• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue |OT| May our hearts be our guiding key

RocknRola

Level 52 and I couldn't defeat
young Xehanort on standard difficulty when you have to start attacking that his timer stuff.
That's some bullshit.

Then I got second chance and finally defeated the cheating fuck.

Yeah that was a bit hit and miss for me too (Proud mode) but I spammed my Links and kinda got it done. Also had Curaga on hold until I absolutely needed it (like, less than 30% of HP only).

Cool fight tbh, liked it a lot but he does spam a bit of BS attacks during that phase.

jrush64

Banned
Yeah that was a bit hit and miss for me too (Proud mode) but I spammed my Links and kinda got it done. Also had Curaga on hold until I absolutely needed it (like, less than 30% of HP only).

Cool fight tbh, liked it a lot but he does spam a bit of BS attacks during that phase.

It was a cool fight. I just hated that part because his combos always killed me until I got second chance.

Finally finished DDD after 4 years. I have no interest in ever playing this game again. Definitely my least favorite Kingdom Hearts game.

I loved the fact that this game felt like Riku's game. He had all the big fights and best developments.

HeelPower

How many playable characters do people expect for KH3 ?

Am I the only one who really wants to play as Mickey ? I used to save at specific areas in KH2 to beat bosses as Mickey,particularly Xaldin was fun.(well you can't "beat" them but deplete their health till the last hit)

Please please let us freely play as Mickey in the last game :(

RocknRola

Make a Yoggy Ram

Spam Defend flicks

Spam Megaflare (you get one each time you successfully defend with Yoggy Ram)

Reload while Megaflare is casting

It's silly how these minigames always have a fairly broken solution to them :p The one in BbS could be abused by playing with 1 or 2 AI opponents I think. Or something along those lines, it's been a good while since I've played it.

Is there any strategies for how to be successful at Flick Rush?
IMO the new Dream Eater Beatalike is a God with Flick Rush. Took down nearly every single opponent using it (excluding the first few rounds when I didn't have him).

He has a Snout combo attack that if you get at the start of a high number chain then you deal three hits in a row dealing massive damage. Plus you regularly get a * card that you can use to defend (for those defend points) then use to attack.

I honestly don't know what I would have done without Beatalike.

raven777

Am I the only one who really wants to play as Mickey ? I used to save at specific areas in KH2 to beat bosses as Mickey,particularly Xaldin was fun.(well you can't "beat" them but deplete their health till the last hit)

I expect something similar to Mickey in KH2 but with more characters. I feel Sora will be the only main playable character, and there will be few instances where you control as other character...

I personally want many guest party memebers who have keyblade. I want to have Aqua in my part and use special attacks with her and Sora.

Byvar

I just beat
Phantom Aqua (boss rush)
in 0.2, played it on Proud. Took me a little more than 2 hours. Such a great feeling to go from not being able to hit a boss to slowly learning its patterns, getting to that last health bar at 1HP with items locked and MP charging, praying that you won't mess up in panic... and finally beating it. The last time I had that feeling was when I beat Lingering Will in KH2FM, on Critical (though I never bothered with BBS's secret boss). I'm really glad that even if the mechanics aren't perfect like KH2FM's, the new Kingdom Hearts games can still deliver that kind of experience. :D

Still need to do the Critical playthrough, but with the annoying new limitations to that mode I definitely won't do anything else than complete the story again. :p

HeelPower

I expect something similar to Mickey in KH2 but with more characters. I feel Sora will be the only main playable character, and there will be few instances where you control as other character...

I personally want many guest party memebers who have keyblade. I want to have Aqua in my part and use special attacks with her and Sora.

Yeah.

I really want more Aqua too.The character is simply one of the loveliest in SE's modern line up of games. Such a great character!

Slater

Banned
I like how after the "Recusant's Sigil" nonsense Sora's outfit in KH3 doesn't have a single X symbol on it. A disgusting attention to detail.
Now if only he could explain how time travel somehow requires giving up you body but Young Xehanort still has his regular one, while in the future....sigh.

It's like every time he tries to shore up the continuity he fucks up and adds another hole alongside it. For whatever comes after 3 he should just get a continuity editor cause he's shown he just can't keep it straight himself

Now if only he could explain how time travel somehow requires giving up you body but Young Xehanort still has his regular one, while in the future....sigh.

It's like every time he tries to shore up the continuity he fucks up and adds another hole alongside it. For whatever comes after 3 he should just get a continuity editor cause he's shown he just can't keep it straight himself

I feel it will be a hell of a lot easier after 3. He'll have a somewhat clean slate and won't have to carry around the baggage of a bunch of portable titles with questionable importance. My hope is that the series (sans Ux) is back to being a home console series from now on. I feel like it'll keep things in focus and he won't have to make filler titles that add more lore without pushing things forward.

Strings

99% hilariously wrong, BUT I WANT TO BELIEVE... 7? We'll control all the keyblade wielders during some insane consecutive quicktime attack at least; Riku at the end of KH2-style.

Less insane: 2? Expecting to play as both Sora and Riku while they're split up at least. Perfectly happy with just Sora tho.

raven777

they probably should also patch Pro version having option to have locked 30fps as well... I think infamous SS added that with patch?

Strings

Semi-unrelated, but the idea of Kingdom Hearts + DLC is mouth-watering to me...

Extra costumes, Coliseum cups, and... Characters? Worlds? Yes please. Not to mention it'll make the inevitable final mix much less of a pita to access.

EDIT: But no player created avatars kthx. Though I can't imagine anyone ever implementing an awful, stupid, silly idea like that, ever.

Exentryk

Finally started playing this, and it's been really fun so far. It's been so long since I last played a KH game, that pretty much everything feels new and fresh. Aqua feels decent to control, and I like her arial moves. Magic feels really fun to use. The hard-lock seemed to unlock after an enemy dies, but I'm pretty sure in previous KH games the hard-lock used to just switch to the next enemy automatically? What gives? The block feels a bit stiff, and could be more responsive. But maybe I'll get used to it.

The reaction commands for ja spells and other stuff feels satisfying. Re story, her monologues feel good. The grim setting, the world and that music really makes it feel immersive. Let's see how it progresses.

Enjoying it so far!

giphy.gif

Edit: The music is so good!

Famassu

I think it's just that Young Xehanort has such a strong Heart that it can kind of re-create his physical appearance in the now, not that he can ignore the rule of abandoning his physical body for time travel. Kind of like how the strongest Nobodies retain their human form while others are just generic creatures.

Yeah, even if there is an explanation for that one, the way that bit is presented is just dumb.

"To time travel, you need to first abandon your physical body" says the time traveling man in front of me that clearly still has a body

I actually don't mind the idea of using time travel to assemble a cabal of villains, but holy shit is the above stupid

Ydelnae

Young Xehanort is just a heart which manifests as a physical body, just like Sora does in the last hours of KH1.

The real incongruence is that when Xemnas and Ansem were defeated, they came back as old Master Xehanort even when his heart and body weren't actually his lol

The real incongruence is that when Xemnas and Ansem were defeated, they came back as old Master Xehanort even when his heart and body weren't actually his lol

Well I just assume it's the same as with Ansem in KH1, he just chooses to show his true appearance rather than his vessel (Riku/Terranort).

Exentryk

So, I went into a room with loads of treasure chests, opened one and they all vanished. Please tell me there isn't a right chest there with some secret weapon or something?

Edit: Nvm, got it. Pretty cool!

Exentryk

The demo is a decent size actually.
Just found Mickey, and I thought that would have been the end of it. But we now have to find an exit.
Guess I'll leave that for tomorrow. Good stuff!

Nose Master

Holy crap. Beat proud without second chance at like 34, went to go try Julius. Died in about two seconds. Not sure I wanna grind out sc and some levels for him.

RocknRola

The drop in frames is quite noticeable going from DDD to 0.2 (finishing some of the objectives). Very much noticeable. If they can't reach 60fps for KH3 (which I already know they won't, least on base PS4) they should definitely aim for a much more solid 30fps.

silva1991

Holy crap. Beat proud without second chance at like 34, went to go try Julius. Died in about two seconds. Not sure I wanna grind out sc and some levels for him.

Grinding? second chance? no

get this guy

300px-R_%26_R_Seal_%28Spirit%29_KH3D.png

second chance is literally the second option after the first "?" on teh right

6Bzy8gy.jpg

10 LP for "?" and another 10 for second chance.

Tsunamo

Finally beat it on Critical. The final boss is such a rush but its tornado phase got on my nerves, so much so that I tried to damage it enough that I killed it before it spams the heartless hoards at you as a tornado (luckily I did)

Good fun, can't wait to try the Secret Boss on Critical in a bit.

I have a question regarding the DDDs Ability menu. If there's a blue dot in one of the holes, does that mean I got it? Or must it be the yellow/orange sparkly ones.

Top Bottom