• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

SoulUnison

Banned
Spent $115 on jewels. Got both Sephiroth and Sora & Pals on one draw with 3500 jewels left. No regrets.
maybe a little regret

I...What?
I just can't imagine spending almost 2 brand new games worth of money on one of these games.

I almost spent 99 cents on FFRK once, and felt dirty for it.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I...What?
I just can't imagine spending almost 2 brand new games worth of money on one of these games.

Different priorities. I spend money on IAP versus full priced games because I enjoy these gacha games a good bit. I don't have enough time to sit down and play a 30-40+ hour game anymore...Maybe once in a blue moon, but it has to be something really really special for me to be able to set aside that much time and energy for it. Games like this work for bite sized gaming binges, so my money is perfectly fine going to this game! :)

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I...What?

When some spend more time and have more fun with gacha games... Why not?

Malyse

Was that a thing in the Japanese version?

Even if it was, there's no guarantee that we'll get it.

Anyway, I think it would be very difficult to have much breathing room without bumping up to 100 slots (or 125 for events like the current one, if you want to max them out without paying to open the Daily Events).
Yet here I am with plenty of 6* medals and room to spare.

KH II Kairi has saved my ass so many times so far, I'm really glad I managed to pull her on a daily. Hoping I can get another to fill in a pip or two.

May chance a daily tomorrow or will save for Monday.

Rootbeer

Banned
Sorry for the trigger guys! :)

Haha

There's several medals I've been chasing since day 1 that I've still never pulled. Don't act like you can't relate, lol.

I think being in the discord group where people are constantly posting pics of killer pulls has warped my expectations!

Finally finished the latest story quests and went for a second event 10 pull. No Sephiroth or Sora and Pals, but I am still really happy with the results. Managed to pull Black Coat Mickey, Limit Form Sora, Namine, CoM Riku, and TR Pete, in addition to dupes of both Donald B and KH Riku. Probably my best pull thus far, and should definitely ride me over for a while.

Faiz

Finally finished the latest story quests and went for a second event 10 pull. No Sephiroth or Sora and Pals, but I am still really happy with the results. Managed to pull Black Coat Mickey, Limit Form Sora, Namine, CoM Riku, and TR Pete, in addition to dupes of both Donald B and KH Riku. Probably my best pull thus far, and should definitely ride me over for a while.

All around better than any of my 10 pulls! Nice one!

Malyse

I recently fell back in the PSO2 hole and it made me realize how much I wish SE would have taken the PSO2 approach with this series. Outside of the failure to actually make a western release, I mean.

PC/PS4 version - 4 player co-op version a la Days, regular KH control scheme.
Vita version - reduced version of PC game with AI bots based on player gameplay styles instead of live co-op.
Mobile version - stripped down with simpler game play mechanics.
Anime version - non interactive way to experience the story.

Shared character model. Shared weapons. Same story with multiple points of entry, each of which nets bonuses to advance you in the others. I really would have liked a version of [chi] that tied the browser and handheld games more than one way outfit sharing.

creid

So how good is Sephiroth? I'm sure he's good but after recently guilting a Stitch I don't have much motivation for more speed medals.

Kinsei

Banned
So how good is Sephiroth? I'm sure he's good but after recently guilting a Stitch I don't have much motivation for more speed medals.

He's the best speed medal currently in the game and one of (if not the) best medals in the game. Premium medals will last you a long time if you pull one.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vRtE_piELQXebleCS9Sx8H92C9AKSHRZeUtEpvgyCnA/htmlview#gid=0

Not sure if I agree with some of the [Occasionally] vs [Rarely] on the spreadsheet, but barring someone making a data gathering tool like FFRKInspector or someone being insane enough to do roughly 500+ runs per stage, that's the best we're gonna get.
Thanks. I actually just want to get all of the 3★ Snow White and Seven Dwarves medals evolved so I don't need a crazy amount of EXP.

creid

My first Epic pull..... Pinocchio. Also got Wisdom form Sora, but don't have the tier list on front of me to see if that's good or not.

If you've got AP burning a hole in yer pocket this weekend, you can get about one Avatar Coin per run of the 30 AP Snow White quest (combine two to make one with a pip, pips sell for Avatar Coins).

Probably not the greatest return, but until they become otherwise farmable, why not?

Pulled a Sephiroth. Can't get my first Minnie to save my life though. Go figure.
I have two Minnies. And a Diz. And a White Rabbit. Oops, confused Minnie with Vivi (who I also have two of).

Falk

that puzzling face
Free damage is free damage.

(I wouldn't bother re-guilting a low roll though)

w89WOY4l.png

uninstalling

see ya guys

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vRtE_piELQXebleCS9Sx8H92C9AKSHRZeUtEpvgyCnA/htmlview#gid=0

Not sure if I agree with some of the [Occasionally] vs [Rarely] on the spreadsheet, but barring someone making a data gathering tool like FFRKInspector or someone being insane enough to do roughly 500+ runs per stage, that's the best we're gonna get.
So 151 is a good spot, the ratio seems to be about 60% 3★ Huey, 30% 5★ Huey and 10% 5★ Moogle.

On top of that, 151 also triggers Behemoth, which also dispenses Huey.

Current plan is two runs of 57 to bump up the Raid Boss number for cheap, then 151 until Behemoth.

creid

If you've got AP burning a hole in yer pocket this weekend, you can get about one Avatar Coin per run of the 30 AP Snow White quest (combine two to make one with a pip, pips sell for Avatar Coins).

Really? I never knew. True for all pipped medals?

Ilvocare

Nothing really spectacular, but I managed to guilt my KH Sora Ver. A last night and hit 25% first try.

Otherwise, I'm a bit spooked at the whole Wretched Witch OTKO endeavor, and I guess I should probably start slamming my head against the fourth level Event quest.

I sure hope I'm not garbage!

And also I'm waiting to pull my 3k jewel pull but after being so successful in guilting my free medal I'm concerned my luck is in the negatives right now. That and my storage is packed full to the brim with me trying to clear space. So I'm gonna wait a couple of days to pull the 10-medal pull for a little bit.

Psxphile

Finally 10-pulled. No Seph, no Namine. Not even BC Mickey.

Got a Queen Minnie though, and a few new medals for my collection I've been lacking. :\

Really? I never knew. True for all pipped medals?

I was wondering why the screen where you sell medals include Avatar Coins as something you can gain. I just assumed they would introduce super-rare medals that sell for coins (instead of munny) at some point in the future.

... I'm going to have a lot of extra Snow Whites after I guilt the one so I guess I know what I'm going to do with those now (besides re-roll guilt if I don't get a high-enough percent).

Psxphile

I believe so. One pip gets one Avatar Coin, as far as I can tell.

From testing, I can confirm this. However, you don't get any coins if you don't have max pips filled. A 4* with only one pip filled gets you zero coins, but filling both pips nets you two. 5* medals get you three coins when maxed, and 6*s five coins (seemingly, you don't get a 6th coin for having guilt on the medal).

Ilvocare

I've cleared all the objectives on all the event quests already. I'm super happy that I can consistently take out the Witch there, without gearing myself for a non-offensive layout. She seems to heal only on the first turn, and on the second she slams you with a Toxic-esque status. I've seen no variation on this, and she dies regularly on Turn 3 anyways.

Might as well grind for hot Louies, now. Louie is the Speed one, right?

Ilvocare

Oh, well now it makes sense as to why this wasn't really noticed.

Yup, Story Quest 190 is short and has a Louie chest (3★ or 5★), plus it spawns Darkside, which rewards Louie medals.

Oh damn, I was running 224 because I saw you got two EXP medals per run and that both have frequent chances of causing Louies. I'll swap quests, then.

...why does the quest pointer keep resetting itself to 300? I don't want that...

Psxphile

I've cleared all the objectives on all the event quests already. I'm super happy that I can consistently take out the Witch there, without gearing myself for a non-offensive layout. She seems to heal only on the first turn, and on the second she slams you with a Toxic-esque status. I've seen no variation on this, and she dies regularly on Turn 3 anyways.

Might as well grind for hot Louies, now. Louie is the Speed one, right?

I've noticed in the Event mission the Witch's AI reacts different on her first turn, possibly due to how much damage she sustains. If you go all out and damage her considerably on the first turn, she'll heal on hers. If you don't meet a certain damage threshold on that turn (more than one bar?), she'll use hers to poison you instead. Otherwise she's likely to poison instead on her second turn. She's also never poisoned me more than once but can heal multiple times.

Oh damn, I was running 224 because I saw you got two EXP medals per run and that both have frequent chances of causing Louies. I'll swap quests, then.
I just moved over to 190, but what I was doing with 151 (for Huey) was running Story Quest 57 twice, then 151 two or three times, which would trigger a Behemoth fight (with a chance for Omega). It might be beneficial to run 57 three times first, I forget the exact math but I think it's eighty-six Heartless to trigger a Raid Boss and 57 has just under thirty. I guess it depends on how much you want to juggle the free refills.

RalchAC

I've noticed in the Event mission the Witch's AI reacts different on her first turn, possibly due to how much damage she sustains. If you go all out and damage her considerably on the first turn, she'll heal on hers. If you don't meet a certain damage threshold on that turn (more than one bar?), she'll use hers to poison you instead. Otherwise she's likely to poison instead on her second turn. She's also never poisoned me more than once but can heal multiple times.

Did the event quest a few times more.

If her HP goes under 2 green dots, she heals herself.

also

Banned
Is it worth farming avatar points? The 30AP 7 dwarfs quest nets you ~6 medals so ~3 avatar points per run. I don't really care about cosmetics but I'd like to unlock all the stat bonuses and medals. Right now it seems that levelling up + weekly bonus should be enough by itself. I only have 1 mil munny so I'd rather grind that as you burn through it very quickly.

Did Japan ever get a repeat for Sephiroth and other premium medals or has it been a one time only chance?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Is it worth farming avatar points? The 30AP 7 dwarfs quest nets you ~6 medals so ~3 avatar points per run. I don't really care about cosmetics but I'd like to unlock all the stat bonuses and medals. Right now it seems that levelling up + weekly bonus should be enough by itself. I only have 1 mil munny so I'd rather grind that as you burn through it very quickly.

Did Japan ever get a repeat for Sephiroth and other premium medals or has it been a one time only chance?
No repeats so far, once they gone, welp.

Razmos

Did a 10 pull hoping to get Sephiroth, result wasnt that great but I did get a 5* KH2 Kairi which is apparently really good. also Queen Minnie which is my first healing medal

Going to buy the 3000 jewels tomorrow and do another pull

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
You guys and your JP version...
jelly

I guilted my KH II King Mickey with 22%. Not bad. Going to pull again tomorrow when I do the unlock again.

c-murph

Haven't really been interested in the game. I've been logging in most days to collect jewels and almost at 40 days for the Gothic Lolita title... Only at Lv.5 with 16 AP.

How do I raise AP so I can actually play the game? Also, is there any fast way to collect jewels (Besides paying)?

How do I raise AP so I can actually play the game? Also, is there any fast way to collect jewels (Besides paying)?
AP is unlocked through the Avatar Boards.

I would suggest unlocking the first two nodes on each board (should be one AP and one Cost) and moving on, unless you really want costume parts.

Story Quests give you 150 jewels every five levels, it is finite, but it should fuel you well at the start.

Ten pulls are generally a gyp (less so when there's a guaranteed "epic" medal, but eh), stick to Daily Draws for the most part.

Lnds500

How do I do that ? I read somewhere I lose my credit on my EU account if I switch to US.

You don't lose anything. I've had multiple account since 2008-2009.

1) Log out of iTunes.
2) Switch to the US store
3) Try to purchase a FREE app
4) Select option to create a new Apple ID
5) Fill form - there will be an option of "None" under payment
6) All done.

You can do it on another computer/user and just copy/paste the apps if you want.

Top Bottom