• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Avallon

So after the 1 AP/VIP event, this game feels incredibly exploitative :\

Leveling up medals and evolving is a chore and a half. SE would get more money from me if the game was always like it was last week.

Razmos

My set up for the Lady Luck level 2 quest:
bTF0Wkg.jpg

Spoilers: I absolutely destroyed it

RalchAC

Leveling up medals and evolving is a chore and a half. SE would get more money from me if the game was always like it was last week.

Yeah, it kind of is. In general, the best "value" is buying the weekly unlock which costs 15€ and unlocks the whole Special from Monday to Sunday.

Which feels less scummy than what other games do TBH.

But I agree with you. And I didn't even play that much last week. But I just played whenever I felt like it, not when the game mandated me.

My set up for the Lady Luck level 2 quest:

Spoilers: I absolutely destroyed it

With those medals I'm not surprised... :O

The "advanced" content in this game is really terrible (so far).

Anyway, I'm putting the game on auto-pilot for now; I'll get my daily jewels and such and maybe play events as they come. Should I just focus on buying out the rest of the cost boards right while I'm down? It seems like 180+ is pretty much near required going forward. I mean, it makes more sense than spending the jewels to pull more Jiminy Crickets and Olettes.

Anyway, I'm putting the game on auto-pilot for now; I'll get my daily jewels and such and maybe play events as they come. Should I just focus on buying out the rest of the cost boards right while I'm down? It seems like 180+ is pretty much near required going forward. I mean, it makes more sense than spending the jewels to pull more Jiminy Crickets and Olettes.

Yeah, once you feel comfortable with your equipped medals, spend your jewels on the premium avatar boards to get your Cost up as high as possible.

Meneses

Definitely.

The honeymoon period was pretty short.

Sölf

So, I am at mission 137. I have nearly 3000 jewels. Should I spend them to buy 10 medals? Since that whole thing only lasts 2 more days and I only spent 600 jewels for 3 medals once so far.

Skittles

Sölf;208682649 said:
So, I am at mission 137. I have nearly 3000 jewels. Should I spend them to buy 10 medals? Since that whole thing only lasts 2 more days and I only spent 600 jewels for 3 medals once so far.
If you don't have any good medals then I would say yes to to the 10 pull

Everyone, use your common sense and knowledge of the game and any latent psychic powers you might have and make a prediction about when we'll get Roxas.

Psxphile

:(

1.3 is so nice and fast and 1000 free stones for it :O

Indeed. Some nice quality-of-life improvements. Always hated how the screen would default to the top every time I accessed a medal. Western update when?

Locking new Keyblades and materials behind Proud Mode, though... a welcome challenge maybe but seems kinda lazy not to introduce new missions for them (I want to fight Leon!). Ah well, they're optional just like most things in this game.

EDIT: oh right, they also introduced a new medal (Magic Mirror) that you use to raise Guilt on a guilted medal by 1%. Not sure if that means your current guilt is raised by one, or that it raises the medal's guilt maximum value by one (that'd be nuts).

Indeed. Some nice quality-of-life improvements. Always hated how the screen would default to the top every time I accessed a medal. Western update when?

Locking new Keyblades and materials behind Proud Mode, though... a welcome challenge maybe but seems kinda lazy not to introduce new missions for them (I want to fight Leon!). Ah well, they're optional just like most things in this game.

EDIT: oh right, they also introduced a new medal (Magic Mirror) that you use to raise Guilt on a guilted medal by 1%. Not sure if that means your current guilt is raised by one, or that it raises the medal's guilt maximum value by one (that'd be nuts).

Whoa shit. A medal that raises guilt? I can't wait to get those in 2 years.

Razmos

The next 25 story missions will be dropping in a few hours. For those bemoaning the lack of plot, that time is over.
Nice, I was just thinking last night that I could do with another update. Hoping for the Aqua event after the 3D event finishes

creid

I think I noticed a small update - the icon has changed for when enemies have defense up for a certain color. It's the normal orb image with a shield next to it now.

Zebei

Well the new defense thing will definitely be bice for people like me who didn't notice that thee are different types of buffs early on.

Also now the non-omega Trident tail boss exists. . .so that is nice I guess.

CRS

Finally able to get the last AP node thanks to the story quests. Time to finally finish some outfits.

Also, don't think I'll be able to finish top 100 in the Coliseum. A little stuck on round 60. At least I'm pretty sure I'll get the top 1000 prize.

Boogiepop

Well, my last daily draw for the event (since it seems to be ending before I'll be allowed another) brought me a KH1 Cloud and adult Hercules, so that's good at least. Wish I could've pulled a premium, but that'll have to wait for (hopefully) next time, I guess. Well, I could do the 300 with 1 medal draw, but that seems like a bad idea, so I won't...

c-murph

My second pull ever. I wanted Pooh and Piglet. :(

Any good ones that I should focus on? I already have the Red Sora and Mickey.

HxmrR5D.png

Skittles

HxmrR5D.png
Mar has (I think) the best single target speed damage in the US right now. So i'd focus on him. The hag and queen are pretty good too

Famassu

HxmrR5D.png
Most of those range from really good to some of the best that you can get currently (Marluxia & Hag), lucky you. -_-

Ditch Dumbo & Pluto, at the very least, those are crap. The rest are probably worth keeping. Peter Pan ain't anything special, but he's not the worst either. So if you are lacking in speed medals, he might be worth keeping for now.

Today's 10 pull that I decided to do on a whim:
C74D96BF-CDA8-499F-BC9E-9A3BE4104A33_zps5hka8ec9.png

At least the okay medals I'll just add-on to my other existing medals. The Sora medals are quite handy but I'm so happy to finally have Alice so I can 3* quest 350.

RalchAC

Chirithy 305924 talks with Chirithy 503942 and tells Chirithy 305924 they're enemies before vanishing.

We are off to something great lol.

Most of those range from really good to some of the best that you can get currently (Marluxia & Hag), lucky you. -_-
Hag is considered great? I have her but have never slotted her into my team (Vivi, 1 pip Wisdom Sora, 4 pip King Mickey, Aqua, Hades). Should I?

Famassu

Hag is considered great? I have her but have never slotted her into my team (Vivi, 1 pip Wisdom Sora, 4 pip King Mickey, Aqua, Hades). Should I?
She can be pretty powerful when leveled up fully (max base strength is almost 7000), her damage multiplier is quite good, add the +1000 strength from Chip medals and 50% guilt if you're ever lucky enough to get enough of Hag medals and she can be really good, yeah. Not quite on the level of the best of the best, but high-ish tier medal nonetheless. Hades is better, though.

I don't have any C&Ds on her, and she came with the meh Atk All boost that I left for any mission objectives. Should I swap out Hades / any of my other medals for her or stick with my current build?

Edit: Just saw your edit. lol

Top Bottom