• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Psxphile

Man, I got a couple of my farmable medals into 20/21% guilt but a part of me wants that max, lol.

Gonna stick with those and leave it at that.

Chance of guilt percentage increasing drops considerably the closer you are to max. Because each roll ignores what's already on there, so it'll go and more likely land on a lower percentage as a result, which means your guilt won't change at all. Wasted roll.

So nah, don't bother.

Chance of guilt percentage increasing drops considerably the closer you are to max. Because each roll ignores what's already on there, so it'll go and more likely land on a lower percentage as a result, which means your guilt won't change at all. Wasted roll.

So nah, don't bother.

They should've clamped the values to only include the range above your current guilt percentage.

It's just bad game design to make players waste time and resources over nothing.

Mobile game design hinges on bad game design. It's how they make money.

Most players are not going to guilt anything but the farmable medals, and there's no money to be had with those.

You're more likely to put people off of a game permanently if you make players feel like they're wasting their time. There should always be a sense of progression to keep players interested.

CRS

Yeah, was just mentioning at how greedy I am. I've decided to stop trying to guilt if it reaches 20+.

Also, I've been loving this 1 AP event.

608e221b0ef92a1f5175f7cf327e3d66.png

6* EVERYTHING.

This is just my Magic medals too.

Most players are not going to guilt anything but the farmable medals, and there's no money to be had with those.

You're more likely to put people off of a game permanently if you make players feel like they're wasting their time. There should always be a sense of progression to keep players interested.

I fundamentally agree, but I think it's quite clear that's not where the industry is headed.

also

Banned
It's the same "value" as a 10-pull, but you are getting a guaranteed Cloud - a very good medal. As with ANY gacha pull, the 3-pull dailies could end up being as good or better, but it's a crap shoot. I've seen some amazing daily pulls, but I've also seen some shitty ones.

To be honest, if I were just starting today, I'd pull the 5-pull for the guaranteed Cloud and dailies after that for a bit. The value of a guaranteed "good" pull is pretty solid.
KH II Cloud is not a good medal. Unless you manage to get 7 Clouds, the farmable Goofy A is a better choice; the higher multiplier and ease of guilting him make up for the lower stats.

You're probably thinking of KH1 Cloud which is top tier.

Yeah, I don't think it's worth it to guilt any of the DDD medals before the combination medal becomes available. It simply costs too much time and resources for what are honestly some rather underwhelming but surprisingly expensive medals. I would be more tempted if any of them had the second-tier guilt multiplier, but alas.

Assuming that I can carry over the dots from any medal, I'll just focus on getting one specific medal up to five dots and not bother dotting anything else.

Guys, i'm an idiot and I don't understand how guilting works. Would someone be able to tell me exactly and with step by step directions how to guilt the event medals?

Psxphile

Guys, i'm an idiot and I don't understand how guilting works. Would someone be able to tell me exactly and with step by step directions how to guilt the event medals?

Look these over:

Basically, to power-up a medal's special attack you need to fill in "pips". You do that by merging a dupe medal, down to the Stars (level only matters for XP). You can start doing this with 3*s. If you merge two dupes with pips filled in, those pips carry over (plus the one for merging). If you've completed Mission 200 a "6th dot" a.k.a. Special Attack Bonus a.k.a. Guilt is enabled. Merge your 6* dupes with up to 5 pips filled in between them to activate Guilt. It's bonus damage for your special attack.

It's the same "value" as a 10-pull, but you are getting a guaranteed Cloud - a very good medal.
I thought that KH2 Cloud and Y.Herc, his common medal equivalent, aren't very good due to the mechanics of their Special Attack multiplier. I wish it was KH1 Cloud instead.
https://www.reddit.com/r/KingdomHearts/comments/4kjsm2/khux_question_about_stitch_and_young_herc/

Stitch needs 4 specials to reach his max and young herc about 5 turns so DON'T USE HIM!!! He sucks. xD

Edit: I didn't notice there was another page of posts. So, basically what Atmej said. :p

Not really (of the three, Riku seems to be one most worth a damn), but most people have shitty Magic medals and the event hands out Meow Wows like delicious candy so why not?

Too true. I guess it's also just cool to say you guilted some medals. Also, might as well do it right now that the 1 AP event is running.

Psxphile

I mean, KHUXJP just got another event where they are able to merge the three into a combined Sora/Riku/Meow medal. That event will drop more medals to facilitate mergings and guiltings, including 5* versions apparently? Hopefully we see that version hit here too, and sooner rather than later.

Psxphile

Why are Sora and Riku hard to guilt?

Drop rate is low, and missions normally average 15-30 AP a pop. To fully guilt one medal of each type (and do it cheaply), you'll need a base minimum of seven 1*, 2* and/or 3* medals of each.

As for the combined medal: yes, I'd like to know more specifics about merging. People are saying only Sora's pips transfer over? Why not Meow Wow, which is more plentiful.

also

Banned
So basically what you want is a
-6* Sora with 5 pips
-6* star Sora with no pips
-2 6* Rikus with no pips
-2 6* Meow Wows with no pips.
That should get you a guilted event medal. Don't bother leveling them up.

Each additional guilt reroll will require a 6* Sora, a 6* Riku, a 6* Meow Wow, no pips needed.

is that correct?

EDIT: Any of the 3 medals can be used as the base, no need for it to be Sora but the base has to be lv 100, the other 2 can be any level.

Psxphile

Only the base medal's pips / % will carry over. What I do not know is if only Sora can be used as the base (as in this picture), or if any of the 3 can be the base medal.

Hm. I see.

Found this just now, so I think that belief about Sora having to be the base is false: link

^ whomever you use as the base will need to be max level, though. You can't "Evolve" a medal otherwise.

creid

Trying to get 1* 3D Sora for my album, but I've run the level 10 event quest like 20 times and nothing. Does it even drop there?

Psxphile

Same. Though I think I got mine from the second mission, either from a chest or as a mob enemy drop. I can definitely confirm 3D Riku 1* can be gotten from the first mission, since the was the last one I needed for the album collection.

Primus

How getting a Guilted Sora&Riku&Meowwow works:

Base medals - 1 6* w/3 dots, 1 6* w/2 dots.
Other medals - 2 6* w/0 dots of each of the other two medals.

It doesn't matter which of the trio you pick as the base, can be Soras or Rikus or Meowwows, so long as you match. Whatever two are left are the other medals in the equation.

First meld - Base 6* w/3 dots + other medal 1 + other medal 2 = Combined 6* w/3 dots.
Second meld - Base 6* w/2 dots + other medal 1 + other medal 2 = Combined 6* w/2 dots.
Third meld - Combined 6* w/3 dots + Combined 6* w/2 dots = Combined 6* w/Guilt.

The one i'm really having trouble getting is Sora. Already have 4 rikus and I haven't even done his specific quest. The other problem i'm gonna run into is space. Gonna be hard holding all these medals while I work my way through guilting them.

Primus

The one i'm really having trouble getting is Sora. Already have 4 rikus and I haven't even done his specific quest. The other problem i'm gonna run into is space. Gonna be hard holding all these medals while I work my way through guilting them.

Sora drop rate is the worst out of the entire bunch, Riku is slightly better, and we all will be drowning in Meowwows by the end of the event.

Neku89

Thanks for all the tips guys/gals :D I'm having fun with this game! I'm level 32 now, around quest 65. Do I absolutely need to join a party around this time? Raid bosses are beginning to be quite troublesome...

Using the Meow Wows as my base medals because they're dropping more but I have some Riku medals that I can prep - already have my other Sora and Riku medals at 6*.

So I have:
1 6* 3 dot Meow Wow
1 6* 2 dot Meow Wow
1 6* KH 3D Sora
1 6* KH 3D Riku

Working on the second 6* Riku but Sora... Ugh this is painful.

Psxphile

And we won't even be able to take advantage of it until SE decides to unlock the ability to merge them. Who knows when that'll be?

I don't think I'll bother guilting the combined medal more than once, so 8 Rikus, 2 Soras, and 2 Meow Wows is it for me.

And that's all done, so yay, no more farming. Got all the Yen Sids and Fantasia Mickeys I'll need, too. Now to just wait for Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday.

Bladelaw

Is there a GAF party? I added myself to the master list. I just started but I'm really enjoying it so far. I saw in the sheet there's a NeoGAF #1 party.

I'm NA/Unicornis.

Top Bottom