• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD I.5+II.5 ReMIX |OT| Kingdom Hearts Final Port

She has it the worst in this series

So imagine you’re Sora’s mom. You’re making dinner. Outside, a storm is whipping up. You’re not worried though. You grew up on this island. Can’t lose your shit everytime a Cat 1 knocks on your door. You call your son to dinner. He doesn’t answer. You go up to his room.

He’s not there. His window is open. You go over to it and look out. His rowboat is gone. Did he take it to that silly island club house he and his friends are always wasting their time on? In this weather?!

Now you’re pissed and worried. What do you do? Go after him? Call for help? Wait out the storm and hope he turns up ok?

I’m sorry, all those answers are wrong. What you actually do is die as your whole world is erased form existence because some asshole opened a door.

But good news! It was only a slight case of death! And unknown amount of time later, you open your eyes, alive and well! Only your son is still missing. So is his best friend. And that Kairi girl whom you’ve never liked anyway isn’t making any sense when you ask her where your son is. What’s a mom to do?

Wait, are you a mom? That doesn’t sound right. You don’t remember having any kids. But there is a kid’s room in your house. How odd. Maybe you should as around. Hmm, everyone in town says the same thing. They don’t remember seeing you with any children. So you shrug and move on with your life for a year

Then one day you wake up and can remember Sora again. And feel like the buggiest piece of shit ever because you forgot about the existence of your only son for a year. And just when you get used to this revelation, in walks your long lost son, holding hands with Kairi, goofy smile on his face saying “Hi, mom! I’m back.”

Somehow, you just know this is all Kairi’s fault.
...wow that was deep...

LOL at Sora's mom hating Kairi!

Fj0823

So imagine you’re Sora’s mom. You’re making dinner. Outside, a storm is whipping up. You’re not worried though. You grew up on this island. Can’t lose your shit everytime a Cat 1 knocks on your door. You call your son to dinner. He doesn’t answer. You go up to his room.

He’s not there. His window is open. You go over to it and look out. His rowboat is gone. Did he take it to that silly island club house he and his friends are always wasting their time on? In this weather?!

Now you’re pissed and worried. What do you do? Go after him? Call for help? Wait out the storm and hope he turns up ok?

I’m sorry, all those answers are wrong. What you actually do is die as your whole world is erased form existence because some asshole opened a door.

But good news! It was only a slight case of death! And unknown amount of time later, you open your eyes, alive and well! Only your son is still missing. So is his best friend. And that Kairi girl whom you’ve never liked anyway isn’t making any sense when you ask her where your son is. What’s a mom to do?

Wait, are you a mom? That doesn’t sound right. You don’t remember having any kids. But there is a kid’s room in your house. How odd. Maybe you should as around. Hmm, everyone in town says the same thing. They don’t remember seeing you with any children. So you shrug and move on with your life for a year

Then one day you wake up and can remember Sora again. And feel like the buggiest piece of shit ever because you forgot about the existence of your only son for a year. And just when you get used to this revelation, in walks your long lost son, holding hands with Kairi, goofy smile on his face saying “Hi, mom! I’m back.”

Wow.

KINGDOM HEARTS: 3.1428 MOMS ARE TOUGH PROLOGUE

Fund it.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
I think this was addressed earlier but I can't seem to find the post.

I'm confused on what the second set of questions do in regards to experience at the beginning of the game.

I think someone said it determines how fast you level up but now I'm wondering if I totally screwed myself by answering the questions a certain way and now I'm going to end up leveling up really slow.

Can someone explain this to me?

Azuran

Banned
I think this was addressed earlier but I can't seem to find the post.

I'm confused on what the second set of questions do in regards to experience at the beginning of the game.

I think someone said it determines how fast you level up but now I'm wondering if I totally screwed myself by answering the questions a certain way and now I'm going to end up leveling up really slow.

Can someone explain this to me?

The questions define your level up growth:

Dawn: Fast during the first 40 levels, slow afterwards
Midday: Even experience
Night: Slow during first 40 levels, fast afterwards

Night is considered the best during optimal runs because you need around less 100000 exp to cap at 100 in the late game. If you're playing casually, it doesn't really matter unless you're planning on tackling the bonus bosses.

Eylos

Banned

Wait, are you a mom? That doesn’t sound right. You don’t remember having any kids. But there is a kid’s room in your house. How odd. Maybe you should ask around. Hmm, everyone in town says the same thing. They don’t remember seeing you with any children. So you shrug and move on with your life for a year

LOL best post

Alright got the first set of trophies done for the KH1 platinum. By those I mean beating the game in under 15 hours, beating the game without changing equipment (final boss took sooo long jesus), and beat the game without having to continue. Now I can relax and collect everything then do 1 final run on proud and be done, then on to KH2!

Night is considered the best during optimal runs because you need around less 100000 exp to cap at 100 in the late game. If you're playing casually, it doesn't really matter unless you're planning on tackling the bonus bosses.
Oops. I went with Dawn. If I'm trying to fight the bonus bosses should I go Night?

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!

Hm ok thanks. Such a weird thing ha.

I assume the problem of having team attack command on triangle still exists in KH1? I really don't know why they didn't change it to L2 or touchpad or something.

Alright! Homework's finally done...it's not super late...I'll try to play some KH2 finally....pops in disc.... "75 minutes" til patch is done -_- I hate this shit.

BigEmil

Alright! Homework's finally done...it's not super late...I'll try to play some KH2 finally....pops in disc.... "75 minutes" til patch is done -_- I hate this shit.
It's why i pop my disc in immediately when i get it so whenever later that day i wanna play the updates done by then

It's why i pop my disc in immediately when i get it so whenever later that day i wanna play the updates done by then

Even that doesn't seem to be fool proof sometimes. I am so tired of every time I boot up my PS4, it starts downloading multiple new patches for some games. I thought that that was the point of Rest mode that it would do that stuff when the system wasn't even on, yet it seems most of the time, it waits til I finally turn the system on to do this.

Luigi87

Question...
In Deep Jungle, has the Climbing Trees always been an area with infinitely respawning Power Wilds? 'cause I just keep killing the same one over and over as it comes back...

Edit: By which I of course mean never leaving the area.

Meowster

Wonderland has to be my least favorite world in the first game. Maybe it's because it is first but I always want to rush through it as fast as possible. Everything seems so slow and the platforming isn't very fun.

ricelord

hmm i think i fucked up going for the dawn route then.

BigEmil

Even that doesn't seem to be fool proof sometimes. I am so tired of every time I boot up my PS4, it starts downloading multiple new patches for some games. I thought that that was the point of Rest mode that it would do that stuff when the system wasn't even on, yet it seems most of the time, it waits til I finally turn the system on to do this.
Sounds like you have download in rest mode turned off in think it's in power save settings because it should download in rest mode and there's an option to disable it :p

KH2 is more difficult than I remember. I died like 3 times during that Hades fight where you have to run away from him with Auron.
I don't like using items, so I feel kind of helpless without a cure spell.
I also feel weird not having a constant roll or dodge button. Guard is cool and all, but it's not the same.

Wait, are you a mom? That doesn’t sound right. You don’t remember having any kids. But there is a kid’s room in your house. How odd. Maybe you should ask around. Hmm, everyone in town says the same thing. They don’t remember seeing you with any children. So you shrug and move on with your life for a year

HOLY Crap LMAO! This is a 10/10 post

I feel like buying the game but I never even finished the original duo on PS3 lol.

Just gonna wait for a sale since KH3 isn't gonna release anytime soon.

Byvar

Somehow, you just know this is all Kairi's fault.
As if it wasn't hard enough to swallow that your son played with that strange girl that washed up during a meteor shower and turned out not to speak the local dialect, now she drags your only son away and makes him miss school for years? Better have a good long talk with her parents! Wait, does she have parents? Great post, lol.
Actually, with Xehanort likely being from Destiny Islands, I'd guess the people there are familiar with this kind of stuff and almost think of it as normal signs of puberty.

BigEmil

Why? :d. Especially with KH2 and having items on shortcuts no reason not to!
It's a common thing in jrpgs people like to save all the items until like the final boss or something i do the same thing too lol never use items probably a ocd thing but getting rid of this habit already

how hard is hard? difficulty trophies -_- its my first playthrough so i want to enjoy myself without too much hassle

Not insanely hard but few bosses can definately be challenging. KH1 also has a weird difficulty curve where the some of the early bosses are the hardest. That said grinding levels is relatively fast in KH and there usually are some tricks to make the fights easier.

Xandremi

Not insanely hard but few bosses can definately be challenging. KH1 also has a weird difficulty curve where the some of the early bosses are the hardest. That said grinding levels is relatively fast in KH and there usually are some tricks to make the fights easier.

Thanks, i'll run hard and just roll with it.

Aerith's voice is a tricky one.

Mandy Moore should be returning to Kingdom Hearts 3 to voice Rapunzel anyways, especially since she's still voicing the character for the Tangled television show. Depends if they want to use her while they have her for Aerith or be consistent with Kingdom Hearts II and bring in Mena Suvari (also voiced her in Advent Children). Or have Andrea Bowen (Crisis Core, Dissidia 012, FF Explorers) come in.

Damn Aerith, you need to find a single voice and stick with it.

Top Bottom