• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Psxphile

I play on my phone with a stylus, and it works really well for me. Might make it more comfortable and easier to use for you.

I'll need to try this.

EDIT: updated Bluestacks since I was running an old version. No dice, still won't load KHUX. Ah well.

Skittles

woah, the speed improvements are noticeable everywhere (galaxy s7 here). there's no slight lag when clicking between menus and quests. everything is super smooth.

I'm tempted to hold onto my 6k jewels until the yuffie boards are done. just incase

creid

I might finally get those last few cost costume boards with these free jewels, but I'll wait to see what these new medals are...

Malyse

I imagine Chi-the-browser-game had stuff like rain, Unchained Chi "removed" that stuff (as in, it didn't have it in the first place) -> now it does.

And seems like KHUX twitter acco won't reach 50k. Too little time, not moving fast enough. Plz speed up. ;__;
Correct. There is snow in Beasts Castle and rain in Dwarf Woodlands.

Bladelaw

I got 3k jewels in the mail, was this related to the twitter follower thing or the survey thing? I just kind of clicked through it.

I used a few jewels to boost my storage because having to clear it out after every map is a pain in the ass. Still sitting on over 3k. What's the best recommendation? I don't have any of the cost avatar boards (I did get KH Cloud but no cost boosts there), should I buy those or wait for a decent medal event? With a +10 Cid I could hold 2 6* medals on a keyblade at the moment.

Faiz

I got 3k jewels in the mail, was this related to the twitter follower thing or the survey thing? I just kind of clicked through it.

I used a few jewels to boost my storage because having to clear it out after every map is a pain in the ass. Still sitting on over 3k. What's the best recommendation? I don't have any of the cost avatar boards (I did get KH Cloud but no cost boosts there), should I buy those or wait for a decent medal event? With a +10 Cid I could hold 2 6* medals on a keyblade at the moment.

Yeah. It was an "a for effort" gift - they didn't get to 50k followers but gave it to us anyway.

Malyse

1h85Mwv.png

So, the browser game is dropping English text all of a sudden?

Pejo

Hey, dumb question, how can you get Event Coins for the event avatar boards? I want that samurai costume, but after I beat the only event related level, i only got 30 coins. I need 30 more to purchase the costume, but I checked back after a few days and it's still the same level with all 3 items already earned.

I tried fighting that raid boss but there's no way I'm going to kill that thing. It would suck if that's the only way to get coins.

Zebei

Hey, dumb question, how can you get Event Coins for the event avatar boards? I want that samurai costume, but after I beat the only event related level, i only got 30 coins. I need 30 more to purchase the costume, but I checked back after a few days and it's still the same level with all 3 items already earned.

I tried fighting that raid boss but there's no way I'm going to kill that thing. It would suck if that's the only way to get coins.
It's either beat the boss or grind that mussion forever (which is impossible)

you're going to have to hooe your party ( if you have one) can give you some backup.

Zafir

Well. The game automatically updated, and now I can't launch it on my S7 Edge....

Anyone experience anything similar?

Edit: Looking up at previous posts, guess it could be a similar issue to the bluestack problem. :/
Edit 2: Nope, apparently they decided to remove support for Adoptive Storage. How great. :|

Faiz

You know the spawned bosses don't renew their health between battles right? Just keep throwing yourself at the boss, it will die eventually. Faster with party help, but it can be done solo.

And yeah, these types of raid events mean you pretty much have to do the raid bosses. You get hundreds of event coins just for killing one.

CRS

Oh man, they finally fixed the ALL CAPS bug with Android devices too (at least mine).

What an update.

Also, I'm probably gonna buy both Yuffie boards since my Speed medals are a bit lacking and I don't have a guilted non-farmable medal yet either. Spend 3k for a guaranteed guilted, Chip and Dale medals, and Attack Prize Plus than the chance at an Epic Medal instead.

Pejo

It's either beat the boss or grind that mussion forever (which is impossible)

you're going to have to hooe your party ( if you have one) can give you some backup.

You know the spawned bosses don't renew their health between battles right? Just keep throwing yourself at the boss, it will die eventually. Faster with party help, but it can be done solo.

And yeah, these types of raid events mean you pretty much have to do the raid bosses. You get hundreds of event coins just for killing one.

Interesting. Guess I'll just go ham and try to kill the damn thing later tonight. Seems like a rather steep time investment. I was able to kill all 3 of it's weak spots last night, but it took me like 20 mins just to get one full health bar off the main section, so I gave up.

c-murph

So, KHUX doesn't seem to be working on my phone after the update. Tried reinstalling but no go... It just loads to black screen then closes.

Any idea what's wrong or if there's a fix?

Zafir

So, KHUX doesn't seem to be working on my phone after the update. Tried reinstalling but no go... It just loads to black screen then closes.

Any idea what's wrong or if there's a fix?

If you have it on your micro sd using adoptive storage, put it back into your internal storage. It doesn't seem to support adoptive storage anymore.

Otherwise there's reports of people on certain Android 4.x OS' complaining of a similar issue, not sure on the fix for that.

c-murph

If you have it on your micro sd using adoptive storage, put it back into your internal storage. It doesn't seem to support adoptive storage anymore.

Otherwise there's reports of people on certain Android 4.x OS' complaining of a similar issue, not sure on the fix for that.

I'm on a moto g 2015. I think it's running whatever the latest firmware is. Lollypop, bubble gum or whatever the heck its call. I had it installed on my Micro. I'll try uninstalling and putting it directly on the phone.

So uh... I dropped this game hard lol. Last mission I completed was apparently mission 250, My Lux lvl is 87 and I have the KH Cloud medal that was considered high tier back when the game released... Any active unicornis unions I can join?

c-murph

Yeah, moved it from my SD card to my phone and it loaded... but now it appears I loss all my Save data. Fuck.

Edit: Apparently, it doesn't link to Google play like FFRK? I guess I need a Facebook account? I don't have Facebook...

Zafir

Yeah, moved it from my SD card to my phone and it loaded... but now it appears I loss all my Save data. Fuck.

Edit: Apparently, it doesn't link to Google play like FFRK? I guess I need a Facebook account? I don't have Facebook...

Nah newer Squenix games seem to use Facebook. Brave Exvius also ties to Facebook. =/

c-murph

Nah newer Squenix games seem to use Facebook. Brave Exvius also ties to Facebook. =/

So, I'm shit out of luck at getting my data back or is it still tied to a SE server somewhere? I spent way too many hours on the game to get screw over by their update.

Edit: Tried contacting SE Support at a couple of emails. Hopefully, one of them turns out to be helpful since its was their updates fault.

Zafir

So, I'm shit out of luck at getting my data back or is it still tied to a SE server somewhere? I spent way too many hours on the game to get screw over by their update.

Edit: Tried contacting SE Support at a couple of emails. Hopefully, one of them turns out to be helpful since its was their updates fault.

They may be able to help if you know your unique account id, hard to say though.

Falk

that puzzling face

It -should- be on a server somewhere, considering stuff has to be server side for validation etc (the same reason hacking screwing rankings are a big no-no)

The games, like most modern Squeenix mobage offerings, probably identify by device and sends you your account info automatically, rather than a login system. Tying a device to facebook is how you let the service know multiple devices belong to you and to send you your account information to all of them (since presumably you'd log in to facebook on all of them or something)

I'm pretty sure you'd hardly be the only case screwed over by an update going south. Hopefully they find a way to validate with you which account it was. Stuff like friend code, name, last login date, etc.

c-murph

It -should- be on a server somewhere, considering stuff has to be server side for validation etc (the same reason hacking screwing rankings are a big no-no)

The games, like most modern Squeenix mobage offerings, probably identify by device and sends you your account info automatically, rather than a login system. Tying a device to facebook is how you let the service know multiple devices belong to you and to send you your account information to all of them (since presumably you'd log in to facebook on all of them or something)

I'm pretty sure you'd hardly be the only case screwed over by an update going south. Hopefully they find a way to validate with you which account it was. Stuff like friend code, name, last login date, etc.

Yeah, sent them everything I had; name, ID, Server name, phone model, software, Medals owned, most recent purchase receipt number, etc...

I guess I need a fake Facebook account going forward. Shit should back up to Google Play or another offering for those without Facebook.

c-murph

Can't you just pretend Facebook is their login system?

Hmmm, maybe? Give it a shot.

Edit: oh, wait what? lol I think I misread your last post. I ended up trying to "migrate" data from a fake FB account I made and it just tells me no data associated with FB account... Obviously it didn't work but desperation man. lol

Primus

New story info is out from Chi in Japan. I won't link to it since it's heavy spoilers for stuff that hasn't happened yet in NAUX, but it's easy enough to find.

Pretty sure this is the Darkest Timeline. Holy crap.

Malyse

New story info is out from Chi in Japan. I won't link to it since it's heavy spoilers for stuff that hasn't happened yet in NAUX, but it's easy enough to find.

Pretty sure this is the Darkest Timeline. Holy crap.

I pretty openly discuss [chi] in the Community thread, but yeah.
I think at least one of the Foretellers doesn't survive this.

Psxphile

Looks like the best farming method is to have 4 of the raid bosses up and just cycle through breaking their parts

That's all I've been doing (especially since it's difficult in an active party to have a Raid Boss sit and regenerate its limbs unless everyone is occupied with something else). Breaking the limbs give out tens of thousands of Lux during Double Lux (if you break all three in one go) while just attacking the main body just nets you 1k-2k+ at max.

I pretty openly discuss [chi] in the Community thread, but yeah.
I think at least one of the Foretellers doesn't survive this.

I think Back Cover already spoiled that.

CRS

I think gone from level 156 to 182 so far from this event lol, crazy. Most I've gotten is 3 levels In one run
Try to take advantage of your AP resets. Do special quests so you're not wasting AP since after 200, it gets a LOT more difficult to level up.

Looks like the best farming method is to have 4 of the raid bosses up and just cycle through breaking their parts
Yeah. During the Bonus hours, our party got a system set up. Let body parts reset and always fight the same one together to maximize the bosses.

Getting ~41000 Lux every fight for an hour. 👍

Falk

that puzzling face
(Preemptively)

Guys, do me a solid and keep spoilers or talks of spoilers or even hints of spoilers in the community thread. Because I'm pretty much the only mod that posts in here (RIP duckroll) I take the brunt of 'oh my god spoilers help' messages both onsite and offiste.

(Story spoilers, that is - as we kinda briefly talked about earlier in the thread, mechanics spoilers e.g. what awesome medals are coming up are kinda inevitable in these kinds of staggered services)

Malyse

(Preemptively)

Guys, do me a solid and keep spoilers or talks of spoilers or even hints of spoilers in the community thread. Because I'm pretty much the only mod that posts in here (RIP duckroll) I take the brunt of 'oh my god spoilers help' messages both onsite and offiste.

(Story spoilers, that is - as we kinda briefly talked about earlier in the thread, mechanics spoilers e.g. what awesome medals are coming up are kinda inevitable in these kinds of staggered services)

duckroll must live with eternal shame.

Top Bottom