• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue |OT| May our hearts be our guiding key

All of the "You need to pass tests for the Mark of Mastery" is dumb.

Sora literally was cutting whole buildings in half, defeating all of the Organization XIII, the heartless, Nobodies, etc etc. SPOILER DDD
But NOPE, he can't be a master.
While aqua just had to fight some boring light orbs lol SUCH STRENGTH
They've always made it a point to highlight that the exam is less about physical strength & feats and more about will and strength of heart. Terra couldn't keep his shit in check and got hijacked by Xehanort. Sora was too vulnerable, fell into a trap
and damn near got hijacked too, before Riku, Mickey and Lea bailed his as put.

Eraqus even says Terra physically qualifies, but his darkness is what fails him. And honestly, I probably wouldn't entrust sensitive keyblade knowledge to a dumbass like Terra anyway.

Razmos

Back Cover was great. Shame it ended so suddenly.

Really unsure if the Master of Masters really is a villain or not, and Luxu sure sounds like Ven.

All I know is fuck the continued use of Black Coats for mysterious characters lol

All of the "You need to pass tests for the Mark of Mastery" is dumb.

Sora literally was cutting whole buildings in half, defeating all of the Organization XIII, the heartless, Nobodies, etc etc. SPOILER DDD
But NOPE, he can't be a master.
While aqua just had to fight some boring light orbs lol SUCH STRENGTH

I thought it was stated in 0.2 that Sora's test
failure was due to his inability to master the power of waking, stating that it's a skill that will be needed in the coming times- not because his power levels weren't DBZ enough.
I assume this can be compared/contrasted to Terra/Aqua in that even though Terra at that point is stronger (at least per game mechanics, ignoring ludonarrative something something) he
wasn't able to overcome his inner darkness, which was more important than the actual defeat of the
light orbs.

They've always made it a point to highlight that the exam is less about physical strength & feats and more about will and strength of heart. Terra couldn't keep his shit in check and got hijacked by Xehanort. Sora was too vulnerable, fell into a trap

Eraqus even says Terra physically qualifies, but his darkness is what fails him. And honestly, I probably wouldn't entrust sensitive keyblade knowledge to a dumbass like Terra anyway.

I still think Sora doesn't need this. He for sure resisted darkness before after all of the shit he wen through in the previous games.

Riku makes sense though.

Slater

Banned

I wouldn't trust a dumbass like Eraqus to make that decision, stupid fuck was sitting next to Xehanort when he sabotaged Terra's test and somehow didn't notice it.

Some master.

I wouldn't trust a dumbass like Eraqus to make that decision, stupid fuck was sitting next to Xehanort when he sabotaged Terra's test and somehow didn't notice it.

Some master.
Wanna talk about kh story shenanigans with DDD where was eraqus ass why was he still resting on their home world like nothing was happening.

Slater

Banned
Wanna talk about kh story shenanigans with DDD where was eraqus ass why was he still resting on their home world like nothing was happening.
BBS is a story that relies on characters fucking up and making dumb decisions. The difference with it from other KH games is most of them happen because of very intentional character flaws. Terra and Eraqus being the obvious big ones. Eraqus deserves more blame then anyone TBH

DDD is just nonsensical and convulted for stupid reasons that create gaping plot holes.

Some master.
He was aware. He even tells them right after that he let it happen since it was a decent lesson in preparing for the unexpected.

Of course, he's still dumb for inviting his ass in the first place, but yeah.

Slater

Banned
He was aware. He even tells them right after that he let it happen since it was a decent lesson in preparing for the unexpected.

Of course, he's still dumb for inviting his ass in the first place, but yeah.
He wasn't aware Xehanort did it, I just rewatched the scene. The fact that he doesn't know just shows how stupid he is

LAA

Does anyone know for sure whether you need to beat 3D on proud/critical for platinum?
One thing I just read was about the EXP ZERO Ability for the ability ace trophy for example, and that only unlocks on proud.
Fearing I'll have to start again on proud now. Not that I'm too far on standard right now, but annoying.

JTripper

Any tips on the vine rail challenge? I keep getting hit on the final part where their are two Darksiders back to back and second one ALWAYS gets me. Do I have to time the first jump early so that I land on the empty space between where the two Darksiders hit?

LAA

Any tips on the vine rail challenge? I keep getting hit on the final part where their are two Darksiders back to back and second one ALWAYS gets me. Do I have to time the first jump early so that I land on the empty space between where the two Darksiders hit?

I can help you for that. Have to jump and air slide (press square), and you'll make it over them.

JTripper

I can help you for that. Have to jump and air slide (press square), and you'll make it over them.

Lmao how did I not think of air sliding! I thought maybe since I couldn't double jump I wouldn't be able to use any basic skills during the sequence. Thanks!

Playing through DDD finally.

This game is finally enjoyable for me. Not a big fan of 3DS games (only had the original 3DS) so the controls and the bad framerate kept me from playing it more than once. Now I'm having a blast with it. 60FPS Kingdom Hearts is an experience.

oh yeah 1.5+2.5 box has been shown off now

91Bz-2hSrEL._SL1500_.jpg

no big surprise, nomura said he wasn't gonna do new art

oh yeah 1.5+2.5 box has been shown off now

no big surprise, nomura said he wasn't gonna do new art

It's unfortunate that Nomura didn't make new art for this package.

As we get closer to it's release I continue to wonder if it'll go up digitally. It feels like a done deal but who knows.

desmax

Is Back Cover running in real time on PS4?
Because boy, it looks gorgeous. I'd be totally happy if KH III looked just as good.

Oh well, I'll try 0.2 later, that should answer my question

Slater

Banned
I like 0.2 but I hate how much it's ending undercuts Blank Points, Aqua's emotional reaction in it doesn't make sense anymore.

It amazes me they would go so far outta there way to explain why Mickey doesn't have a shirt and yet actively sabotage there own character continuity like that, it's so baffling.

I like 0.2 but I hate how much it's ending undercuts Blank Points, Aqua's emotional reaction in it doesn't make sense anymore.

It amazes me they would go so far outta there way to explain why Mickey doesn't have a shirt and yet actively sabotage there own charcater continuity like that, it's so baffling.
This confuses me...Why start crying when you hear soras name. You already knew he was out there fighting, you already knew Terra and vens fate's I guess 0.2 just retcons blank points

Slater

Banned
This confuses me...Why start crying when you hear soras name. You already knew he was out there fighting, you already knew Terra and vens fate's I guess 0.2 just retcons blank points
It's so dumb, Blank Points was amazing and now it just makes Aqua look weird. Like honey why are you crying you already know this, you found out at most a year ago and given how the realm your in works it was probably wayyyy less then that

Lnds500

It amazes me they would go so far outta there way to explain why Mickey doesn't have a shirt and yet actively sabotage there own character continuity like that, it's so baffling.

It's so dumb, Blank Points was amazing and now it just makes Aqua look weird. Like honey why are you crying you already know this, you found out at most a year ago and given how the realm your in works it was probably wayyyy less then that

It's been confirmed though that the realm of darkness affects her memories. And we don't know when exactly she meets DiZ.

They could have paid more attention to the details though.

Lnds500

?? She's walking towards him at the end

So? The opening scene is probably hundreds, if not thousands years in the past. Same with the ending scene, they didn't specify "yeah, that happens right after the game" and we know that it didn't happen immediately cause it's some time near the end of KH2 or after that.

She meets DiZ after KH II.

I know dude, but that's a bit vague, that's my point.

So? The opening scene is probably hundreds, if not thousands years in the past. Same with the ending scene, they didn't specify "yeah, that happens right after the game" and we know that it didn't happen immediately cause it's some time near the end of KH2 or after that.

I know dude, but that's a bit vague, that's my point.
And we also know time is wonky in the ROD she could've walked along the shore and boom a year went by

Slater

Banned
And we also know time is wonky in the ROD she could've walked along the shore and boom a year went by

Literally everything we have ever seen about the ROD suggests time moves faster there at most it would have been a year till she met him, and from her perspective much less then that.

More importantly..My lore is rusty but uh now knowing aqua was with Mickey..And learning from her what happened to Terra and Ven..Did Mickey just forget all this up until coded? Or was it put on the backburner by him and yen Sid Because there was nothing they could do

Where was it said that the 1.5 + 2.5 collection would have altered trophies?

Nomura said it in an interview earlier this month.

—What about trophies?

Nomura: There will be changes. We are currently tweaking the hurdles to be a little lower. That's not to say that the games will be exactly the same aside from trophies; we're making fine changes.

http://www.khinsider.com/news/Famitsu-showcases-Kingdom-Hearts-HD-2-8-Nomura-interview-released-8108

Berordn

We know for a fact Nomura and his writers forget basic continuity

https://youtu.be/XSaMxOUh_iw?t=6

https://youtu.be/MpR1sUS_e94?t=423

"Oh sup man that had me brutally murdered, no hard feelings tho, I'm not gonna mention it at all in fact LOL"

That one's pretty easily explained, he was just following orders from Xemnas to further his own ends.

Now that they're all human again, which is what the reformed all wanted in the first place, no harm no foul.

More importantly..My lore is rusty but uh now knowing aqua was with Mickey..And learning from her what happened to Terra and Ven..Did Mickey just forget all this up until coded? Or was it put on the backburner by him and yen Sid Because there was nothing they could do

This is actually *0.2 spoiler*
mentioned at the epilogue, Yen Sid didn't allow Mickey to tell anything to the others since they couldn't do a thing about it.

Zaverious

Everything in the past was irrelevant to Sora until they found out Xehanort's true plan in DDD.

^ that too

Slater

Banned
That one's pretty easily explained, he was just following orders from Xemnas to further his own ends.

Now that they're all human again, which is what the reformed all wanted in the first place, no harm no foul.

Without even a mention? At all? Ahuh man sure, sure.

LOL

Lnds500

"Could"

Yeah, but it's kinda irrelevant. Nomura simply ignored Blank Points, just like that. Not the first time, KH DDD changed things from KH I, anything is possible.

KH has been retconning things ever since CoM.

I just watched Blank Points again. I don't see how 0.2 damages the impact Blank Points has, if anything, I think it fits better now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xASnTmdSoaY

Aqua doesn't really say "Oh, Sora, I wonder who that is...". She just says his name out loud and to be more precise, she says more in a way in which she sounds like she remembered it or something.

This is actually *0.2 spoiler*
mentioned at the epilogue, Yen Sid didn't allow Mickey to tell anything to the others since they couldn't do a thing about it.
Yea I remember that but I would think at this point they would have a way into the realm at least to get her out. Plus Riku has been dealing with that stuff for so long I have to imagine him and Mickey could have gotten her out before hand

Berordn

Without even a mention? At all? Ahuh man sure, sure.

LOL

What's to mention? Sorry I killed you that one time even though it eventually led into your Rebirth?

DDD's got bigger plotholes to fry than dealing with OrgXIII's personal feelings on one another.

Slater

Banned
"Could"

I just watched Blank Points again. I don't see how 0.2 damages the impact Blank Points has, if anything, I think it fits better now.

Aqua doesn't really say "Oh, Sora, I wonder who that is...". She just says his name out loud and to be more precise, she says more in a way in which she sounds like she remembered it or something.

Her thinking it could possibly be Terra or Ven is a huge plot hole now that makes no sense. Her crying makes no sense either given that she already learned this and had an extremely subdued reaction the first time.

Its shitty forgetful writing, simple.

"Could"

Well, the scene was about her remember someone anyway, that's why she cried.
But instead of she remembering about the little boy who she met at destiny island she just remember what Mickey said to her a while ago

Yea I remember that but I would think at this point they would have a way into the realm at least to get her out. Plus Riku has been dealing with that stuff for so long I have to imagine him and Mickey could have gotten her out before hand

The problem is, it's hard to find a good explanation for any of that since Nomura is creating those things now, not something he was already planning before.

But instead of she remembering about the little boy who she met at destiny island she just remember what Mickey said to her a while ago

The problem is, it's hard to find a good explanation for any of that since Nomura is creating those things now, not something he was already planning before.
Yea fair enough still all in either way love the story personally.

Feel like the mark of mastery exam will be way better in 3 than what yen Sid purposed. I can imagine it now

Lnds500

It didn't seem like she was crying because she remembered but because DiZ gave her hope that the boy that Mickey mentioned and she met all those years before is alive and well and protecting the worlds from darkness. There is also hope that he will be looking for a way to get them out of there and restore order, hence the tears IMO.

About Terra and Ven. We don't know how much time passed from the ending of 0.2 until Blank Points. It's at least a year in real time. She doesn't know what is happening it makes sense that her first thought when she hears "a boy with a key" would be Ven or Terra since they both fit that description.

Top Bottom