• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue |OT| May our hearts be our guiding key

Slater

Banned
It didn't seem like she was crying because she remembered but because DiZ gave her hope that the boy that Mickey mentioned and she met all those years before is alive and well and protecting the worlds from darkness. There is also hope that he will be looking for a way to get them out of there and restore order, hence the tears IMO.

About Terra and Ven. We don't know how much time passed from the ending of 0.2 until Blank Points. It's at least a year in real time. She doesn't know what is happening it makes sense that her first thought when she hears "a boy with a key" would be Ven or Terra since they both fit that description.

Not when she personally knows that last she saw them they were both incapacitated and Mickey told her that Sora was active. The fact that he isn't the first thing she thinks of does not make sense now. The fact that she asks about the worlds being in danger doesn't make sense now.

It's like people jumping through hoops trying to explain why possessed Ven had blue eyes till the patch in the opening, or Donald and Goofy acting like they don't know who the fuck Yen Sid is in 2. Or Namine somehow being the one to tell Terra about Aqua when there is no timeline where that makes sense.

No there isn't a justification, KH just fucks up its continuity all the fucking time.

91Bz-2hSrEL._SL1500_.jpg
So I was looking at the 1.5 + 2.5 cover again and... Xion lost a hand.

btkadams

Am I going to confuse myself if I play 0.2 without having played through the original birth by sleep? It's the only thing that I haven't played outside of this package.

Luigi87

Stopped 0.2 for now, will resume later. Having a lot of fun and it really makes me optimistic for KH3.

Of course only now do I see a "No Continues/Retries" trophy, after intentionally failing a boss fight to expedite getting an objective, lol

Also realized I'm now bummed the OT isn't "Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue |OT| Aqua 0.2: The Dark World"

saad1

Banned
Wow what an amazing production: (makes more comfortable waiting for KH3 than before lol.)
things i liked:
- KH2FM gameplay lol. (i never thought they would capture the feeling, coming from DDD&BBS)
- great visuals and level design. (surprised actually)
- Shirtless mickey. (i laughed when i read that nomura ordered it personally lol)
- The movie was great. i wanted to watch only 5 min of it and go to sleep, couldn't resist. ( i must say it felt a little episodic more than a movie).

the only thing that sadden me with this production story-wise: *i'll put it in spoiler*

Aqua being saved by riku, i really felt sora is more appropriate.

Osaka team are surely an amazing team. From abandoned team --> team consists of 50 developing BBS --> making this kind of production.
Very happy for them.

Osaka team are surely an amazing team. From abandoned team --> team consists of 50 developing BBS --> making this kind of production.
Very happy for them.

Yeah, they came a long way from falling off the face of the earth after they screwed up the Brave Fencer sequel.

I'd love to see them do something else once KHIII wraps up. I think the Einhander producer is even still a part of the studio.

Am I going to confuse myself if I play 0.2 without having played through the original birth by sleep? It's the only thing that I haven't played outside of this package.

It's not too bad. In the menu for 0.2 they have a story synopsis of Birth by Sleep so you can catch yourself up.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
So is Hayden Panettirere no longer the voice of Kairi or was she not available for the few lines she spoke and will reappear for KHIII?

silva1991

Wow what an amazing production: (makes more comfortable waiting for KH3 than before lol.)
things i liked:
- KH2FM gameplay lol. (i never thought they would capture the feeling, coming from DDD&BBS)
- great visuals and level design. (surprised actually)
- Shirtless mickey. (i laughed when i read that nomura ordered it personally lol)
- The movie was great. i wanted to watch only 5 min of it and go to sleep, couldn't resist. ( i must say it felt a little episodic more than a movie).

the only thing that sadden me with this production story-wise: *i'll put it in spoiler*

Aqua being saved by riku, i really felt sora is more appropriate.

Very happy for them.

Well,
she is still in the dark world, so there is still chance that Sora will help her later.

Besides, we can see Sora's hand reaching her in the opening cinematic

He was also holding her keyblade at the beach in the E3 trailer.

peronmls

things i liked:

Very happy for them.

This feels literally like BBS. It has the "mechanics" of KH2 but definitely not the feel. Its way to stiff. Animations are not fluid. Animations are just too quick in Osaka games besides days and coded.

So is Hayden Panettirere no longer the voice of Kairi or was she not available for the few lines she spoke and will reappear for KHIII?

She comes and goes. The most recent was that she voiced Xion in Dream Drop Distance (2012) and before that Birth by Sleep (2010), but Alyson Stoner does it for other games (Re:CoM (2009), 358/2 Days (2013), 0.2).

It's actually impossible to predict what they will do for KH3. Since it's a bigger production with Disney stepping in to help out this time, they might work out a schedule for Hayden to come in between filming Nashville. They might just forgo that and have Alyson come in and do it. Or they could finally have Hayden voice Kairi and Alyson voice Xion.

silva1991

This feels literally like BBS. It has the "mechanics" of KH2 but definitely not the feel. Its way to stiff. Animations are not fluid. Animations are just too quick in Osaka games besides days and coded.

I agree. It's just Sora(KH2) as a whole is way soother than Aqua in both general movement and combat

I will be a sad panda if they forever replace final form's glorious and God made gilde with Aqua's shitty air dash(or DDD Siora air dash) in KH3.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
She comes and goes. The most recent was that she voiced Xion in Dream Drop Distance (2012) and before that Birth by Sleep (2010), but Alyson Stoner does it for other games (Re:CoM (2009), 358/2 Days (2013), 0.2).

It's actually impossible to predict what they will do for KH3. Since it's a bigger production with Disney stepping in to help out this time, they might work out a schedule for Hayden to come in between filming Nashville. They might just forgo that and have Alyson come in and do it. Or they could finally have Hayden voice Kairi and Alyson voice Xion.

Huh, and Xion had even less lines in Dream Drop than Kairi did here.

Yeah it's possible that with a much bigger budget, she'll be back for III.

I agree. It's just Sora(KH2) as a whole is way soother than Aqua in both general movement and combat

I will be a sad panda if they forever replace final form's glorious and God made gilde with Aqua's shitty air dash(or DDD Siora air dash) in KH3.

He's already been shown to have Air Slide in KHIII. Doubleflight too actualy, which is disappointing considering the horizantal momentum gained from KHII's Aerial Dodge (and being able to transfer said momentum into a glide) was its best utility.

I'm sure KHIII is going to be a decent game even if he isn't 1:1 with how his KHII incarnation controls, but it would be disappointing, since his movement capabilities were nailed in II.

Starting to play DDD, can I....just skip all this pet stuff?
If you don't want abilities or the platinum, sure.

Sora gets glide and super glide in DDD and the latter is much faster than flowmotion.

Again, Glide and Superglide are in DDD and the latter is much faster than dashing or using flowmotion.
In all fairness, DDD has Superglide locked behind a spirit that's a pain in the ass to create, so I could understand why people aren't aware of it. But yeah, DDD's supergilde was fine.

In all fairness, DDD has Superglide locked behind a spirit that's a pain in the ass to create, so I could understand why people aren't aware of it. But yeah, DDD's supergilde was fine.

You just have to create a Ryu Dragon and spend 10 link points, but yeah it is a bit of a bitch to get. But it will be in KH3.

In BBS, only Ventus got Glide so it makes sense that Aqua, who didn't get it, wouldn't have it in 0.2. Meanwhile Sora always gets a glide so I would be legit shocked if they don't put it in.

So Aqua was with Mickey at the end of KH1. Damn.

Other than dodge roll/cartwheel feeling way more vulnerable than it ever has in the series, the gameplay of 0.2 was pretty much exactly what I always envisioned from KH3.

Just for the love of God, take your time, Square. Don't need another FFXV.

After playing a bit of DDD HD I'm a bit more relived. the movement speed is way better and overall way smoother than 0.2. I can actually turn 360 degrees.

Hoping 0.2 was done by like 15 people and the kinks will get worked out.

fall 2017-spring 2018 #believe.

silva1991

He's already been shown to have Air Slide in KHIII. Doubleflight too actualy, which is disappointing considering the horizantal momentum gained from KHII's Aerial Dodge (and being able to transfer said momentum into a glide) was its best utility.

I'm sure KHIII is going to be a decent game even if he isn't 1:1 with how his KHII incarnation controls, but it would be disappointing, since his movement capabilities were nailed in II.

:/ Aerial dodge followed by glide is seriously one of the most satisfying things in the series.

it felt so good

300px-Aerial_Dodge_KHII.gif

If you don't want abilities or the platinum, sure.

Sora gets glide and super glide in DDD and the latter is much faster than flowmotion.

How does it feel? I bet it feels like glide from KH1.

Boogiepop

Just beat 0.2, and I enjoyed it enough for what it is, but of course it's pretty much just a glorified and fancied up demo. Still, I liked what I saw and enjoyed the brief time it took to run its course, though not really much of note happened there, huh? Just to confirm, there's no hidden bonus cutscene ala most of the proper fleshed out games, is there?

Also, man, the movie made me kind of want to check vaguely on the phone game, but that was pure gacha evil leading me to quit when I messed with it for the first few months or whatever. Seems like the movie kind of acted as more of a weird tie-in thing to flesh out the Foretellers more than anything else, but it certainly doesn't seem to replace getting the actual plot of the game proper. (Which is again frustrating because the actual game is just so, so much filler and grinding and nudges to try to get you to throw money into the gacha machine).

Edit: Still kind of sad to see all the command deck stuff missing though. I'm assuming that's definitely out for III as well?

NullKaze

Eh his KH3 doubleflight is a hybrid between Aqua's laggy jump and Aerial Dodge.

It definitely has the speed of aerial dodge, but it has the vertical gain of double flight. I have a feeling KH3 will use Sora's air side (which is also much faster than Aqua's) as the method of gaining horizontal distance.

I wouldn't be surprised if tapping square in the air caused Air Slide and holding square let you Glide, much like Dodge Roll vs Quick Run.

Edit: Still kind of sad to see all the command deck stuff missing though. I'm assuming that's definitely out for III as well?
I think Commands will appear in KH3 much like how ~ja spells appear in 0.2. By performing certain actions, you'll be allowed to perform Commands like Raging Storm, Quake, Glacier, etc.

raven777

I think a lot of Aqua's movement problem is because they just ported her straight from bbs with very tiny adjustments..
They should base Sora's movement/combos based off KH2 and work on it..

peronmls

Can we let Osaka know to let us move during Arial Recover!

Aerial_Recovery_KHII.gif

We can glide on the ground when using magic in 0.2 but not during arial recovery?

Has Osaka ever played KH2?

saad1

Banned
Yeah, they came a long way from falling off the face of the earth after they screwed up the Brave Fencer sequel.

I'd love to see them do something else once KHIII wraps up. I think the Einhander producer is even still a part of the studio.

Nomura is already planning toward new saga of KH. He hinted in 2015 about secret ending for KH3. and with
MoM not appearing in KH3
. i think it's given they are strict KH team lol.

Well,
she is still in the dark world, so there is still chance that Sora will help her later.

Besides, we can see Sora's hand reaching her in the opening cinematic

He was also holding her keyblade at the beach in the E3 trailer.

I really hope so. certainly every
re:connected ending. & her intention of inheriting the keyblade to sora felt like it. however, KH2.8 felt otherwise
. ( i think maybe they wanted by that to change the narrative flow from: a story portion in the beginning --> filler --> story portion in the end)

Osaka team didn't develop Days and recoded.

For me personally, it's feels way better. (I'm addicted to it)
(KH1+KH2) & (KHDDD+KHBBS). are different from each other, but u can tell they are from the same team.
KH0.2 -> i really couldn't feel anything beside, i'm playing the sequel to KH2 so idk lol.

BBS felt heavily slow, severe input lag(i played it both on PSP and PS3), mandatory shifting to command style, crappy humanoid bosses (i beat them all), bloated with shitty handheld mini-games ( except for the monopoly one).

- glad they scrapped the deck command completely
- command style are now merely a choice.
- the gameplay is now faster more fluid ( i honestly can't complain).
-
phantom aqua also feel more like Larxene than all those in BBS.
-only wish i have remaining: the moogle synthesis mini-game to return ( My favorite in all SE games)

silva1991

Finally got around to playing this and finished 0.2. But like some others, I had some CRAZY stuttering issues in almost all of the cutscenes. I have a digital copy of the game, which makes no sense to me why that would happen. Was there a fix for this that someone found?

Only real solution is to watch the cutscenes back in the theater. For some reason, they play perfectly fine in there.

peronmls

Osaka team didn't develop Days and recoded.

For me personally, it's feels way better. (I'm addicted to it)
(KH1+KH2) & (KHDDD+KHBBS). are different from each other, but u can tell they are from the same team.
KH0.2 -> i really couldn't feel anything beside, i'm playing the sequel to KH2 so idk lol.

I know that's why I said "besides". It's weird how the DS games had the feel of 2 (for what it was) and others not. Makes me wonder if it was partially using the same engine.

Well if you are going to say the 2 pairs are different for a reason or on purpose then I would really like to see the series handed off to another dev at Square if they are going to just toy with the series.

doesn't look as fluid as kh2 but I guess that's due to how small kh3d is. not much room to turn without activating flowmotion.

I don't think you can activate flowmotion while gliding. This is actually one of my pet peeves with FM, not with the glide but with commands. I dodge to evade an attack so I can heal, but wind up activating flowmotion against a wall and I die or I have to get far away and land just to be able to heal..

Top Bottom