• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue |OT| May our hearts be our guiding key

Final boss is very hard on Crit. His main attacks do an absurd amount of damage. I took him about by not allowing him to have a second phase. The Wayfinder sequence allows you to unload all your attacks for a good bit.

I recorded my winning attempt: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uibQXUrJZfc

Yeah, this is exactly how I did it. Got him to half health with Spellweaver/Fire,Blizzard & Thunda-ja, activated the Wayfinder sequence and unloaded on him with Shotlocks, using elixrs to replenish the focus bar. By the time the second phase started, I only had to cast Blizzard to finish it.

The fight is still ass, even with the tweaks to the boss and Critical as a whole being re-balanced, but at least there's a way around that abysmal last phase.

Burbeting

Banned
Finished 0.2 in roughly 2.5 hours. It was alright, the best parts were the battles against mirror Aqua, that's for sure. The darkside bosses and the regular enemies were pretty fun, and the heartless swarm bosses were awful. Hopefully the team will build up on the mirror Aqua bosses with the real deal.

Yeah, this is exactly how I did it. Got him to half health with Spellweaver/Fire,Blizzard & Thunda-ja, activated the Wayfinder sequence and unloaded on him with Shotlocks, using elixrs to replenish the focus bar. By the time the second phase started, I only had to cast Blizzard to finish it.

The fight is still ass, even with the tweaks to the boss and Critical as a whole being re-balanced, but at least there's a way around that abysmal last phase.

Yeah my issue with the game's combat is the enemies that have insane speed and tracking. Whether it's the final boss or a group of fire/water heartless I find myself constantly getting attacked from all sides.

No idea if it'll be as big a problem here in KH3 though. I feel you'll have more options for attacking and movement which will help. Here's hoping we have more than 1 combo and 1 finisher we can do in the air and on the ground. It also helps that it seems they're paying attention to fan reaction given they've patched the game since it's launch.

I never thought the beginning of DDD was actually Sora and Riku sent back in time!

That just blows my mind!

Also the beginning of 0.2 has Luxu overseeing the end of BBS, but how is that possible - does that mean there are two No Names?

... Could the box be a
time machine
?

Haven't played but watched the cutscenes.

I don't think that's the end of BBS... That seems to be the end of the Keyblade War. Luxu still has the Keyblade so it hasn't been passed on yet.

Man, the battle system for this is the basic skeleton of a REALLY confident and excellent merger of BBS and KH2. I'd love to see this system with KH2's full melee complexity, a full set of spells, and a bigger set of finishers/command styles - maybe an almost Chain of Memories style set of dialing in moves to work your way up the chain (based on what you fill each of three slots with). I'd love to be able to work my way all the way up to Mega Flare (but *really* have to play tactically and deliberately to get there). It'd allow for lots of great KH2-style moment-to-moment combat gameplay while also having BBS's move variety.

Well got all trophies in 0.2/saw back cover.
Really interested to see where KH3 goes now.

On KH3D now and I can already tell platinuming this is gonna be an ordeal ha ha. Have a few questions though if anyone knows?

1. Will we need to beat KH3D on critical for platinum? I see it'd a trophy in reports but not sure it's necessary to do that?

2. How do you make all 3 spirits very happy for this happy camper trophy. I think it's when they sparkle on the bonding mode but can't get the other 2 to do it. Get me out of this mode already!

EDIT: Just got this now, it was as I suspected, all need to be glowing, seems to be when you play with them enough and you're getting more bonuses than usual, leave them at that point and work on the next one.

Thanks
There's no trophy related to difficulty. You can get the platinum on any difficulty. The trophies in-game are separate to the other trophies.

Azerare

For 0.2 objectives trophy does it all have to be on critical or does It share/
Split it between saves?
And for the new game objective carry over do I only get one of those or can I make two new game saves with my objectives?

It's strange to me that this released before 1.5+2.5. I've played KH before (completed and loved BBS) but I am totally lost with this one, I've told myself to put it down until I can play the rest when it releases.

It's strange to me that this released before 1.5+2.5. I've played KH before (completed and loved BBS) but I am totally lost with this one, I've told myself to put it down until I can play the rest when it releases.

I feel like if you played/beat BBS (and completed the Final Episode with Aqua in BBS), you shouldn't be that lost. Well, I guess the couple DDD-related scenes might be a little confusing, but the main portion of the game doesn't really revolve around that stuff. On the other hand, it definitely has DDD spoilers, so if you haven't played that, I would wait and play that before finishing 0.2.

So I got the Keyblade for completing Flick Rush, however only Sora has it despite the Flick Rush level being shared between both him and Riku. How do I get the Keyblade for Riku?

Did they adjust anything with the Drop mechanic or is it the same? Two reasons why I never did replay DDD on 3DS was because of the dream eaters (don't like 'em, would prefer Donald/Goofy) and the drop mechanic annoyed me.

I feel like if you played/beat BBS (and completed the Final Episode with Aqua in BBS), you shouldn't be that lost. Well, I guess the couple DDD-related scenes might be a little confusing, but the main portion of the game doesn't really revolve around that stuff. On the other hand, it definitely has DDD spoilers, so if you haven't played that, I would wait and play that before finishing 0.2.

I think part of the problem is I beat BBS way back when it released in Japan for PSP, and haven't gone back to it (in part because they never rereleased it for Vita/PSN etc.) since. I remember the general plot but yeah, this release is just very oddly timed to me, leaves me scratching my head a bit.

I think part of the problem is I beat BBS way back when it released in Japan for PSP, and haven't gone back to it (in part because they never rereleased it for Vita/PSN etc.) since. I remember the general plot but yeah, this release is just very oddly timed to me, leaves me scratching my head a bit.

I definitely agree 1.5+2.5 should have probably released first before 2.8 came out. It is a little weird to me.

I definitely agree 1.5+2.5 should have probably released first before 2.8 came out. It is a little weird to me.

Kingdom Hearts doing something weird is par for the course. :L

I agree though, it's awkward when you have to go "No, don't play this new one yet go play the other collections that come out in a couple months." It's complete backwards. At least we can finally have the whole series (sans ux) on a single machine in March.

Did they adjust anything with the Drop mechanic or is it the same? Two reasons why I never did replay DDD on 3DS was because of the dream eaters (don't like 'em, would prefer Donald/Goofy) and the drop mechanic annoyed me.

the drop meter now moves at half the speed as it did in the 3DS, the rest is still the same

peronmls

Why can't they make the animations fluid feeling like KH2 and not like a regular stiff fighter? Days and recoded and recom felt great. I noticed on some of Aquas battle animations that they don't end the animations well. They cheap it by having them snap back in to the default stand still animation.

Why can't they make the animations fluid feeling like KH2 and not like a regular stiff fighter? Days and recoded and recom felt great. I noticed on some of Aquas battle animations that they don't end the animations well. They cheap it by having them snap back in to the default stand still animation.
Hoping they tune that up for kh3. they seem to be listening.

silva1991

Who thought that tired/stunned status was a good idea? are they serious? this is a game where there will be countless encounters with 10+ fast enemies all over the screen.

Artificial difficulty tbh.

I don't remember if DDD and BBS had that mechanic, but I know 1 and 2 didn't.

Am I supposed to mash some buttons to make Aqua recover faster?

Who thought that tired/stunned status was a good idea? are they serious? this is a game where there will be countless encounters with 10+ fast enemies all over the screen.

Artificial difficulty tbh.

I don't remember if DDD and BBS had that mechanic, but I know 1 and 2 didn't.

Am I supposed to mash some buttons to make Aqua recover faster?

It was in BBS and DDD, but it goes as far back as Re:CoM and yes, it's dumb. Hell, there's already a status effect that's functionally the exact same thing. (Stop)

silva1991

It was in BBS and DDD, but it goes as far back as Re:CoM and yes, it's dumb. Hell, there's already a status effect that's functionally the exact same thing. (Stop)

Well, that doesn't make me excited to replay DDD
on proud
lol

Also is it just me or does Aqua auto fix her animation in mid air after getting hit and that stops Once more/second chance effect?

I want to play DDD but I feel like it'll be time consuming. It sucks that there isn't a trophy guide up but I seem to be doing well so far. I've also warmed up to the flowmotion system; it's very useful for getting around.

peronmls

They need to fix the movement, running around and turning with aqua is janky. smoothen that muhfucker out. I don't think she can turn 360 degrees, missing animations I guess.
I agree. There is something really weird with her turning while running. Like she can't turn but only tilt her body. She looks like she's just gliding left and right. It looked the same way for sora in the trailers. Also I really hate that speed up running. I feel way too rushed and it looks tacky.

They are trying to make the games fast the wrong way.

Which game? DDD has a Vanish command which turns you invisible. Catanuki uses this.

If it's 0.2 then please upload a video, I really wanna see this
It was 0.2 against the boss on the beach. My body disappeared and all I saw was footprints and some sparkles from the keyblade showing.

Ill go on later to see if it was recorded. I didn't manual record it myself tho.

I agree. There is something really weird with her turning while running. Like she can't turn but only tilt her body. She looks like she's just gliding left and right. It looked the same way for Dora in the trailers. Also I really hate that speed up running. I feel way too rushed and it looks tacky.

They are trying to make the games fast the wrong way.
Definitely. Navigating with Aqua isn't fun at all. Running, jumping dashing all feels so stiff compared to even early level KH2 Sora.

That run speed needs to be slowed the fuck down, it's like she's gliding with those long ass strides.

It was 0.2 against the boss on the beach. My body disappeared and all I saw was footprints and some sparkles from the keyblade showing.

Ill go on later to see if it was recorded. I didn't manual record it myself tho.

Ah drat. Unless you were recording externally then you won't have a copy. They block recording from the end of Enchanted Dominion onwards. That would have been a hilarious glitch to see though.

Ah drat. Unless you were recording externally then you won't have a copy. They block recording from the end of Enchanted Dominion onwards. That would have been a hilarious glitch to see though.
That's sucks. I can confirm it made the boss alot more difficult. Thank god for lock on.

raven777

Oh shit! 1.5+2.5 special edition SE e-store exclusive Japan has special case that can hold 1.5+2.5 and 2.8
C3KQCAOUMAASNAv.jpg:large

C3KQCARUkAI_B_e.jpg:large

C3KP1ZyUEAEPX12.jpg:large

Top Bottom