• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

c-murph

AP is unlocked through the Avatar Boards.

I would suggest unlocking the first two nodes on each board (should be one AP and one Cost) and moving on, unless you really want costume parts.

Story Quests give you 150 jewels every five levels, it is finite, but it should fuel you well at the start.

Ten pulls are generally a gyp (less so when there's a guaranteed "epic" medal, but eh), stick to Daily Draws for the most part.

Oh? Why are ten pulls a gyp? I just did one and got 5* Alice and a bunch of 3* and a couple 4* medals. Still learning exactly what the medals do and all. I assume its basically like rarity in FFRK.

RalchAC

Oh? Why are ten pulls a gyp? I just did one and got 5* Alice and a bunch of 3* and a couple 4* medals. Still learning exactly what the medals do and all. I assume its basically like rarity in FFRK.

If you do 5 daily pulls (3000 jewels) you will get 15 medals for the price of 10.

So it's better.

Kinsei

Banned

Any medal can be upgraded to 6* so stars don't matter. The reason it is a gyp i because if you save up and do 4 daily pulls you'll get 12 medals for 2400 jewels. Ideally you will only want to do 10 pulls when there's a medal you can only get from it (like the Sephiroth and Sora and Pals medals that are only available in 10 pulls until Friday and then they'll most likely be gone forever).

Daily Draws net you five extra medals for the same price (over the course of five days).

Rarity is meaningless, 1★ medals can be upgrade to 6★.

Ten pull is not worthless though, there's generally a bonus for it. This week, for example, you are guaranteed one "epic" medal (which are typically very good) and a chance for Sephiroth or Sora and Pals, which are only available there (aka it's carrot to dangle in front of gullible Final Fantasy VII fans to cash out, haha).

My suggestion is to Daily Draw while you are starting out so you can spread out your collection of medals. Once you approach "end game," you are in a better position to sit on jewels to gamble with such carrots.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Great! I'm on Vulpes, though. Gonna have to wait until tomorrow to transfer because of the rankings :(

Sounds like a plan - sucks that you have to spend orbs to transfer Unions though. Dont know if there is another active Vulpes GAF group looking for members right now.

You can post your ID here or just send me a PM once you moved to Unicorn.

How did I do?

My Mickey will be at 4 dots when I can get this new one to 6*. Inching ever closer to guilt.

This will be my first dot for KHII Cloud. The rest are all new. I hope I can beef up my current teams (Red Green Blue) with these.

Kinsei

Banned
How did I do?

My Mickey will be at 4 dots when I can get this new one to 6*. Inching ever closer to guilt.

This will be my first dot for KHII Cloud. The rest are all new. I hope I can beef up my current teams (Red Green Blue) with these.

Hades and the Hag are pretty good. If I were you I'd use your Adamantite on Three Wishes.

RalchAC

I have 3000 gems, but I'm not sure if it's worth to pull right now.

Currently I have:

Power:

Cloud (KH1 and 2 version), Riku (Black Cloack and KH1), Leon, DiZ, Phil, a guilted farmable Goofy, Knight Goofy, Mushu, Valor Form Sora, guilted Wakka.

Speed:

KH2 Sora (A and B), Tidus, Mulan, Stitch, guilted farmable Sora, Aladdin,

Magic:

Vivi, Leon, Auron, freebie Mickey, Wisdom Form Sora, guilted Yuna, Magician Donald and Tinkerbell.

I mean, I know Sora and Pals and Sephiroth are leaving the Gacha pool to never come back. But I don't have that many medals and I feel I have a good enough selection right now and it'll be smarter to just wait until the pool is bigger and there is a smaller chance to pull dupes.

What do you guys think?

I have 3000 gems, but I'm not sure if it's worth to pull right now.

Currently I have:

Power:

Cloud (KH1 and 2 version), Riku (Black Cloack and KH1), Leon, DiZ, Phil, a guilted farmable Goofy, Knight Goofy, Mushu, Valor Form Sora, guilted Wakka.

Speed:

KH2 Sora (A and B), Tidus, Mulan, Stitch, guilted farmable Sora, Aladdin,

Magic:

Vivi, Leon, Auron, freebie Mickey, Wisdom Form Sora, guilted Yuna, Magician Donald and Tinkerbell.

I mean, I know Sora and Pals and Sephiroth are leaving the Gacha pool to never come back. But I don't have that many medals and I feel I have a good enough selection right now and it'll be smarter to just wait until the pool is bigger and there is a smaller chance to pull dupes.

What do you guys think?

Your medals seem solid enough for the time being, so it probably wouldn't be an awful idea to save your jewels in case one of the next events turns out to be crazy good. Your Power selection in particular is pretty nice, so it really doesn't need any urgent help. That being said, the current event has been really great (for me at least), so I think there are far worse ways you could spend your jewels. You would have a decent chance at walking away with some really useful medals, which could help strengthen your Speed and Magic pools (bonus points for the two premium medals being in those categories).

Malyse

It's fun how they made starlight match Sora's forms.
Two magic: Wisdom, Final
One power: Valor
Two speed: Master, Limit

Kinsei

Banned
It'll be nice that Lux and the coliseum will actually mean something again this week. Hopefully it gets more people in my party playing cause it's pretty much dead right now. Most people haven;t even reached quest 200 yet.

SoulUnison

Banned
Wow, we reached two million downloads already? This might be the first gacha game where there's no event, reward, or celebration for reaching download milestones.

This game is depressingly aggressive with its microtransactions and whale-hunting.
You even get that "$15.99 Special!" pop-up almost every time you launch the game.

It's really, really gross, actually. Especially considering how fair and unobtrusive Final Fantasy Record Keeper is, and how Kingdom Hearts skews toward younger kids.

It actually disheartens me to the point that I'm not sure I want to keep playing, and Kingdom Hearts is possibly my favorite series and I was waiting for KHX to launch with baited breath.

cw_sasuke

Maybe 2 mil isn't a huge enough deal.

2m is a big deal, they are just more greedy when it comes to the NA version - just look at the amount of daily orbs we get. Their goal right now is probably to see how little we can invest while still making money...why do more than needed ? They can still be more generous down the line if they need to.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
2m is a big deal, they are just more greedy when it comes to the NA version - just look at the amount of daily orbs we get. Their goal right now is probably to see how little we can invest while still making money...why do more than needed ? They can still be more generous down the line if they need to.
This was Japan before
rpiu2ap.png

Psxphile

Huh. They added the second Adamantite quest. Oddly enough, neither of the two quests get the half-AP treatment for Mondays.

Before their Daily Rewards got revamped. Now I believe it's 100/100/200/200/300 Jewels.

I was wondering if they ever changed/updated the Daily Rewards over there, considering it's been out for a year. Fingers crossed we might see that change over here someday. If that Japanese video is any indication, they're going to have to do something before quest difficulty completely locks out F2Pers.

RalchAC

Maybe 2 mil isn't a huge enough deal.

Considering they've only launched in the US, I'd say it's quite a big deal.

I don't know why they're waiting. Do you guys think they want to localise the game in EFIGS before the Global launch?

I can't find another reason why they're taking sooooo long.

SoulUnison

Banned
I only get that pop-up once a week.

Huh. I get it at *least* every other time I launch the game, often on several consecutive launches.
Maybe you have a newer phone than me, though. One that keeps the game in memory better.

If I do pretty much anything else on my phone I have to start from the splash screens, the title screen and the Notices screen all over again, every time.

(iPhone 5s)

Kinsei

Banned
I decided to do a second 10 pull in the hopes of Sephiroth and/or Namine but no luck. It certainly wasn't a bad pull though, I got a KH2 Kairi, Aladdin, Hag, and some fusion fodder for to add dots to some of my strongest medals like KH2 Black Coat Riku and KH Cloud. I think I'll hold off on doing any pulls again until the next premium medal(s) become available or Namine becomes a necessity to progress.

Huh. I get it at *least* every other time I launch the game, often on several consecutive launches.
Maybe you have a newer phone than me, though. One that keeps the game in memory better.

If I do pretty much anything else on my phone I have to start from the splash screens, the title screen and the Notices screen all over again, every time.

(iPhone 5s)

Maybe. I'm on a Galaxy 4s.

Lnds500

Does the JP version give better medals from standard missions letter on or are we gonna be stuck with the same basic selection?

The Hag is so good. I hit over 15k with her and she's not even 6* yet.

That's exciting to hear, I've been working on leveling mine up so I'm glad to know she's worth the effort. At this point it seems like my Magic team is miles ahead of my Power and Speed medals, and every pull I make only reinforces that.

cw_sasuke

I dont think i will be able to get to 3K Orbs in the next 3days...sitting at 2.5k now....can you get Namine and Sora+Friend through regular pulls or are they 10 pull exclusive like Sephiroth ?

I dont think i will be able to get to 3K Orbs in the next 3days...sitting at 2.5k now....can you get Namine and Sora+Friend through regular pulls or are they 10 pull exclusive like Sephiroth ?

I think Sora and Pals is exclusive to this deal like Sephiroth, but Namine should be available in other pulls.

Kinsei

Banned

Namine is like the other epic medals so she's available through regular pulls and will stick around once the current deal ends. Sora and Pals is a premium like Sephiroth so it is exclusive to the 10 pull and it will be gone once the current deal ends.

eefara

You even get that "$15.99 Special!" pop-up almost every time you launch the game.

You know, now that I think about it, I haven't seen that pop-up since I purchased the special back around when the game launched. Only did it once, but I haven't seen the pop up since.

You know, now that I think about it, I haven't seen that pop-up since I purchased the special back around when the game launched. Only did it once, but I haven't seen the pop up since.

I also it every time I start the game like SoulUnison. I wonder if it keeps popping up until you actually buy the special, even if it's only once.

Malyse

Just so you know, everything before Mission 400 is the pre-title screen prologue. You know, how right before the plot starts in any given KH the name of game pops up? That's mission 400 in Unchained.
lol

Top Bottom