• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

MiniTaurus

Neo Member
Hi, I want to ask something, better spend 3000 for organization or 600 kickoff daily deal?
Looking at jewel spend 600 is much better but 3000 one have "limited" medal..?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Hi, I want to ask something, better spend 3000 for organization or 600 kickoff daily deal?
Looking at jewel spend 600 is much better but 3000 one have "limited" medal..?

The 3000 has a guaranteed medal, but it COULD be shit. Check the list of what your guaranteed epic medal is. Sure, you could get Sephiroth or Sora & Pals, or you could get Pinocchio.

The 600 for 3 medals is the better deal in the long run, but you COULD get a bunch of crap on every 3 pull you do. It's a risk either way, ha.

Azuran

Banned
So how do attack boost medals like DiZ work? Do they have to be use right at the start of a turn to get the effect for all attacks or does the effect last a full rotation from where you first use it?

Sorry for the dumb question. I just got one from a draw but enemies right now don't last more than one turn so I can't really tell.

Caim

So how do attack boost medals like DiZ work? Do they have to be use right at the start of a turn to get the effect for all attacks or does the effect last a full rotation from where you first use it?

Sorry for the dumb question. I just got one from a draw but enemies right now don't last more than one turn so I can't really tell.

Yeah if you use a medal like DiZ or Vivi first the boost will be in effect for the entire turn.

Primus

I'm sooooo glad you're wrong. ;)

I am legit shocked, considering Square Enix's past track record with nerfing medals for Global.

EDIT: So the new VIP quests are apparently nutballs good, and with the 1AP event going on they're just plain broken. 3-5 of the particular quest's medals guaranteed (getting more than 2 5* Flora/Fauna/Merriweather in a standard run is nearly impossible, I've gotten 4 once.), huge amounts of Munny from the specific Munny quest. If you're looking at super-power-levelling, buy the $15 jewels + unlock on Monday morning and just go crazy.

xclk07

I am legit shocked, considering Square Enix's past track record with nerfing medals for Global.

EDIT: So the new VIP quests are apparently nutballs good, and with the 1AP event going on they're just plain broken. 3-5 of the particular quest's medals guaranteed (getting more than 2 5* Flora/Fauna/Merriweather in a standard run is nearly impossible, I've gotten 4 once.), huge amounts of Munny from the specific Munny quest. If you're looking at super-power-levelling, buy the $15 jewels + unlock on Monday morning and just go crazy.

Yep, as I said to my group, I'll have about 90% album completion tomorrow because of the VIP quests combined with 1 AP. Complete insanity.

c-murph

Someone in our group chat asked earlier today about when Munny Madness is. It appears 3 times per weekday, always at the same time. However, what those times are differ by the player. This reddit post describes how to figure out your own times. A while back, I found mine using it (2pm, 6pm, 2am), so I figured it would be useful for anyone else who doesn't know their's.

Great Info.

Just found my first Munny Time is at 12:00. So, my next two should be at 16:00 and 00:00.

With the 1AP I was able to collect 1.56M~!

Meneses

Quick question (just installed the game and did the Basics tutorial):

Is that free Aqua medal given to everyone or only those who already had an account before the EU launch? I don't have anything in my presents.

CRS

^

As long as you log in during the dates mentioned, you should get the Aqua medal.

Damn Quest 350 really will need Namine or Alice to complete the Objectives. Unlucky.

I don't think I understand this new VIP quest. You can only unlock it by buying the weekly unlock, right? In which case, every other quest for evolve medals/EXP is available to you.

Wouldn't that make this VIP quest completely redundant, then?

Ava Pug

I don't think I understand this new VIP quest. You can only unlock it by buying the weekly unlock, right? In which case, every other quest for evolve medals/EXP is available to you.

VIP quest gives you a lot more medals then the normal ones so it saves you time I guess.

Primus

The VIP quests are like the daily quests on steroids. The top-level XP dailies give 1 6* medal per run. VIP quests give 3-5. And all for 1AP.

Neku89

So, it has been finally released (officially) in EU! I've just downloaded it.

Is there anything to know before I start playing?

Zebei

So, it has been finally released (officially) in EU! I've just downloaded it.

Is there anything to know before I start playing?
1. Don't bother with the starlight keyblade. Pretty much been useless to me 350 quests in
2. 10 pulls get you less medals for the same amount of jewels. 3 pulls are usually better unless it is a really good event
3. Getting those special avatar boards (the ones that cost jewels) is great because you get a lot of cost out of them so you can use 6 star medals
4. Don't bother finishing avatar boards unless you really like the clothing for your avatar. Cost >>> Ap>>>>> >HP >>>> clothing (This does not include the Black coats. They look cool)
5. Pay attention to daily quests and events. Kind of obvious but you don't want to miss things
6. Raid Boss events are an absolutely amazing way to get lux

All I can think of off the top of my head

Falk

that puzzling face
Save a couple of Wakkas because there hasn't really been a replacement power-levelling method up through today, especially right when raid boss levels reset (takes a fair bit of AP to get them back up to great Lux returns)

c-murph

Alice is an ass saver in later missions. Particularly 425 (don't look that up, big spoiler).

Awesome. I basically just started last week. She was one of the first medals I got from a 10 pull. I didn't think she was going to be of any use but she hasn't really left my team yet.

I just realized that the 44% I got on my Snow White, from being bored, makes her Special hit almost as hard as Non-Sleep Tifa.
- Snow: 16,217 = 6744 [STR] * 1.67 [Special] * 1.44 [Bonus]
- Tifa: 16,737 = 6695 * 2.5

Since both of their specials cost 3 bars, I'll keep Snow around for any battles where the Cura / Esuna may be handy.

My Green Team is mostly farmed now. DiZ and Limit Form Sora lead the charge then 44% Snow, 14% Rikku and 25% Stitch take over. I could sure use some more Rare Greens, game ...

I just realized that the 44% I got on my Snow White, from being bored, makes her Special hit almost as hard as Non-Sleep Tifa.
- Snow: 16,217 = 6744 [STR] * 1.67 [Special] * 1.44 [Bonus]
- Tifa: 16,737 = 6695 * 2.5

Since both of their specials cost 3 bars, I'll keep Snow around for any battles where the Cura / Esuna may be handy.

My Green Team is mostly farmed now. DiZ and Limit Form Sora lead the charge then 44% Snow, 14% Rikku and 25% Stitch take over. I could sure use some more Rare Greens, game ...

I would recommend Sora A or Tidus over Rikku, really. The Gullwings (or Friendly Neighborhood whatevers) are too expensive for how weak they are.

Also, I don't run into this conundrum with my Tifa since she has 3 dots on her lol.

CRS

Have 1 Adamantite. Level up my Olympia or save it?

18 Special Gauges look really nice for Coliseum right now.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Have 1 Adamantite. Level up my Olympia or save it?

18 Special Gauges look really nice for Coliseum right now.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I'm still hoarding all of mine.

I don't really know what I'm waiting for. Maybe some ridiculous medals that will make one keyblade god tier.

Zebei

is HD Aqua the same as Aqua illustrated?

HD Aqua so ugry :(

Nah Illustrated is this

Same pose though

stats
Attack 7227
Defense 7152
Ability Magic Pulse+5
Gauges 3
Multiplier x3.50
Target Single

Tidd

And the rest?

That's all we will get. These are the medals we can farm in the next event. You can upgrade them starting from 1* up to 6*. => 3 new medals*6 = 18. And that's how many new medals were added. (+2 slots for Aqua)

Of course everything is just speculation but it would be the perfect timing to get this event.

I would recommend Sora A or Tidus over Rikku, really. The Gullwings (or Friendly Neighborhood whatevers) are too expensive for how weak they are.
I only really have her in the deck to AoE clear mobs. I have Sora A, but I'd need to get more copies of him before he could exceed Rikku's damage. Most of the Gacha versions of the farmable units are that situation where initially they are weaker because they can't be so easily dotted / guilted.

Conversely, I have a 6* Tidus and 6* Mulan. I never felt like farming more Tidus to guilt him, so I may just put Mulan in the slot. Perhaps I WILL farm Tidus w/ the 1AP event... *Shrug*. Either way, none of those options are long-term solutions. I'm hoping that I can eventually pull a strong AoE Green to replace Rikku and ST Green to replace Snow. I'm not going to even dream about getting any Premium medals, but some of the Green Reverse medals look really nice and could go in the final slot.

My Red deck could use some upgrades too (DiZ, KH Riku, 21% Y.Herc, 25% Wakka, Herc). BC Mickey, Lexaeus, KH1 Cloud, Leon B, BC Riku ... I'd love to get any of these.

Instead of any useful units, my Daily pull today was 5* Bambi, 3* Blue Aerith, 3* Donald B. Donald B isn't too bad of a medal, but I already have Old Hag, Auron, Wisdom Sora, King Mickey, Aqua, Hades, etc...

Update from this post:

I actually got pretty lucky with all the farmable medal guiltings.

Donald A - 22%
Goofy A, Tidus, Selphie, Wakka, Stitch - 21%
Sora A - 16% (have a 5* medal lined up right now, though)

The only real stinker is Young Hercules (10%), but he was already outclassed by the time I guilted him and I only did so for curiosity's sake.

Since everyone is above 20% except for Sora A, I'll probably not bother with guilting them anymore, unless I'm really bored or something.

I re-guilted Sora A and got 25%!

Actually, today was a good day in general. I managed to:

-Level up all of my 6* medals to 100 (except for Young Hercules, who shall be EXP fodder).
-Get a ton of Munny (will do it again tomorrow).
-Make it to the top 1000 in the Colosseum (at round 38 right now, for those who want to compare).
-Beat all three lvl. 140 Proud quests and completed all their objectives.

Now all that's left for me to do is literally story, Munny, and Colosseum. I have nothing left to level up besides Aqua, and that's gonna be happening next Wednesday.

I'm so glad that the grind is finally slowing down haha.

Most of the Gacha versions of the farmable units are that situation where initially they are weaker because they can't be so easily dotted / guilted.
I re-guilted Sora A and got 25%!
DERP! I JUST realized that you were talking about KH 1 Sora A (farmable) and not KH 2 Sora A (Gacha version of Rikku). After looking at his final stats, I will indeed farm him and give Rikku the boot! Maybe I'll get lucky and get a higher % than 14 too. :D

Razmos

Desperate for some better speed medals. I'm surviving thanks to KH2 Kairi's 2 tier attack boost and Larxene, but Aladdin is terrible and Peter Pan is awful beyond belief. My guilted Stitch is still awesome but quickly becoming less useful.

Finally caught up to the story quests for the first time! Really needed that shared Namine medal for that boss, damn.

Also finally have enough cost to equip four 6* medals at once

Primus

UH...

Why isn't anyone talking about this?

'cause we weren't expecting it until Monday. That's the DDD Event.

It's super worth it to have at least one of each because JP just got an event that melds the three individual medals into a combo Sora&Riku&Meowwow medal.

Skittles

Desperate for some better speed medals. I'm surviving thanks to KH2 Kairi's 2 tier attack boost and Larxene, but Aladdin is terrible and Peter Pan is awful beyond belief. My guilted Stitch is still awesome but quickly becoming less useful.

Finally caught up to the story quests for the first time! Really needed that shared Namine medal for that boss, damn.

Also finally have enough cost to equip four 6* medals at once
Aladdin is actually one of the better speed medals we have in america now. It surprised me how good he was when I maxed him

Razmos

Aladdin is actually one of the better speed medals we have in america now. It surprised me how good he was when I maxed him
He was good when I first got him, but his power is a bit low when not used with the low HP mechanic. Then again, he's still 5* (which I only just realized, lol)

'cause we weren't expecting it until Monday. That's the DDD Event.

It's super worth it to have at least one of each because JP just got an event that melds the three individual medals into a combo Sora&Riku&Meowwow medal.
Despite their Special being 4 Gauges w/ max bonus of 25%, I've seen both 3D Sora and 3D Riku ranked decently on Tier lists. How is the combined medal?

Top Bottom