• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Malyse

Is that a legit story spoiler?
No.
doesn't the Back Cover trailer already show that the Ursus leader is the traitor? He talks about defying the masters teachings and attacks 2 of the other foretellers
No.

It's like you've never heard of a red herring.
We are all dying and the barren land in Birth by Sleep is probably Daybreak Village.

Unless we all are in a dream world or something like that, forced to revive the events that brought destruction to Daybreak Town.

I don't know. I need to replay the games. So far I've only replayed 1, CoM and 358/2 Days. I will ask a friend 2.5 or buy it.

Ha! There is a spoiler answer to this though.

Ilvocare

you can combine the lower star Chip and Dale medals if you have enough.

I know this, but thanks to stockpiling evolve medals I literally don't have the space to even DO that

doesn't matter anyways, I beat all the quests in the event and got all I could anyways.

Malyse

I was half-joking, but I wouldn't have been surprised lol.

It would make the biggest plot hole in the series: if Xehanort was involved in the KBW, why doesn't he know "what awaited beyond the Keyblade War"? He can't be involved without his entire motivation falling to pieces. Plus it would revert him from someone who canon has reinforced as having a point (there needs to be a balance of light and dark, darkness =! evil, light =! good every time) to a mustache twirling villain.

Famassu

o4jTGYm.jpg

This game obviously wants me to retain my relatively trash level magic medal collection. I can't even feel happy about all the great red medals (Lexaeus!) I got because I got zero worthwhile blue medals. That is seriously going to start harming my progression if I can't fix it soon.

o4jTGYm.jpg

This game obviously wants me to retain my relatively trash level magic medal collection. I can't even feel happy about all the great red medals (Lexaeus!) I got because I got zero worthwhile blue medals. That is seriously going to start harming my progression if I can't fix it soon.

If you need just a general good blue medal, I'd recommend sticking with Daily Deals. You get five more medals for the same price, so more chances of getting a decent medal like Donald B or Auron.

Famassu

At this point, just assume that all of the avatars in this game are clones of Sora and Xehanort.

God, the plot in this series is so awful.
Only Sora is Sora. A bit too many characters are connected to him (some in somewhat silly ways), but all in all only Sora is Sora. And Xehanort is a possessing villain. Not the first one to have multiple incarnations in fiction. Not all that convoluted either. There's the original Xehanort and his young self, the young person he possesses in BBS and then that version has a Heartless and a Nobody form + he possesses a bunch of other people post-KHII.

There are things to legitimately complain about but this whole dumb Everyone is Sora thing one is a pretty pointless one.

I actually got pretty lucky with all the farmable medal guiltings.

Donald A - 22%
Goofy A, Tidus, Selphie, Wakka, Stitch - 21%
Sora A - 16% (have a 5* medal lined up right now, though)

The only real stinker is Young Hercules (10%), but he was already outclassed by the time I guilted him and I only did so for curiosity's sake.

Since everyone is above 20% except for Sora A, I'll probably not bother with guilting them anymore, unless I'm really bored or something.

RalchAC

Only Sora is Sora. A bit too many characters are connected to him (some in somewhat silly ways), but all in all only Sora is Sora. And Xehanort is a possessing villain. Not the first one to have multiple incarnations in fiction. Not all that convoluted either. There's the original Xehanort and his young self, the young person he possesses in BBS and then that version has a Heartless and a Nobody form + he possesses a bunch of other people post-KHII.

There are things to legitimately complain about but this whole dumb Everyone is Sora thing one is a pretty pointless one.

The problem with Kingdom Hearts is not really his convulted nature. I mean, yeah, the story is kind of weird and sometimes it can get messy, but that's not the problem.

The problem is that they made spin offs important story wise in order to attract their homeconsole audience to the handheld versions, which meant over the years you needed a GBA, a DS, a PSP and a 3DS.

And while some were more traditional, others changed the formula too much for some people likings (deck system in Chain of Memories, mission structure in 358/2 Days).

Plus, at this point is kind of a meme. I will say this until the end of time. You only need to play KH1, KH2, BBS and maybe 3D. The GBA and DS games are lighter when it comes to important story bits. You can read a synopsis in the Internet or watch a bunch of cutscenes.

I just realized that I have an Attack Boost II. Any suggestion on who I should put it on?

Stitch and KH II King Mickey have AB II, the others are AB I. I also have an Old Hag, but she has AB All I. While that sucks as a boost, I'll just keep it on her for Golden Mickey purposes.

I want Aladdin and Zack so bad. Both would synergize really well with my Final Form Sora on my Starlight keyblade. Pain and Panic would also be amazing with Minnie at the end.

Better to just wait to get them on accident with other pulls though.

I just realized that I have an Attack Boost II. Any suggestion on who I should put it on?

Stitch and KH II King Mickey have AB II, the others are AB I. I also have an Old Hag, but she has AB All I. While that sucks as a boost, I'll just keep it on her for Golden Mickey purposes.

I'd recommend Hades personally, he's got that sweet 1.90x too and he's powerful enough that you'll probably have him on your team for a good while.

Faiz

I want Aladdin and Zack so bad. Both would synergize really well with my Final Form Sora on my Starlight keyblade. Pain and Panic would also be amazing with Minnie at the end.

Better to just wait to get them on accident with other pulls though.

I have final Sora and Zack but working the synergy on Starlight seems supremely risky? With the blue bonuses on 1 and 5, the red bonus on three, means putting Final Sora on 1. If you put him on 5 you'll be left super low hp when it's the enemy turn because you won't be able to heal.

That means putting a strength boost on 2 instead of 1, so Sora won't benefit from that either.

Seems like overall it's still better to strength boost on 1 and make use of all multipliers on 2-5. Probably depends on how well they synergize I guess though. Might have to play with it and see, but my Zack is languishing at 5* still.

I have final Sora and Zack but working the synergy on Starlight seems supremely risky? With the blue bonuses on 1 and 5, the red bonus on three, means putting Final Sora on 1. If you put him on 5 you'll be left super low hp when it's the enemy turn because you won't be able to heal.

That means putting a strength boost on 2 instead of 1, so Sora won't benefit from that either.

Seems like overall it's still better to strength boost on 1 and make use of all multipliers on 2-5. Probably depends on how well they synergize I guess though. Might have to play with it and see, but my Zack is languishing at 5* still.

Well as long as you have Minnie at the end, she almost entirely mitigates the HP cost. The medal order I'm picturing is:

Final Form Sora
Aladdin
Zack
Pain and Panic
Minnie

Since you'll be recovering some HP from your attacks and the multiplier for HP removing moves depends on how much HP you're losing, this seems like the ideal set up.

Though yeah, you do you raise a good point about damage boosting. You could omit Pain and Panic, swap Aladdin there and use something like Aerith in the second slot:

Final Form Sora
Aerith KHII ver.
Zack
Aladdin
Minnie

There was a Reddit thread floating around that discusses optimal placement for boosters. If you value AOE damage, I'd imagine Final Form Sora benefits more from being in the 1st slot and putting the buffer in the second slot. His damage to cost ratio is absurd.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Oh man I already miss the absurd amounts of experience I got from the event raid boss last week. Leveling normally is soooo sloooow... and actually having to wait for AP to recharge is the worst :'(

Malyse

The problem with Kingdom Hearts is not really his convulted nature. I mean, yeah, the story is kind of weird and sometimes it can get messy, but that's not the problem.

The problem is that they made spin offs important story wise in order to attract their homeconsole audience to the handheld versions, which meant over the years you needed a GBA, a DS, a PSP and a 3DS.

And while some were more traditional, others changed the formula too much for some people likings (deck system in Chain of Memories, mission structure in 358/2 Days).

Plus, at this point is kind of a meme. I will say this until the end of time. You only need to play KH1, KH2, BBS and maybe 3D. The GBA and DS games are lighter when it comes to important story bits. You can read a synopsis in the Internet or watch a bunch of cutscenes.
LOL.

3D is at this point the most important game in the franchise from a story perspective.

RalchAC

LOL.

3D is at this point the most important game in the franchise from a story perspective.

I said maybe because I haven't played it yet (just read a bunch of info to half understand what was going on in X) so I don't have a formed opinion in that front.

alittlelove

Neo Member
I'm having trouble getting past R28 in the coliseum. Does anyone have suggestions? I tried both my Starlight and Lady Luck setup - I would either get past the Shadows and get killed by the Dark Plant or get past the Dark Plant and get killed by Candy Apples.

Lady Luck:
1: Aerith 5*
2: LF Sora 6*
3: KH Sora Ver B 6*
4: KH Sora Ver A 6*
5: KH2 Riku 6*

I've switched out spots 3+4 here with all sorts of things to see if any combination would work: Minnie/Daisy, Tifa, KH2 Sora Ver A/B, BC King Mickey, etc.

Decided to finish up the level 140 quest. BC Mickey is the real MVP - nothing says "fuck you" like 30k damage for 3 bars!

You do have 95% guilt on that thing :p. Mine hits for somewhere between 5-9k damage with no keyblade multipliers against LV138 enemies.

I'm having trouble getting past R28 in the coliseum. Does anyone have suggestions? I tried both my Starlight and Lady Luck setup - I would either get past the Shadows and get killed by the Dark Plant or get past the Dark Plant and get killed by Candy Apples.

Lady Luck:
1: Aerith 5*
2: LF Sora 6*
3: KH Sora Ver B 6*
4: KH Sora Ver A 6*
5: KH2 Riku 6*

I've switched out spots 3+4 here with all sorts of things to see if any combination would work: Minnie/Daisy, Tifa, KH2 Sora Ver A/B, BC King Mickey, etc.

You do have 95% guilt on that thing :p. Mine hits for somewhere between 5-9k damage with no keyblade multipliers against LV138 enemies.
1 paralyze medal and sleep medal as the last one is the best way to do coliseum.

Ilvocare

So I think I mentioned earlier on my latest pull that I was disappointed with my Timeless River Pete pull as my first Reverse medal. I take that back, he's literally KH Riku but better in every conceivable fashion, save for the Guilt multiplier which is equal and I can't even access that anyways. Brought him from 4* to 6* in one shot yesterday.

I can't fucking imagine playing KH2 without having touched CoM at all. The entire Nobodies shtick, Org XIII, the deal with Riku, why in the world Sora's in some sort of pod after having run off into an endless field at the end of 1... all that has kinda important foundations in CoM.

Not to mention if my older brother was any indication, that confusion as to who and what was happening (since he lacked CoM's context) meant he just dropped the series altogether. You sure about CoM's lack of importance, there?

358 and Coded I'll let go, since nothing's come of the whole Xion thing since then, and as nice as it was to find out what was ACTUALLY in that letter Mickey sent, the rest of the game has little, if any bearing on the series. Save for Pete and Maleficent being delegated to Z-tier villains forever because they have to find the computer room.

Reguilted my Yuna this morning from 13% to.... 13% -_-

I've reguilted Stitch twice so far and he's REALLY attached to that 14%. I'll have two more shots at rolling the multiplier soon, but I wouldn't be surprised if I was ALSO screwed out of those...

Malyse

Wha?!? Dude, that's gotta be BBS! I'd definitely put 3D right after, though.
No. If you don't play BBS you miss a little backstory for KH3. If you don't play 3D, you will be completely lost for KH3. The villain outlines his plot in 3D.

It's not remotely close.

LOL.

In the sense that it's the most recent game in the series and therefore lays out the pre-KH3 status quo, sure.
No. If you don't play BBS you miss a little backstory for KH3. If you don't play 3D, you will be completely lost for KH3. The villain outlines his plot in 3D.

It's not remotely close.
And when we get a total recap of that plot in the opening half hour of KH3, DDD's gonna feel pretty redundant.

Lnds500

It's not remotely close.

"A little backstory" = like the main villain of the whole saga and fucked everything up in the first place, plus half the people Sora has to save in KH3?

Falk

that puzzling face
"A little backstory" = like the main villain of the whole saga and fucked everything up in the first place, plus half the people Sora has to save in KH3?

Just assume Ventus is Roxas, Terra is Riku-Ansem (lol) and some random blue haired chick.

Malyse

Yes. Backstory. BBS fills in gaps; 3D pushes the plot forward. To put it in reverse, skip BBS and it's "who are these three?", skip 3D and it's
Why is Axel alive, why are they calling Riku Master, I thought we killed OrgXIII what's True OrgXIII, why is Xigbar back, why is Saïx back, I thought nobodies don't have hearts, why is Xehanort and Ansem and Xemnas and Young Xehanort all here I killed like half of them, how is Xehanort and his younger self both in the same time period?
etc. It doesn't matter if you like BBS better, you can't honestly say that it contributed more to the series arc than 3D.
EdLover-CMonSon-Ep16.jpg

Faiz

It's not remotely close.

Maybe I'm transposing some things in my head since its been a while since I've played either. But BBS explains
who Xehanort was, explains Roxas/Ventus, etc etc. It make sense of things that seemed random before.

Malyse

Maybe I'm transposing some things in my head since its been a while since I've played either. But BBS explains
who Xehanort was, explains Roxas/Ventus, etc etc. It make sense of things that seemed random before.
That is literally KH backstory. It is explaining and clarifying previous events. It's filling in gaps. I don't know how many more ways I can say the same thing.

Faiz

That is literally KH backstory. It is explaining and clarifying previous events. It's filling in gaps. I don't know how many more ways I can say the same thing.

Ok. Backstory sure, but it's more than just "a little backstory for KH3". Without BBS, the events of DDD have almost no context... Much like any other KH game. Outside of this one I guess, haha.

And honestly I liked DDD more as a whole. But BBS is the linchpin. The keystone holding the arch together.

But that's just my take. /shrug.

Malyse

Ok. Backstory sure, but it's more than just "a little backstory for KH3". Without BBS, the events of DDD have almost no context... Much like any other KH game. Outside of this one I guess, haha.

And honestly I liked DDD more as a whole. But BBS is the linchpin. The keystone holding the arch together.

But that's just my take. /shrug.
Nope. Chi is already taking that spot away.

Someone in our group chat asked earlier today about when Munny Madness is. It appears 3 times per weekday, always at the same time. However, what those times are differ by the player. This reddit post describes how to figure out your own times. A while back, I found mine using it (2pm, 6pm, 2am), so I figured it would be useful for anyone else who doesn't know their's.

Psxphile

Surprised no one mentioned we'll also be getting the next 25 story missions tomorrow. Finally I'll be able to upgrade Olympia further. Should be up at 2 A.M. PDT.

Top Bottom