• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Holy shit just started farming for today and on the first try I got the two level 3 Soras I needed to finish the set. Now I just need 3 Rikus and i'll be able to start guilting all these puppies.

Psxphile

Remember, if you end up with extra 3* medals you don't plan on using for anything, you can always merge the dupes and sell them. Medals with max pips filled in net you Avatar Coins when sold (at the rate of 1 coin per pip). Really took advantage of that during the Snow White event, though 3* drops aren't as common now as they were then.

Psxphile

Maybe I'm just using it wrong. it seems to work better on single targets versus trying to use it as an AoE move. It also hasn't been evolved yet so

It strikes at random targets on every hit. It's not exactly AoE. Naturally it's better when you're fighting a singular opponent.

Falk

that puzzling face
It's kinda bad when you get a new bunch of missions and you essentially guess that it's going to be going to place X across like 10 stages, returning from place X to your original start place across another 10 stages, and then having the guess turn out to be right.

I mean come on, with a mickey medal requirement constantly being 1-rounding every enemy on the map, this really is tedious make-work.

Finally at mission 301. Will probably get to 350 by the end of the day. I plan on going all in next week and pay up $15 to unlock all the special missions, because at 1 ap, this'll be my best opportunity to max out the majority of my medals....

But, I think might have a problem. Been maxing out every Avatar Board and now I realize that if I 6* all my medals it won't be beneficial since I probably won't have enough Cost unlocked. Sitting at 150 Cost now and I'm on Avatar Board 58.

Guess I'll have to leave a couple 5* around. Gonna try guilting some stuff next week too.

Faiz

Finally at mission 301. Will probably get to 350 by the end of the day. I plan on going all in next week and pay up $15 to unlock all the special missions, because at 1 ap, this'll be my best opportunity to max out the majority of my medals....

But, I think might have a problem. Been maxing out every Avatar Board and now I realize that if I 6* all my medals it won't be beneficial since I probably won't have enough Cost unlocked. Sitting at 150 Cost now and I'm on Avatar Board 58.

Guess I'll have to leave a couple 5* around. Gonna try guilting some stuff next week too.

Yeah my wife and I are doing the same. First and maybe only time going in on the weekly. Her entire party seems to be doing the same next week. You won, Square!

And yeah you will definitely want to keep some 5s in for a while. Even 5 6s all fully cost reduced to 36 (each has 10 cid medals applied) that's still a 180 cost requirement. I'm at 168 still, 3 more premium avatar boards to go, the only keyblades I have more than 3 6s on is starlight, because it gets all my best medals, so those already have -10 cost.

HomesIice

Hey all!

Just downloaded this earlier today and I've been HOOKED.

Got a couple of questions

- Does GAF have a party in the EU Unicorn faction? (didn't see any listed in OP so thought I'd ask!)

- Is there ever a 'good' time to pull? Being familiar with gacha games and "rate up" events, I was just wondering if KHU is the same :/

- Does anyone else's app take a really long time to load between screens? i.e. mine takes a really long time to load 'quests' etc.

I'm changing my stance on the Daily Deal, screw it.

I did four this week, got five free medals (including TWO 5★ Jiminy Crickets) and all duplicates of stuff not worth mentioning. That's coming off five Daily Deals from the beginning of the month that were almost as bad. Wow, I have three pip Simba and Pluto now!! And pips to every single boost medal.

Yeah, it's nice when you start to pad out your inventory, but I'm taking the guaranteed "epic" from this point on.

Anybody know the current range to be in the Top 2500 of the coliseum? I'm fiending for that Defense Up II.

Is it worth it to buy the Donald suits?
If you are good with your medals, maybe, it's a little expensive but it does have Cids and both Attack Up II skills.

c-murph

Anybody know the current range to be in the Top 2500 of the coliseum? I'm fiending for that Defense Up II.

If you are good with your medals, maybe, it's a little expensive but it does have Cids and both Attack Up II skills.

I bought one of them for the Attack II medal! My medals are all basic farms. I've done one pull since I started and got Sora B, Genie, KH II Squall, and Alice who I've been maxing out and using.

Any idea if the suits come back someday? I missed the Goofy ones because no Jewels.

28? I'm at round 27 and ranked 2560th.
That might be possible. Thanks for the head's up.

I bought one of them for the Attack II medal! My medals are all basic farms. I've done one pull since I started and got Sora B, Genie, KH II Squall, and Alice who I've been maxing out and using.

Any idea if the suits come back someday? I missed the Goofy ones because no Jewels.
I would probably work on some medal pulls if I was you, pull until you have a couple of epic medals and a good set of support medals. The special avatar boards are definitely more geared towards players that are "set" in their decks and just need to boost them (Cids, Chips, Dales, etc.). Unless you REALLY like the avatar parts, of course.

I don't know if they come back, it's always possible.

c-murph

That might be possible. Thanks for the head's up.

I would probably work on some medal pulls if I was you, pull until you have a couple of epic medals and a good set of support medals. The special avatar boards are definitely more geared towards players that are "set" in their decks and just need to boost them (Cids, Chips, Dales, etc.). Unless you REALLY like the avatar parts, of course.

I don't know if they come back, it's always possible.

I've just been throwing all my Cid, Chip&Dale medals on my Defaults. I'm sure more will come around eventually. I've just been buying all the AP and Cost nodes so I can equip more 6* medals. I can't Guilt any of them yet because I'm only on Level 157...

I just maxed out the Starlight Keyblade. I have the Treasure Trove at Level 20 I believe. I need another Adamantite to level to 21. Probably going to start on Olympia next since I have a few Oricalciums saved.

Psxphile

Cids aren't really all that plentiful unless you're buying the weekly unlocks for the premium missions, you'll be able to drop the cost on maybe 3-4 6* medals before they start getting really hard to come by.

I wold advise maxing Treasure Trove, Lady Luck and Three Wishes a.s.a.p. if you haven't already. Those three keyblades prove to be invaluable for completing mission objectives and maxing damage output for the respective attributes.

Psxphile, are you currently working on guilting the event medals? If so, can you give me some help? I'm trying to level these up to level 4 and getting Fairy Godmothers is next to impossible and you need 3 for each medal.

Malyse

Nomura just throwing out plot details that completely changes what we thought we knew about the story so far.

Also, from the beginning to the end of [chi] is considered "season one" of Unchained, meaning we have a hell of a lot more to go. Also, the split between the two is going to happen soon. Interesting, as [chi] is basically right on the brink of the War, meaning that Unchained is probably going into go in an entirely different direction.

c-murph

Cids aren't really all that plentiful unless you're buying the weekly unlocks for the premium missions, you'll be able to drop the cost on maybe 3-4 6* medals before they start getting really hard to come by.

I wold advise maxing Treasure Trove, Lady Luck and Three Wishes a.s.a.p. if you haven't already. Those three keyblades prove to be invaluable for completing mission objectives and maxing damage output for the respective attributes.

I have Treasure Trove Mastered now... No more Adamantite.

Is it really necessary for Lady Luck and Three Wishes? Usually I just jump into the stage and beat it quickly with the keyblade. Then I replay with the Starlight to master everything else.

Psxphile

Psxphile, are you currently working on guilting the event medals? If so, can you give me some help? I'm trying to level these up to level 4 and getting Fairy Godmothers is next to impossible and you need 3 for each medal.

Yeah I am. The spreadsheet I linked earlier has an extensive medal drop list: link
Your best bet is Mission 270, but if you're not that far in story missions there are a few missions beforehand where she can be found too. Otherwise you'll be waiting until Friday for the specific mission to farm them.

I have Treasure Trove Mastered now... No more Adamantite.

Is it really necessary for Lady Luck and Three Wishes? Usually I just jump into the stage and beat it quickly with the keyblade. Then I replay with the Starlight to master everything else.
That's perfectly fine right now during the 1AP event, but when AP goes back to normal I think you'll find completing the objectives in as few tries as possible will go a long way.

Yeah I am. The spreadsheet I linked earlier has an extensive medal drop list: link
Your best bet is Mission 270, but if you're not that far in story missions there are a few missions beforehand where she can be found too. Otherwise you'll be waiting until Friday for the specific mission to farm them.

270, eh? I'll do what has to be done then.

Got to 350 finally. All keyblades are level 20 now. Tomorrow I'm going to start grinding all my medals up to 5* and then ouch and choose which ones will be great to 6*. Is their a medal tier list out there that's frequently updated?

Skittles

Got to 350 finally. All keyblades are level 20 now. Tomorrow I'm going to start grinding all my medals up to 5* and then ouch and choose which ones will be great to 6*. Is their a medal tier list out there that's frequently updated?
Not frequently, but i've been using this
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/1/d/1UxWNccH8QQXnvnDH-b1MRfscL5XdL6gpp0TNnvKne5U/pubhtml#

This also is good, but is in japanese
http://altema.jp/khux/medallist?sort=8#mida1

Wow, the illustrated black coat mickey looks great

Razmos

Not frequently, but i've been using this
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/1/d/1UxWNccH8QQXnvnDH-b1MRfscL5XdL6gpp0TNnvKne5U/pubhtml#

This also is good, but is in japanese
http://altema.jp/khux/medallist?sort=8#mida1

Wow, the illustrated black coat mickey looks great
I'm really surprised to see that Limit Form Sora is one of the best Speed Medals, I don't think it's all that great haha

Lol in fact, my Larxene, Limit Form Sora and KH2 Kairi medals are all very high tier, guess my speed setup isn't as bad as I thought.

I'm really surprised to see that Limit Form Sora is one of the best Speed Medals, I don't think it's all that great haha

Low cost, probably best single target damage medal that doesn't have any requirements (like specials used, status effects, HP dependent...)

Just a really solid, simple medal.

c-murph

Finally. I just marathoned levels all day to level 200 from level 130+. Guilted my first medal KH Goofy A and got Max 25%! Yay me! It's a common farmable but I don't care!

also

Banned
Beat level 59 in the coliseum and I think this is as far as I go. Can't reach top 100 but it should be enough to stay in the top 1000; currently rank ~180.

Psxphile

yeah that was 1 AP. But I tried a different special quest and I got deducted the half off amount.
Ah, I see the problem. Confirmed only happens with Special quests, seems the 1/2 AP Monday deal is overriding the 1AP promo for select quests. Probably Munny Quest too when that pops. Can't say about the Premiums since I don't have access. Best just avoid those quests for the day if you don't want to run out of AP.

Adamantite quest isn't affected by this glitch because they never fall under 1/2AP on Mondays.
EDIT: jeez, the Half AP message still shows up when selecting a mission! It alternates with the 1AP message. Fucking hilarious.

How many spinoffs, rereleases, and remasters can you release....BEFORE EVERYONE LOSES THEIR MINDS!!!!!!!!

Community thread is that way.

Top Bottom