• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Tirod

Nah.
392.png

I wouldn't want to use a Mickey and Broom on Illustrated Yuffie, but that's just me. I'd rather save those for 130% guilt medals.

With this update came new Adamantite quests. Treasure Trove Part 2 was a cake walk (I never needed a Friend Medal) but the Three Wishes Part 2...fuck. If I had a guilted CoM Riku (I'm one away) I could totally manage it by using a Friend Medal with poison to finish him off.

With the different medal set ups I've played with, the best I can get Cerberus to one turn is 2 health bars with perfect procs + poison.

First time outside of Coliseum where I've hit a wall.

Kinsei

Banned
Hey I have a premium maic medal, maybe I can beat the second Three Wishes adamantite quest.

Nope. Even with Namine Cerberus still has a bar and a half left after I nuke him with everything I have.

At least the Treasure Trove one seems simple enough.

Nevermind, the last fight has two gargoyles. It had less than half a bar left on my last attack T.T

ash_ag

I finally started the game the other day and I'm still getting used to the mechanics, but really enjoy everything about it so far. Controls are superb, and presentation is extremely charming. This has to be the most well-polished gacha game I've ever played.

Couple questions:
1. Did I miss the free Aqua medal forever? :p
2. Is a 1000-Jewel pull worth it? That's all I can do at the moment. Should I go for it, or is it better to save up for a 3000-Jewel one when a good limited Medal is offered?

Bump. :p

Unless they have another promotion with it, yes you won't be getting the Aqua medal.

As for the pulls the 600 jewel daily is usually the most efficient choise. 3K only if there is some quaranteed limited time bonus to it. The basic 3K bundle is waste.

RalchAC

Sölf;209084509 said:
That doesn't bother me all that much. It's more the fact that it's 40 missions in the same environment, instead of maybe 10-20 and then switching it up.

Nah, I don't really care about Abu. I feel the problem is that, until Quest 350-375, there barely is a story worth caring about. The game gets better (IMO of course) once you reach the Underworld, since Hades is a really good villain and I loved the Greek Mythos jokes and all that. But at that point you've already done like 320 quests.

Four level 15 attack boost II's failed to proc in a row. Fuck you too game.

If you re-start the app before going to the rewards screen or giving up you should be back at the beginning of the stage. That's what I do when I fail in Colisseum, for example.

If I manage to finish one of the Adamantite stages, I think I'm going to upgrade the Lady Luck. At level 21 I feel it's the worst Keyblade. Most slots have a 1.20x or 1.30x bonus...

RalchAC

Finally, I decided to buy another of the Premium Cost costumes instead of the Cloud one. I think this should help me more than the stuff in the Cloud outfit.

Finally, I've managed to fit Marluxia in my team and have four 6* Medals on my Lady Luck. All my Keyblades are currently around 45-47k damage. I could have a higher attack if I switched my Phil or KH1 Aerith for a 6* medal, but I'm happy having 2 booster units. Less is more, I think.

Right now my teams are:

Lady Luck: KH2 Aerith, Tidus, KH2 Sora A, Guilted Stitch / free Sora, Marluxia.
Treasure Trove: DiZ, Phil, Guilted free Goofie, Black Coat Riku / Wakka, KH1 Cloud.
Three Wishes: Vivi, KH1 Aerith, CoM Riku, Auron and HD Aqua.

Boogiepop

Repeating my request for a GAF Unicornis party invite. I've been trapped in Donald land for too long now! But yeah, I'm an active player, and I'd really appreciate an actual party, rather than just one real life friend who never started playing the game.

Boogiepop

Repeating my request for a GAF Unicornis party invite. I've been trapped in Donald land for too long now! But yeah, I'm an active player, and I'd really appreciate an actual party, rather than just one real life friend who never started playing the game.
Okay, let me change this to "oh god, I really need a party, please!" I just had to solo the damn Omega Crab with craptastic friend medal selection, and that was not cool. Would really, really appreciate a group to do this crap with!

RalchAC

Okay, let me change this to "oh god, I really need a party, please!" I just had to solo the damn Omega Crab with craptastic friend medal selection, and that was not cool. Would really, really appreciate a group to do this crap with!

Our party is full, but it seems there are some inactive users. If some admins see this they may listen to your prays lol.

The other GAF party in Unicornis, Oblivion, is probably in a similar situation to us. I will drop a message in GAFKingdom chat when I login telling somebody from the OT wants to join us!

Razmos

Was really happy I beat Cerberus on the first try before noticing that the condition for the adamantite is to kill it within one turn. How the hell? I tried again and threw everything I had at it, and it still had 3 health bars left

Having similar difficulty with the treasure trove one

It wouldn't be too bad if the condition wasn't so ridiculous

Skittles

And not even this month, the reward this month is Defence Boost II

Anyway, raid boss event! Time to catch up on some level grinding!
Yeah, I went ahead and did it. Those skills are massive boost for my team. I'll save the attack prize until I get better AOE multi hitter medals. Threw the attack boost IIs on my black coat riku and riku COM black coat. Massive boosts to all my teams because of all the chip and dales I got too.

I feel like KH II leon doesn't deal as much as it says it does. There's no way its multiplier is hitting for 3x when my hp is full

Famassu

Was really happy I beat Cerberus on the first try before noticing that the condition for the adamantite is to kill it within one turn. How the hell? I tried again and threw everything I had at it, and it still had 3 health bars left

You either need some totes crazy medals with 50 000 000% guilt or something to that degree or you can probably do it with a little less ridoncudonc medals but you'll want to have some good str buff medals that push your strength buff to lvl 2 or 3.

Falk

that puzzling face

If anything it's better to break out of the OCD habit of 'gotta get all the mickey conditions' sooner rather than later.

unless it's a limited time event then oh god muh OCD

Razmos

If anything it's better to break out of the OCD habit of 'gotta get all the mickey conditions' sooner rather than later.

unless it's a limited time event then oh god muh OCD
Well it's the adamantite I care about, because I need to upgrade my Treasure Trove, the condition I don't really care about

Falk

that puzzling face
You can do it later when you get stronger is my point.

Every time a limited time event with a hard boss comes around I just hope it's not magic-specific since my deck is trash.

xclk07

Have tried Cerebus with Namine, Alice, and Vivi as the 1st medal slot (others slots are maxed 6* Hades, Sora & Pals, Hag, and Aqua)... each one of those attempts failed. Has anyone tried the "Super Boost" method of having Namine, Vivi, And Aerith into 2 dmg medals? That's the last thing I can think of (besides being in a group with a 124% Sora & Pals of course. ;-) )

Zebei

Have tried Cerebus with Namine, Alice,

Huh. . .I thought Namine made it so you constantly mirrored your opponent's current status.

I kind of assumed Alice would just cancel out Namine since mirroring nothing would do nothing then.

I know when I used Namine it was constant at least.

sasuke_91

Dumb question, but what does guilted mean?

Also, should I save up 3000 jewels for Yuffie or should I just do the 600 daily pull?

CRS

I mean it took every single target Magic medal I had to also kill Cerberus. That included having all of my Boosts proc.

Huh. . .I thought Namine made it so you constantly mirrored your opponent's current status.

I kind of assumed Alice would just cancel out Namine since mirroring nothing would do nothing then.

I know when I used Namine it was constant at least.
He said he tried all three medals as the first slot. Not all at once.

Dumb question, but what does guilted mean?

Also, should I save up 3000 jewels for Yuffie or should I just do the 600 daily pull?
Guilt is a multiplier added to your medal after you've upgraded it's ability 6 times. This will explain it a lot better.

Boogiepop

Our party is full, but it seems there are some inactive users. If some admins see this they may listen to your prays lol.

The other GAF party in Unicornis, Oblivion, is probably in a similar situation to us. I will drop a message in GAFKingdom chat when I login telling somebody from the OT wants to join us!
Thanks alot, I really appreciate it!

Anyone have a party I can join that is actively doing the raid bosses? I can't put a dent in one and all the parties I've joined are stupid. Vulpes.

Caught up with the thread. Slowly trudging through story missions while the event is ongoing. Got more medals to dot after a few pulls. 1AP still has me spoiled. Maybe if next week has no updates I'll focus on medal upgrades. Only 11 more Cost to 180.

So can you only get the samurai helmet through the team rankings? It says on the notice that you can get it through the solo ranking rewards too but I don't see the reward.

Psxphile

Anyone have a party I can join that is actively doing the raid bosses? I can't put a dent in one and all the parties I've joined are stupid. Vulpes.

Guess I should count myself lucky that the group I'm with now is so gung-ho on these raid bosses. I've already cleaned out both event boards (can't believe they didn't include any Cids)... in my old party I would have been struggling to kill one within the hour time limit.

Razmos

Hmmmmmm, used my Attack Prize Plus Saix against the fortress crab and all of its pieces, 11 hits against 4 enemies, it completely filled my SP gauge from 2 to 15 in one attack.

So so good, definitely a wise decision :p

CRS

Hmmmmmm, used my Attack Prize Plus Saix against the fortress crab and all of its pieces, 11 hits against 4 enemies, it completely filled my SP gauge from 2 to 15 in one attack.

So so good, definitely a wise decision :p

👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀

You're making the damn Boards very tempting. This sounds amazing for Coliseum runs.

Primus

We're getting a real maintenance shutdown this week, starting at 6pm Pacific on Wednesday, 7/6, and going for 10 hours all the way to 4am Pacific on 7/7. The reason given for the maintenance is an app update, so we'll see if we get the 1.3 update that hit Japan last week.

also

Banned
I hope they will give us some bonus event boards; already have enough coins to complete both available ones.

Did a bit of cleaning on GAFKingdom (removed Dandte [13 days inactive] and Cysidus [10 days inactive]) so we have two available slots.

We're on Unicornis so post your details and one of us can add you.

Ava Pug

Did a bit of cleaning on GAFKingdom (removed Dandte [13 days inactive] and Cysidus [10 days inactive]) so we have two available slots.

We're on Unicornis so post your details and one of us can add you.

You should get rid of people that are Rank E and 0th 0 Lux too.

Sölf

God, I am so happy when I get my next 2 Orichalcum to finally upgrade my Lady Luck so it has 5 slots. Damage of Speedmedals is really lacking and it doesn't help that that's the only Keyblade of the main 3 that still has 4 slots.

Top Bottom