• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

CRS

No premium medal but I did get Alice so just as good. Was finally able to beat Hades in one turn. 💪💪💪

also

Banned
SE redeemed, unless the the chance to get "premiums" in the Daily Deal is incredibly low and it's just bait to get you to waste jewels...

SE redeemed, unless the the chance to get "premiums" in the Daily Deal is incredibly low and it's just bait to get you to waste jewels...

Well, I got Lexaeus and someone else got Sephiroth within like half an hour of the update so it doesn't seem that crazy low.

Lnds500

BtQPJ9t.jpg

IwrCzrM.jpg

I wanted Alice or Namine but CAN'T FUCKING complain!! :D

9Xb5cpD.gif

Kouriozan

Oh wait, it's finally out in EU too?
Time to try once again, I remember that it got very repetitive when playing the US version.

EDIT : It's not even translated in French, I wonder why there was a delay...

RalchAC

Waiting for a bit before pulling again was a good move, I think. Got some good medals today and not many dupes.

My 10 pull units worth noting were:

- KH1 and KH2 Aerith. Now I just need a Speed specific to have all the ATK boosters.
- Marluxia: Guess he could fit nicely in the last slot of my Lady Luck. It's not Sephiroth, but it could be worse.
- KH2 Riku: Another good Speed unit.
- Minnie: This should make the Coliseum much easier.

In the short term, my teams should be something like this:

Magic: Vivi, Aerith, Minnie / Leon, Auron, Aqua.
Strength: Diz, Phil, Guilted Goofie, BC Riku, KH1 Cloud

My speed team may be a bit trickier. My current setup has Vivi, Tidus, Mulan as filler, KH2 Sora A and Stitch. It's a low cost team that focuses on making Stitch (and Sephiroth if it's my friend unit) as powerful as possible.

Hopefully I can use my Minnie to keep pushing forward in the Colisseum.

Wait.

Wait.

So they not only added some sweet ass premiums, they're in dailies now too? I can go back to dailies only?

I...I'm so happy. ;_;

I assume that you can only pull them in the dailies during these epic medal carnival events though, right?

Faiz

Wait.

Wait.

So they not only added some sweet ass premiums, they're in dailies now too? I can go back to dailies only?

I...I'm so happy. ;_;

I assume that you can only pull them in the dailies during these epic medal carnival events though, right?

Yeah I totally missed that. Damn. Wish I'd not done a 10 now...

Edit: did a daily - nothing special but I did get a KH Cloud finally. Feels hollow given he was a free extra with a 10 pull about a month ago. Also my Power deck was already my best one, really need ,shoc and speed.

Skittles

Wait.

Wait.

I...I'm so happy. ;_;

Only sora&pals and seph are in the dailies right now

Great news to those of you looking for other ways to get super rare Epic Medals! With a maximum Special Attack Bonus of 4, Epic Medals such as Sephiroth, Illustrated Sora & Pals, Pooh & Piglet, and Sora & Donald & Goofy can now be obtained through Daily Deals and Small Deals in addition to the 10 Medal Deals!

I'm confused about the wording here. Does this mean that the premium medals only have 4 pips on them total if you get them through a Daily Deal? Can you even guilt them?

RalchAC

I'm confused about the wording here. Does this mean that the premium medals only have 4 pips on them total if you get them through a Daily Deal? Can you even guilt them?

There are different tiers for Guilt / post 5 pip attack bonus or however is called.

Tier 1 is up to a 25% bonus.
Tier 2 is 50%
Tier 3 is 100%
And Tier 4 is 150% I think?

Guilt is a term we've inherited from Chi. The Purple symbol in Unchained X doesn't have the same name, but old Chi players and JP UX players have been using it anyway so everybody has adopted it.

There are different tiers for Guilt / post 5 pip attack bonus or however is called.

Tier 1 is up to a 25% bonus.
Tier 2 is 50%
Tier 3 is 100%
And Tier 4 is 150% I think?

Guilt is a term we've inherited from Chi. The Purple symbol in Unchained X doesn't have the same name, but old Chi players and JP UX players have been using it anyway so everybody has adopted it.

Oh, so Special Attack Bonus = Guilt tier. That explains a couple of other previous notifications I saw too, where they said regular Epic medals had a Special Attack Bonus of 3.

Any reason to not just do dailies during this period?

The ten pull still guarantees an epic medal and 9 of those will get you one of the coveted medals.

Basically 10 draws are more appealing for big spenders or if you need an epic. I'll be sticking with dailies for more possible guilt fodder and more chances for epics, if you're lucky.

Boogiepop

The ten pull still guarantees an epic medal and 9 of those will get you one of the coveted medals.

Basically 10 draws are more appealing for big spenders or if you need an epic. I'll be sticking with dailies for more possible guilt fodder and more chances for epics, if you're lucky.
Cool, this makes sense to me, gonna stick to daily draws...

And I start off kind of eh. Timeless River Pete and two common drops. REALLY wish they'd at least remove the darn farmable medals from the gacha pulls. Well, at least I have a reverse medal now, and I'll get more chances at the daily pull before this thing ends.

Cool, this makes sense to me, gonna stick to daily draws...

And I start off kind of eh. Timeless River Pete and two common drops. REALLY wish they'd at least remove the darn farmable medals from the gacha pulls. Well, at least I have a reverse medal now, and I'll get more chances at the daily pull before this thing ends.

Pete is pretty good at least!

I got KH1 Cloud, Minnie and Genie. Genie was immediately sold, Cloud is undecided but Minnie will go into my other Minnie.

Powe1LA.jpg

I don't think there's a singe epic medal in here what the shit

Edit: ok, it's the Aladdin medal. Guess it's something.

So should I slap the Mushus together or sell em.

CRS

Unless you're really hurting for space and don't want to increase space, no reason to sell them. That's the OCD in me though.

Wilsongt

LOL Wow.

If you do a 10 medal deal 9 times and don't get an epic, you'll get a pity epic medal on the 10th pull.

Money hungry garbage, SE.

Kinsei

Banned
I missed Aqua and I won't have enough jewels to do this epic pull :/

Can Pooh & Piglet and/or that illustrated medal be pulled in the daily deal?

Sölf

I am at quest 107. I think I should start using thoise coins to actually buy some medals and not just outfits... xD

Powe1LA.jpg

I don't think there's a singe epic medal in here what the shit

Edit: ok, it's the Aladdin medal. Guess it's something.

So should I slap the Mushus together or sell em.

Mushu is decent heavy burst AOE so it's not useless. Saix/Cerberus are the only STR medal currently better at that job (considering Black Coat Mickey doesn't get a bonus vs Speed so it's situational) AFAIK. Of course something like KH Riku is much more gauge efficient.

I'm too lazy to post a screenshot, but my ten pull from today (along with my last four daily deals) are probably the game telling me to quit.

So, does this get better (based on the Japanese version)? Or are all the events about what we've seen already?

Malyse

Does this game have any story in the english version? I'm like 150 missions in and it's majority filler so far.
You know how the story in a KH game doesn't start until the ingame title card? Well that happens in mission 400. You're still playing the prologue.
Welcome to gatcha game storytelling. Plus we recently found out that the end of [chi] (and presumably Back Cover) is season 1 of Unchained, so there's quite a bit left to go.

Welcome to gatcha game storytelling. Plus we recently found out that the end of [chi] (and presumably Back Cover) is season 1 of Unchained, so there's quite a bit left to go.
Such a trap T_T. I read up on the story like a year ago and playing this I was wondering when all this stuff was going to happen. Is there a time frame of when they'll be adding it?
I mean it's fun and all but I don't enjoy meta gaming and so it's a pretty big grind -_-".

Such a trap T_T. I read up on the story like a year ago and playing this I was wondering when all this stuff was going to happen. Is there a time frame of when they'll be adding it?
I mean it's fun and all but I don't enjoy meta gaming and so it's a pretty big grind -_-".
Just wait till 2.8 and watch the movie. Read anything that was omitted afterward.

Ydelnae

30 damn missions trying to get Aladdin his medals back and when I finally return then he doesn't even say thanks smh this waste of time

Malyse

So about those KH3D medals. There's that event that will let us combine them, so what, exactly, should I do as a best course of action?

Considering that we are getting 3D medals in the 2.8 event, I'm not counting on getting 2.8 medals anytime in the future. We haven't got the missed jewel costumes like the student council; we're getting the same costumes at the same time as Japan (except we don't get the accompanying events). I mean, we didn't even get the HD Aqua event that went with the medal.

It picks up after Mission 400.

RalchAC

Considering that we are getting 3D medals in the 2.8 event, I'm not counting on getting 2.8 medals anytime in the future. We haven't got the missed jewel costumes like the student council; we're getting the same costumes at the same time as Japan (except we don't get the accompanying events). I mean, we didn't even get the HD Aqua event that went with the medal.

It picks up after Mission 400.

They could release another 2.8 event at the game launch in December, with Aqua event, the 2.8 medals and maybe add some HD premium medals to the gacha like the Sora that it's been shown.

Aqua would have probably been to powerful if guilted so soon in the game.

Only one month until we finish the prologue, yeah!

Boogiepop

Today's daily brought me a Hades at least, so that's cool. Plus an Aeris to add a dot I guess, and... young Hercules. Again I say, why are the darn farmable medals in the gacha pool? Super lame.

So guys, what's the best course of action for when you already have a medal at 6 star and then you get the same medal at level 3 from a daily? Do I raise it all the way to level 6 and and combine it with the original?

Kinsei

Banned
So guys, what's the best course of action for when you already have a medal at 6 star and then you get the same medal at level 3 from a daily? Do I raise it all the way to level 6 and and combine it with the original?

I prefer to wait until I can get a three dots on a five star before evolving it. It just saves you from grinding this way.

Top Bottom