• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Faiz

Sölf;208103208 said:
I have a question for all those Cid and Chip and Dale and other buff medals. If I use them to buff, let's say, my 5 star Aqua, would that buff still be there if I evolve her to 6 star Aqua?

Cids only apply to 6*, but yea in the chip and dale medals.

Sölf

Cids only apply to 6*, but yea in the chip and dale medals.

So, I could basically dump them all into some of my medals, like Aqua and, dunno, Sora for example to get room. Because I have so many I haven't used that I had to buy room for ~150 medals if I didn't want to use/sell some after every 3 quests. xD

Apparently there will be Premium Medals for the HD versions of the characters featured in Chi. Japan is getting Sora soon. I hope we get him too. I figure strengh would be HD Riku or Mickey.

We haven't seen CG DDD Sora yet, have we? They must've captured him from new CGI in 2.8 or 3.

Sölf;208103820 said:
So, I could basically dump them all into some of my medals, like Aqua and, dunno, Sora for example to get room. Because I have so many I haven't used that I had to buy room for ~150 medals if I didn't want to use/sell some after every 3 quests. xD

Just to note, 5* medals can only go up to +400 for attack/defense.

Psxphile

CloWoZ1WIAI_pHv.png

What a curious render.

It's very similar to the CGI Sora from 3D's fmv OP but altered to reflect KH 3D Sora. I guess it's more accurate to say it's a new render that's based on an old one.

Actually, there's quite a few renders/real-time models of KH characters in some of the medals I've seen that I didn't even know exist (6* versions especially). It's easy enough to assume they made new ones in order to pad out medals for every character, but part of me wants to believe they're either very seldom-seen or produced but never used (for advertisements, magazine spreads and what have you).

Should I bother rerolling my KH3D Riku, guys? It's at 24 percent guilt and max is 25. I have 2 rikus ready to go but those are the Rikus i was going to use for the future combined KH3D medal. The other two stand alones are at max guilt so it kind bothers me but at the same time Rikus have been really hard to get for me. Dunno what to do.

Psxphile

Not worth it for a 1% increase.

I wouldn't even say it was worth it for a 10% increase. The odds of landing a higher roll is the same as your first roll, and hitting 24% on a first try is incredibly lucky. Just save those Rikus for the future event.

Faiz

Sölf;208103820 said:

If it's a medal you know you will take to 6* then sure. I think there's a lower cap on 5*, not really sure because I haven't needed to put them on a 5 in forever.

But you can also evo them to save space, then put them on a medal later.

Not worth it for a 1% increase.

I wouldn't even say it was worth it for a 10% increase. The odds of landing a higher roll is the same as your first roll, and hitting 24% on a first try is incredibly lucky. Just save those Rikus for the future event.

You're right. I'm having flashbacks to how long I farmed to get the Rikus I have. So many Meow Wows. SO MANY!

Tirod

Where in the world do 1 Star 3D Sora and Riku drop from this event? I just need those 2 + Riku's 2 Star portrait for album completion and I'm done with the event.

Threw myself at the last mob in the first quest for awhile, got nothing. Threw myself at the last mob in the second quest, got nothing.

Are they on one of the weaker enemies in the advanced quest or something? Dark Plant/High Wizard only drop 3 Star versions.

Where in the world do 1 Star 3D Sora and Riku drop from this event? I just need those 2 + Riku's 2 Star portrait for album completion and I'm done with the event.

Threw myself at the last mob in the first quest for awhile, got nothing. Threw myself at the last mob in the second quest, got nothing.

Are they on one of the weaker enemies in the advanced quest or something? Dark Plant/High Wizard only drop 3 Star versions.

I dunno what enemy dropped it but I got 1 star Riku from third quest.

creid

I believe I eventually got 1* Sora by killing all enemy groups in the first event quest. Took a while though.

Famassu

So about those KH3D medals. There's that event that will let us combine them, so what, exactly, should I do as a best course of action?

Primus

So about those KH3D medals. There's that event that will let us combine them, so what, exactly, should I do as a best course of action?

The combined Sora&Riku&Meowwow medal is months away, we're around 5-6 months behind JPUX and they just got the medal. So there's something to be said for not caring so much.

If you do care, you want to have a spare 6* set of all three individual medals to meld into the combined medal.

If you want a Guilted combined medal, then you need one pair of the 6* medals to have dots (one with 2 and one with 3), and the remaining 2 pairs at just 6*. I've got a post upthread with more detailed instructions.

For what it's worth, the event will return again. Don't feel like you have to get all of it at once.

I'll probably get what I want to use and then worry about the combined medal materials when it returns.

For what it's worth, the event will return again. Don't feel like you have to get all of it at once.

I'll probably get what I want to use and then worry about the combined medal materials when it returns.

I mean, I guess I already am prepped for the combination medal. I just wasted a bunch of resources on unnecessary things, but at least I can put it to rest for now.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Well, that answers that question.

Fucking hell, this is the first time I think I've seen that art. I've seen the alternate box art cover Nomura drew up but this escaped my notice?
I saw it before because there's a 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle of it.

KH3D Sora and Riku are my favorite of their designs in the series so i'm glad there's a lot of focus on it right now. Also, don't know what to do. Thanks to 1 AP and the weekly deal I'm done growing all my medals. I feel empty inside.

Tirod

I believe I eventually got 1* Sora by killing all enemy groups in the first event quest. Took a while though.

Huh, killing all enemies seems to be the trick. Just got 1* Riku following your stead. Now to keep doing it for Sora
WHY IS THE 1* RATE SO LOW

creid

Huh, killing all enemies seems to be the trick. Just got 1* Riku following your stead. Now to keep doing it for Sora
WHY IS THE 1* RATE SO LOW
Killing all the enemies gives more chances for drops. I probably ran it like 25 times before I got Sora -_-

Boogiepop

Is there some trick to getting 3D Sora and Rikus to drop? Just did the 3rd quest (running from the dark plant to the egg to the wizard and ignoring the rest) probably at least 20 times and I didn't get 1 of them (hadn't run the event at all really up until now). Am I missing something, or is the drop rate really THAT low?

Is there some trick to getting 3D Sora and Rikus to drop? Just did the 3rd quest (running from the dark plant to the egg to the wizard and ignoring the rest) probably at least 20 times and I didn't get 1 of them (hadn't run the event at all really up until now). Am I missing something, or is the drop rate really THAT low?

It's all about RNG, man. Just keep trying. I eventually got enough to make a full guilted medal of both and reroll them into 25 and 24.

c-murph

Should I bother rerolling my KH3D Riku, guys? It's at 24 percent guilt and max is 25. I have 2 rikus ready to go but those are the Rikus i was going to use for the future combined KH3D medal. The other two stand alones are at max guilt so it kind bothers me but at the same time Rikus have been really hard to get for me. Dunno what to do.

I'd say go for it if you got nothing better to do. It's 1 AP and probably only take you like 20-30minutes to do. But that's just me.

Tidd

Tell me about the medals, Tidd.

Are you talking about the announced one?

Pooh & Piglet: Cure + increase atack by 2 tiers for one turn.
And Sora/Donald/Goofy: 3 multi-target 2.14x hits which reduces the enemies attack by 1 tier for 1 turn
Of course SE could nerf/buff them like they did before. So nothing is save!

If you're talking about which medals we could get beside them I don't know more than anyone here. :D

Are you talking about the announced one?

And Sora/Donald/Goofy: 3 multi-target 2.14x hits which reduces the enemies attack by 1 tier for 1 turn
Of course SE could nerf/buff them like they did before. So nothing is save!

If you're talking about which medals we could get beside them I don't know more than anyone here. :D

What has the world come to when high school no longer requires people to read Of Mice and Men?

Primus

Pooh & Piglet is THE SHIT. Throw away your DiZ, a stuffed bear and a pig baby just roflstomped him. You want this medal, best global Attack buffer until Kairi (Illustrated).

Decent medal, you want it first in rotation to maximize the Defense debuff. So best in Starlight or Three Wishes.

xclk07

I had the same problem for quite a while, but eventually got 1* drops for each from the last ("advanced") quest.

CRS

Holy shit, huge Epic Medal update. Not just the new medals

Epic Medal Carnival!
■Campaign Period:
Jun. 24, 2016 12:00 a.m. to Jun. 30, 2016 11:59 p.m. (PT)
Jun. 24, 2016 7:00 to Jul. 1, 2016 6:59 (UTC)

This deal will guarantee you at least 1 Epic Medal, which could be one of the new super rare Epic Medals!

Here are all of the current Epic Medals, of which at least 1 is guaranteed in the pack!

Also note that the mighty Sephiroth and Illustrated Sora & Pals Medals are available only during Epic Medal Carnivals!

Sora & Donald & Goofy
Pooh & Piglet
Sephiroth
Illustrated Sora & Pals
Xaldin
Saix
Xigbar
Demyx
Luxord
Lexaeus
Marluxia
Larxene
Vexen
Zexion
Cerberus
Pain & Panic
Hades
Alice
KH CoM Naminé
Pinocchio
Black Coat King Mickey
Zack
Aladdin
KH II Kairi
KH CoM Black Coat Riku
Final Form Sora

● More Ways to Get Super Rare Epic Medals!
Great news to those of you looking for other ways to get super rare Epic Medals! With a maximum Special Attack Bonus of 4, Epic Medals such as Sephiroth, Illustrated Sora & Pals, Pooh & Piglet, and Sora & Donald & Goofy can now be obtained through Daily Deals and Small Deals in addition to the 10 Medal Deals!

● Guaranteed Super Rare Epic Medals!
Is lady luck giving you a hard time with super rare Epic Medals? We are here to help!

Starting now, if you purchase a 10-Medal Deal 9 times and don’t get a Sora & Donald & Goofy Medal, we will guarantee a Sora & Donald & Goofy Medal in your 10th purchased 10-Medal Deal!

Please note that only purchases made during this campaign period will be counted. Also note that this only applies to 10-Medal Deals and not to Daily Deals and Small Deals.

Seems like daily deals can by chance specifically be Reversed medals only? I just did one and the animation had all Reversed medals instead of the usual bronze-looking one, and all the drops were Reversed (Lexaeus, Pete, The Queen). Maybe this is common knowledge, first I'd seen of it though.

Primus

Looks like Pooh & Piglet and Sora/Donald/Goofy came to Global unchanged.

Of the five new OXIII medals, Xigbar is a slightly weaker Speed version of Black Coat Mickey that costs one less gauge. Xaldin is super-high powered single target, basically a better version of Riku DDD. Saix is also super-high powered but multi-target and very expensive at 4 gauges.

Demyx is of the higher HP = higher multiplier variety, and is very cheap at 1 gauge. Good single-target Magic medal. Luxord is super-expensive and needs Paralyzed targets for max damage, meh.

And great on Global getting the guaranteed Premium on the tenth pull.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
NSFW Daily Deal pull minutes after this update:

Funny thing, actually. I had just finished maxing out my KH II Sora Ver. A yesterday because I didn't have any good multi-hit Speed medals. I really love my insane luck!

Top Bottom