• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue |OT| May our hearts be our guiding key

I feel like they're getting LP faster, and the changes they made to the minigames make those a little more tolerable to do in rapid succession.
I think Water Barrel's more of a pain in the ass to play now because of the pinball setup, but there was no way around that, given how touch screen intensive the 3DS version was. The reworked goggles game is actually pretty great, though.

Managed to finally clear out the Special Portals and get the PS4 trophies for them (and got the End of Pain keyblade; apt name considering how tedious the task is). This might actually end up being my first KH plat, lol. Good thing there's no difficulty trophy this time around. I guess even the team realized how poorly balanced Critical Mode is in DDD.

Is 1.5+2.5 going to have a shared trophy list with PS3

I really don't want to replay Kingdom Hearts and Chain of Memories three times

I vaguely recall them saying that they were going to be adjusting the trophy list for some of the games to tone things down a bit (Probably KH1FM and Re:CoM, in all honesty), so... probably not?

HeelPower

tumblr_o4o4obN0731snri7qo2_540.gif

Just beat super phantom Aqua. Holy shit that was intense.

Great fight, but I hope there will be more creative with human bosses in KH3.

The boss was fantastic, but it was very VERY reminiscent of Larxene.

KH2 had like 15 human bosses(including Terra and Sephiroth) and each one felt very unique and different in style.

I feel I'm still shaking lol. Not a single boss in DS3 gave me as much trouble haha.

Come on devs, give me KH2 Sora playable(with all drive forms) in the next update.

They really nailed this thing as a monster/boss in the game.

It's true that final phase phase can be infuriating, but the uniqueness of this boss is undeniable.

Regular devil's tower is alright, but the final boss is great.

Its amazing!!

Flashy fun bosses can happen without being unplayable,wonky mess!!!

Who knew it was possible,Tabata!!!

I think they've still got a ways to go regarding those Devil's Tower/Tide bosses. There's still quite a few fundamental design issues I have with them as a whole, even after they slightly balanced them (At least the Tower, anyway)

They're visually stunning though, yeah.

HeelPower

Are there any kingdom hearts centric Twitters that we can tweet as far as criticism?

I just really hope they fix they movement/navigation for KH3. From the trailers, Sora runs like hyena Aqua, waaay too fast.

That maybe difficult to do.

If enemy movement/attack speed is balanced around that movement speed ,then its already likely set in stone.

Hey now this is how it gets started don't do it cuz he/she did it.

It's annoying though. If anything 0.2 gives more concerns than hopes for the boss battles in KH III. Phantom Aqua is fine but it's just a copy from a previous boss (a copy in KH, I'M SHOCKED!).

And the last boss is just horrible. The second phase doesn't even makes sense.

It's annoying though. If anything 0.2 gives more concerns than hopes for the boss battles in KH III. Phantom Aqua is fine but it's just a copy from a previous boss (a copy in KH, I'M SHOCKED!).

Yea it's annoying I agree comparisons are going to happen tho Nd lil shots will be thrown let it fly why drag yaself into it ya know? Have fun with both games.

Anyway I thought the phantom Aqua was great (although yes felt a bit like larxene) however the final boss can die in a ditch. Idk what was going on there especially the final phase. Seen many ppl feel the same, however still not worried about kh3 tai has got this

Just to confirm what the OP says, the base PS4 model of DDD is also 60fps? That's nice. How well does 0.2 run on PS4 Pro? I wonder if it will have 60fps or the variable framerate. It makes me kind of want a Pro, but I dunno.. Already getting a Switch soon, so probably should just wait lol

I'm still not sure what I'm doing on the second phase of the final boss lol. I was on Proud mode and feel like I just got lucky when I beat it. It looks really cool and very flashy, but I wouldn't say it was very fun to fight.

Yea it's annoying I agree comparisons are going to happen tho Nd lil shots will be thrown let it fly why drag yaself into it ya know? Have fun with both games.

Anyway I thought the phantom Aqua was great (although yes felt a bit like larxene) however the final boss can die in a ditch. Idk what was going on there especially the final phase. Seen many ppl feel the same, however still not worried about kh3 tai has got this

You're right. Thankfully the villains in KH III will be humanoids since
it's a new Organization XIII and stuff
Which will give us amazing boss fights for sure.

But against big enemies? I'm really worried after 0.2.

Just to confirm what the OP says, the base PS4 model of DDD is also 60fps? That's nice. How well does 0.2 run on PS4 Pro? I wonder if it will have 60fps or the variable framerate. It makes me kind of want a Pro, but I dunno.. Already getting a Switch soon, so probably should just wait lol

Yes, the base version is also 60 fps (I mean it's a 3ds game). 0.2 runs with unlocked framerate, in some boss fights (like the last one) it's feels like a 60fps game, it's pretty awesome. But I don't think you should get a PRO just because of 0.2, wait for KH III.

You're right. Thankfully the villains in KH III will be humanoids since
it's a new Organization XIII and stuff
Which will give us amazing boss fights for sure.

But against big enemies? I'm really worried after 0.2.
Well 3 has flowmotion right? That could make things a bit better. Like Titan we saw him using flow motion to reach the top of stuff like that is in than maybe it'll be fine.

Ydelnae

The fanfiction level writing, the putrid direction of cutscenes, the ability system based on spirits, the cupboard maps made more apparent with how flowmotion works, the world selection (every world will be new! But two of them are reused assets from past games, one of them is actually an old word but shhh and the other two are two Mickey worlds)...

That, joined by how many mental gymnastics you have to do to make the story in this title make sense and fit the rest of the saga. This will be my third and last DDD playthrough. The only redeeming qualities this game has are Riku's development, some of the last bosses which are pretty cool and the TWEWY tracks.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I'm not used to KH in 60 FPS. It feels "off" for some reason.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
How is it bad ?

It was pretty good and straight forward. It reminded me of that flying Colossi in SoTC.

LORDU TAI YASUE DESERVES WORSHIP TOO!

tumblr_inline_ngsow1W1Zw1s5nqde.gif

Dat tai yasue osaka team goodness :D

Pro has variable FPS. Spends most of its time around 45 to 50 fps.

Yes, the base version is also 60 fps (I mean it's a 3ds game). 0.2 runs with unlocked framerate, in some boss fights (like the last one) it's feels like a 60fps game, it's pretty awesome. But I don't think you should get a PRO just because of 0.2, wait for KH III.

Yeah I would probably wait until closer to KH3 before getting a pro. And I can't imagine that will be anytime soon. :( I do hope they continue to work on the character models, though. Some of them look really weird to me.
Sora looks great, but Terra and Yen Sid look... SO odd. like very plastic-y.

Yeah I would probably wait until closer to KH3 before getting a pro. And I can't imagine that will be anytime soon. :( I do hope they continue to work on the character models, though. Some of them look really weird to me.
Sora looks great, but Terra and Yen Sid look... SO odd. like very plastic-y.

Yen Sid is by far the worse model in the game IMO. It looks really off, but I find Terra fine now since the improvements.

Slater

Banned
Bad cutscene direction and writing has hampered a ton of KH games, I'm glad fragmentary passage and Back Cover are for the most part better, but maaannnnn does it make how trash DDD is stand out

It doesn't help that Sora had been flanderized so heavily into a completely naive idiot, nomura has that problem in general when he works with a character for to long, they become a parody like what he did to Cloud.

Listonosh

Finally got around to playing this and finished 0.2. But like some others, I had some CRAZY stuttering issues in almost all of the cutscenes. I have a digital copy of the game, which makes no sense to me why that would happen. Was there a fix for this that someone found?

Berordn

The Pinocchio world. I do not consider it entirely new since Riku's side is literally Monstro from KH1.

It's completely redone, and Sora's side of the world is gigantic.

Not necessarily disagreeing but it seems like a weird point to make since we basically got two worlds instead of one with that one.

With the talk of 1.5+2.5 trophy adjustments, I am guessing this does not mean good things for my hope of saves carrying forward, FFX HD style.

Inuhanyou

Bad cutscene direction and writing has hampered a ton of KH games, I'm glad fragmentary passage and Back Cover are for the most part better, but maaannnnn does it make how trash DDD is stand out

It doesn't help that Sora had been flanderized so heavily into a completely naive idiot, nomura has that problem in general when he works with a character for to long, they become a parody like what he did to Cloud.

Cloud is not a parody of himself though. Also, your referring to Nojima writing, not Nomura.

Ydelnae

It's completely redone, and Sora's side of the world is gigantic.

Not necessarily disagreeing but it seems like a weird point to make since we basically got two worlds instead of one with that one.

I confess, I really dislike the Pinocchio movie and I really loathe Monstro in KH1. Making this movie be the only returning one form past games infuriated me lol

I confess, I really dislike the Pinocchio movie and I really loathe Monstro in KH1. Making this movie be the only returning one form past games infuriated me lol
DDDs my third favorite and the worlds picked are really lame imo.

I didn't know what flowmotion was until I played DDD again. It's pretty cool and I wouldn't mind it in KH3.

BTW we can see flowmotion in KH3 gameplay trailer around 0:59 and 1:49

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKo4BgDnlfQ
Flowmotion is going to be so good in 3 I can feel it

Don't care about shotlocks returning tho

Berordn

I don't mind Traverse Town since it's almost completely new, but I agree that they picked made some really weird choices even though I generally like playing around in the actual worlds.

I will defend Symphony of Sorcery to the death, though.

Wezzulus

Neo Member
Cloud is not a parody of himself though. Also, your referring to Nojima writing, not Nomura.

How is Cloud not a parody in Advent Children? Every bit of character development in VII was chucked in the bin for the brooding emo Cloud in AC.

Please Nomura, keep that compilation shit out of the Remake.

I'm playing through Dream Drop Distance for the first time with this collection and just got to the Three Musketeers world. That is up there with the Chicken Little summon as something that is just a really really bizarre choice for Disney representation.

Disgusting, what are your other 2?
Kh2Fm,Bbsfm,DDD. These are confirmed the top 3. The future..Has already been written

I'm playing through Dream Drop Distance for the first time with this collection and just got to the Three Musketeers world. That is up there with the Chicken Little summon as something that is just a really really bizarre choice for Disney representation.
The Tron world was such a downgrade from the previous in an attempt to show off that God awful movie, traverse town is saved by Neku and co, 3 musketeers..Bah, hunchback of Notre Dame why is that in,

Inuhanyou

How is Cloud not a parody in Advent Children? Every bit of character development in VII was chucked in the bin for the brooding emo Cloud in AC.

That's kind of what happens when you have clinical depression, you turn despondent. If we go to Crisis Core, he's a perfectly normal but slightly unconfident human being.

Furthermore, its not a parody of anything because Cloud was never in a depression in the original game, he's not parodying any behavior then, to begin with, we can barely parse original Cloud's mindset because he was so busy acting like other people for a majority of he game.

In KH, he's a different interpretation of the character entirely like everyone else, except this cloud is battling his dark side who is supposed to be represented as Sephiroth, hence why Nomura felt it appropriate to give him Vincents oufit.

Even dissidia(daisuke watanabe) is essentially a Cloud that has essentially suffered 12 ground hog days of a huge war and has become unfeeling outside of Tifa.

As for wanting compilation to stay out of FF7R, that's not going to happen. Its apart of the FF7 lore.

I watched AC recently and I'm still not really sure what people are talking about. Cloud is depressed because of the Geostigma affecting him and others. He defeated Sephiroth, but the last stain of him isn't something he can do anything about, because it's a disease, not a person. I don't really see how that means his entire character development in FF7 was thrown out.

Top Bottom