• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Tidd

Oh and it looks like they changed the Sora&Pals medal. Japanese version was Cure + Atk+1 for 1 turn and ours does 6hits.
And they added a new raid boss! https://www.reddit.com/r/KHX/comments/4l9pre/so_i_pulled_this_thing_after_doing_the_adamantine/

Same! Though I feel bad spending money in this game :(
Got the hag medal too, but not so keen on that.
Got two KH Cloud medals too, but already have a level 6 cloud medal, so gonna have to use them to upgrade the skill for it, which will take a while...

Congrats. You could feel a lot worse. For example not getting Sephiroth after spending money. Thankfully I wasn't forced to spend money this time.

Also the first Adamantite quest is out! Not too difficult either!

Which Keyblade to upgrade first? Hmmmmm.

I would say use them on the Keyblade you have the best medals for? But I could be wrong. And it looks like it's better to upgrade one Keyblade to 25 instead of all to 21.

SubZero

Neo Member
U1mHgUP.jpg

Uggg, being F2P in this game is rough. I did 2 daily pulls either last week or early this week (I forget) and they were complete crap. Now, I only have 2600 jewels.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I have the worst luck in this game. Got "ok" medals, nothing new though.. :(

This was pretty much me after i did my 10pull for Coat Micky...saw all the awesome pulls here and thought well i guess pulling now is a no brainer...and only got trash - Aladdin was my best pull lol.
I went all out. Got Sephiroth, Sora and Friends, guilted my BC Mickey (58%), bunch of reverse medals...No regrets.

Sweet...Guilted will be your MVP on many teams - well and i guess Sephiroth is also nice xD

Lnds500

This was pretty much me after i did my 10pull for Coat Micky...saw all the awesome pulls here and thought well i guess pulling now is a no brainer...and only got trash - Aladdin was my best pull lol.

Sweet...Guilted will be your MVP on many teams - well and i guess Sephiroth is also nice xD

It's really depressing if you don't wanna spend money on the game and you pull something mediocre after a month or so of collecting coins.

Kinsei

Banned
It's not Sephiroth + Namine, but I'll take it. I can now orb Peter Pan, Mickey, and Limit Form.

cSpWt3U.png

I also have 9k more jewels so I might do a few more pulls cause I really want Sephiroth.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
It's really depressing if you don't wanna spend money on the game and you pull something mediocre after a month or so of collecting coins.
In Japan you can 10 pull every 10 days now I think; it wasn't always like that though; hang in there.

Faiz

Oh yay, Sephiroth only available for 1 week and only on the 10 pull. And I have 1700 jewels

Oh well, see ya in the friends list, Sephi ;)

cw_sasuke

Yeah...they really dont give out enough free orbs/coins so one shitty 10 pulls means you are off the grid for at least a month or so. Also it doesnt seem like they give out more orbs for reaching login milestones like other days...or do you get somethings pecial for 50 or 100 days ? Doesnt look like it.
Pulled another in my last pull so I can aim for a higher guilt. We will see. Can't wait to be able to farm Chip and Dale medals for even more absurdity.

Heh nice...whats his max Guilt..75% ?

LAA

Oh and it looks like they changed the Sora&Pals medal. Japanese version was Cure + Atk+1 for 1 turn and ours does 6hits.
And they added a new raid boss! https://www.reddit.com/r/KHX/comments/4l9pre/so_i_pulled_this_thing_after_doing_the_adamantine/

Congrats. You could feel a lot worse. For example not getting Sephiroth after spending money. Thankfully I wasn't forced to spend money this time.

Yeah definitely, but usually against microtransactions, though in this case it's KH, which is possibly my favourite series and..a sephiroth medal was possible to obtain ;).

Also the first Adamantite quest is out! Not too difficult either!

Rol7794.jpg

Which Keyblade to upgrade first? Hmmmmm.

How the hell did you level up so much! I don't think I'm even level 100 yet and been playing it nearly every day, beat all the story quests now, just going back doing each one to get all the challenges done for each level.

Kinsei

Banned
How the hell did you level up so much! I don't think I'm even level 100 yet and been playing it nearly every day, beat all the story quests now, just going back doing each one to get all the challenges done for each level.

The Zootopia event gave a ton of lux. I went from level 132 to 200 in under three hours.

CRS

Yeah definitely, but usually against microtransactions, though in this case it's KH, which is possibly my favourite series and..a sephiroth medal was possible to obtain ;).

I grinded a lot the first 150 or so levels; A lot of guilting and getting Three Mickeys on Story Quests. The rest was the Queen Bee event. I went up 40 or so levels during those couple of weeks. I would spend my AP on Dailies/Exp Medals, and would do the event to level up and refill my AP bar. Also, the double XP hours during the event also helped since I'm in a great party and always had Lvl 99 Raid Bosses. Our group barely missed top 3 Unicornis the second week of the event and got 4th unfortunately but was still a solid effort.

Not gonna be able to pull dem epics this round, just gonna have to accept my role as a pleb.

At least I got a sephy shared by my rich friends. Thanks Tiddy <3.

edit: and Zache with dat Sora+Pals!

Ilvocare

Yeah...they really dont give out enough free orbs/coins so one shitty 10 pulls means you are off the grid for at least a month or so. Also it doesnt seem like they give out more orbs for reaching login milestones like other days...or do you get somethings pecial for 50 or 100 days ? Doesnt look like it.

At 50 days you get a whopping 100 extra jewels. Thassit.

EDIT: I mean in addition with the other jewels you get that day, obviously.

cw_sasuke

At 50 days you get a whopping 100 extra jewels. Thassit.

EDIT: I mean in addition with the other jewels you get that day, obviously.

Ouch...considering what we get daily you should get at least 500 or 1k per Milestone. A bit sad.
Thinking about it, it's pretty much a stronger Magic-type KH Cloud with the ability to go to 100% guilt. That's pretty awesome.

Yeah, considering the medals available right now that is exactly the type magical medals global needs right now.

Ala Alba

Decided to do a ten pull, even though I was mostly satisfied with my current medals (playing casually). I has hoping for that Sora and pals for some nice magic-based single target damage.

Instead I got Sephiroth, 2 CoM Rikus, 2 KH Aeriths, another Leon and some junk.

Can't complain.

There are few (if any) US gacha games that are as generous as their JP counterparts. I can only imagine is cultural gaming.
I'm guessing Japanese players probably throw ten times the amount of cash into these things (at least).

Terra Battle has generally been 1:1 with the Japanese version.

Malyse

I'm still playing the JP version cause they keep spoiling us. I got a 3000 jewel login bonus. What.

I just hope we get the purple gummy raid boss event soon. Love that thing.

I have 3000 medals again and the new bonus pull is not very interesting.

The Goofy Avatar Board is almost tempting given the Defense Boost II (it's still pretty expensive though).

Otherwise my plan would be to grab another board (or two) with some Cost bonuses, pump my inventory up a few more times (to help with the current event) and use what's left for Daily Pulls, I guess.

I have a feeling that a Defense Boost is an essential though, and I am currently lacking one.

Tirod

So I did 4 more pulls in addition to the one I did at midnight, and fared a bit better.

Have a 3 orb Queen, got Hades as well as Pain and Panic, and even ended up with a 3 star Hag. So I cleaned up the Reverse medals (BAR SEPHIROTH).

No Kairi, Namine, or Alice which bums me out. Got quite a few Donald Bs and 2 more KHII Rikus. Gonna level up/clean out my medal list before I do another pull.

Psxphile

Only 10 jewels away from doing a 10-pull. It'd be my first in weeks. Was really going to just do the 3-pulls from now on but the limited time bullshit has got me thinking this will be my only shot at Sephy. Really more interested in Namine and getting support medals beside my lone DiZ, though.

Got my first Adamantite but going to hold off on using it until I know what Reverse medals (if any) I get.

chrono01

My three ten-pulls (bold characters as being new):

#1:

- KH Aerith
- Dr. Jumba Jookiba
- KH II Riku
- The Queen
- Simba
- Dumbo
- Hag

- Olette
- KH II Cloud
- Hades

#2:

- KH II Riku
- Olette
- KH Sora Ver. B
- The Queen
- Donald Ver. B
- Donald Ver. A
- Limit Form Sora
- DiZ
- Tifa
- Alice

#3:

- Simba
- Pence
- Daisy
- Genie
- Young Hercules
- Olette
- Hercules
- KH II Black Coat Riku
- KH Sora Ver. A
- KH II Kairi

Eh...no Sephiroth, Sora and Pals, or Namine. No KH Cloud either (who I still need), pretty disappointed. Honestly, the game as a whole isn't impressing me much (the story is non-existent) and these pulls aren't helping. I've been saving my jewels for a long time and didn't get much out of them. :/

Any active GAF parties still going on? Vulpes.

My luck with random parties is that they seem to die off after a week, I kind of want a chance to bop some raid bosses.

I'll amend my "don't buy extra storage" rule to "don't buy extra storage until a half off sale"
Was that a thing in the Japanese version?

Even if it was, there's no guarantee that we'll get it.

Anyway, I think it would be very difficult to have much breathing room without bumping up to 100 slots (or 125 for events like the current one, if you want to max them out without paying to open the Daily Events).

Faiz

Was that a thing in the Japanese version?

Even if it was, there's no guarantee that we'll get it.

Anyway, I think it would be very difficult to have much breathing room without bumping up to 100 slots (or 125 for events like the current one, if you want to max them out without paying to open the Daily Events).

I've been doing ok with only 75. It's a little tight sometimes but not terrible.

I've been doing ok with only 75. It's a little tight sometimes but not terrible.
That's where I was until I decided to try to Guilt some of the common/farmable medals.

It is weird though, the way I view the game is that medals simply get outclassed, there's no reason to keep much of anything that doesn't have a bigger power number. So yeah, at a basic level you don't need a lot of extra inventory space. But if you do decide to play around with building up anything farmable, you suddenly need A LOT of extra space (unless you pay to open up the weekly special).

I'm still going to slowly tick mine up (well, maybe not so slowly once I figure out how many evolve medals I need to stash to Guilt the Snow White and Dwarves medals). Even if it ends up being empty space, it'll be nice to be able to have evolve and EXP medals in storage for when I return to Daily Draws so I don't have to wait out a seven day cycle to get everything I need to bump up any new hotness.

Plus, with a hundred free jewels a day, it isn't that expensive.

SoulUnison

Banned
I'm at the previous maximum of 300 slots and it's still not enough.

When you're trying to stockpile certain types of medals so that you don't always have to wait for the Daily Special Quest you need to roll around again, you have very, very little breathing room.

Even just trying to keep the top-tier EXP Medals and a generous handful of each type of Evolve medal constantly brushes you up against the limit.

Faiz

That's where I was until I decided to try to Guilt some of the common/farmable medals.

It is weird though, the way I view the game is that medals simply get outclassed, there's no reason to keep much of anything that doesn't have a bigger power number. So yeah, at a basic level you don't need a lot of extra inventory space. But if you do decide to play around with building up anything farmable, you suddenly need A LOT of extra space (unless you pay to open up the weekly special).

I'm still going to slowly tick mine up (well, maybe not so slowly once I figure out how many evolve medals I need to stash to Guilt the Snow White and Dwarves medals). Even if it ends up being empty space, it'll be nice to be able to have evolve and EXP medals in storage for when I return to Daily Draws so I don't have to wait out a seven day cycle to get everything I need to bump up any new hotness.

Plus, with a hundred free jewels a day, it isn't that expensive.

It's true that things would go faster if I had more but I'm ok with my progress so far. I have 4 or 5 guilted farmables, two that I've rerolled, and only a few steps from guilting Snow White.

Basically at this point I want to save for avatar boards and not miss out on pulling for future premium medals like I did this time :/.

Famassu

Did my first 3000 jewel 10 pack draw ever in hopes of Sephiroth or other villains and at least 2 good magic medals and as per my usually shitty luck it was a pretty horrible draw and I got none of that. Lightyears away from some of the draws you peeps have been posting here. I guess KH1 Cloud is real good but I certainly wasn't lacking in my Power department so that's a relatively useless medal atm when my magic medal collection is so bad. I only get by with my 6* KHII Mickey and str buffer Vivi. Without those I'd be in some serious trouble in blue requiring missions.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Man Apple is SO much better for IAP issues than Google. I bought some jewels, but I had to verify the card info before the purchase would go through. I went through and verified my card, made the purchase, but the jewels never showed up. I contacted Apple and explained that I actually wanted to buy the jewels, but didn't want to pay twice. 12 hours turn around and got my refund so I can buy jewels still. So nice to not have to write my life stir and hope and pray for resolution.

Top Bottom