• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

xclk07

With enough Cid's is it possible to have a full keyblade of 6* medals? Is there any North America content that requires that much power?

I've been buying the weekly unlocks for Cids and I have all of my keyblades with five 6*s. Right now, it's complete overkill save for a couple mickey challenges of killing some of the bosses within x turns. (For instance, I had to try a few difft combinations to kill the level 350 boss in a single turn, but that is literally the last level available for NA right now).

Related: JP players, are there any situations where COM Namine is better than Alice? I would think debuff is always better than mirror or am I totally off base?

inner-G

Banned
I've said it in a few other places but Birth by Sleep set up a perfect mystery of an ancient battle that raged and created the world. It was Xehanort who wanted to find out what that mystery is and what lies beyond its results. I feel like finding out the truth, even in small droplets (like KH2 dropped a few hints about the past (BBS) with Xigbar's reference, LS appearing, etc.) should have been one of the bigger reveals of KH3. So, in essence, BBS setting up a premise which KH3 explores. A lot of it went to hell with DDD already but this makes me sad that an opportunity has been missed. What I'm saying is that the existance of this particular game or storyline would have made a lot more sense after KH3 dropped. But it can't helped unfortunately.
I don't think arranging the games so that the story makes sense has ever been a focus in the series whatsoever.

Also, you got another $15 from me Square! The 1ap stuff is too good to pass up. Have they said how long it lasts?

I always wanted the Keyitade War to be an MMO. Wouldnt be surprised if it still went that way honestly. It should end like the Matrix Online where if you die in battle is game over. It should be just like a brief period. Maybe you can transport your chi Unchained character into the game or something...idk. Would be cool though.

Finished upgrading my power medals. Next is speed, then magic. Cid's are about to become my best friend from now on.

RalchAC

People that didn't buy the 3000 gem pack has got 600 jewels too. It seems they are being kind due to the game recently launching in EU.

I've bought a new premium costume and I still have 3500 Jewels. I'm not sure if I'm going to do a 10-pull in next week Epic Medal carnival or wait a little bit more. I'd rather wait for the Gacha pool to get a bit bigger so there is a bigger chance to not pull dupes.

Bladelaw

With the 1AP thing plus the week long access to all the things it's totally plausible to max out (fully evolve and level, not guilt) a full keyblade's worth of power, speed, and magic medals right? I feel like the bouncing between Munny-->EXP-->Evo mats is really pushing me up. I want to get to the point where I can do the Adamantite challenge. Is there anything I can do to really gear up for that? I don't want to burn jewels on more Medals, I'm pretty happy with my selection, just not doing great on speed medals.

I'm sitting at 100 cost and an almost fully leveled Starlight Keyblade, Also at story level 111.

I'm wondering if I should keep pushing the story to level 200 so I can get to the guilt system, or run the specials to max out what I have.

With the 1AP thing plus the week long access to all the things it's totally plausible to max out (fully evolve and level, not guilt) a full keyblade's worth of power, speed, and magic medals right? I feel like the bouncing between Munny-->EXP-->Evo mats is really pushing me up. I want to get to the point where I can do the Adamantite challenge. Is there anything I can do to really gear up for that? I don't want to burn jewels on more Medals, I'm pretty happy with my selection, just not doing great on speed medals.

I'm sitting at 100 cost and an almost fully leveled Starlight Keyblade, Also at story level 111.

I'm wondering if I should keep pushing the story to level 200 so I can get to the guilt system, or run the specials to max out what I have.

If you have the ability to guilt some of your medals already, I would definitely recommend getting to chapter 200 in the story mode while the 1AP event is running, especially since Story missions get really expensive to run once you get past 150 or so.

Just make sure to complete as many objectives as possible your first time through. Revisiting previous story missions is honestly kinda tedious.

Man, I really wish I could buy the 15 dollar pack. The 1 AP makes it the best possible time to do so. I could get so much stuff done. Sucks to be broke.

Bladelaw

If you have the ability to guilt some of your medals already, I would definitely recommend getting to chapter 200 in the story mode while the 1AP event is running, especially since Story missions get really expensive to run once you get past 150 or so.

Just make sure to complete as many objectives as possible your first time through. Revisiting previous story missions is honestly kinda tedious.

I could guilt at least Cloud. I guess that's what I'll do. I'll push to story 200. Is there a reason to go beyond 200 to unlock any new mechanics? I'm clearing at least 2 of 3 objectives every mission. Usually the one I miss is kill x in one turn or less because I lack a strong medal in the appropriate element (99% of the time it's speed). I don't mind tedium. It gives me something to do while I'm waiting in a line or something.

What Speed medals should I be on the lookout for? Master Form Sora is my strongest by a fair margin.

I could guilt at least Cloud. I guess that's what I'll do. I'll push to story 200. Is there a reason to go beyond 200 to unlock any new mechanics? I'm clearing at least 2 of 3 objectives every mission. Usually the one I miss is kill x in one turn or less because I lack a strong medal in the appropriate element (99% of the time it's speed). I don't mind tedium. It gives me something to do while I'm waiting in a line or something.

What Speed medals should I be on the lookout for? Master Form Sora is my strongest by a fair margin.

In terms of personal growth, there's not much for you past 200, although you can get some 5*/6* evolve medals without needing to wait for the specific days they are available if you get far enough (forgot which missions they are in).

Master Form Sora is indeed one of the best speed medals available right now. I would also recommend guilting Tidus, Stitch (until you can guilt Master Form Sora, which is a better version of Stitch), and Sora A so you can still do good damage.

Other good speed medals are Aladdin, Sephiroth (only available in Epic 10-medal pulls), Limit Form Sora, and KHII Riku.

Also, make sure to keep any boost medals you come across. Pence/Olette/Hayner are trash, but DiZ/KHII Aerith/Vivi (and to a lesser extent White Rabbit/Phil/KH Aerith) are pretty vital, along with KHII Kairi.

RalchAC

Not really. I think the important unlocks in the game are the Power Bangle after beating Quest 200 and the Coliseum, which becomes accesible after Quest 130-135 IIRC.

Don't worry about not 3-mickeying everything. You will have plenty of time in quieter weeks to do that.

As far as farmable medals go, I would say that Stitch is useful (even though it has the same skill as your Linal Form Sora), Tidus and maybe KH1. Sora A.

I think the strongest point about Tidus is that he does a nice amount of damage for 1 bar. Considering how Speed has a bunch of medals that hit harder the more skills you've used in a row (Stitch, Master Form Sora, Sephiroth), going for cheap units isn't a bad idea.

That's what I think, at least.

Finally guilted 2 of the medals and then reguilted them. Riku is sitting pretty at 24 percent and I'm pretty happy about that. Sora is at 22 percent only but i'm pretty much already at the highest point I can be for Speed medals anyways so I'm not too bothered. Only have to work on Meow Meow now and i'll be done. If I can get everything done by Friday i'll probably spend the weekend reguilting the 3 so I can reach 25 percent. I'm gonna miss 1 AP so much when it's gone.

WHOO! Holy shit I just barely managed to squeak by and beat the Treasure Trove Adamantite challenge. My god, I literally had a sliver of health left and only one normal attack to go. Sweating bullets here I swear. That's two keyblades down.

c-murph

WHOO! Holy shit I just barely managed to squeak by and beat the Treasure Trove Adamantite challenge. My god, I literally had a sliver of health left and only one normal attack to go. Sweating bullets here I swear. That's two keyblades down.

Congrats! I got Starlight and Treasure Trove at Lv.21 and Olympia at Lv.17. Hoping to get the other two Adamantites before weekend.

Ydelnae

I've been focusing on upgrading Treasure Trove because I wast waiting for Olympia to become available, but people have told me it's not that great. Should I focus on getting Lady Luck and the other one maxed out? I've heard Starlight becomes obsolete in later missions.

Lnds500

I've been focusing on upgrading Treasure Trove because I wast waiting for Olympia to become available, but people have told me it's not that great. Should I focus on getting Lady Luck and the other one maxed out? I've heard Starlight becomes obsolete in later missions.

Dunno. I always use the "main three" (Treasure Trove/Lady Luck/Three Wishes) but all my keyblades are maxed right now.

Olympia is a Power/Speed keyblade and at lvl 21 has 18 Specil Attack points - which could come handy later on.

Got all the 2.8 event medals guilted. 6*'d all my premium medals too. Feels good. Guessing I'll just power up my pleb 5* medals to max and 6* the irrelevant ones just to have them in the album. After that I guess I'll just farm munny.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Man, leveling medals up is so damn expensive it's depressing :(

I feel like I've hit a barrier in terms of medal cost limit, too.

Nightbird

Started on Saturday, and now I'm level 33 and at Mission 70-something. I spent 99 cents once (but that's okay since its Google survey money)

this is one of the best mobile games I've played yet. Especially since after 4 Days of playing I
a) still don't feel like I have to purchase something to progress, and

b) my AP have yet fall down to 50% I can always play.

easy 8/10 so far.

Ydelnae

Not to burst your bubble, but that won't last long when the 1 AP event ends

How much do the mission really cost? Like, the special missions and story quest. I've heard some people only get to do one main quest a day because they cost so much, is that true? I seriously hope not

Zebei

How much do the mission really cost? Like, the special missions and story quest. I've heard some people only get to do one main quest a day because they cost so much, is that true? I seriously hope not

The highest EXP medal mission (Huey Dewey and Louie) is 30 AP
I believe the 6* evolve medals are 45 AP or something close

Story mission AP costs rises as you get furthur. The first few are 3 or 4, and around mission 350 I think they are about 18 right now

Currently have 160 AP at level 218 if you care about the math btw

I haven't really had a problem with being low on AP for way too long in a long time.

edited for typo

Razmos

sMveEmz.jpg
Rolled 49% on the initial guilt, nice

Psxphile

The highest EXP medal mission (Huey Dewey and Louie) is 30 AP
I believe the 6* evolve medals are 45 AP or something close

Story mission AP costs rises as you get furthur. The first few are 3 or 4, and around mission 350 I think they are about 18 right now

Currently have 120 AP at level 218 if you care about the math btw

I haven't really had a problem with being low on AP for way too long in a long time.

I'm around the same level and have 160AP. Have you been neglecting buying AP upgrades from the Avatar Boards?

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
AP limits are a blessing in disguise. That way I know exactly when I need to stop playing.

That goes for all gacha games :p

SoulUnison

Banned
AP limits are a blessing in disguise. That way I know exactly when I need to stop playing.

That goes for all gacha games :p

Yeah, 1 AP events are stressful because when I can play infinitely it feel like I'm only hurting myself when I'm not *forcing* myself to take advantage of it.

alittlelove

Neo Member
Why is Riku's drop rate so shit :|

I'm actually more likely to not want to play with 1AP - it just feels like there's no end, and that's tiring.

Jh2rL25.jpg
X7bEWu6.jpg

25 6*s now. I'm weaker for it until I level up the trash tier medals until I can raise the cost up to 180. I'm at 160 now.

Edit: Any suggestions for medals to focus on?

Whoo doggy! Just rerolled my Meow Wow from 17 percent to max 25. Feels good, man. Now to work on the others.

Congrats! I got Starlight and Treasure Trove at Lv.21 and Olympia at Lv.17. Hoping to get the other two Adamantites before weekend.

Starlight will be pretty impossible for me until i can fit at least 3 six stars.

wow Jesus Christ, I'm at 10 and I thought I was going along pretty nicely

also this game is a tonne of fun and the depth of the medal fusion seems really cool. I had no idea what this game was even like before I downloaded it but it's fantastic

it's also maybe the nicest looking iOS game I've ever played

xclk07

Two questions for you fine people:

1. Has anyone beaten Col level 10 round 38? If so, what keyblade, medals, and abilities? I'm using Lady Luck and can beat the (blue) dark plant, but it nearly exhausts my special abilities and then I get my ass kicked by the trio of red shadows.

2. Is there a max money limit? Feel as though if there is, I should try to hit it before 1ap goes away.

Two questions for you fine people:

1. Has anyone beaten Col level 10 round 38? If so, what keyblade, medals, and abilities? I'm using Lady Luck and can beat the (blue) dark plant, but it nearly exhausts my special abilities and then I get my ass kicked by the trio of red shadows.

2. Is there a max money limit? Feel as though if there is, I should try to hit it before 1ap goes away.
As far as #2 if there is one is pretty high. There apparently is a title for 100,000,000 munny called Billionaire.

I'm a bit miffed because I'm so far behind I can't do the adamantium quests. Level 107, just got my first 6* and guilted medal a few days ago. So I'm going to be even further behind. Ugh.

alittlelove

Neo Member
I'm a bit miffed because I'm so far behind I can't do the adamantium quests. Level 107, just got my first 6* and guilted medal a few days ago. So I'm going to be even further behind. Ugh.

The adamantium quests are just cycling themselves right now - the Treasure Trove one this week is the same as the one from two weeks ago, so I don't think you need to worry too much about it yet.

Tidd

12 new medals were added! My guess would be the 2nd batch of Org. XIII (Xaldin, Saix, Xigbar, Demyx and Luxord) which would be 10 medals. Maybe two more premium medals or we could get Mickey and Brooms!

It seems that the cap has been raised on keyblades. So new Adamantite missions could be on the way! I just used the one from the starlight keyblade mission to upgrade my treasure trove (not worth it for me since no reverse medals).

It seems that the cap has been raised on keyblades. So new Adamantite missions could be on the way! I just used the one from the starlight keyblade mission to upgrade my treasure trove (not worth it for me since no reverse medals).

Makes sense seeing the Adamantite missions are all Pt. 1's

Bladelaw

Anyone else's phone get extremely hot playing this game? Like too hot to touch the screen for long? I got a temp warning on my phone during the last marathon session. This is the first game I've ever had that happen with. I've played other games for similar periods of time (Puzzle and Dragons, Terra Battle) and it never got this bad.

Ydelnae

Apparently there will be Premium Medals for the HD versions of the characters featured in Chi. Japan is getting Sora soon. I hope we get him too. I figure strengh would be HD Riku or Mickey.

CloWoZ1WIAI_pHv.png

Sölf

I have a question for all those Cid and Chip and Dale and other buff medals. If I use them to buff, let's say, my 5 star Aqua, would that buff still be there if I evolve her to 6 star Aqua?

Top Bottom