon earlier:

90183b9a.jpg

Mario007

That's not an opinion I've seen expressed very often.
I found it incredibly boring, myself.

Twilight Town was a great way to make a tutorial section last way longer than it should've. I really disliked KH2's opening because of how long it took to get into the actual game.

KHII has one of the worst, most drawn out tutorial sequences I've ever experienced in a game. KH3D might drop you right into the game without any context at all, but at least it kicks things off with a good ol' Disney boss. (Of which this game is seriously lacking... >_>)

The beauty of KH2 was that you actually got very important story bits in there. Roxas also grew character-wise with new skills and abilities. Plus it introduced Axel and Namine to me (i haven't played nor heard of COM before it) so it was super-awesome in that regard. Also the battle of Roxas v Axel when suddenly Roxas pulls out 2 keyblades was epic. I genuinely didn't want to play as Sora after all that time invested in Roxas.

EDIT: Also I prefer the 'Station of Awakening' set-up.

Aeana

I just started the game with the Circle Pad Pro. It's my first time using it. I thought it would make the game easier to control, but I kind of don't like it. Setting the control mode to type B and just using L to re-center the camera seems like it'll work out better for me.

Murrah

Banned

Seriously. No
Frollo fight?
What a waste

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Has there ever been an official statement on why BBS is not on PSN? I only have a PSP Go and am shocked it never released digitally.

I've been pretty down on KH as I really disliked 1 and only mildly enjoyed parts of 2. Given the furious love of BBS I would like to try it before 3D.

Has there ever been an official statement on why BBS is not on PSN? I only have a PSP Go and am shocked it never released digitally.

I've been pretty down on KH as I really disliked 1 and only mildly enjoyed parts of 2. Given the furious love of BBS I would like to try it before 3D.

Duckroll wrote there were some issues with Disney being reluctant on digital delivery

Ghost23

I cannot find the "sad" music that plays multiple times. It happens once when
tron falls out of Sora's hands.
Does anyone know which song that is?

Aeana

I think I changed my mind about the CPP. I didn't like it at first, but after playing without it for a while, my hand cramped up, so I tried it again and it seems to work better after all.

Top Bottom