• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Ilvocare

I had 4k medals and decided to pull today. I couldn't wait any longer and the grind for guilting White sucks.

Right off the bat, no Reverse medals, no Seph, no Sora+Pals.

My medals.

-5* BC Mickey!! Easily my happiest pull from the rest of what I got.
-5* Aladdin. AGAIN. Guess I can give him some SA help...
-5* Captain Goofy. This is truly bizarre. Feeding him into my current one gives me 3 complete pips! Like what. The base one has Defense Boost I, too...
-Dupe KH Aerith, can boost SA.
-Dupe Daisy, can boost SA.
-Dupe Bambi (with Defense Boost I, this pumps Bambi up to 3 pips too. Which I despise, I think Bambi's trash.)
-4* Pence. I'm selling him immediately.
-Dupe Simba, can boost SA.
-Dupe Goofy Ver. A, can boost SA.
-Dupe Donald Ver. B, who I can raise up to boost my currently equipped one's SA.

Really odd pull overall. I got one thing I wanted, but a bunch of other stuff that isn't necessarily TRASH... it's just not what I was hoping for, either.

xclk07

Yeah, on Friday you can get Chesire Cats and Merlins.
On Sat & Sun you can get Fairy Godmother, Yen Sid and Sorcerer Micky.

In addition to those last two, you need Three Good Fairy medals to evolve 4*s and 5*s, and the mission for those unlock on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.

Slight corrections- Cats (1 -> 2), Merlins (2 -> 3), and Godmothers (3 -> 4) are on Friday. Yen Sid (4 -> 5) and Micky (5 -> 6) are weekends.

And you only need TWO Good Fairy medals (of the correct color- red, green, or blue) to evolve 4 -> 5 and 5 -> 6.

SoulUnison

Banned
What's the most active GAF clan on Unicorn?

I run the "NeoGAF United" group, but it looks like every member except 5 of us, including me, have dropped the game since it came out.

Some people never even made it past Missions in the 20s and 30s.

Question if I put Sleep on Peter Pan and it trigger will the sleep effect of his attack activate or do I have to put someone ahead of him with sleep for the added damage to activate.

Kinsei

Banned
Question if I put Sleep on Peter Pan and it trigger will the sleep effect of his attack activate or do I have to put someone ahead of him with sleep for the added damage to activate.
You need to have someone ahead of him with sleep because sleep will only activate on a tap attack. If you use a swipe or special (and this goes for all three status effects) then it won't activate.

creid

What's the most active GAF clan on Unicorn?

I run the "NeoGAF United" group, but it looks like every member except 5 of us, including me, have dropped the game since it came out.

Some people never even made it past Missions in the 20s and 30s.
If you end up jumping let me know, I'm one of the few at 300/300 in your party.

Kinsei

Banned
I'm not sure where to post this and I don't think it's thread worthy but here's a tiny tiny footage leak of KH 2.8 I found on Reddit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOmD_QDB9Nw

Basically the only thing new is we get to see the front of Aqua with modern visuals. It seems real enough.

The one who posted it also said the end of the trailer had a release date. If this is real (and it looks like it) then the game will be coming out November 15th in NA.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Awesome... thanks to the new Missions I'll be able to 3k pull after all.

Incoming Disappointment in.. 3..2..

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Awesome... thanks to the new Missions I'll be able to 3k pull after all.

Incoming Disappointment in.. 3..2..

I was planning to buy jewels to do another pull, but I'm going to wait until tomorrow to see what the new deal is. Of course, I pulled Sephiroth and Sora & Pals, so I got the exclusives and am not at risk of missing them. :/

I saw a guy on Reddit who dropped 120k jewels and still didn't get Sephiroth. That's scary shit. SE needs to either add the "get the medal you want after x pulls" or make exclusive medals less exclusive...

Tidd

I was planning to buy jewels to do another pull, but I'm going to wait until tomorrow to see what the new deal is. Of course, I pulled Sephiroth and Sora & Pals, so I got the exclusives and am not at risk of missing them. :/

I saw a guy on Reddit who dropped 120k jewels and still didn't get Sephiroth. That's scary shit. SE needs to either add the "get the medal you want after x pulls" or make exclusive medals less exclusive...

If we follow the japanese schedule they will add it after a few premium medals. It's still 10 pulls for a guaranteed premium medal but it with 120k jewels it would be 4 Sephiroths. xD
I can totally see it that we will never get that. :(

Famassu

Is this 10 medals for 3000 jewels worth it?
Currently there is a small-ish chance to get Sephiroth, which should be on of the top tier medals in the game, from my understanding, so you might as well test your luck. Otherwise I'm not sure if it's worth it or if one should rather just keep buying the 600 jewel daily one.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

As Famassu alluded to, this 10-pull has exclusive (and very good) medals. You can't get Sephiroth or Sora & Pals in anything BUT the 10-pull. However, the rates on them seem to be astronomically low. Pull with caution. Of course, if you box is looking a bit slim in its current state, the 10-pull isn't the worst idea. There are some fantastic medals that were recently added (reverse, exclusives, Alice, etc), but you can pull all but the exclusives in the daily draws.

If you're F2P or stingy with your jewels, you might as well wait until tomorrow to see what the new "deal" will be.

It's your decision. I saved my jewels over regularly pulling dailies so my medal pool was looking a bit weak. I pulled the ten medals, got a limited Sora & Pals and Hades, and now my magic medals are significantly strengthened as a result. If your medals look fine and you want a different limited medal in the future, just save, I guess.

Ugh... The game is taking forever to load on my phone for some reason. I already got my login bonus (though haven't claimed it from my prize box yet) because it stays loading on the party screen.

Wait it out or just reinstall the game?

I'm on an iPhone 6S+.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
So i just beat the 310 Boss - which put me over 3K Jewels to still try to get Sephi or Sora Pals. Honestly i didnt expect much because my last 10 pulls for BC Micky were a disaster.

screenshot_2016-06-02x0s36.png

Well....needless to say how happy i am about that outcome.
Funny part is
Ava Pugs Cloud medal
destroys
Cloud
Fixed,

was able to One Shot him on my first try.

Faiz

Grats Sasuke!

I'll finally be able to try for them hopefully today as well... But I have to get through 325 to get all the jewels available today...

RalchAC

I didn't know why had got extra Story quests.

So i just beat the 310 Boss - which put me over 3K Jewels to still try to get Sephi or Sora Pals. Honestly i didnt expect much because my last 10 pulls for BC Micky were a disaster.

Well....needless to say how happy i am about that outcome.

Fixed,

was able to One Shot him on my first try.

Nice to see my party buddies getting good drops!

God bless whoever that is that shares his guilted KH1 cloud cause that last blow was able to barely beat him on the first turn.

edit: What Sasuke said

Ava Pug is our hero lol.

Tidd

Minnie is SOOO good for the coliseum. She is carrying me on Tier 10 so far. Made it to round 26. Everyone around my place has guilted epic medals and I'm just using curaga to climb up the stairs. :D

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Minnie is SOOO good for the coliseum. She is carrying me on Tier 10 so far. Made it to round 26. Everyone around my place has guilted epic medals and I'm just using curaga to climb up the stairs. :D

I'm working on getting my Minnie to max level 5*, as well as Alice to debuff when necessary. I'm not sure how far into coliseum I want to go...I'm already into T10, and the rewards for progressing further don't look worth it. I'd rather go back and finish all the objectives that I'm missing and maxing my 3* and 4* medals.

I'm working on getting my Minnie to max level 5*, as well as Alice to debuff when necessary. I'm not sure how far into coliseum I want to go...I'm already into T10, and the rewards for progressing further don't look worth it. I'd rather go back and finish all the objectives that I'm missing and maxing my 3* and 4* medals.

Just do it for the rankings. I want those two defense boost 2s!
so I can not use them lol
. I'm aiming for top 1000 since there is no way on earth I'm actually getting in the top 100.

Small detail I noticed: Snow White's SA name changed from "Cura II" to "Cura & Esuna." I guess they thought it may have been confusing players?

My first post in this thread, but are these special medals (Sephiroth + Sora & Pals) truly only available now, or are they likely to come back at a later point?

Also, any chance at a method to cheese guilt? Like screwing with the connection so you can keep retrying?

Faiz

My first post in this thread, but are these special medals (Sephiroth + Sora & Pals) truly only available now, or are they likely to come back at a later point?

Also, any chance at a method to cheese guilt? Like screwing with the connection so you can keep retrying?

They are only available now. I don't think any premium medals have been rereleased in JP so we can only believe that will be the case in the NA release as well.

RalchAC

This month the Coliseum rewards are really good though. So it wouldn't be a bad idea trying to get to the top5000 or something like that.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
This month the Coliseum rewards are really good though. So it wouldn't be a bad idea trying to get to the top5000 or something like that.

You're right - the rewards weren't updated last time I looked.

Round 17 down, only like 80+ more to go :lol

creid

The news doesn't explicitly say the medals will never be available again, so I'm wondering if they'll be a little more liberal with them in the global version of the game.

Top Bottom