• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Is Illustrated Yuffie any good?
Edit: Also got a popup saying new event boards unlocked, but I guess the event itself hasn't started yet?

Razmos

YK8KaxN.jpg
That.. doesn't look too hot

Razmos

Speaking of the Colosseum boards, you need to reach level 36 of Tier 10 in order to complete both of the new boards, and level 99 just to get the first node on the extra board.

Absolutely ridiculous

Speaking of the Colosseum boards, you need to reach level 36 of Tier 10 in order to complete both of the new boards, and level 99 just to get the first node on the extra board.

Absolutely ridiculous

Wait, tiers 1-9 don't give enough for the two Moogle board? I thought the "Tier 10 Bonus" was y'know, a bonus board for tier 10.

Sölf

What exactly does the Cid Medal do? I don't really understand what the description means with "Reduces the cost of a 6-star medal". What cost? Gauge cost?

Sölf;208847328 said:
What exactly does the Cid Medal do? I don't really understand what the description means with "Reduces the cost of a 6-star medal". What cost? Gauge cost?

Go to the Equipment screen. You can see a cost limit on what medals you can equip on a keyblade. 6 star medals cost a LOT more compared to the others. Cid medals reduce the cost and are neccessary to have multiple 6 star medals equipped at once.

Tidd

The real prize from these FF avatar boards is the Attack Prize Plus Skill. Everyone says it's sooo good. I wonder if it's worth the 3000 jewels? :(

Sölf

Go to the Equipment screen. You can see a cost limit on what medals you can equip on a keyblade. 6 star medals cost a LOT more compared to the others. Cid medals reduce the cost and are neccessary to have multiple 6 star medals equipped at once.

Ah, okay. Thank you.

So I don't really know how I should be upgrading stuff. (I'm at quest 40 thereabouts)

So medal wise, should I be pumping all my upgrade materials into weapons or saving them for the better medals I'll get by spending the 3000 jewels? I mean I got a 6 star huey but I dunno if putting him in cloud is the best option.

But more imperatively keyblades. I haven't even used any orichalcum because I dunno how I should be playing it. Should I wait for the later keyblades or start upgrading the starting ones now? Does each orichalcum give an extra medal slot?

Sorry to be needy but I'm in over my head with this mobile strangeness.

Kinsei

Banned
So I don't really know how I should be upgrading stuff. (I'm at quest 40 thereabouts)

So medal wise, should I be pumping all my upgrade materials into weapons or saving them for the better medals I'll get by spending the 3000 jewels? I mean I got a 6 star huey but I dunno if putting him in cloud is the best option.

But more imperatively keyblades. I haven't even used any orichalcum because I dunno how I should be playing it. Should I wait for the later keyblades or start upgrading the starting ones now? Does each orichalcum give an extra medal slot?

Sorry to be needy but I'm in over my head with this mobile strangeness.

There's more than enough Orichalcum to upgrade every keyblade we currently have. The first slot costs one orichalcum and the second slot costs two orichalcum.

There's more than enough Orichalcum to upgrade every keyblade we currently have. The first slot costs one orichalcum and the second slot costs two orichalcum.

Then I guess I just pick the one I like and run with that? Thanks! Probably should work towards one that favours each element right?

Kinsei

Banned
Then I guess I just pick the one I like and run with that? Thanks! Probably should work towards one that favours each element right?

Yep. The elemental ones are enough to beat every story quest currently in the game. Olympia is the one you'll want to upgrade after them. Starlight (the starting keyblade) is alright, but everything else outclasses it.

Famassu

Ummm... weapons & medals are upgraded/leveled up with completely different means.

creid

I have a tier list in a text file sitting on my desktop that I'm pretty sure came from this thread. In there, illustrated Yuffie is rated 9.5 / 10, but judging by that screenshot above I don't see how. I guess she's downgraded from the JP version?

Famassu

Maybe the 6* boost for it is noticeable? And tier lists do take into account other stuff like max guilt & gauge cost. She might not hid super-hard, but she hits relatively hard considering her special attack only costs 1 gauge, so she's useful at least in battles that take you longer than 1 turn since she won't drain your gauges all that much and you get to perform more special attacks. And if she can be guilted to 100%, that also helps her be useful (for whales).

Razmos

Apparently the Attack Prize Plus skill is best used on medals that hit all enemies multiple times and have a high SP cost. Sounds perfect for my Saix medal (11 extremely powerful hits on all enemies with a 4 gauge cost)

Zebei

Those Final Fantasy costumes are awesome plus I would love to have a guilted illustrated but I only have 1500 jewels.

Please don't force me to spend money square like a sucker. I want to stay F2P :(

Skittles

396.jpg

Yuffie seems unchanged from JP version. Only 50% guilt though, not sure I want to drop 6000 on that little of guilt. Also, she's only ranked B over there(think she recently got bumped down from A though)

Psxphile

Ironically, some people thrown down more than 6000 jewels for a chance to get exclusive medals, and are lucky to get even one. Here, you are guaranteed a guilted medal and one guilt re-roll.

Just saying.

Considering that Stitch is my only good single-target Speed medal, I'll gladly take Illustrated Yuffie.

Gonna need to buy a 3000 pack, though. *sigh*

Psxphile

Illustrated Yuffie medals can be found in the new Limited time Avatar Boards (Male and Female) which can be purchased @ 3000 jewels a pop. Each board has 4 Yuffies to unlock, unless I misunderstood something.

c-murph

Illustrated Yuffie medals can be found in the new Limited time Avatar Boards (Male and Female) which can be purchased @ 3000 jewels a pop. Each board has 4 Yuffies to unlock, unless I misunderstood something.

Ah, sweet. I gotta bunch of levels to run through so I should be able to buy them by July 11th.

Falk

that puzzling face
Torn about that. Feels like if this is going to be a common thing I'd do best to save my Jewels for an Avatar board set that guarantees a guilted blue since right now my blue deck barely breaks 40k attack. (For reference red is sitting at 54k lol)

Kinsei

Banned
Hmm, an easy guilted speed would be nice (Speed is my worst attribute), but I don;t have the jewels and I don;t want to spend money to get the avatar boards.

I can't ever say no to Queen Yuffie. <3

I'll have to cash out if I want to guilt the medal though.

I wouldn't have had a second thought if there were some Defense Up nodes on the boards.

Malyse

Wait until they introduce Critical Mode.

They can't really do much to make it harder. Locked in keyblade, no friend medal, and medals without guilt can't have their specials activated. I don't think I'll be getting the Sleeping Lion keyblade.

Feels good to finally get the evolve medal specials and start to clean up this mess of low star event medals lol.

I wonder if there will be exclusive medals to 2.8 buyers.

Boogiepop

Btw, have we been gaining on the Japanese version, or is there a gap of X number of missions or something that's holding steady? Also, does anyone know if the Japanese version ever got any more cost, or has that limit also held where it is?

Kinsei

Banned
Btw, have we been gaining on the Japanese version, or is there a gap of X number of missions or something that's holding steady? Also, does anyone know if the Japanese version ever got any more cost, or has that limit also held where it is?

I believe Japan is currently at quest 525. We're catching up.

They really should make the big bundles a better deal compared to the daily pull either by removing the farmable medals from them or just giving more medals (or for cheaper). At least the new 3k bundle gives a few Cids so I guess that's a start.

Like the new KH+FF bundle is atrocious. 1500 jewels for 5 medals with tons of garbage farmable medals in the pull pool. Daily pulls are so much better than this.

So other than Coliseum, any way to get Chip medals? I really want to finish strengthening one of my medals but I don't want to wait till next month. Am I SOL?

Top Bottom