• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

CRS

Got enough jewels from Story Quests and got to do my first pull of the event.

uv0mqpm.jpg

Pleasantly surprised. Really happy actually since my Magic was kinda lacking.

Primus

2 new 10-pull deals up to replace Seph & Sora&Pals.

The Daily Sweet Deal is back, this time with 2 guaranteed 5*s and a bonus of 3 Cids.

A new Wicked Deal, with a guaranteed 5* Reverse medal.

No word on if Sephiroth is included in the pool for either deal, but if JP is a marker he's gone forever.

Ilvocare

2 new 10-pull deals up to replace Seph & Sora&Pals.

The Daily Sweet Deal is back, this time with 2 guaranteed 5*s and a bonus of 3 Cids.

A new Wicked Deal, with a guaranteed 5* Reverse medal.

No word on if Sephiroth is included in the pool for either deal, but if JP is a marker he's gone forever.

Judging by the way the last deal emphasized how Seph and Sora+P were exclusive to that deal, there's absolutely no reason to expect Seph to be in this deal at all.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Got enough jewels from Story Quests and got to do my first pull of the event.

Pleasantly surprised. Really happy actually since my Magic was kinda lacking.
Very nice pull - congrats !!
Well mission 314 is unbeatable for me. :(

You can do it - you only need one subs with Defense I or II and maybe a healer to be extra safe. Only his first hit is that hard and you can take it if Defense Up procs...so yeah i got bodied as well on my first run but cleared it on my second. Also you wanna team up Sora Pal Medals if possible.

Lnds500

Does Paralysis/Poison/Sleep work with AOE attacks, special or otherwise?

Also, I am tempted from the avatar boards that need jewels. Are they worth spending jewels on when I don't buy jewel packs?

You can do it - you only need one subs with Defense I or II and maybe a healer to be extra safe. Only his first hit is that hard and you can take it if Defense Up procs...so yeah i got bodied as well on my first run but cleared it on my second. Also you wanna team up Sora Pal Medals if possible.

Thanks. I've put 2 Paralysis and 1 Defense Boost 1 medal on my Keyblade. I am grinding to raise their level and then I will attempt the mission again, see how it goes.

cw_sasuke

Does Paralysis/Poison/Sleep work with AOE attacks, special or otherwise?

Also, I am tempted from the avatar boards that need jewels. Are they worth spending jewels on when I don't buy jewel packs?

Thanks. I've put 2 Paralysis and 1 Defense Boost 1 medal on my Keyblade. I am grinding to raise their level and then I will attempt the mission again, see how it goes.

Paralysis/Poison/Sleep only work when you use regular non-special single target attacks - thats why you dont wanna put them on your main Special damage dealers or important boost/healer units if possible.

Leveling up the medals for this single Quest will take time - you should just start the quest and Ceberus, if nothing activates just close/kill the app and restart it...you will start at the beginning of the quest and can try again. Shouldnt take you more than 2-3 attempts tbh.

Lnds500

Paralysis/Poison/Sleep only work when you use regular non-special single target attacks - thats why you dont wanna put them on your main Special damage dealers or important boost/healer units if possible.

Leveling up the medals for this single Quest will take time - you should just start the quest and Ceberus, if nothing activates just close/kill the app and restart it...you will start at the beginning of the quest and can try again. Shouldnt take you more than 2-3 attempts tbh.

LOL, first try :p :D :D :D

CRS

The Premium Avatar Boards are essential just for the Cost Nodes. Need all of them if you ever plan on running all 6* medals in your Keyblades. And it's nice being able to run 1 5* and 4 6 * without being so dependent on Cids.

You might not need them now but you will in the future. If you're hurting on Cost for your Keyblades, buy one of the cheaper Boards. If not, just save your Jewels for a rainy day.

Lnds500

The Premium Avatar Boards are essential just for the Cost Nodes. Need all of them if you ever plan on running all 6* medals in your Keyblades. And it's nice being able to run 1 5* and 4 6 * without being so dependent on Cids.

You might not need them now but you will in the future. If you're hurting on Cost for your Keyblades, buy one of the cheaper Boards. If not, just save your Jewels for a rainy day.

Thanks! I am seriously thinking of buying one for 1500 - which isn't cheap, but will give me another 6★ medal spot.

Just curious, has the Japanese version ever added any more premium avatar boards that have cost nodes, or is 180 (181? I think someone said there's one extra cost node in a board you get at level 215 or something) the absolute max?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Just curious, has the Japanese version ever added any more premium avatar boards that have cost nodes, or is 180 (181? I think someone said there's one extra cost node in a board you get at level 215 or something) the absolute max?

183 is the absolute max I think. You get the last cost node at 220 or so.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Is it possible to look at a medal's description and tell if it's single target or multi target? Single target just seems so much worse, especially for one-turning fights.

Is it possible to look at a medal's description and tell if it's single target or multi target? Single target just seems so much worse, especially for one-turning fights.

The star icon next to ''special attack''. Small star= single target and large star within a circle=multi.

Both have their uses. Single target is much better nuking down high HP enemies.

cw_sasuke

LOL, first try :p :D :D :D

Like a Pro xD
I hit my wall in the coliseum, round 24. I just don't have any good AoE power medals to take out the soldiers.

Do you need much more than guilted Wakka, Goofy and Pain ? I havent played the later Coli stages yet but from what i have read its supposed to be tougher than before. If the farmables + boost arent enough i will also have issues.

You will need powerful Single Target specials to 1-turn Bosses - its all about managing the resources and having multiple options per team.

Kinsei

Banned
Like a Pro xD

Do you need much more than guilted Wakka, Goofy and Pain ? I havent played the later Coli stages yet but from what i have read its supposed to be tougher than before. If the farmables + boost arent enough i will also have issues.

You will need powerful Single Target specials to 1-turn Bosses - its all about managing the resources and having multiple options per team.

If you have two of the three guilted you should be fine. I was so close to doing it with my current set up.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I hit my wall in the coliseum, round 24. I just don't have any good AoE power medals to take out the soldiers.

25 is my current wall. I can take out the two Wizards, but the High Wizard is eating my lunch. I don't have any gauges left by the time I have to fight him.

Faiz

So on my crappy pull from last night, one of the things that was keeping my spirits up about it was getting an medal with Attack Boost All.

Turns out ABA isn't what I thought, and it's pretty useless except for some objectives they require it to trigger.

/sigh...

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So on my crappy pull from last night, one of the things that was keeping my spirits up about it was getting an medal with Attack Boost All.

Turns out ABA isn't what I thought, and it's pretty useless except for some objectives they require it to trigger.

/sigh...

It's not as bad as you might think.

Attack Boost All I = 1.2x damage on swipe
Attack Boost I = 1.2x damage on tap

Great for groups or multi target raid bosses. I wouldn't bother putting it on your special users, but Attack Boost All has situational uses (like Sleep and Paralysis).

Faiz

It's not as bad as you might think.

Attack Boost All I = 1.2x damage on swipe
Attack Boost I = 1.2x damage on tap

Great for groups or multi target raid bosses. I wouldn't bother putting it on your special users, but Attack Boost All has situational uses (like Sleep and Paralysis).

Attack Boost activates on everything. Tap, swipe, and special.

Attack Boost All activates ONLY on swipe. The only upshot is about 20% higher chance of activation. But no chance for it to go off on specials is not a satisfactory trade off.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Attack Boost activates on everything. Tap, swipe, and special.

Attack Boost All activates ONLY on swipe. The only upshot is about 20% higher chance of activation. But no chance for it to go off on specials is not a satisfactory trade off.

The higher chance of activation is one of the primary reasons it would be of situational use. I'm not saying it's an amazing skill, but it's far from useless. Lux Up would be the only "useless" skill IMHO (when we get it).

Faiz

The higher chance of activation is one of the primary reasons it would be of situational use. I'm not saying it's an amazing skill, but it's far from useless. Lux Up would be the only "useless" skill IMHO (when we get it).

The problem comes in where to assign it. If you need good aoe in a quest, you're going to take medals with aoe specials which won't be affected by AB All. Maybe you could put it on a medal that has a bad special but otherwise decent damage, though in that case I'd rather have defense boost, or even paralysis.

I mean... Ok, as a placeholder for AB, maybe AB All can slot in until you get an AB to replace it. It's certainly better than nothing when clearing low health zone trash.

In this case, it came on a Simba. I'd have to level the skill before transferring it to a medal I'd actually use. Feels like a huge waste of time.

Malyse

The star icon next to ''special attack''. Small star= single target and large star within a circle=multi.

Both have their uses. Single target is much better nuking down high HP enemies.

And lots of stars for random.

goMaki

I'm wondering if there is any active party on Unicornis that currently has an available spot for a very active player. It seems my current party is falling apart and the majority of it are all people that haven't played in over a month.

If anyone has an active party with room for me, I'd love to join. I haven't left my current party, as it is better than no party, but if there is room for me somewhere I would be happy to join.

In terms of status effects, how do you guys rank them? For me, it's:

Paralysis > Poison >>>>> Sleep

Paralysis can be useful anywhere, and even though it only works 50% of the time, the possibility of a completely free turn is what makes it better than the other two.

Poison is good for guaranteed damage on large HP enemies, but not all that useful otherwise. I'll probably change my tune when enemies start getting massive amounts of HP later on.

Sleep is extremely situational. It's only good for medals that get a strength boost from a sleeping enemy, having to deal with multiple enemies (and even then you're barred from using any AoE attack or else you wake them up), or if the last medal you have equipped activates it. It's basically a more reliable but more severely restricted version of Paralysis.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
The problem comes in where to assign it. If you need good aoe in a quest, you're going to take medals with aoe specials which won't be affected by AB All. Maybe you could put it on a medal that has a bad special but otherwise decent damage, though in that case I'd rather have defense boost, or even paralysis.

I mean... Ok, as a placeholder for AB, maybe AB All can slot in until you get an AB to replace it. It's certainly better than nothing when clearing low health zone trash.

In this case, it came on a Simba. I'd have to level the skill before transferring it to a medal I'd actually use. Feels like a huge waste of time.

You're not wrong. It's definitely more a situation of working with what you have. At this point, I have a 3* Simba with no skill. If my next Simba came with Attack Boost All I, I'd probably set it up to fuse the 3* into the one with the skill just to have it...However, I wouldn't go out of my way to fuse it off, no. That's just silly. It's by far the LEAST useful of the current skills. ;)

In terms of status effects, how do you guys rank them? For me, it's:

Paralysis > Poison >>>>> Sleep

Paralysis can be useful anywhere, and even though it only works 50% of the time, the possibility of a completely free turn is what makes it better than the other two.

Poison is good for guaranteed damage on large HP enemies, but not all that useful otherwise. I'll probably change my tune when enemies start getting massive amounts of HP later on.

Sleep is extremely situational. It's only good for medals that get a strength boost from a sleeping enemy, having to deal with multiple enemies (and even then you're barred from using any AoE attack or else you wake them up), or if the last medal you have equipped activates it. It's basically a more reliable but more severely restricted version of Paralysis.

I pretty much agree with you. Paralysis and Poison are about equal to me; Paralysis edges Poison out simply because when it lands AND procs, it buys you an entire turn. Poison can be amazing on high HP enemies which are more of an issue in coliseum.

I want Sleep to be better. Some medals boost damage to sleeping enemies (Tifa is 2.50-3.80 for 3 gauges), but because of the way Sleep works (enemy wakes back up), I don't bother utilizing Tifa. If that multiplier were something like 4.3-5.0, I'd care more. But medals that benefit from Sleep are too weak for what it does.

E: Paralysis saved my ass on Coliseum 26 earlier. I paralyzed the High Wizard like 4 times, so I was able to kill him and slowly recharge gauge in the process. It was rad.

Psxphile

Yeah, sleep is garbage unless it's the last slot. In any other slot, you run the risk of cancelling it out when you follow up. Decent for Coliseum use since no Friend Medals to muck things up.

Paralysis relies too much on luck. Luck to activate, luck to not miss, luck to even do anything that turn.

Poison is best for HP sponges like Invisibles. It'd be good for bosses too but they tend to be immune.

How exactly does Sleep function? Multiple times now, I've landed sleep with my friend's medal but she still attacked like nothing had happened.

cw_sasuke

How exactly does Sleep function? Multiple times now, I've landed sleep with my friend's medal but she still attacked like nothing had happened.

Skips a turn but the enemy will wake up if you hit him again..so unless your last unit/friendunit procs Sleep its pretty much useless. If this game would allow Medals to skip a turn or defend/not attack Sleep would be more useful.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Skips a turn but the enemy will wake up if you hit him again..so unless your last unit/friendunit procs Sleep its pretty much useless. If this game would allow Medals to skip a turn or defend/not attack Sleep would be more useful.

Do JP players use Sleep setups? I feel like they would have really dissected the usefulness of medals and skills beyond the US server. Like my Tifa example...Curious if they find ways to really do work or if those bonus medal damage skills get left behind.

cw_sasuke

Do JP players use Sleep setups? I feel like they would have really dissected the usefulness of medals and skills beyond the US server. Like my Tifa example...Curious if they find ways to really do work or if those bonus medal damage skills get left behind.

Well...it should work fine now as well - you just need you final hitter have Sleep and first Medal in your rotation do extra damage against Sleeping units. Unless you play in Coliseum you would need to rely on a Friendmedal with Sleep..but thats not really the popular option right now xD

So why can she sometimes still attack after being slept by my friend's medal? That's what I don't understand.

Psxphile

So why can she sometimes still attack after being slept by my friend's medal? That's what I don't understand.

Sure it's not paralysis? Because that happens with paralysis.

Obviously if the enemy was under Sleep you'd see the classic double/triple Z status symbol.

cw_sasuke

Hmm..it should say "fail" or "miss" when it happens...so even if your medal activate and Sleep/Poison/Para etc. pop it still can fail as the enemy blocking the effect. I guess thats what you mean, because if they sleep they cant wake up themselves unless you hit them the following round..

Sure it's not paralysis? Because that happens with paralysis.

Obviously if the enemy was under Sleep you'd see the classic double/triple Z status symbol.
100% sure it's Sleep.

Hmm..it should say "fail" or "miss" when it happens...so even if your medal activate and Sleep/Poison/Para etc. pop it still can fail as the enemy blocking the effect. I guess thats what you mean, because if they sleep they cant wake up themselves unless you hit them the following round..
I guess that's what happened. I'm done with the event, so no need to fight the witch anymore. But, I suppose I didn't see the Fail / Miss / Whatever because I was focused on seeing if Sleep came up or not.

On a completely separate note: Is it worthwhile to level up Olympia now, or should we save those Orichalcum for future keyblades?

Kinsei

Banned
100% sure it's Sleep.

I guess that's what happened. I'm done with the event, so no need to fight the witch anymore. But, I suppose I didn't see the Fail / Miss / Whatever because I was focused on seeing if Sleep came up or not.

On a completely separate note: Is it worthwhile to level up Olympia now, or should we save those Orichalcum for future keyblades?

Olympia is actually really good now that we can take it up to 21. Much better than Starlight IMO.

Primus

100% sure it's Sleep.

Future Keyblades are still far down the line, Divine Rose (the next in line) doesn't appear until Story Mission 433. Moogle of Glory comes from a special tournament and who knows when that will appear. Level up Olympia to 20.

Zebei

Loving this update (even if i'm late to it). A new area and new coliseum grinding is great after another mini drought.

It helps I love the underworld

Plus a little bit of story stuff with darkness and two bosses one of which is freaking Cloud!

Lnds500

Donald Ver. B is amazing. He is one of my favourite medals. Deals great damage and he isn't even level 6 or dotted yet.

Speaking of Olympia, there's now a second special quest available for Olympia materials. Didn't even know they could add onto that.

I know this because I hate money.

Psxphile

Speaking of Olympia, there's now a second special quest available for Olympia materials. Didn't even know they could add onto that.

Nether Stones, Flames and Waters aren't easy to come by during story missions, so I'm not surprised they'd tack on a new special mission to get those materials directly. Shame I won't see for myself until Gotta-Make-Dat-Munny Monday.

Falk

that puzzling face
My blue team is so garbage I had to beat 314 with this amazing 2 blue 2 green 1 red setup:

8zFpJRJl.jpg

Yes, that's the 6* Snow White with my amazing 25% guilt roll (lol) and Defense Boost II tacked on (lol lol lol) because I didn't have any other healer and Jiminy is complete ass.

Thought I was smart having BC Mickey in there for the neutral special attack damage but ended up not using it because I needed to save as much gauge as possible for spamming Snow White heals.

cw_sasuke

Was able to 6* Guilt Snow White - 49%. Not bad even though she wont get any use.
Anyone here who got more than 50% on his Snow White with his first attempt ?

Now i need to farm a couple more copies of her the next 2 days so i can create a 5* version - which i actually could use at some point.

Man i didnt know that ...thanks, will have to check it out next week.
My blue team is so garbage I had to beat 314 with this amazing 2 blue 2 green 1 red setup:

Yes, that's the 6* Snow White with my amazing 25% guilt roll (lol) and Defense Boost II tacked on (lol lol lol) because I didn't have any other healer and Jiminy is complete ass.

Thought I was smart having BC Mickey in there for the neutral special attack damage but ended up not using it because I needed to save as much gauge as possible for spamming Snow White heals.

Same here lol.... after 325 Quests, 314 is the first Mission i cant 3star at this point. My magical medals just suck...well maybe i could i will give it another shot in the future - just glad that i cleared the stage without too many attempts.

My Power/Speed teams are quite good, but for my overall performance i hope to pull a Top Tier Magical medals or Namine in the next months.

PS. Kinda amazing that you cleared it with that Ghetto setup xD
How many rounds did you have to stall/fight ? More than 3 ?

Famassu

Nice to see I'm not the only one struggling with my Magic medal setup. -_- This Cerberus fight is impossible. I simply don't have medals with def up and don't see one on any medals in my party, only randoms. Then one has to have even the tiniest bit of luck for it to activate, which I don't.

cw_sasuke

Nice to see I'm not the only one struggling with my Magic medal setup. -_- This Cerberus fight is impossible. I simply don't have medals with def up and don't see one on any medals in my party, only randoms. Then one has to have even the tiniest bit of luck for it to activate, which I don't.

You dont have a single unit with Def Up ? Def Up already was a reward and i think its a reward right now on the Coliseum Board as well.

Top Bottom