• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

CRS

Wow, just started this today and it's pretty neat. There's some solid strategy in managing your types and special meter to get all of the one turn kills. So I do have a question, with those upgrade medals, does the type matter? Will a strength upgrade medal give more exp to a strength medal?
Correct.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Wow, just started this today and it's pretty neat. There's some solid strategy in managing your types and special meter to get all of the one turn kills. So I do have a question, with those upgrade medals, does the type matter? Will a strength upgrade medal give more exp to a strength medal?

Which Union are you in ? If you are in Unicorn i can send you an invite to our group.

Ilvocare

Technically you came up with the same joke I did - just with a more overt explanation!

but that makes me an unoriginal poser oh noooooooooo

In other news, I'm trying to get White and the Dwarves to 6*. I'll guilt the former but not the latter. Just need those Chip and Dales so I can beef up my heavy hitters some more. Unfortunately, this means I'm unable to have enough space to try for a 10-pull, and time's almost up.

So should I open up 10 more slots to safely pull now? Or wait until the last minute and focus on the event medals until then?

Psxphile

Yep. Guilted every free medal except for the Twilight Town kids and Jiminy.

Same. Well, I mean, mostly.

6F3p1qX.jpg

"Psx, what are you doing?"
"Playing Unchained."
"It's 4 o'clock in the morning. Why on earth are you playing Unchained?"
"Because I've lost control of my life."

CRS

Same. Well, I mean, mostly.

"Psx, what are you doing?"
"Playing Unchained."
"It's 4 o'clock in the morning. Why on earth are you playing Unchained?"
"Because I've lost control of my life."
Nice. Hope you got decent Guilt %s. Cause I sure as hell didn't.

Psxphile

Nice. Hope you got decent Guilt %s. Cause I sure as hell didn't.

Not really. Averaged around 18% on most of those Tier 1s. Pence managed 23%, which is some kinda giant 'fuck you' if I've ever seen one since I'll never use him. Snow White did hit 49% on the first try so that was nice.

I decided to give the level 140 power quest a shot.

Yay!

There was a close call though.

Here was my setup.

Nice! What was your friend medal?

I was able to do it with Vivi/6*KH2 Mickey/Auron/6^Wisdom Sora/6*CoM Riku (with Attack Boost 2) and a friend's Minnie (with poison). It took a bit of restarting to get the poison to activate against the first enemy, but I was able to pull it off.

Kinsei

Banned
Nice! What was your friend medal?

I was able to do it with Vivi/6*KH2 Mickey/Auron/6^Wisdom Sora/6*CoM Riku (with Attack Boost 2) and a friend's Minnie (with poison). It took a bit of restarting to get the poison to activate against the first enemy, but I was able to pull it off.

6* Wisdom Sora with attack boost 1.

Ilvocare

I assume we get the Snow White chipmunk medals a the end of event?

Yup, that's what the notice says. They have to be in your inventory by the end of the event.

So don't sell or sacrifice them before then.

EDIT: Reminder that the 7 Dwarves have their own 'munks to get, too.

9teen8485

Neo Member
Wait wait wait I should keep my 6 star 7 dwarves and Snow White for now? Was about to sell them off or use them as leveling fodder but...

Is there any reason to keep medals that are okay but you'd never use them? Like, I got Simba in a pull recently but my power medals are pretty decent so i don't really need him. Is there something I can use it for later? Should I just use it as EXP fodder? i don't really like getting rid of medals I get in pulls if they're rare-ish.

Is there any reason to keep medals that are okay but you'd never use them? Like, I got Simba in a pull recently but my power medals are pretty decent so i don't really need him. Is there something I can use it for later? Should I just use it as EXP fodder? i don't really like getting rid of medals I get in pulls if they're rare-ish.

At the very least you might want to pump them up to 6* for your album. After that I don't think there's any huge reason to keep them around other than personal preference.

CRS

How far did you guys get in the Coliseum? Tier 10: Level 35 here

Hopefully they realized that having to reach 300 to finish the 3rd board is fucking insane.

Falk

that puzzling face
Yep. Guilted every free medal except for the Twilight Town kids and Jiminy.

cGJaLvbl.png

It's not too late.

don't, they're shit and there actually are better boost medals now in the game unlike when it first launched

Kinsei

Banned
How far did you guys get in the Coliseum? Tier 10: Level 35 here

Hopefully they realized that having to reach 300 to finish the 3rd board is fucking insane.

Tier 10 round 10. I'm hoping to reach 55+ and hopefully secure a top 100 spot.

CRS

You're talking about last month, right? I got to like 37 or something, yeah.

Oh yeah, meant last month, lol.

Edit:

So for the third Coliseum board, need to reach Round 60 to get past the first node. (This is under the assumption that we get 10 Coins per Round)

l o l

Lnds500

Can someone explain how the defence attribute works?

The way I understand it, defence is your resistance against incoming attacks (duh) but does it matter which of my medals has it, or is it calculated as long as it's equipped??

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Can someone explain how the defence attribute works?

The way I understand it, defence is your resistance against incoming attacks (duh) but does it matter which of my medals has it, or is it calculated as long as it's equipped??

Assuming you're talking about the stat Defense and not the skill, your total Def is equal to the sum of all the Def stats on your medals. So if you have 2 medals, one with 5000 Def and one with 10 Def, your total is 5010.

The skill Def Boost I/II has a chance to proc when you receive damage as long as someone on your team (including your friend) has the skill. Boost I reduces your damage to 50%, Boost II reduces your damage to 33%.

Hahaha I just noticed you have to get to round 60 of tier 10 just to get the first medal on the bonus board. Might as well not even be there for like 90% of players.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Man, BC Mickey makes a lot of the early Coliseum stuff crazy easy. About to finish T9, hitting for ~30k with my DiZ active.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Yeah just got two Cheshire Cats from a raid. So there's special events on the weekends to get them?

Psxphile

Yeah just got two Cheshire Cats from a raid. So there's special events on the weekends to get them?

Yeah, on Friday you can get Chesire Cats and Merlins.
On Sat & Sun you can get Fairy Godmother, Yen Sid and Sorcerer Micky.

In addition to those last two, you need Three Good Fairy medals to evolve 4*s and 5*s, and the mission for those unlock on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.

They specifically scheduled all these special missions this way to make it more difficult to evolve medals en-masse unless you pay for the weekly unlock.

The person in this video also has 500 medal storage slots

I think they might be exploiting the game.

Nobody honestly spends that kind of money on this game right? Right? o_O
Jewel hacking isn't a thing. It's server-side and probably not something that can be accomplished with the usual APK hacking methods.

Not that I've looked into it or anything.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
The person in this video also has 500 medal storage slots

I think they might be exploiting the game.

Nobody honestly spends that kind of money on this game right? Right? o_O

The current #1 spot in coliseum has purchased over 1000 medals with jewels. BEST case scenario (3 pack for 600), that's over 200k gems. The best pack gives you 14,700 and costs $100. So math time!

200000/14700 = 13.6 packs

So let's call that 13 packs. That's $1300 on gems for medals ALONE. Not counting space, avatars, stamina refills...

I wouldn't be surprised if the number 1 spot right now is sitting at close to $3000 spent.

E: Of course, when I was playing PAD heavily, I spent a lot of money on gems. Of course, it was over 2-ish years of play. But still.

Zebei

The one week I decide im going to farm as much lux as I can to see how high I can get in the rankings my phone explodes. Nice. Im using my AP so inefficiently :(

That's $1300 on gems for medals ALONE. Not counting space, avatars, stamina refills...

Found the super whale
Monstro_KHBBSFM.png

Rootbeer

Banned
Jewel hacking isn't a thing.
Oh, okay. Well I heard a lot of talk about people exploiting the game and it having impact on faction rankings. I don't even know how legitimate those claims were, but they were widespread in the earlier weeks of this game's release.

But good to know it can't get them free currency.
I wouldn't be surprised if the number 1 spot right now is sitting at close to $3000 spent.
My, my, my. I guess my little $15 every few weeks really is small potatoes.

Mknzy

So I think it's time for me to start looking for a new party. I am on Unicorn, and my current party has a total of 2 active players. I am not a super hardcore player, but I do have all 300 story missions cleared, and am currently at level 105. In game name is Mknzy, ID 25954. If anyone has room for me, let me know and I will leave my current party. Thanks!

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Man what a bad day for KHX - first off im at 2760 Jewels so i wont make it to 3K Jewels with 50 and 100 Jewels being the next log-in rewards. I wouldnt have gotten him anyway but still wanted to at least try for Spehiroth or Sora Pals.

So i thought..well the event is ending soon so let gather a couple of Snow White units and guilt her up. HOLY SHIT...i didnt realize that there is a different upgrade mechanics for the event cards, I need like 30 units or so to get it done..and a bunch of evo materials. Right now there is nothing better to do. so i might still pull it off ...dont care about the Dwarves but i need Snow White guilted.

So I think it's time for me to start looking for a new party. I am on Unicorn, and my current party has a total of 2 active players. I am not a super hardcore player, but I do have all 300 story missions cleared, and am currently at level 105. In game name is Mknzy, ID 25954. If anyone has room for me, let me know and I will leave my current party. Thanks!
We got you man - sending you an invite.

Edit:

Or i will send you an invite once you leave your current squad.
Oh, nah I'm in the bear group.
Oh okay...i dont know if we have Bear GAF group - hmmm.

Top Bottom