• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Razmos

We don't really know how rare the Attack Prize Plus skill will be in the future, I think if you have the chance to get one guaranteed right now then it seems like a good idea, the rest of the stuff on the jewel avatar board is pretty great too.

Undoubtedly there will be better stuff in the future, but hoarding like that falls into the same trap as Record Keeper, where people read what's coming from Japan and hoard Mythril for months and months for specific banners. Meanwhile the content is getting harder and you might be left behind if you don't keep doing pulls/buying avatar boards

Falk

that puzzling face
Undoubtedly there will be better stuff in the future, but hoarding like that falls into the same trap as Record Keeper, where people read what's coming from Japan and hoard Mythril for months and months for specific banners.

It's a different situation too on top of that where FFRK was virtually a blueprint and slight deviations were a rare occurrence whereas here the two services do seem to be built on significantly diverging plans tailored specifically to game age, etc.

That being said I'm not sure 3000 for a single medal is worth more or less than taking chances with a 3000 pull or 5 dailies. You're guaranteed it, at least.

RalchAC

Yes.

AFAIK it's basically a little worse version of DiZ considering it only boosts Power medals but at the same time you probably will mostly use damage up medals on one colour situations anyway.

You can use both him and DiZ, general and type specific bonus stack.

Psxphile

I was happy to get my first Phil since I went and 6*'ed DiZ who was my very first boost medal way back when only to realize the significant cost increase wasn't worth it. A 5* Phil will do the same job while also allowing me to fit one more 6* attack medal in Treasure Trove.

I now have DiZ (x2), Vivi, KH2 Aerith (as well as Phil, KH1 Aerith and White Rabbit for color buffs and the TT gang for 1 character buffs). I am curious how buff stacking works and how viable it would be to go all in on it vs just having strong units in their slots.

Ex: Would DiZ x2, Vivi, KH2 Aerith all stack together for a quad buffed super strike with my final medal + friend's medal (Nico's 95% BC Mickey FTW)? Or possibly even a 5x buff for the friend unit if I threw in one of the TT gang or a matching colored buff?

wilflare

I finally jumped on this.
guess it's gonna take some time before I actually catch up.

is there a "right way" to fuse/level up medals?
I know in Monster Strike, you fuse the higher level to a lower level to cut down the cost of leveling but still get the same bonus

I know in Monster Strike, you fuse the higher level to a lower level to cut down the cost of leveling but still get the same bonus
For farmable medals, this would be the most efficient way to get them to max power:
0KOnltZ.jpg

For gacha-only medals, I generally just level them up as I go along and if I happen to get dupes in the future, I level those up to add a dot. I'd rather not keep them at low *s in hopes of dupe draws, just to save some munny / exp / evo medals. Also, we will eventually get access to Mickey and Broom medals, which will add one Special Attack dot to any medal. If the medal has a % bonus already then it will reroll it the same way adding a dupe would.

RalchAC

I now have DiZ (x2), Vivi, KH2 Aerith (as well as Phil, KH1 Aerith and White Rabbit for color buffs and the TT gang for 1 character buffs). I am curious how buff stacking works and how viable it would be to go all in on it vs just having strong units in their slots.

Ex: Would DiZ x2, Vivi, KH2 Aerith all stack together for a quad buffed super strike with my final medal + friend's medal (Nico's 95% BC Mickey FTW)? Or possibly even a 5x buff for the friend unit if I threw in one of the TT gang or a matching colored buff?

Nope.

You can use 1 of the units that say "Raises strength by X tier(s) for 1 turn" and one that says "Raises (type)-based strength by X tier(s) for 1 turn".

Stacking multiple units with the same description doesn't work.

You shouldn't worry much early on, but here it is.

tumblr_inline_o9ktkdeeZ31riey73_500.png

Here it is. Units that are 3* or higher have some empty circles, you can see them in the character description. If you feed it the exactly same unit (same medal and rarity), one of those circle will be filled with a yellow dot. As rarity increases, the amount of dots increase too.

I don't know if I explained it well enough.

You would need 7 copies of a single medal to do as seen above. Once they are 3*, you feed three of them to other 3 units. Then you evolve the four remaining ones. then you feed the unit that doesn't have any dot with a 1-dotted unit...

Boogiepop

Is it better to have both the colorless and colored boosts, or to use one and then fill the rest with normal damage medals? I'm sure someone has worked it out...

Edit: Anyone up for taking me into a Unicornus group? I've been effectively playing by myself because a friend was supposed to be playing alongside me, but he never started. I'm a fairly active player I suppose. As in I will do anything that pops up when it shows up, though like right now there's not much to do except colliseum now that I've finished the story missions again, so it's a little slow at the moment. At the very least you definitely don't need to worry about me dropping off.

Razmos

Yesss at mission 362, actual plot developments, new characters, intrigue, sinister stuff, why did it take this long?

One-Day Deal huh... not sure its worth it given we know premiums are available in dailys during epic carnivals now.

Edit: I mean, its 200 jewels a medal like the normal daily so that's good. Just not much point without a chance at tier 4.

Sölf

I didn't even know about those dots and leveling up. I think that's nowhere mentioned ingame at all. Welp, I probably should get started on leveling those up then. So far I only saved a single unique medal each and put all my experience medals in those, as well as duplicates (which I didn't level of course).

ash_ag

I finally started the game the other day and I'm still getting used to the mechanics, but really enjoy everything about it so far. Controls are superb, and presentation is extremely charming. This has to be the most well-polished gacha game I've ever played.

Couple questions:
1. Did I miss the free Aqua medal forever? :p
2. Is a 1000-Jewel pull worth it? That's all I can do at the moment. Should I go for it, or is it better to save up for a 3000-Jewel one when a good limited Medal is offered?

One-Day Deal huh... not sure its worth it given we know premiums are available in dailys during epic carnivals now.

Edit: I mean, its 200 jewels a medal like the normal daily so that's good. Just not much point without a chance at tier 4.

Well, considering I don't have Namine, Alice, kh2 kairi, no good reversed medals or any other buff debuff beyond vivi/diz/aerith, I thought why not? Still nothing :(.

Psxphile

Sölf;209038735 said:
I didn't even know about those dots and leveling up. I think that's nowhere mentioned ingame at all. Welp, I probably should get started on leveling those up then. So far I only saved a single unique medal each and put all my experience medals in those, as well as duplicates (which I didn't level of course).

The early-game tutorials you're presented with don't mention it if I recall correctly, but if you scope out the Help section they're explained under Strengthening Medals.

RalchAC

I think I'm getting Cloud's outfit since:

- People is hyping Attack Prize + the hell and back.
- Cloud scarf.
- Illustrated Yuffie seems like a really good medal, unless the Tier List in reddit is lying.

Now I'm not sure who should I give my Attack Prize +. Maybe my guilted Goofie?

Tirod

- Illustrated Yuffie seems like a really good medal, unless the Tier List in reddit is lying.

If you don't have a guilted single target speed medal besides Stitch, than I'd say Yuffie is worth it. You would need to buy both avatar boards to guilt though, you'll just have a 3 orb Yuffie with the Cloud board and she's really meh.

I'm in the ivory tower with a guilted Limit Form (49%) and KHII Riku (32%) so your situation may be different.

It really comes down to 2 things: How much do you want to look like KH Cloud and how rare do you think Attack Prize Plus will be going forward?

I ended up buying both boards because I'm irresponsible
addicted

Malyse

I'm going to make a master list.

Mission 1-3: Daybreak Town
Mission 4-14: Dwarf Woodlands
Mission 14: Treasure Trove Keyblade
Mission 15-24: Wonderland
Mission 24: Lady Luck Keyblade
Mission 25-34: Agrabah
Mission 34: Three Wishes Keyblade
Mission 35-47: Daybreak Town
Mission 48-54: Dwarf Woodlands
Mission 55-66: Daybreak Town
Mission 67-76: Agrabah
Mission 77-81: Daybreak Town
Mission 82-91: Wonderland
Mission 92-96: Daybreak Town
Mission 97-102: Dwarf Woodlands
Mission 103-109: Wonderland
Mission 110-114: Agrabah
Mission 115-120: Daybreak Town
Mission 121-130: Olympus Coliseum
Mission 130: Olympia Keyblade
Mission 131-160: Agrabah
Mission 161-200: Dwarf Woodlands
Mission 200 NA: Strength Bangle
Mission 201-230: Wonderland
Mission 231-250: Daybreak Town
Mission 251-275: Agrabah
Mission 276-300: Dwarf Woodlands
Boss Mission 300: Witch Bomber
Mission 301-350: Olympus Coliseum
Boss Mission 310: Cloud
Boss Mission 314: Cerberus
Boss Mission 350: Hades
Mission 350 JP: Strength Bangle
Mission 351-375: Daybreak Town
Mission 362: Meet Ephemer
Mission 376-400: Wonderland
Boss Mission 400: Card Corps
Mission 400: Title Card Screen
Mission 401-411: Daybreak Town
Mission 412-420: Agrabah
Mission 421-425: Daybreak Town
Boss Mission 425: Foreteller Ava.
Mission 426-475: Beast's Castle
Mission 433: Divine Rose Keyblade
Boss
Mission 475: Malicious Raindeer
Mission 476-482: Dwarf Woodlands
Mission 483-486: Wonderland
Mission 489-510: Daybreak Town
Boss
Mission 500: Darkside
Mission 511-525: Beast's Castle
Boss
Mission 525: Giant Snowman
Mission 526-530: Dwarf Woodlands
Mission 530-536: Olympus Coliseum
Mission 537-555: Daybreak Town
Boss
Mission 540: Black Outfits
Boss
Mission 555: Union Foreteller
Mission 556-570: Agrabah
Boss
Mission 570: Wily Bandit

Note: Mission 501-525 are Unchained exclusive. They did not happen in [chi].
Sleeping Lion is obtained on Proud Quest 3.
Fantasy Notes is obtained on Proud Quest 103.
Moogle of Glory and its upgrade items is obtained on the Saturday and Sunday Daily Event.

Razmos

So tomorrow we have new adamantite challenges and the fire samurai event. I just caught up on the last batch of the story events so I'm looking forward to having something new to do (and upgrading my treasure trove keyblade and putting Attack Prize Plus on my Saix)

RalchAC

If you don't have a guilted single target speed medal besides Stitch, than I'd say Yuffie is worth it. You would need to buy both avatar boards to guilt though, you'll just have a 3 orb Yuffie with the Cloud board and she's really meh.

I'm in the ivory tower with a guilted Limit Form (49%) and KHII Riku (32%) so your situation may be different.

It really comes down to 2 things: How much do you want to look like KH Cloud and how rare do you think Attack Prize Plus will be going forward?

I ended up buying both boards because I'm irresponsible
addicted

I have Sora KH2 A, Marluxia and Riku. That's the only thing that has me hesitating about buying the board or not...

Sölf;209075200 said:
Looking at this, I just beat 160. 40 missions on Dwarf Woodlands. Oh joy. I am so hyped.

Not enough Agrabah though.
What about Abu!?
This game really likes to leave VITAL plot threads untouched for months :(

I wonder when will those launch. I would love to Guilt some of my most powerful medals like Aqua, KH1 Cloud, Marluxia or CoM Riku :(

Sölf

Not enough Agrabah though.
What about Abu!?
This game really likes to leave VITAL plot threads untouched for months :(

That doesn't bother me all that much. It's more the fact that it's 40 missions in the same environment, instead of maybe 10-20 and then switching it up.

Malyse

Sölf;209084509 said:
That doesn't bother me all that much. It's more the fact that it's 40 missions in the same environment, instead of maybe 10-20 and then switching it up.

It's because they are matching what [chi] did and [chi] had less missions that went longer. Unchained is trapped in a pick up and play mentality: lots of short missions that are only a few minutes long.

Skittles

I think what makes the Yuffie boards even more tempting is the fact that each one has an attack boost II. Which is only really attainable once a month from the coliseum ranking

Razmos

I think what makes the Yuffie boards even more tempting is the fact that each one has an attack boost II. Which is only really attainable once a month from the coliseum ranking
And not even this month, the reward this month is Defence Boost II

Anyway, raid boss event! Time to catch up on some level grinding!

Primus

Bonus Time has been changed for the new Raid Boss event. It's no longer one two-hour period from 7pm-9pm Pacific, but is three one-hour blocks at 1pm, 5pm and 8pm Pacific (4pm, 8pm and 11pm Eastern).

Top Bottom