• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue |OT| May our hearts be our guiding key

It's really getting irritating that every person sports the mystery cloak. I loved the design of the cloaks when it was introduced for Organization XIII because it added to the mystery and allure. But every time a character identity is to remain a secret, they show up in the same freaking cloak. It's honestly getting old and I cannot believe Nomura cannot add new designs for it.

NullKaze

It's really getting irritating that every person sports the mystery cloak. I loved the design of the cloaks when it was introduced for Organization XIII because it added to the mystery and allure. But every time a character identity is to remain a secret, they show up in the same freaking cloak. It's honestly getting old and I cannot believe Nomura cannot add new designs for it.
I mean, he literally just introduced 5 new characters with unknown identities, each with a different design albeit similar themes...

peronmls

I had a really hard time avoiding those attacks even after the patch. There some trick to it?
Just watch the color while attacking. When you see it just do the clunky air dash away from it. Let it move around. It will punch at you 3 times normally.

Joqu

Just watch the color while attacking. When you see it just do the clunky air dash away from it. Let it move around. It will punch at you 3 times normally.

Thanks, I'll try to remember that. It's not like I had trouble beating it mind you, but I really want to master these bosses upon replay. I didn't do well and it felt clunky.

NullKaze

Nah I'm talking about shit like the water and fire heartless.
Fire Cores are fairly obvious. The problem with them is their ranged attack can track you for ages so if there are a group of them, or even just a gang of Heartless and one Fire Core, you're likely to get destroyed by their ranged fire missiles. Best thing to do is either freeze them, or trigger a Blizzaja ASAP which usually comes close to one-shotting them.

Water Cores seem fairly predictable. They usually flow before they're about to attack you, or you'll see a blue spot beneath you on the ground if they're surging up to you. When they have the orb, they'll teleport and counter you with a charge if you perform a normal attack. Fire evaporates the bubble (literally - you can see the steam coming from them!) and Firaja destroys them.

When they have the orb, they'll teleport and counter you with a charge if you perform a normal attack. Fire evaporates the bubble (literally - you can see the steam coming from them!) and Firaja destroys them.
I actually learned that from a KHIII trailer, lol.

Interestingly enough, the same trailer showed off an additional attack from them that doesn't seem to be implemented in 0.2; a raincloud that hovers over your character.

I expect transformations are tied to keyblades... I don't see them making all the variations for each keyblades.
Hopefully they get rid of stats for each keyblade than. Would be a shame to have to ditch a keyblade if it's better stat wise but I don't like it's transformation or vice versa

NullKaze

Hopefully they get rid of stats for each keyblade than. Would be a shame to have to ditch a keyblade if it's better stat wise but I don't like it's transformation or vice versa
Eh, stats are mostly garbage, especially on a Lv1 run or with Power/Magic/Guard Ups.

The more important thing is the attack string and variation of each transformation. I'm grateful that Keyblades have different Transformations as it encourages you to use different Keyblades regardless of their stats.

Meh alright I'll take it I trust tai

Eh, stats are mostly garbage, especially on a Lv1 run or with Power/Magic/Guard Ups.

The more important thing is the attack string and variation of each transformation. I'm grateful that Keyblades have different Transformations as it encourages you to use different Keyblades regardless of their stats.
Yeaaa I don't play like the Hardcore lol

I always stick with the Kingdom Key after I've 100%'d the game. Best looking one. A lot of the keyblades look like shit because of the hardware limitations of the ps2 though, almost look 2d at times(kh2 ultima weapon)

In KH2 I probably spent 20 or so hours farming synth materials to get strenght boosts. I could do round 49(cloud, tifa,squall, yuffy) of the hades cup in like 10 seconds.

LIke this guy.

Hoping that I can do the same in KH3.

Ydelnae

I'm so tired of the cloaks too, but the last straw for me was when everyone came back to life with regular outfits and then Axel came back as Lea... in his organization coat. Nomura should have featured Lea's new design in 3D because that felt cheap and lazy.

Yep. Re:Coded's did a similar thing with the Overclock system, and it's probably the best implementation of keyblades in the series.

Want a standard keyblade with good offensive nd defensive boosts? Kingdom Key or Zero-One. Want magic boosts or to attach different elements to your attacks? Lady Luck or Wishing Star. Want passive healing boosts and Auto-Life? Oathkeeper. And so on and so forth.

I'm so tired of the cloaks too, but the last straw for me was when everyone came back to life with regular outfits and then Axel came back as Lea... in his organization coat. Nomura should have featured Lea's new design in 3D because that felt cheap and lazy.
I just assumed that's what he was wearing idk lol everybody else from the organization that came back had their guard outfits on or lab coats

Tsunamo

It's a bit of a shame Re:Coded gets a bad rep for not having much to contribute to the overall plot of the series. The gameplay itself and replayability was probably one of my most favorite of the series (minus a couple of things)

It's a bit of a shame Re:Coded gets a bad rep for not having much to contribute to the overall plot of the series. The gameplay itself and replayability was probably one of my most favorite of the series (minus a couple of things)
Yeah, for real.

It iterated on Birth by Sleep's systems better than DDD, in my opinion. Even took quite a few design cues from TWEWY, which more games should do these days.

i just wonder if they are gonna keep keyblade abilities in KH3?

I always stick with the Kingdom Key after I've 100%'d the game. Best looking one. A lot of the keyblades look like shit because of the hardware limitations of the ps2 though, almost look 2d at times(kh2 ultima weapon)

In KH2 I probably spent 20 or so hours farming synth materials to get strenght boosts. I could do round 49(cloud, tifa,squall, yuffy) of the hades cup in like 10 seconds.

LIke this guy.

Hoping that I can do the same in KH3.

well in 2FM Kingdom Key is actually a surprisingly good keyblade

Damage Control is really good

silva1991

I used all of my spirit link points to get a fire windmil only to get it 20 second later in a chest

cml4Y2L.jpg

Berordn

Playing Dream Drop Distance first since I've never played it before - how hard is Proud mode? Should I just stick with normal?

Proud will give you a tougher time early on (since Sora's first few bosses are a pain in the ass without the defense abilities) but keeps the back half from being a complete bore.

Fire Cores are fairly obvious. The problem with them is their ranged attack can track you for ages so if there are a group of them, or even just a gang of Heartless and one Fire Core, you're likely to get destroyed by their ranged fire missiles. Best thing to do is either freeze them, or trigger a Blizzaja ASAP which usually comes close to one-shotting them.

Water Cores seem fairly predictable. They usually flow before they're about to attack you, or you'll see a blue spot beneath you on the ground if they're surging up to you. When they have the orb, they'll teleport and counter you with a charge if you perform a normal attack. Fire evaporates the bubble (literally - you can see the steam coming from them!) and Firaja destroys them.
I like these enemies making you have to work around the other heartless and go for them first, but if there's more than 2 it's just unbearable. You barely get a chance to attack because you have dodge or block their projectiles one after another. Their design is at its best when its a large area with one or two separate high points with all the shadows on the ground and some bats guarding them. That's fun. A small room with four of them is not.

Yep. Re:Coded's did a similar thing with the Overclock system, and it's probably the best implementation of keyblades in the series.

Want a standard keyblade with good offensive nd defensive boosts? Kingdom Key or Zero-One. Want magic boosts or to attach different elements to your attacks? Lady Luck or Wishing Star. Want passive healing boosts and Auto-Life? Oathkeeper. And so on and so forth.
I'd love to see this in KH3 and for them to maybe even get rid of armor and accessories (keep it simple, please). Making each Keyblade like an FF job is by far the best way to keep it interesting and simple at the same time.

Berordn

God I hate the disposition system

Dream eaters are the worst. Like someone barfed a rainbow

Dream Eaters are one of those things that'd be cool if it wasn't actually central to the game. If they were just some form of alternate progression and optional to traditional party members, they'd be just fine.

As they are, they're a pain to have to juggle on top of actually playing the game.

Ydelnae

3OHQIfS.gif

This is the peak of KH cutscene direction and storytelling, guys. The most important person of a Disney world dies and Riku doesn't even react, he just turns back and changes the subject. Ah, Dream Drop Distance truly is the gift that keeps on giving.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
3OHQIfS.gif

This is the peak of KH cutscene direction and storytelling, guys. The most important person of a Disney world dies and Riku doesn't even react, he just turns back and changes the subject. Ah, Dream Drop Distance truly is the gift that keeps on giving.

To be fair, riku has no connection to Tron. If it was Sora sure

Munti

3OHQIfS.gif

To be also fair, the events in the sleeping worlds are "not really happening" respectively have no consequences

The whole Tron world in DDD makes zero sense in context anyway. It can't be the same Tron for example as KH2 even doe it's implied to be. Don't think too deeply about it. I mean, the ''sleeping worlds'' thing is a blatant asspull anyway.

I'm having surprisingly good time with DDD after I got out of Traverse Town. Still not a great game but IMO it works much better on console.

The whole Tron world in DDD makes zero sense in context anyway. It can't be the same Tron for example as KH2 even doe it's implied to be. Don't think too deeply about it. I mean, the ''sleeping worlds'' thing is a blatant asspull anyway.

It's because
they aren't the same Tron. The Tron in KH2 was copied and modified by Ansem the Wise. The grid was the original "program" so to speak.

Sora can make the sleeping world Tron remember because of his memories in his heart and because the Trons are connected their hearts are the same or something like that.

It's weird because chronologically the movie doesn't plot like that.

Luigi87

Just finished 0.2

... omg I am so hyped for KH3.

Also I really liked that he final boss was
the horde of Shadows we saw in the original KH3 announcement teaser

Top Bottom