• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue |OT| May our hearts be our guiding key

Slater

Banned
Its been 10 years since KH2. Hayden has gotten older and Alyson Stoner, again, somehow reprises her.

Let me guess, Kairi is going to be done by Hayen in KH3 and Alyson is going to do Xion again.

I wish they would stop switching every game
In this case Hayden only recently returned to acting after struggling with postpartum depression. At the times these lines were recorded she was still recovering. Nobody's fault there, just lucky Stoner has expirence with the role she's about a good a stand in for Kairi as you could hope for

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
In this case Hayden only recently returned to acting after struggling with postpartum depression. At the times these lines were recorded she was still recovering. Nobody's fault there, just lucky Stoner has expirence with the role she's about a good a stand in for Kairi as you could hope for

Your saying she was battling depression in between Until dawn and this? jesus...that sucks

Ydelnae

Just finished 0.2 after the patch actually made it feasible in Proud mode. I still think it would have been awesome if this would have been part of KH3 and a secret until release.

Imagine booting up KH3 for the first time in 2019 to finally play as Sora and end this saga only to find out you have to play a KH1 tie-in first!

Just finished 0.2 after the patch actually made it feasible in Proud mode. I still think it would have been awesome if this would have been part of KH3 and a secret until release.

Imagine booting up KH3 for the first time in 2019 to finally play as Sora and end this saga only to find out you have to play a KH1 tie-in first!

Yeah, it would habe been great.

And KH III is 2018, believe!

Your saying she was battling depression in between Until dawn and this? jesus...that sucks

Until Dawn may have been done a long time ago considering the development hell that title had but, yes, she missed a significant chunk of the 3rd and 4th seasons of her show, Nashville, due to the pregnancy itself then her issues with depression after delivery.

Would've been neat, but I think the potential feedback gathered from this to make KHIII a better, more balanced game is more valuable than a surprise factor that'd wear off after the first time.

And according to Nomura, DDD was originally envisioned as KH3's opening anyway, 'til it was made it's own game, lol

Berordn

Would've been neat, but I think the potential feedback gathered from this to make KHIII a better, more balanced game is more valuable than a surprise factor that'd wear off after the first time.

And according to Nomura, DDD was originally envisioned as KH3's opening anyway, 'til it was made it's own game, lol

Plus there's still a chance that the opening segment will be Riku and Mickey anyway, before we go back to the bumbling trio.

Though I guess Kairi and Lea make more sense as the tutorial.

Psxphile

Does anyone think that the very first scene of 0.2 is completely random and doesn't fit anywhere?

Everything is connected.

ptX9nCW.png

I wonder how the tutorial is going to shake out, actually. Nomura did say KHIII would have a relatively abrupt opening. He said the same thing about DDD and that threw you into the literal deep end against Ursula right off the bat while doubling as a combat tutorial.

I think it'd be neat if they started in medias res with Sora, Donald and Goofy against Rock Titan, before rewinding back to how they even got there, FFXV style.

I wonder how the tutorial is going to shake out, actually. Nomura did say KHIII would have a relatively abrupt opening. He said the same thing about DDD and that threw you into the literal deep end against Ursula right off the bat while doubling as a combat tutorial.

I think it'd be neat if they started in medias res with Sora, Donald and Goofy against Rock Titan, before rewinding back to how they even got there, FFXV,style.

I hope the tutorial is controlling the young Eraques and Xehanort. That'd be dope.

Like, two friends training and stuff.

Lnds500

i assume you haven't watched Back Cover yet

It's related to KH III and since 0.2 was supposed to be the prologue in KH III it would have made more sense.

I have watched Back Cover and I think that scene makes sense in Back Cover, not at the start of 0.2!

I still don't know what that scene is. Is it the first test while falling asleep or something?

I still don't know what that scene is. Is it the first test while falling asleep or something?

Yeah. To get to the realm of sleep where the actual exam starts, they needed to basically hitch a ride on a world falling to darkness, so Yen Sid sent them back in time to when Destiny Islands fell in KH1. I assumed Phantom Ursula was just a vaguely explained pre-test by Yen Sid to prepare them.

BroBot

Oh man that epilogue scene after the credits. HYPE.

Also,
Sora's "Happens all the time" line made me chuckle. We know we're starting KH3 from level 1.

HeelPower

I honestly feel so good about KH3 now.

The most amazing thing about 0.2 is that it feels exactly like I hoped it would.

Kudos to the osaka team for having made this giant leap and fully maintained the series integrity.

Even cutscene direction flows naturally from old KH days.Those cutscenes that start with foot step sounds </3 </3

Are spellweaver and wayfinder the only two command styles in 0.2?
Unfortunately yeah.

Would have liked to have seen Ghost Drive at least but Wayfinder is pretty similar

Seems like the suped up magic are replacements for Firestorm, Thunderbolt and Diamond Dust

Ydelnae

Dream Drop Distance just crashed my PS4 and I thought it killed my system since it wouldn't turn on. Maybe a signal that we should all skip this game.

Ydelnae

Sora and Riku are sent back in time by Yen Sid. They are the ones that steal the boat you make in KH1 (the boat mysteriously disappeared when Sora wakes up at night). Ursula (she still hasn't had contact with Sora or Riku) is sent to Destiny Island by Ansem to stop DreamSora and DreamRiku, but she doesn't know that the real ones are in the island (Riku is being consumed by darkness and Sora is getting chosen by the keyblade)

And all of this just to justify that Nomura wanted them to look younger just because he likes their designs more that way. And he was forced to change them anyway after the backslash when the game was revealed lol He should have just used KH2 Sora and Riku in DDD.

Wezzulus

Neo Member
Sora and Riku are sent back in time by Yen Sid. They are the ones that steal the boat you make in KH1 (the boat mysteriously disappeared when Sora wakes up at night). Ursula (she still hasn't had contact with Sora or Riku) is sent to Destiny Island by Ansem to stop DreamSora and DreamRiku, but she doesn't know that the real ones are in the island (Riku is being consumed by darkness and Sora is getting chosen by the keyblade)

And all of this just to justify that Nomura wanted them to look younger just because he likes their designs more that way. And he was forced to change them anyway after the backslash when the game was revealed lol He should have just used KH2 Sora and Riku in DDD.
Sora never found out the boat was gone because he didn't get to that part of the island. He was only on the front side, encountered Riku, then went straight to the secret place. In DDD they do take that raft though.

MAtgS

no that the actall tutoial world we going to going to jump right in kh 3 instead of like privous games
I half expect Twilight Town to be a detour.
Sora can't find a direct route to OC but then Gets an idea. So maybe he thinks he can find a route from other familiar worlds.

Prompto

Banned
I'm loving the importance they're giving to Disney stuff to the story.
Olympus Coliseum being essential to Sora regaining his strength, Merlin training Axel and Kairi, etc.
Gives me hope that the Disney worlds in 3 won't just be filler.

Yea I would say the visuals for the epilogue scene is perfect

It's funny that the scene they showed at the final trailer is probably the worst looking scene of Sora lol.
The game is gorgeous looking in brightly lit areas.

Lnds500

Yeah. To get to the realm of sleep where the actual exam starts, they needed to basically hitch a ride on a world falling to darkness, so Yen Sid sent them back in time to when Destiny Islands fell in KH1. I assumed Phantom Ursula was just a vaguely explained pre-test by Yen Sid to prepare them.

Oh my God!!!

I have never played 3D and I didn't know all the details of the story. This is so fucked up, i love it.

(Hate that the game cuts back and forth betweem cutscenes - they could have given us a chronological option now that it's on consoles again)

Lnds500

KH 0.2 PS4 vs PS4 Pro by VGTech
https://youtu.be/uG-dKjReSK8
PS4 -
900p, 30fps
PS4 Pro -
1080p, unlocked fps (averages around 50fps)

Both have frame-pacing issues but the Pro seems to be completely unoptimised. It's frame-pacing is constantly terrible and in the final battle of the video the performance gain over the OG is laughable (~10fps, really?).

Still the better version IMO.

EDIT: I believe I got the frame-pacing chart wrong and OG is much worse than the Pro in that regard.

LAA

Well got all trophies in 0.2/saw back cover.
Really interested to see where KH3 goes now.

On KH3D now and I can already tell platinuming this is gonna be an ordeal ha ha. Have a few questions though if anyone knows?

1. Will we need to beat KH3D on critical for platinum? I see it'd a trophy in reports but not sure it's necessary to do that?

2. How do you make all 3 spirits very happy for this happy camper trophy. I think it's when they sparkle on the bonding mode but can't get the other 2 to do it. Get me out of this mode already!

EDIT: Just got this now, it was as I suspected, all need to be glowing, seems to be when you play with them enough and you're getting more bonuses than usual, leave them at that point and work on the next one.

Thanks

DPtheGod

Does anyone know if I can complete the main story for 0.2 and then keep exploring the areas to complete all of the objectives? Or, would I have to start a new file?

Well got all trophies in 0.2/saw back cover.
Really interested to see where KH3 goes now.

On KH3D now and I can already tell platinuming this is gonna be an ordeal ha ha. Have a few questions though if anyone knows?

1. Will we need to beat KH3D on critical or platinum? I see it'd a trophy in reports but not sure it's necessary to do that?

2. How do you make all 3 spirits very happy for this happy camper trophy. I think it's when they sparkle on the bonding mode but can't get the other 2 to do it. Get me out of this mode already!

Thanks

Not answering, unfortunately, but I have a question for you.

Where did you have to go for the "Get to the highest point in town" objective? I need to do this still for my trophy :(

LAA

Does anyone know if I can complete the main story for 0.2 and then keep exploring the areas to complete all of the objectives? Or, would I have to start a new file?

Not answering, unfortunately, but I have a question for you.

Where did you have to go for the "Get to the highest point in town" objective? I need to do this still for my trophy :(

Ha ha right. It's:
On the floating platforms in the middle of town, I believe on the floating part of a tower. While you're there I also saw a meteor shower there towards the castle.

Karma dictates I'll get my answers next ;)

Lnds500

It's in Cinderella's world. There simply is a path on top of the floating buildings that involves some platforming. It's hard to miss if you look in the sky really.

DPtheGod

You can, and have to if you're 100%ing it.

Ha ha right. It's:
On the floating platforms in the middle of town, I believe on the floating part of a tower. While you're there I also saw a meteor shower there towards the castle.

Karma dictates I'll get my answers next ;)

It's in Cinderella's world. There simply is a path on top of the floating buildings that involves some platforming. It's hard to miss if you look in the sky really.

Oh okay sweet, thanks a bunch you guys!

I'm glad Sora's going to at least be able to go through one world in KHIII with his costume from II. I used to hate it, but it's actually grown on me in the time since II (Which was admittedly a decade).

Shame it's only really ever used in II and very, very briefly in DDD. Speaking of DDD, I like how the secret unlockable message still kinda applies now, what with 1.5 and 2.5 being ported to PS4.

I never thought the beginning of DDD was actually Sora and Riku sent back in time!

That just blows my mind!

Also the beginning of 0.2 has Luxu overseeing the end of BBS, but how is that possible - does that mean there are two No Names?

... Could the box be a
time machine
?

Top Bottom