• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD I.5+II.5 ReMIX |OT| Kingdom Hearts Final Port

joe_zazen

Got all the cards in COM except for enemy cards and it looks like it's going to be an extremely boring grind. Any advice on getting them? I already have all the 358/2 cards

The big thing is to kill the enemy whose card you need last in each mob.

Other than that, It totally depends on which cards you are missing. There is some helpful advice on gamfaq, falconesque knows his shit. But it is a very Grindy trophy. It took me 6 hours to get the last 10 cards. Good game for the exercise bike.

Got all the cards in COM except for enemy cards and it looks like it's going to be an extremely boring grind. Any advice on getting them? I already have all the 358/2 cards
Teeming, Looming and Almighty Darkness map cards have 2.5x multipliers for getting enemy cards after encounters.

I was dreading this, I still needed 12 when I started hunting enemy cards but it only took a couple of hours.

Very cool, tho I suppose the Days thingy could have been a patch since first time players prolly won't be on the lookout for it and it's relatively small download.

Edit: seems like it's not available on EU store yet. Do report how the new scene is.

img_0053tjspq.jpg
Save crashing is gone!

I guess the only thing to test now are the Grim Reaper RC and Lingering Will block?

edit: ^^that guy seems to have recorded KH1 Sephiroth meteors being fixed as well.

NullKaze

What was the Xemnas glitch anyway? Related to his RC?
His RC would intermittently drop out, making it an unreliable method of escaping that move. You were basically forced to rely on Session or have really, really good reflexes with Reflect (and quite a bit of luck)

I'll be damned. They actually fixed it.

Quick, someone check Grim Reaper. And LS's punch attack.

Tsunamo

Patch still has a hour left for me :/
His RC would intermittently drop out, making it an unreliable method of escaping that move. You were basically forced to rely on Session or have really, really good reflexes with Reflect (and quite a bit of luck)

I'll be damned. They actually fixed it.
It was also a thing on the PS3 version too so it's suprising they actually fixed it.

Joqu

Very impressed by these patches, I didn't think they'd still work on this but it does make sense considering they're really trying to sell KH3 here in the long term. Nice.

TheCed

Wow

Never expected a patch to begin with, so I'm quite surprised that they addressed most of the issues.

Can someone confirm if LW punch had been fixed ?

Some random question.

I have installed KH1.5+2.5 in an external HDD.
Do I have to have the HDD mounted o PS4 in order for the patch to begin download?
Or can it be downloaded without the HDD mounted and install it afterwards?

As I've said elsewhere, I hope 0.2 and DDD get some more love too, but also gawd I wish they'd figure out a way to add New Game Plus to all of these.

Psxphile

So the Days cutscene only covers the final form, but it's better than nothing.

Bit of a shame. But there was that whole thing with a dejected Roxas setting up gadgets for the Org in certain worlds that later came into play when he was fighting her that the ReMix completely glossed over when the game went cutscene-only, they'd have to restore those cinemas too if they wanted the form changes to make sense.

But to hear orchestrated Vector to the Heavens for longer than a few seconds is pretty good.

LycanXIII

The KH Theater mode is ALL cutscenes. Secret Bosses, secret endings, text like the other 2 movies. They even added a black screen between the fight scenes with battle sounds in it.

holy shit the patch fixed things

i didn't think they would ever fix Final Xemnas RC but hey, they did

granted Marly is fucked up now but wow, working as intended

https://clips.twitch.tv/VibrantHilariousAdminMau5

Marluxia is busted. He won't teleport to the middle when he does the pool attack now. I doubt they'll patch the game again. Overall a huge net positive though with the patch I just don't know how they mess up something that wasn't broken in the first place.

He's still gonna be easier than every other Data battle. That's probably his least dangerous attack for Lv. 1 Critical players (let alone anyone else) and there's still plenty of 'tell' to it. I don't really have a problem with this.

He's still gonna be easier than every other Data battle. That's probably his least dangerous attack for Lv. 1 Critical players (let alone anyone else) and there's still plenty of 'tell' to it. I don't really have a problem with this.

yeah but now you can't the the fight fast anymore which sucks

JayEH

Yeah it's really only a huge problem if you wanted to firaga skip that attack it seems but it's just dumb that they keep having issues with these games. Apparently lingering will has some teleport bug too but I haven't seen it yet.

Vashetti

Banned
KH2 Changes:
-SAVE CRASHING FIXED (allegedly)
-FINAL XEMNAS RC ACTUALLY WORKS AS INTENDED FOR REAL NOW
-Anything that draws in enemies pulls them in way slower now (i.e CL whistle, magnet, magnet burst, dance call, ultima part of trinity, etc (wild dance is fine tho :thinking:))
-GR2 RC fixed (abnormally fast now? :thinking:)
-Animations such as quick run are fixed to work properly in 60fps
-More animations are 60 fps (e.g Shadows, 1k heartless, Luxord cards, explosion)
-Stomp Bomb RC in Timeless River fixed
-Twilight Thorn RC fixed (kinda ties into final Xemnas RX)
-Roxas gets launched higher to match PS2
-Punch in Terra fight fixed
-Experiment crash fixed
-Boxes from Sorcerer nobody jiggle around before attack
-Marluxia doesn't spawn in the centre for the 3 pools, ruins Firaga loop (position after teleport is reflected from the position from which he teleports. He moves twice as far, overshooting the centre of the field)

KH1 Changes:
-Camera is slower
-Octaslash fixed
-Wonderland dodge roll works

BBS Changes:
-Crash against Vanitas+Xehanort as Terra fixed

Not Changed:
-Audio issues
-Still no soft reset
-Duck Flare still OP
-Peter Pan stunlock still exists
-Zetris jump still broken
-CoR OoB glitch still works
-Slide dash can still whiff
-BBS tornadoes for Aqua
-Vexen ice needle still broken in Re:CoM

https://pastebin.com/9GBDrat4

Skittles

Yeah it's really only a huge problem if you wanted to firaga skip that attack it seems but it's just dumb that they keep having issues with these games. Apparently lingering will has some teleport bug too but I haven't seen it yet.
This is what happens when you tie game logic to the fps and then change that fps drastically. Dont know what happened to lingering will, but it appears that marluxias teleports arent random.

Some thoughts on the BBS post game. I would like to have words with whoever decided that putting bosses behind a shitty kart racer and shitty board game wall was a good fucking idea.

Also, you finish this game at a pretty low level which means it's a pretty long grind to get to a good enough level to fight some of the bosses, and that shit gets old quick.

The boss design of this game seems so much worse then KH2. KH2 had difficult bosses, but the designs were smart and the mechanics never felt like bullshit, and overcoming them was rewarding. BBS on the other hand feels difficult just for the sake of it. Bosses just break out of your combos whenever they feel like it, and you can't really stagger them at all.

NullKaze

The boss design of this game seems so much worse then KH2. KH2 had difficult bosses, but the designs were smart and the mechanics never felt like bullshit, and overcoming them was rewarding. BBS on the other hand feels difficult just for the sake of it. Bosses just break out of your combos whenever they feel like it, and you can't really stagger them at all.
Yep.

This is exactly why we're worried about KH3 (who is being developed by the same team that made BBS/DDD). 0.2 shows some potential, but still very far from KH2FM's keen balance.

Top Bottom