• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Out of 3 pulls, I managed to get 3 out of the 5 organization members. Unfortunately the 2 that I wanted the most were the ones I didn't get (Marluxia and Zexion) :(

alittlelove

Neo Member
ZpQHAxl.jpg

This is a slight bit depressing.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So I did some testing.

Raid Boss level 38

Both fin and tail destroyed

Base Defense = 30422
Friend Defense = 3450+975

Tail attack from boss with NO Pinocchio DEF Boost = ~43.5k
Tail attack from boss WITH Pinocchio DEF Boost = ~41k

So either DEF Boost is fucking garbage, or raid bosses bypass defense. I'm going to test this on a cheap AP mission later.

alittlelove

Neo Member
Pinocchio might as well be flipping you off lol.

Hopefully you kept an Auron and Cerberus around to dot them.

Yeah the only thing new to me here is Pluto and Pinocchio. This is worse than my last pull of two freaking Dumbos + dupes + BC Riku and Cerberus.

So I did some testing.

Raid Boss level 38

Both fin and tail destroyed

Base Defense = 30422
Friend Defense = 3450+975

Tail attack from boss with NO Pinocchio DEF Boost = ~43.5k
Tail attack from boss WITH Pinocchio DEF Boost = ~41k

So either DEF Boost is fucking garbage, or raid bosses bypass defense. I'm going to test this on a cheap AP mission later.

It doesn't make sense that Def Boost as a skill works for raid bosses but Def Boost as a buff doesn't, so I'm going with garbage. What even is the point of Pinocchio.

xclk07

I was able to finish fitting all 4 main keyblades (not Olympia b/c you can't get 5th slot yet) with all 6* medals today. Whoot!

Looking for a suggestion here. My current Green deck has 5* White Rabbit / 5* DiZ for buffing then 25% Stitch and 14% Rikku. Which two of the following should I focus on for the other two slots? Limit Form Sora, Sora II Ver. A, Mulan, Tifa

Skittles

Looking for a suggestion here. My current Green deck has 5* White Rabbit / 5* DiZ for buffing then 25% Stitch and 14% Rikku. Which two of the following should I focus on for the other two slots? Limit Form Sora, Sora II Ver. A, Mulan, Tifa
Limit form most def, that medal is insanely good. Then tifa is just barely better than your other choices.

Has anyone finished their event board yet?

Faiz

Limit form most def, that medal is insanely good. Then tifa is just barely better than your other choices.

Not being able to play during bonus time has made it very difficult for me. I'm mostly done with the main two.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Alright, jumped ship to Unicorn. Any GAF groups looking for a member?
Name: Kid Ska
ID: 1296332

Please and thank you.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Alright, jumped ship to Unicorn. Any GAF groups looking for a member?
Name: Kid Ska
ID: 1296332

Please and thank you.

We are full, otherwise we would bring you in. A lot of active players who are still rank E on lux. At some point, we may require a higher rank (D or C) since there are so many people who want in on the party.

Ilvocare

I finished the male one yesterday night, and I'm worried that I won't even get close to wrapping up the female one...

I've been alternating the event with moving up in the Colosseum so that I can wedge myself in the 2500 and up club. But even then, it feels like only a single day needs to pass before you have to drag yourself 2 to 3 more rounds higher... and there's still like 19, 20 days left of the month...

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Havent had much time to play the last couple days - maybe next week will be a bit better. KInda nuts that they are already bringing back Premium Medals - this game really makes you feel bad if you are Non-iAP them non-stop deals are killing me lol.

Sent an invitation.

Who was dropped from the group (Aru?) ? I dont think its relevant in this case, but i sad before that as long as you login/play once a week you wont get dropped thats why dont drop before the week ends.

I dont think Aru will be back, so probably less of an issue this time.

Malyse

We are full, otherwise we would bring you in. A lot of active players who are still rank E on lux. At some point, we may require a higher rank (D or C) since there are so many people who want in on the party.
I guess I should mention my new party rules.

You get dropped if:
- Your LUX rank hits E
- On Sunday you have 0th rank and 0 Lux
- You last login hits 7 days

I won't accept requests to join if:
- You are sharing Donald
- Your Lux rank is lower than C
- You are lower than level 100

Basically, you get dropped for not trying.

You get dropped if:
- Your LUX rank hits E

- You are sharing Donald

Donald B(east) doe

Psxphile

You get dropped if:
- Your LUX rank hits E

- You are sharing Donald

Keep a spot open for me then. Come Monday I'll be a free agent.

Who was dropped from the group (Aru?) ? I dont think its relevant in this case, but i sad before that as long as you login/play once a week you wont get dropped thats why dont drop before the week ends.

I dont think Aru will be back, so probably less of an issue this time.

Yep, Aru hadn't logged on in 8 days so I figured it would be okay.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

You get dropped if:
- Your LUX rank hits E

- You are sharing Donald

Yeah, eventually we may go this route. A strong set of core players makes chat, progress, and the experience of it all more fun.

c-murph

Any one have a party I can join? I'm on Unicorn. I jumped into a random party online but I would rather be in a GAF group that's going to remain active for the long run.

I just actually started playing a few days ago but I'm good at logging in and leveling up.

Name: c-murph
ID: 152301

Also, how does the Ranking system in the party work. I just joined a party of 7 like two days ago and in the Members Section I'm rank D. How do you raise your rank?

Zebei

Today is the first time ive seen the term Lux rank used. . . What is it and how do I see it? Is it the weekly ranking reward tiers? I play pretty frequently so i dont think im in any danger of getting kicked but just for future reference.

CRS

Today is the first time ive seen the term Lux rank used. . . What is it and how do I see it? Is it the weekly ranking reward tiers? I play pretty frequently so i dont think im in any danger of getting kicked but just for future reference.

Lux ranking is just a grade given to how much Lux you've farmed that week. I have no idea how much Lux needed for each grade but I only have a B grade with only 500k

To see it:

Go to Home, tap the screen, Party, Members

Zebei

Lux ranking is just a grade given to how much Lux you've farmed that week. I have no idea how much Lux needed for each grade but I only have a B grade with only 500k

To see it:

Go to Home, tap the screen, Party, Members
Ahh, there it is. Thank you very much.

1.2 mil is apparently worthy of A rank. Not very surprised. :p

Ala Alba

I have around 120k I believe and I'm only Rank D in my party... :(

Huh. I guess it's pretty different in different parties.

I have 119k, and that's an A rank in my party.

(Funnily enough, the casual party I joined on a whim through in-game recruiting is now a hardcore party with Lux and Level requirements. Somehow I never got kicked out, even though I was playing pretty casually until a few weeks ago.)

c-murph

Huh. I guess it's pretty different in different parties.

I have 119k, and that's an A rank in my party.

(Funnily enough, the casual party I joined on a whim through in-game recruiting is now a hardcore party with Lux and Level requirements. Somehow I never got kicked out, even though I was playing pretty casually until a few weeks ago.)

I have no idea how the Party Ranking works. I have a couple in of people in the party with 0 and 22k Lux and are ranked C... So...?

Blam

As someone who's never played a Kingdom Hearts game. I'd like to know what the appeal is to you guys. Because from someone who hasn't played it looks like a lot of game universes mixed together.

I'd assume it's not that?

As someone who's never played a Kingdom Hearts game. I'd like to know what the appeal is to you guys. Because from someone who hasn't played it looks like a lot of game universes mixed together.

Its Disney + Final Fantasy with maybe 1 exception (TWEWY). The appeal is that they're fun action RPGs with a zany-ass story.

Also, this question is probably better for the actual community thread.

c-murph

Pick up the first game on PS3... It's like $20 bucks.

It's basically for anyone that had a Disney and Final Fantasy Childhood. It incorporates both of the series into a long and overly convoluted mess of a ride. It's fun.

So I figured I'd share some of my completed projects with GAF since I last posted Friday.

Currently working on finishing KHII Black Coat Riku and rerolling my KHII Cloud.

I don't have any premium medal just yet. I spent all my jewels on extra medal space so I can hold more upgrading materials.

I'm working on 6* medaling KH Sora A, B, Goofy A & Donald A right meow. I already have like several medals for each. KH Sora A is at 6* but no yellow dots yet. I can't guilt yet because I'm only on like level 35 or something.

So close to finishing the third board.

Any incentive for doing so?

I played around in there for a bit yesterday. Bought all the clothes for my avatars and a couple Chip Medals.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Havent played much this week so i dont think i will be able to finish the 3rd board...i hope i can get at least the 2nd Cid on Board 3. Depends on if i can get some Rush time going later and how active our group will be.
Yep, Aru hadn't logged on in 8 days so I figured it would be okay.
Ouch....yeah if you dont log-in for 8days during a "famring/event" week you probably dont need to be in a group anyway lol.

Ilvocare

I pulled today.

-5* Stitch (time to roll that guilt some more I guess)
-4* Timeless River Pete (my first and as of right now ONLY reverse medal... and it sucks.
-3* KH Yuffie (the magic one, I guess I can fuse the dupe?)
-3* Yuna (ughhhhhh)
-3* KH Cloud (a dupe, this puts my Cloud on the same level as my Leon in terms of pips, so that's cool I guess.)
-5* KH II Yuffie (WHEN I WAS WHINING ABOUT MY SPEED MEDAL SELECTION THIS ISN'T WHAT I WAS FUCKING TALKING ABOUT)
-5* Phil (Cool, I guess. Combining him with Phil should make some shit happen, I hope. I should probably boost up KH Aerith too...)
-5* Wisdom Form Sora (Nice, but I honestly can't find a place for him in my Magic deck at this point...)
-4* Minnie (this brings Minnie to 3 pips, jfc)

And my guaranteed epic pull was....

5* KH CoM BC Riku. AGAIN.

...not gonna lie, I think this pull sucked. And it just exacerbates my Speed medal problem even further by just enhancing the Magic and Power medals I have. Seriously, I desperately need a jump in power...

Ugh what the hell, I took out my own level 52 raid boss with like 15+ seconds to spare but it's not giving me the event coins for it. I didn't notice what the results screen said but there was no "raid boss escaping" animation so something's fishy (ha ha get it).

Psxphile

Ugh what the hell, I took out my own level 52 raid boss with like 15+ seconds to spare but it's not giving me the event coins for it. I didn't notice what the results screen said but there was no "raid boss escaping" animation so something's fishy (ha ha get it).

When it's down to the wire it's possible to kill the boss and still fail. Results screen will say "Raid Boss managed to escape" or some shit. Just happened to me, too.

Falk

that puzzling face

^

For more common cases I believe you simply need to have finished the battle before the timer runs out, and if you don't, there's no functionality within the game to yank you out of a boss midway through hence you can keep going till you 'kill' it or it kills you, even though the timer's run out.

Same reason why you can kill a boss and then have it not count towards MVP calculations because someone else registered a kill earlier than you did.

It's a very asynchronous system.

Gotcha yeah, guess it's just weird that it doesn't play the little animation of it going back into its wormhole then.
Finished all the boards anyway so not a huge problem!

Got a lot of level ups during this event. I hope I didn't level too much since I still want to get periodical AP refills.

I'm at level 175 currently.

Got a lot of level ups during this event. I hope I didn't level too much since I still want to get periodical AP refills.

I'm at level 175 currently.

You'll be ok with that for awhile. 200 is when the levels become a big chore. I only leveled 3 times this week from 1.4m Lux.

Top Bottom