• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD I.5+II.5 ReMIX |OT| Kingdom Hearts Final Port

I thought this when I first played KH2, and I still think it now.... DiZ is an asshole. An un-empathetic asshole. "A nobody doesn't have a right to be" "it's the fate of a nobody" go to hell dude, I know it's for the greater good, but if someone exists at all, whether it was by intention or not, they have a right to what he denies Roxas.

I thought this when I first played KH2, and I still think it now.... DiZ is an asshole. An un-empathetic asshole. "A nobody doesn't have a right to be" "it's the fate of a nobody" go to hell dude, I know it's for the greater good, but if someone exists at all, whether it was by intention or not, they have a right to what he denies Roxas.
That's how you're supposed to feel.

Fj0823

So who is the most unlikable character in all KH?

My vote goes for Terra. He's Prometheus scientists level of stupid and is played like a goddamn fiddle

Zaverious

The fact that they kept using the term "nonexistent" in some fashion to describe nobodies in KH2 felt off to me. Should've just stuck with empty shells or whatever.

My vote goes for Terra. He's Prometheus scientists level of stupid and is played likeby a goddamn fiddle

DDD Sora. He has nothing relateable about him. At least Terra had a badass angry scream.

As for villains Xemnas in a vaccuum in KH2 is very weak. He only became somewhat more interesting after 2FM and some lore implications. The only good thing about him is the hammy VA and good boss battle (that has nothing to do with his character).

Fj0823

The fact that they kept using the term "nonexistent" in some fashion to describe nobodies in KH2 felt off to me. Should've just stuck with empty shells or whatever.

I think the idea was that they are not supposed to exist as people without hearts are unnatural, but yeah, it feels off.

Zaverious

I think the idea was that they are not supposed to exist as people without hearts are unnatural, but yeah, it feels off.

Yeah I understood that because the heart is supposed to describe and affect everything about you and yet Nobodies react without one. It's just that term felt off especially when Sora says it.

My vote goes for Terra. He's Prometheus scientists level of stupid and is played like a goddamn fiddle
But Terra...had a hard life.

He's like the Anakin of the stories. Except he was forced to become a villain.

Meowster

Speaking of Xemnas's wonderfully over the top voice actor, I just realized every villain in the series has an A+ rating in the voice acting department. The only weak link I can think of is Billy Zane's replacement in Kingdom Hearts II and he gets better in the rest of the games.

JC Lately

Aerith's voice is a tricky one.

Mandy Moore should be returning to Kingdom Hearts 3 to voice Rapunzel anyways, especially since she's still voicing the character for the Tangled television show. Depends if they want to use her while they have her for Aerith or be consistent with Kingdom Hearts II and bring in Mena Suvari (also voiced her in Advent Children). Or have Andrea Bowen (Crisis Core, Dissidia 012, FF Explorers) come in.

Damn Aerith, you need to find a single voice and stick with it.

Please keep Mena I'm-a-way-better-actress-than-this-but-I'm-not-even-going-to-try-for-your-shitty-weebo-game Suvari the hell away from my KH3, thanks.

Fj0823

But Terra...had a hard life.

He's like the Anakin of the stories. Except he was forced to become a villain.

To be Fair, Anakin was raised a slave most of his childhood,and raised by angry monks who hated feelings until he reached adulthood. He also saw his mother die in his arms.

Terra was a chosen warrior, grew up with Mark Hamill and his friend (a super hot chick totally into him) Training to be a hero

And he also made a new friend when a cool kid came to train from another school.

But hey a girl was better than me that one time! It's time to tip my Fedora,post in r/TheRedPill and be an ass because this old guy says so

it's Pence

fuck that kid

latest

Pence is 2 strong to be unlikable

To be Fair, Anakin was raised a slave most of his childhood,and raised by angry monks who hated feelings until he reached adulthood. He also saw his mother die in his arms.

Terra was a chosen warrior, grew up with Mark Hamill and his friend (a super hot chick totally into him) Training to be a hero

And he also made a new friend when a cool kid came to train from another school.

But hey a girl was better than me that one time! It's time to tip my Fedora,post in r/TheRedPill and be an ass because this old guy says so
I refuse to accept that Aqua loves Terra.

You have a point though. I just think of Anakin for some reason whenever I think of Terra haha!

Blanquito

Well, decided to buy it, since most bugs are ironed out and they actually seem to care about the ps4 port. Excited to play it... This weekend probably

There isn't really a character in the series I hate. That said there's characters like Hayner that I just don't even care either way. Terra's for me is fine and I'm excited any time he shows up in the future following the mistakes he made in BBS. Also his design is fantastic.

Slaythe

You guys are not being fair with terra.

He has never actually betrayed his friends.

On the contrary.

Is he dumb because he got manipulated ? He was naive.

I mean if Terra is dumb, you all realize Eraqus was basically 3 times dumber.

And he had no way to know Xehanort could steal his body too. He was using the darkness to help his friends.

Lnds500

You guys are not being fair with terra.

He has never actually betrayed his friends.

On the contrary.

Is he dumb because he got manipulated ? He was naive.

I mean if Terra is dumb, you all realize Eraqus was basically 3 times dumber.

And he had no way to know Xehanort could steal his body too. He was using the darkness to help his friends.

Basically all the "good" Masters are either stupid, amnesiac, or both.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.

Terra was played like a fiddle because he was trusting, which makes him likable in my book. It should be obvious that darkness is evil, which is a failure on his part, but he is meant to be a flawed character. His scene in
0.2 where he says "I messed up" shows that he realized his flaws, but too late.

I'm gonna say Braig. He's a jerk who follows the villain for no other reason than he seemingly enjoys being evil.

Son Of D

Speaking of Xemnas's wonderfully over the top voice actor, I just realized every villain in the series has an A+ rating in the voice acting department. The only weak link I can think of is Billy Zane's replacement in Kingdom Hearts II and he gets better in the rest of the games.

Richard Epcar's "KINGDOM HEAAAAAAAAAAAARTS!" in KH2 is so full of ham that I have to love it.

Aerith's voice is a tricky one.

Mandy Moore should be returning to Kingdom Hearts 3 to voice Rapunzel anyways, especially since she's still voicing the character for the Tangled television show. Depends if they want to use her while they have her for Aerith or be consistent with Kingdom Hearts II and bring in Mena Suvari (also voiced her in Advent Children). Or have Andrea Bowen (Crisis Core, Dissidia 012, FF Explorers) come in.

Damn Aerith, you need to find a single voice and stick with it.

Wouldn't surprise me if it's Andrea Bowen. She seems to be the 'modern' voice for Aerith now.

No matter what anyone says about 358/2 Days, it will be the most depressingly rich story of KH franchise. Friends having to fight each other. All at the cost for reasons and motivations not truly of their own. Poor Roxas. Poor Axel. Poor Xion. Poor Riku. Poor Namine'. Ugh. The game was crushing upon release and the video cutscenes don't make it any easier to swallow.

For the KH1 trophies, do the difficulty ones stack? They didn't on PS3, and was hoping they would here. I'm cool with playing the game on Easy (Speedrun+No Weapon change) and Critical, but Normal is so boring.

DDD Sora. He has nothing relateable about him. At least Terra had a badass angry scream.

As for villains Xemnas in a vaccuum in KH2 is very weak. He only became somewhat more interesting after 2FM and some lore implications. The only good thing about him is the hammy VA and good boss battle (that has nothing to do with his character).
Xemnas being a good boss battle and not much else pretty much describes all of the KHII Org. members (bar Xigbar) in a nutshell.

I hope that Kairi actually DOES something besides swinging a keyblade once or twice.

I'm sure she will have a better role in III.

EDIT: I HATE AUTOCORRECT.

Copy arrived.

Got to Traverse Town but daaamn. Doesn't feel like it drops frames at all, if you discount those scenes that seem locked to 30, and the load times are almost literally non-existant, on a Pro w/SSD.

Xemnas being a good boss battle and not much else pretty much describes all of the KHII Org. members (bar Xigbar) in a nutshell.

My big problem with Xemnas over the other members (who obviously could have been used much better) is that he is supposed to be a big deal.

Not only is he the main villain but he actually has been built up ever since 1FM. In CoM he is shown to be someone the other members fear (Vexen and he even brags about his own high rank)

Then you get to KH2 where Xemnas... doesn't do anything. Like, literally. See him very briefly two times in early game where he doesn't do anything, appears once in mid game where he is like I know about Riku and bails (which already was done by Saix earlier). In final confrontation his only kinda interesting part in the game is short dialogue with DiZ and then the game kinda ends.

In comparison Xaldin and Saix are much better as actual villains in the way they interact with characters (Beast, Kairi+Sora) and Xigbar is interesting in his lore foreshadowing and is a likeable goofball. Demyx and Luxord are the only ones I would put on par with Xemnas that do very little. Axel is watered down from CoM but at least he has agency.

In comparison Master Xehanort in BBS does a LOT. He himself does his dirty work and has actual plans you see unfold. Ansem appears very little in the end but he too has good foreshadowing for his later appearance and actually becomes major player for the plot before just going ''yeah it's time for final boss battle I guess''.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
My big problem with Xemnas over the other members (who obviously could have been used much better) is that he is supposed to be a big deal.

Not only is he the main villain but he actually has been built up ever since 1FM. In CoM he is shown to be someone the other members fear (Vexen and he even brags about his own high rank)

Then you get to KH2 where Xemnas... doesn't do anything. Like, literally. See him very briefly two times in early game where he doesn't do anything, appears once in mid game where he is like I know about Riku and bails (which already was done by Saix earlier). In final confrontation his only kinda interesting part in the game is short dialogue with DiZ and then the game kinda ends.

In comparison Xaldin and Saix are much better as actual villains in the way they interact with characters (Beast, Kairi+Sora) and Xigbar is interesting in his lore foreshadowing and is a likeable goofball. Demyx and Luxord are the only ones I would put on par with Xemnas that do very little. Axel is watered down from CoM but at least he has agency.

In comparison Master Xehanort in BBS does a LOT. He himself does his dirty work and has actual plans you see unfold. Ansem appears very little in the end but he too has good foreshadowing for his later appearance and actually becomes major player for the plot before just going ''yeah it's time for final boss battle I guess''.
Yeah, Saix and Xigbar were the only two fully realized Organization members in KH2. It's a shame, because their designs and basic personality quirks were all great. Xaldin at least had his "holy shit this guy is hard" moment.

Even though I like it, I have to admit that KH2 had a pretty thin story in general, which is even more apparent after you play the others again. KH1, BbS, and DDD all have the Disney worlds play into the main plot, where KH2 has you "along for the ride" with the original movie characters. There are exceptions (Tron's world) and when there are, it's great. I like the overarching story more than KH1 on a conceptual level too. But it's written in a noticeably more shallow manner than the other games, when it comes to the in-between worlds and side characters.

Zaverious

Xaldin was good for messing with Beast but yeah the KH2 members including Xemnas only get fleshed out in the original Days and a little bit in 2FM.

Clipboard08.png

this game i played back so long ago (and again on the ps3)

can't wait to play it tomorrow

60fps

the power of the mystic (definitely my road of choice the first RPG I played wondering what magical powers we could get) )

Meowster

No matter what anyone says about 358/2 Days, it will be the most depressingly rich story of KH franchise. Friends having to fight each other. All at the cost for reasons and motivations not truly of their own. Poor Roxas. Poor Axel. Poor Xion. Poor Riku. Poor Namine'. Ugh. The game was crushing upon release and the video cutscenes don't make it any easier to swallow.
It's worth it alone for having the best final boss theme in the series.

SSJLuffy

Thinking about picking this up, haven't played a Kingdom Hearts game since the second was first released on PS2. This will be a HUGE nostalgia trip since I loved both games as a young buck.

Will I miss anything if I don't actually play 358/2 days and Re:coded?

Eylos

Banned
Thinking about picking this up, haven't played a Kingdom Hearts game since the second was first released on PS2. This will be a HUGE nostalgia trip since I loved both games as a young buck.

Will I miss anything if I don't actually play 358/2 days and Re:coded?
Both are movies on the ps4/ps3

SkylineRKR

I bought this and very happy with it because I loved 1.5 on Ps3 and sold it all off when 2.5 hit. But now I can finally play KH2 FM.

While KH2 was installing I started up BBS which I finished way back on PSP. Its pretty good. Looks great for a PSP port and controls are decent. Actually cleared 2 worlds before quitting. Haven't encountered any glitches but was greeted with a 5gb patch first.

Probably not gonna touch KH1, I 100% it on PS3 which was quite a time sink. I mainly bought this for 2 and BBS final mix anyway.

Top Bottom