• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Lnds500

Just so you know, everything before Mission 400 is the pre-title screen prologue. You know, how right before the plot starts in any given KH the name of game pops up? That's mission 400 in Unchained.
lol

Well, if nothing else, this proves we are playing a KH title.

Psxphile

Just so you know, everything before Mission 400 is the pre-title screen prologue. You know, how right before the plot starts in any given KH the name of game pops up? That's mission 400 in Unchained.
lol

God, it's even worse then KH2. We managed to clean up one whole world before we were told what game we were playing. Like some kind of mexican soap opera, where you don't see the show's OP until 15 minutes into the airing. :eek:

Well, the game threw a gigantic "f--- you" with my two ten pulls.

cmxnkIl.jpg

p3eH7ni.jpg

Two pulls and the only new medal I got was freaking Pinnochio? No Reversed medals, even a regular one?

I've already spent $45 on this game. I really don't want to spend any more. =/

creid

This game is depressingly aggressive with its microtransactions and whale-hunting.
You even get that "$15.99 Special!" pop-up almost every time you launch the game.
I think you're only supposed to see that once per week. I generally only see it on Monday morning (after weekly reset).
edit: super beaten

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Well, the game threw a gigantic "f--- you" with my two ten pulls.

Two pulls and the only new medal I got was freaking Pinnochio? No Reversed medals, even a regular one?

I've already spent $45 on this game. I really don't want to spend any more. =/

At least you pulled some decent stuff. Yeah, a reverse or two would be nice...But that's some usable stuff there!

At least you pulled some decent stuff. Yeah, a reverse or two would be nice...But that's some usable stuff there!

Except for DiZ (which completes my trifecta of buff medals) and Master Form Sora, all the other good medals are either copies of ones I already have, or completely outclassed by medals I already have equipped.

Starlight: Vivi, KHII Aerith, Hercules, Tifa, CoM Riku
Treasure Trove: Goofy Ver. A (primed for guilting), KHII Leon Ver. B, Hercules, KH Cloud, Black Coat King Mickey
Lady Luck: KHII Aerith, Aladdin, KH Sora Ver. B, Tifa
Three Wishes: Vivi, CoM Riku, Selphie (primed for guilting), Auron

So yeah, it feels like a total waste. The extra dots are nice, but it hurts to pay 6000 jewels and only get redundant or worthless stuff. =/

Primus

So yeah, it feels like a total waste. The extra dots are nice, but it hurts to pay 6000 jewels and only get redundant or worthless stuff. =/

I'm trying to look on the bright side of my four pulls. Seph would have been nice, but I really, really wanted a Namine and I didn't get one. What I did end up with was most of the holes in my lineup being filled. Got the trifecta of KH1 Aerith, White Rabbit and Phil, dupes of pretty much every Sora so dots for everyone, enough KH2 King Mickeys to not only Guilt him but have a reroll, and a Queen Minnie as well.

Still, damn, I wanted that Namine.

Again facing the dilemma of saving up for the next premium event or spending on daily pulls. It's just so friggin boring to not have any new medal pulls for long periods of time :(

Malyse

Again facing the dilemma of saving up for the next premium event or spending on daily pulls. It's just so friggin boring to not have any new medal pulls for long periods of time :(

I'm not pulling anything until voiced medals. Fuck it. The illustrated Ventus and Kairi are amazing medals.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I think Sora and Pals is exclusive to this deal like Sephiroth, but Namine should be available in other pulls.

Namine is like the other epic medals so she's available through regular pulls and will stick around once the current deal ends. Sora and Pals is a premium like Sephiroth so it is exclusive to the 10 pull and it will be gone once the current deal ends.

Thanks guys !!

Ouch, guess im screwed then i had hoped to get 3k together before the event ends. Would probably be possible if they would give out at least 100 Jewels per Day but 50 Jewels incoming it wont be enough...i really could have used a kick ass Magical Medal - well cant have it all.
So yeah I'm certain this 10-pull was better
x5vM0xnl.jpg

Awesome pulls - congrats !!

Kinsei

Banned
Thanks guys !!

Ouch, guess im screwed then i had hoped to get 3k together before the event ends. Would probably be possible if they would give out at least 100 Jewels per Day but 50 Jewels incoming it wont be enough...i really could have used a kick ass Magical Medal - well cant have it all.

Awesome pulls - congrats !!

Would the story quests we will most likely get on Thursday put you at or over 3k?

I finally got into an active party and shot up seven levels this morning.

If we are active tonight and I can hit 200, I'm going to buy the Riku avatar board, then I'll be able to equip three 6★ and two 5★ (as long as one of them has a -3, which is already taken care of).

After that I'll probably dial way back down to more casual play.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Would the story quests we will most likely get on Thursday put you at or over 3k?

Yeah probably but the event will be over by then i think.. are new Story missions already confirmed ? Would be cool if i could get a least a Shot at the current Medals.

Ilvocare

Summer vacation over in only 100 missions to go.

That'd be four batches of 25 quests each, so... that's 1 this week, at the start of June, then another in the middle, then two more in July. In other words, by August we'll ACTUALLY reach the traditional end of summer vacation, in line with X.

That's some shit.

Skittles

That'd be four batches of 25 quests each, so... that's 1 this week, at the start of June, then another in the middle, then two more in July. In other words, by August we'll ACTUALLY reach the traditional end of summer vacation, in line with X.

That's some shit.
i'm glad i don't go back to school until august 22nd

No Sephiroth or anything amazing like that, but the Hades seems pretty alright, especially with the x1.90 on Three Wishes. I haven't taken Lady Luck to +21 yet, so I dunno what (if any) the Reverse medal multiplier for that is, but is the Pain & Panic medal any good?

Kinsei

Banned
No Sephiroth or anything amazing like that, but the Hades seems pretty alright, especially with the x1.90 on Three Wishes. I haven't taken Lady Luck to +21 yet, so I dunno what (if any) the Reverse medal multiplier for that is, but is the Pain & Panic medal any good?

Do you have Aladdin? Pain & Panic seems like it would be good if you had him. There is a reverse slot for Lady Luck at level 21, it's the fifth slot.

Ilvocare

Reverse medal multiplier on +21 LL was literally hand-crafted by hand and made for Seph.

P+P works well with Aladdin if you have him, I bet.

EDIT: Beat like a bitch.

Falk

that puzzling face

That's some shit.

That kind of was the joke :V

Falk

that puzzling face
I thought you were just making the whole KHII prologue comparison, I didn't think you had all the layers of that quip excavated and claimed. Fuck me, then.

Technically you came up with the same joke I did - just with a more overt explanation!

Famassu

My Young Herc (25%) does me quite well. Not as useless as some people think.
Maybe does well if you've maxed him out at this point, but there are probably a lot of medals that are worth the effort of maxing them out more than Young Herc, in the long run, once we get to those totes cray-cray enemies later on that were in some youtube vid of the Jap version that was linked here earlier.

But why would you spend the resources necessary to get Young Herc that far when they would be much better going to other free medals like Wakka?

Simple. Just get more resources. =P

I've gotten to the point where I can guilt Sora/Donald/Goofy, the Destiny Island kids, Stitch, and Young Hercules, and all that I need to do now is get to mission 200 (currently at 193).

Faiz

But why would you spend the resources necessary to get Young Herc that far when they would be much better going to other free medals like Wakka?

Much better is debatable IMO.

I started out not really knowing who the best farmables were and Young Herc was one of the 5*s in my first ten pull, so he had a leg up when it came to guilting. I really wasn't hurting at all so I didnt really have any motivation to guilt a Wakka. Though I do have two level 1 6*s rotting in the wings at this point so if I really need to it could be done relatively quickly. And since guilting Yherc I got a KH Riku, so again, less and less motivated to guilt Wakka.

If someone's starting from scratch and have neither? Sure, do Wakka. Already put effort into Young Herc? Do that. Really out of things to do? No harm in spending time on a Wakka of you want but otherwise probably better things to do (like filling in holes in your other keyblades).

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

Because I've got the time and resources to do both? No reason to limit yourself to JUST Young Herc or Wakka!

Critical Elk

Neo Member
Is Def Boost II supposed to be seemingly worse than I, or did someone mess up thr fraction of damage reduced? I can't tell if it's actually worth using over Def Boost I.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Wow, just started this today and it's pretty neat. There's some solid strategy in managing your types and special meter to get all of the one turn kills. So I do have a question, with those upgrade medals, does the type matter? Will a strength upgrade medal give more exp to a strength medal?

Top Bottom