• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue |OT| May our hearts be our guiding key

raven777

Yep, Nomura said it. This should have been the limited edition of 1.5+2.5 for us but I doubt it.

well he implied bundle package but this is just special case they give you when you buy 1.5+2.5 which is pretty cool for those who don't want to buy 2.8 again I guess.

Oh shit! 1.5+2.5 special edition SE e-store exclusive Japan has special case that can hold 1.5+2.5 and 2.8
Oh, I came into this thread to ask if there was a way to play the first two games on PS4. I've never played a Kingdom Hearts game and saw 2.8 on PSN and almost bought it.. but I want to start at the beginning. Now I now, thanks.

I'll have something to play in April after I've finished Breath of the Wild.

raven777

Oh, I came into this thread to ask if there was a way to play the first two games on PS4. I've never played a Kingdom Hearts game and saw 2.8 on PSN and almost bought it.. but I want to start at the beginning. Now I now, thanks.

I'll have something to play in April after I've finished Breath of the Wild.

yea wait for 1.5+2.5 that comes out on March first.

Namikaze

I really hope the U.S. gets that..I'm surprised they announced a limited edition for 2.8 so early but still haven't announced anything for 1.5/2.5. Even the PS3 version of 2.5 had a collector's edition..

Lnds500

well he implied bundle package but this is just special case they give you when you buy 1.5+2.5 which is pretty cool for those who don't want to buy 2.8 again I guess.

He specifically said it wasn't a bundle.

The timing isn't very good, so we won't be releasing a full pack just yet. But, we are preparing a box, such as you often see for DVD sets. The box will be able to fit KH1.5+2.5 and KH2.8. I think it will be a Square Enix e-STORE limited edition.

I hate that they removed the section of the reports where you can view what commands and items you collected. It was great in Birth by Sleep for tracking things down but I'm lost in DDD.

So is the 1.5+2.5 collection going to be on one disc or two? Does anyone know?
Confirmed one disc.

silva1991

Just beat super phantom Aqua. Holy shit that was intense.

Great fight, but I hope there will be more creative with human bosses in KH3.

The boss was fantastic, but it was very VERY reminiscent of Larxene.

KH2 had like 15 human bosses(including Terra and Sephiroth) and each one felt very unique and different in style.

I feel I'm still shaking lol. Not a single boss in DS3 gave me as much trouble haha.

Come on devs, give me KH2 Sora playable(with all drive forms) in the next update.

Quadraxis

I have never played DDD before and i have to say i am really enjoying it. Flowmotion is pretty fun when you get used to it, it gives more options. I also like the wider areas in this one. Just arrived at the second world and the music there is awesome(as i have come to expect from KH :D). Looking forward to playing more.

Creating spirits seems a bit random to me though with the rank, level etc. Any tips creating and leveling spirits are welcome :)

tdwig

Neo Member
I have never played DDD before and i have to say i am really enjoying it. Flowmotion is pretty fun when you get used to it, it gives more options. I also like the wider areas in this one. Just arrived at the second world and the music there is awesome(as i have come to expect from KH :D). Looking forward to playing more.

Creating spirits seems a bit random to me though with the rank, level etc. Any tips creating and leveling spirits are welcome :)

Look for spirits with red (support) abilities as you can keep those permanently for your character once you unlock them. Always make as many spirits as you can & check your ability list to see which spirits can provide what. The "Rank" of a spirit only impacts the spirits stats which are hardly important compared to abilities they provide. You can level them for their abilities then move on to new spirits to unlock new support abilities for your character. Also important to note that the blue stat abilities are only temporary to what spirit's are in your party, but the red support ones are permanent for both Sora and Riku.

End-game I suppose you could go the extra effort for creating star rank spirits of the ones you like for the sake of min maxing.

So.... Just watched a video on flow-motion... Is warping in FF XV a neutered version of flowmotion?

silva1991

After beating super Aqua, final boss was nothing. I beat it so fast I didn't give it a chance to do anything in the final phase loooool.

The music is just so GOOD.

Must have spent ~20 hours and haven't even started critical mode yet.

+

Wayfinder+Mickey is awesome. It is basically like that limit move with Riku in world that never was/final boss.

Quadraxis

Thanks, i'll keep that in mind about the red support abilities. I was already trying to get leaf bracer from meow wow in the first place, so that seems like a good plan.

So.... Just watched a video on flow-motion... Is warping in FF XV a neutered version of flowmotion?

I haven't played FFXV so i can't say anything about that. In the game it's just a way to use walls poles etc for movement and attacks, Its a pretty neat way to incorperate the environments and expand the battle system.

silva1991

tumblr_o4o4obN0731snri7qo2_540.gif

They really nailed this thing as a monster/boss in the game.

It's true that final phase phase can be infuriating, but the uniqueness of this boss is undeniable.

Regular devil's tower is alright, but the final boss is great.

raven777

tumblr_o4o4obN0731snri7qo2_540.gif

They really nailed this thing as a monster/boss in the game.

It's true that final phase phase can be infuriating, but the uniqueness of this boss is undeniable.

Regular devil's tower is alright, but the final boss is great.

yea visually Devil's Wave is fantastic. The wave itself, background, music... it's really great looking.

Nose Master

Look for spirits with red (support) abilities as you can keep those permanently for your character once you unlock them. Always make as many spirits as you can & check your ability list to see which spirits can provide what. The "Rank" of a spirit only impacts the spirits stats which are hardly important compared to abilities they provide. You can level them for their abilities then move on to new spirits to unlock new support abilities for your character. Also important to note that the blue stat abilities are only temporary to what spirit's are in your party, but the red support ones are permanent for both Sora and Riku.

End-game I suppose you could go the extra effort for creating star rank spirits of the ones you like for the sake of min maxing.

Wait. Only red are permanent? I thought they all were once unlocked ._.

SOLDIER

Finished 0.2 on Normal.

Being Aqua is suffering.

Great twist in how it turned out you were helping Mickey reach the ending of the first game, but I was super bummed that Aqua still hasn't been freed.

NateDog

For those with the LE how is the pin? I normally don't care about them but I like this one (and that general art / situational piece) and I want some consistency with the HD collection boxes but I'm not sure how long the LE will be available in the UK. Amazon is the only place that still has it (well SE store has a waiting list).

HOLY SHIT i just realized

they kept mickeys ears facing forward in the cut scene of him closing the door in 0.2 just like they did in KH1

fuckin hell out of all the things they kept the ears the same

jrush64

Banned
I'm finding it really difficult to level up in DDD, level 6 now and in Hunchback world and im underlevelled. This was the same issue I had with the 3DS version.

peronmls

Definitely. Navigating with Aqua isn't fun at all. Running, jumping dashing all feels so stiff compared to even early level KH2 Sora.

That run speed needs to be slowed the fuck down, it's like she's gliding with those long ass strides.

I know, right? and we already ice riding ability so what do we need run times x2?

Red and purple are permanent (but purple only applies bonuses to the dream eaters so they're less useful). Blue abilities only stay in effect while they're in the party.

I probably wouldn't hate the dream eater BS if everything you learned was permanently applied to your character. I would view them more as methods of gaining abilities than as party members. Seriously dread dealing with them when I start DDD again.

quesalupa

HOLY SHIT i just realized

they kept mickeys ears facing forward in the cut scene of him closing the door in 0.2 just like they did in KH1

fuckin hell out of all the things they kept the ears the same
I lol'd when
they gave an explanation for him not wearing a shirt

peronmls

Okay they added some kind of input buffering to 0.2 and I really hate it because I end up using double magic and whatnot. Input Buffering should not be a thing in this kind of game. It's just too fast to have that. It was fine in the Dark Souls games because it was slow.

silva1991

Just beat the final boss on critical and I didn't even grind :D

It wasn't as brutal as some said, or maybe I just got gud
pretty-onion-head-emoticon.gif

Most used magic: curaga 38 times

Where are my KH3 news and trailers Nomura sama?
waiting-onion-head-emoticon.gif

I lol'd when
they gave an explanation for him not wearing a shirt

lol.

Berordn

I probably wouldn't hate the dream eater BS if everything you learned was permanently applied to your character. I would view them more as methods of gaining abilities than as party members. Seriously dread dealing with them when I start DDD again.

I feel like they're getting LP faster, and the changes they made to the minigames make those a little more tolerable to do in rapid succession.

I can't say I'd have minded if they retrofitted melding back in, though.

Are there any kingdom hearts centric Twitters that we can tweet as far as criticism?

I just really hope they fix they movement/navigation for KH3. From the trailers, Sora runs like hyena Aqua, waaay too fast.

raven777

Just beat the final boss on critical and I didn't even grind :D

It wasn't as brutal as some said, or maybe I just got gud
pretty-onion-head-emoticon.gif

Most used magic: curaga 38 times

Where are my KH3 news and trailers Nomura sama?
waiting-onion-head-emoticon.gif

Did you play after the patch? They did nerf him little bit.

Berordn

Never played a KH game before, would this be viable as a first attempt?

Storywise you'd probably be completely lost as it's a direct sequel to KH2 that ties in the events from BBS to explain the setup for KH3.

But it'd be possible to pick it up and learn to play for sure.

Top Bottom