• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Bought the weekly deal then noticed my AP zooming down. Guess they need to readjust stuff? Maybe at 7am when it resets I guess.

Also any tips for 3 Mickeying the boss fights? (Missions 300, 310, 314, and 350)

Or is just a case of git good with better medals.

Started playing this the other day. While the story continuity is just bonkers at this point (and I'm still mad the Keyblade War period was explored here before KH3), the gameplay is addicting. Probably won't overtake FF:RK as my go to mobile or gacha game but it's nice to have something alongside FF:BE while waiting for stamina.

I'm just wondering if I'm doing things right. Considering some other gacha experience, I am expecting Jewel frequency to drop after a certain time. Following the same experience, I reached stage 75 not worrying much about full stage completion yet (satisfied with 2/3 medals) for the purpose of pulling on the 3000 Jewel banner as fast as possible. After said pull, this is my situation:

http://imgur.com/zRGXuio

I sell the moogles as fast as I get them (already sold the ones in the photo), power up my strongest units with the nephews (that sounds wrong) and considering each of the Keyblades I have has specific uses based on the type of advantage you need, I power them all as soon as I get materials (have 4 slots in all but the first one since I'm missing that Orichalcum). I also power up every avatar but don't go for cosmetic stuff.

What are some general pointers from this point on?

Also, I'm semi-tempted to get the 3000+1700 deal so I'm also wondering if that is worth it. I don't plan on spending much if at all on this game but I usually go for starter stuff as they can get you a long way.

Ydelnae

So I joined Unicornis thinking that we were the OP party and then I see the weekly lux rank...

rbI9bFf.gif

Faiz

Also, I'm semi-tempted to get the 3000+1700 deal so I'm also wondering if that is worth it. I don't plan on spending much if at all on this game but I usually go for starter stuff as they can get you a long way.

To be clear, it's 3000 total (3000 for the regular price of 1700).

And yeah, today is the first time I've done the deal. Even with the bug affecting today due, it will be worth it for the week. Do t skip today if you are gonna do it though, you'll lose out on 3 Cid medals.

I'm at work now so it's whatever for now. But by this afternoon, I would hope this would be sorted out. I paid my $15 so I can grind all week long baby! Lol.

I'm just wondering if I'm doing things right. Considering some other gacha experience, I am expecting Jewel frequency to drop after a certain time. Following the same experience, I reached stage 75 not worrying much about full stage completion yet (satisfied with 2/3 medals) for the purpose of pulling on the 3000 Jewel banner as fast as possible. After said pull, this is my situation:

http://imgur.com/zRGXuio

I sell the moogles as fast as I get them (already sold the ones in the photo), power up my strongest units with the nephews (that sounds wrong) and considering each of the Keyblades I have has specific uses based on the type of advantage you need, I power them all as soon as I get materials (have 4 slots in all but the first one since I'm missing that Orichalcum). I also power up every avatar but don't go for cosmetic stuff.

What are some general pointers from this point on?

1. Jewel frequency will drop once you catch up on the Story missions (currently there are 350 in NA). You'll also get 30 for beating each Special/Event mission for the first time.

2. DO worry about doing each optional objective for missions. Mythril Shards are primarily obtained this way and are necessary for every Keyblade level up. The Avatar coins are also quite useful.

3. As far as keyblades go, the most powerful thing you can do is get 5 slots. The attack bonuses are nice, but unless you're maxing Starlight (the first keyblade), they're limited to just one attack type.

4. Good work with the avatar boards, just get those first 3 (the AP, Cost, and HP increases), then go to the next board. You can come back and clean up later.

5. If you're going to buy the $15 upgrade, this is the week to do it. With the 1AP event and the VIP quests together, leveling/evolving medals is absolutely broken. Went from 5 6* medals to about 30.

6. If you do decide to buy the $15 unlock, do the Cid daily quest every day. You'll be glad you did later on.

7̶.̶ ̶L̶i̶t̶e̶r̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶s̶p̶e̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶j̶e̶w̶e̶l̶s̶ ̶i̶n̶c̶r̶e̶a̶s̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶s̶t̶o̶r̶a̶g̶e̶ ̶c̶a̶p̶a̶c̶i̶t̶y̶,̶ ̶Y̶o̶u̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶d̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶p̶.̶.̶ ̶A̶t̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶p̶o̶i̶n̶t̶,̶ ̶I̶ ̶h̶a̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶m̶i̶c̶r̶o̶m̶a̶n̶a̶g̶e̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶i̶n̶v̶e̶n̶t̶o̶r̶y̶ ̶a̶f̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶m̶i̶s̶s̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶n̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶5̶0̶0̶ ̶c̶a̶p̶a̶c̶i̶t̶y̶.̶
EDIT: So, apparently I'm crazy for this. I have no idea how you people don't need a ton of storage.

8. Make sure you understand the process of evolving and guilting medals, it's how you make them truly strong.

EDIT: 9. Don't worry about getting medals to 6 stars initially. The keyblade cost for 5 stars and below is small enough that you'll probably never even notice the mechanic is there, but you'll have to start managing it if you use 6* medals. And a deck of 5* medals will get you through most of the story missions/a lot of the Special/Event ones.

Famassu

Eh, I don't think 500 medal capacity is necessary unless you're going to spend thousands of dollars into this game and play it obsessively. I've been doing just fine with my capacity of <190, though I do see myself having to up that a bit in the next couple of months. You just need to decide what medals to focus on and be efficient with leveling up, guilding & evolving your medals.

Malyse

Started playing this the other day. While the story continuity is just bonkers at this point (and I'm still mad the Keyblade War period was explored here before KH3), the gameplay is addicting. Probably won't overtake FF:RK as my go to mobile or gacha game but it's nice to have something alongside FF:BE while waiting for stamina.
Why? With Sora's Mark of Mastery Test, finding Aqua in the Realm of Darkness, probably returning to the Castke that Never Was to recollect her armor and keyblade, saving Ventus from Castle Oblivion, and finding the Seven Lights (plus whatever happens with Kairi and Lea), on top of all the Disney Worlds (like BH6 being a sequel instead of a retelling), they really don't need to add Epherema, Skuld, The Master, the Foretellers and everything leading to the Keyblade War. KH3 is already dangerously close to collapsing under the absurd amount of story weight; this isn't just the sequel to KH2, it's the continuation of BBS.2, 3D, coded, and possibly the final resolution of Days and the [chi] trinity. Anything to reduce that is welcome and I prefer a free mobile game to the alternative of playing nothing awaiting II.8.
Jeez. Really? Thought I'd be okay with just 100.
That is super terrible advice. Unless you plan on whaling, you can reasonably get by without buying storage until a sale. If you have 500 storage and you can't keep your stuff straight, you just aren't good at organization.

also

Banned
7. Literally spend all of your jewels increasing your storage capacity, You can do this in the shop.. At one point, I had to micromanage my inventory after every mission even with 500 capacity.

I'm at 180 capacity and feel that's enough for now. With the current 1AP promotion I was able to fuse all the spare medals and now have plenty of space left. 500 is complete overkill and a waste of jewels, imo. Especially since someone mentioned that JP got a promotion where storage space was discounted.

Bladelaw

1. Jewel frequency will drop once you catch up on the Story missions (currently there are 350 in NA). You'll also get 30 for beating each Special/Event mission for the first time.

2. DO worry about doing each optional objective for missions. Mythril Shards are primarily obtained this way and are necessary for every Keyblade level up. The Avatar coins are also quite useful.

3. As far as keyblades go, the most powerful thing you can do is get 5 slots. The attack bonuses are nice, but unless you're maxing Starlight (the first keyblade), they're limited to just one attack type.

4. Good work with the avatar boards, just get those first 3 (the AP, Cost, and HP increases), then go to the next board. You can come back and clean up later.

5. If you're going to buy the $15 upgrade, this is the week to do it. With the 1AP event and the VIP quests together, leveling/evolving medals is absolutely broken. Went from 5 6* medals to about 30.

6. If you do decide to buy the $15 unlock, do the Cid daily quest every day. You'll be glad you did later on.

7. Literally spend all of your jewels increasing your storage capacity, You can do this in the shop.. At one point, I had to micromanage my inventory after every mission even with 500 capacity.

8. Make sure you understand the process of evolving and guilting medals, it's how you make them truly strong.

Ok I'm in a similar position and this is a huge help. I understand Evolving from other similar games (mostly Puzzle and Dragons and Terra Battle) but Guilting doesn't make much sense to me. Is there a resource dedicated to this game like www.puzzledragonx.com is for Puzzle and Dragons? I don't mind doing some reading to better understand the game but I'd like to know where the best place for info is.

My 5* medals are KH Cloud (x2), KH2 Leon, Aqua (so freaking strong), Daisy, and Dr. Jumba Jookiba. Is there a reason to keep multiples of the same medal? Should I fuse like medals together? I'm planning on the $15 as my only spend so I want to make the most of it. I've hit story level 100 and player level 50.

I've said it in a few other places but Birth by Sleep set up a perfect mystery of an ancient battle that raged and created the world. It was Xehanort who wanted to find out what that mystery is and what lies beyond its results. I feel like finding out the truth, even in small droplets (like KH2 dropped a few hints about the past (BBS) with Xigbar's reference, LS appearing, etc.) should have been one of the bigger reveals of KH3. So, in essence, BBS setting up a premise which KH3 explores. A lot of it went to hell with DDD already but this makes me sad that an opportunity has been missed. What I'm saying is that the existance of this particular game or storyline would have made a lot more sense after KH3 dropped. But it can't helped unfortunately.

This is very helpful, thank you.

I'm at 180 capacity and feel that's enough for now. With the current 1AP promotion I was able to fuse all the spare medals and now have plenty of space left. 500 is complete overkill and a waste of jewels, imo. Especially since someone mentioned that JP got a promotion where storage space was discounted.

Oh, there are discounts for buying more inventory space? Interesting.

By the way, I'm doing perfectly fine at 120. 500 seems like wayyyyy too much. There's no need to hoard obsolete medals in this game; once you find a better medal you'll probably never touch it again.

What's more important for you to spend your excess jewels on are the premium avatar boards that give you more Cost. Those are absolutely vital.

Malyse

I've said it in a few other places but Birth by Sleep set up a perfect mystery of an ancient battle that raged and created the world. It was Xehanort who wanted to find out what that mystery is and what lies beyond its results. I feel like finding out the truth, even in small droplets (like KH2 dropped a few hints about the past (BBS) with Xigbar's reference, LS appearing, etc.) should have been one of the bigger reveals of KH3. So, in essence, BBS setting up a premise which KH3 explores. A lot of it went to hell with DDD already but this makes me sad that an opportunity has been missed. What I'm saying is that the existance of this particular game or storyline would have made a lot more sense after KH3 dropped. But it can't helped unfortunately.

This is very helpful, thank you.
There's more going on in [chi] than is apparent at the outset.

Faiz

Jeez. Really? Thought I'd be okay with just 100.

I JUST TODAY expanded to 90. It takes some management at times but it's not been insane. I'm sure eventually end up with maxed storage but blowing it out right away, unless you are a whale, seems pretty pointless to me. Just expand as you feel necessary.

Famassu

Me and my brother are looking for a Vulpes party to join. My brother just began so don't expect 100% guilted Sephiroths or anything, but we will both play somewhat actively.

IDs are

Though... He's playing the European version and I'm still using the US apk. Is that a problem?

Malyse

Yeah I thought that sounded a bit excessive lol
I'm still at 50.
My JP account is at 135 and half of those were mistakes from not know what it said, playing to tired and hitting the wrong button, rushing through, etc. I only use around 80 and I've been playing since day one. There is virtually no reason to buy storage and literally no reason to buy max storage. Furthermore, what are you even storing if you aren't doing pulls? No. You shouldn't be buying storage unless you are prompted that you are over and even then, only if you're still over after using/selling any Moogles, Cids, Chips, Dales, Ducks, and Scrooges in your inventory. There is no reason to pack rat enhancements, cause this game is liberal as all fuck with giving you more.

Bladelaw

1 AP is bugged right now. I'm not happy. Where do I direct my complaints?

I didn't realize 1AP is an event. I guess I'll push a bit more vigorously now.

Thanks to the advice from above I have a 6* HD Aqua wrecking faces. My big goal is getting an Adamantine to hit level 20 on my Starlight Keyblade. I'm also effectively broke and having to clean out medals every quest but that's ok.

My short term plan will be to have 1 6* for each element, then build up the necessary fillers as needed. With enough Cid's is it possible to have a full keyblade of 6* medals? Is there any North America content that requires that much power?

You guys are crazy. The problem I kept running into is that I kept doing 600 jewel pulls because in games like this (imo, and it's been working well so far) more medals > guaranteed medals. Prior to the 1AP event though, there weren't enough evolve/xp medals to get them pipped, so I'd have to hold on to them. Since you can only do the 600 pull once a day, I did it as often as I could, since I had saved up pretty much all the jewels + 3 weeks of the $15 deal. In writing that, I see how that's a bit of a unique problem, but I find it crazy you guys can get by with ~100! That's insane.

Ok I'm in a similar position and this is a huge help. I understand Evolving from other similar games (mostly Puzzle and Dragons and Terra Battle) but Guilting doesn't make much sense to me. Is there a resource dedicated to this game like www.puzzledragonx.com is for Puzzle and Dragons? I don't mind doing some reading to better understand the game but I'd like to know where the best place for info is.

Look these over:

1ngx6wG.jpg

i0mk4Kg.png

Basically, to power-up a medal's special attack you need to fill in "pips". You do that by merging a dupe medal, down to the Stars (level only matters for XP). You can start doing this with 3*s. If you merge two dupes with pips filled in, those pips carry over (plus the one for merging). If you've completed Mission 200 a "6th dot" a.k.a. Special Attack Bonus a.k.a. Guilt is enabled. Merge your 6* dupes with up to 5 pips filled in between them to activate Guilt. It's bonus damage for your special attack.

Malyse

I didn't realize 1AP is an event. I guess I'll push a bit more vigorously now.

Thanks to the advice from above I have a 6* HD Aqua wrecking faces. My big goal is getting an Adamantine to hit level 20 on my Starlight Keyblade. I'm also effectively broke and having to clean out medals every quest but that's ok.

My short term plan will be to have 1 6* for each element, then build up the necessary fillers as needed. With enough Cid's is it possible to have a full keyblade of 6* medals? Is there any North America content that requires that much power?
Five 6* requires Cids.

Malyse

You guys are crazy. The problem I kept running into is that I kept doing 600 jewel pulls because in games like this more medals > guaranteed medals. Prior to the 1AP event though, there weren't enough evolve/xp medals to get them pipped, so I'd have to hold on to them. Since you can only do the 600 pull once a day, I did it as often as I could, since I had saved up pretty much all the jewels + 3 weeks of the $15 deal. In writing that, I see how that's a bit of a unique problem, but I find it crazy you guys can get by with ~100! That's insane.

That's because we know that the medals you get now aren't worth it. If you could pull Illustrated Kairi, Mickey, Terra, Aqua, Ventus or Boss Marluxia, you might have a point for increased storage. But the medals now aren't great and not significantly better than guilted farmable ones. I know what's coming cause I have a lot of them on my other account. You've wasted a lot of jewels for little return.

So how many people gave SquareEnix Money today for Jewel and VIP access? Raise you Keyblades.

I fortunately don't need to. I only need to upgrade the 3D medals and I already got all the necessary Yen Sids and Fantasia Mickeys; the rest of the special quests are not useful enough to me right now to warrant having every one of them available.

I'll be sure to take advantage of the Munny quests while the 1 AP thing is going on, of course.

Falk

that puzzling face
The problem I kept running into is that I kept doing 600 jewel pulls because in games like this (imo, and it's been working well so far) more medals > guaranteed medals

At early stages, yeah I agree.

As the game progresses:

2) there are more different medals in the game
1) you have enough of a shotgun blast smorgasbord of medals to get decent teams

For every new batch of medals added, 1) means the chances of you rolling them vs anything else keeps decreasing, and 2) means the chances of you rolling dupes keeps increasing.

At some point pulling on rate-up deals is going to be a better bang for jewels to get stuff that's useful to you, vs even 50% more medals.

Razmos

I'm 1 medal away from guilt on Auron, Black Coat KH2 Rikku, KH Yuffie and Magician Donald. Give me some more dupes dammnit!

Bladelaw

So how many people gave SquareEnix Money today for Jewel and VIP access? Raise you Keyblades.

*raises Keyblade up*

So I'm going to be bouncing from Munny-->EXP-->Evo-->Munny quests pretty much as soon as I get home.

As I understand it there's not a great reason to have multiple of the same medal on the blade until you've guilted a medal? Also that I should max level and guilt before evoing?

also

Banned
Just extending it by a day is not good enough. They would also have to extend the VIP quest event and give everyone who bought the 3000 jewel pack access.
+ a guilted Sephiroth

Razmos

The 1 AP issue has been fixed. All players will receive 600 jewels and anyone who bought the weekly jewel unlock will get a further 600 jewels

also

Banned
The 1 AP issue has been fixed. All players will receive 600 jewels and anyone who bought the weekly jewel unlock will get a further 600 jewels
That's pretty good.

I don't mind SE messing up if that's the kind of compensation we can expect.

Primus

Past 7pm Pacific, no compensation. Can we riot now?

EDIT: Got my compensation, please disperse the rioting in the streets and return to your homes for more VIP grinding.

I got 600 jewels just now, but I bought the 3000 pack like 12 hours ago, so shouldn't I have gotten 1200? Maybe they're sending them out separately since they have to sort out who did and didn't buy the pack...

Top Bottom