• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Tirod

No you aren't. Difficult isn't the word. Unfair is the word.

Tho' I'm really wanting that Illustrated Ventus.

Oh, I'm sure I'll curse the game later but outside of hitting a wall in Coliseum, all I'm really doing is swiping, using 1/2 gauge specials, and earning munny.

I could do with my ass being served to me on a silver platter lol. Will reinvigorate me to level up some medals or experiment with status effect combos.

Still can't decide if worth guilting 6* snow white/dwarf or settling for full orbing 5*. Need to make 2 6* anyway for those delicious chipmunks.

Malyse

Isn't this technically possible with a bunch of status effect medals and some luck? Unless the enemies become immune to them later on.
There are plenty of status immune enemies. There are also plenty of "LOLNO you're not getting this in a one turn, dandelion" super bosses. And you can't stay at level one. That's literally impossible.

----

JP ranking is no joke. I got 2 million lux in the first 15 minutes of the week and could barely break 10k rank.

Tirod

Need to know who Sora's pals are before I get super excited.

Sephiroth is cool though, is he a premium limited medal? Push notification didn't say (only mentioned Epic Medal Carnival) and there's no notice in game yet.

Primus

Need to know who Sora's pals are before I get super excited.

Sephiroth is cool though, is he a premium limited medal? Push notification didn't say (only mentioned Epic Medal Carnival) and there's no notice in game yet.

Sephiroth is Premium, be interesting to see if he's in the pool for one or two weeks.

Playtime's over, children. The real work begins.

Tirod

Sephiroth is Premium, be interesting to see if he's in the pool for one or two weeks.

Playtime's over, children. The real work begins.

I never liked my money just sitting in my checking account anyways.

...Please add the daily jewel challenge again SE.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
My favorite part of JP is still on day 1 when servers or something was fucked for a long time and they threw 3000 at everyone.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Competition in Japan got f2p games is nuts... you have to be that generous to even have a leg to stand on against all other games. Also the players spent way more on mobile games so developers can justify those kind of events.

Looking forward to Sephirot.....can Premium medals only be pulled via a 10 pull or also with Dailys?

There are few (if any) US gacha games that are as generous as their JP counterparts. I can only imagine is cultural gaming.

Spelunker World (also run by SE!) gets the exact same everything as the Japanese version, though that's definitely the only example I can think of.

Falk

that puzzling face
NHkFGHVl.png

Okay game, yeah sure, if you wanna give me that many I'm not going to say no.

pzfutr6l.png

I hate this game

Primus

Looking forward to Sephirot.....can Premium medals only be pulled via a 10 pull or also with Dailys?

JPBF it's only the 10-pulls that have any shot at the Premium medals. Until we get ours in 2 hours, I'm not making any predictions on what will happen.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Competition in Japan got f2p games is nuts... you have to be that generous to even have a leg to stand on against all other games. Also the players spent way more on mobile games so developers can justify those kind of events.

I don't think Japan has ever had dailys like the West...

Tirod

Skimmed through the notice. There doesn't appear to be a guaranteed Sephiroth after x amount of pulls. It's all up to luck.

Did 1 pull and got zero reverse or upright medals.

FIRST PULL SEPHIROTH!!!!!!!

I may or may not be super jealous. Let me try to import my sorry pic lol.

Too lazy to hook up phone; no .png for you.

CRS

Reversed Medals and More Epic Medals!

CMz1FHt.jpg

The forces of darkness arrive with the light! Reversed Medals are here to join the fight!

Starting today, Upright Medals, the allies of the light, are now joined by Reversed Medals, villains who will lend you their dark powers!

We also have a big batch of Epic Medals for you! See below for a list, and scroll down further to read about our Epic Medal Carnival, which will be your best shot at getting these!

XeMdU2U.png

7ETF9GT.png

G6wwaLg.jpg

There will also be 3 villains added to the standard pool of Medals available to you! These medals will start at 3★ and will have a maximum Special Attack Bonus of 2.

0hVTsA9.png

bUMYiUW.jpg

This deal will guarantee you at least 1 Epic Medal, which could be one of the new Epic Reversed or Upright Medals listed above!

In addition, the coveted Sephiroth and Illustrated Sora & Pals Medals can only be found in this deal!

These are extra-rare Medals with a maximum Special Attack Bonus of level 4, and are only available during limited periods such as this week's Epic Medal Carnival, so don’t miss out!

Here are all of the current Epic Medals, of which at least 1 is guaranteed in the pack!

Sephiroth
Illustrated Sora & Pals
Cerberus
Pain & Panic
Hades
Alice
KH CoM Naminé
Pinocchio
Black Coat King Mickey
Zack
Aladdin
KH II Kairi
KH CoM Black Coat Riku
Final Form Sora

No mention of the guarantee if you buy 10 pulls.

Tidd

Reversed Medals and More Epic Medals!

No mention of the guarantee if you buy 10 pulls.

Which isn't that strange because Japan got this after 8? premium medals. The biggest news is that we get two premium medals at once. (Sephiroth and Sora & Pals)

And after reading your post I just realized how crazy my pull was. O.O I got 4 of the guaranteed epic medals. HOLY SHIT!!!! RIP my luck for everything else in this game.

Insane, congrats man!

Thanks! :D

Jesus that pull. Wtf. I hate you.

grats!

I know! Sephiroth blended me that much that I didn't care about the other medals. And thanks.

Didn't they give Sora and Pals to everyone for free in Japan?

It looks like this wasn't a premium medal.

SoulUnison

Banned
Didn't they give Sora and Pals to everyone for free in Japan?

God, the more I hear about how we're being handled compared to how Japan has it, the more depressed and cynical I get.

I mean, I don't know what I really expected, I guess, but I hate seeing a kingdom Hearts game be such a calculated, manipulative cash grind.
I always play 100% F2P in these mobile games, and KHx is probably the first one I've played personally that's really made me feel like it's not even being subtle about how if I want to have a chance, I need to fork over money.

Primus

Three 10-pulls, no Sephiroth or Namine. Got three Black Suit Mickeys and a handful of other decents, and two Timeless River Petes.

Going to buy a weekly unlock package after reset on Sunday, and will try another 10-pull then.

LAA

FIRST PULL SEPHIROTH!!!!!!!

Same! Though I feel bad spending money in this game :(
Got the hag medal too, but not so keen on that.
Got two KH Cloud medals too, but already have a level 6 cloud medal, so gonna have to use them to upgrade the skill for it, which will take a while...

Did a pull, no Seph for me. I did get Hades who seems pretty good, plus two more Minnies and another Final Form Sora. I still have a bunch of jewels to get from story quests, so I'll work on this and buy a weekly unlock next week for two more pulls.

Tirod

Well instead of indulging in my own salt, gave the Adamantite Quest a go...

It was actually really easy. Did it in one shot.

This was my medal set-up. Used a party member's 24% guilted Stitch as well, but it didn't even need the guilt bonus to take down the boss with the health pool it had (trash mob pools were bigger and I still one turned theme).

Not gonna lie though, the challenge that requires the Three Wishes keyblade might be rather dire, my magic is terribad.

Top Bottom