• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Skittles

the zootopia medal is easily guiltable at 50% and it has decentish stats. look like it'll be my replacement on vivi when i need to tank. not a bad medal at all, especially if you don't have any strength boosters

Sölf

the zootopia medal is easily guiltable at 50% and it has decentish stats. look like it'll be my replacement on vivi when i need to tank. not a bad medal at all, especially if you don't have any strength boosters

Yeah, thought the same. Only sad part for me, I probably won't be able to get all 7. I have 5 so far and I doubt I will get the last 2 with the medals I have. Also, mission 8 is a nightmare. I am always missing a chest. Fuck that. D:

The new Highscore challenge is okay. My first try gave me 232k and I doubt I will get any higher, the only things left are the 180 and 200 Morning Star. Yeah, I won't be able to kill those.

Aside from that, I am now away for a few days. I hope I have internet to least be able to continue my daily logins.

Avallon

OK. This is what I'm talking about!
UkWkr8Q.jpg

Famassu

Hoooli fakin shitzuugel! I actually pulled off Zootropolis mission #14 with all objectives met (in a single run, even). I really didn't think I could do it. There were a lot of things against me...

1) the optional hard wizard required my most powerful single target speed medals if I was to beat it in a single turn and I only had 1 AOE medal for the whole quest because of that

2) there were those annoying multi elemental gummi ship battles. Somewhat challenging to pull those off without my AOE medals and without wasting numerous special gauges on the battles

3) the target battle was against FOUR fucking wizards, all with high-ish defense. I was low on special gauge and without more than one AOE medal to help me out deal heavier damage to every enemy. I used my Illustrated Yuffie to kill off one of the enemies on the first turn, got two lucky def boosts on the enemies turn and survived, got a couple more killed on the second turn, survived the last attack of the last remaining enemy with the health I'd gotten from the two enemies I killed and killed him on the third turn.

I'm just happy one of the objectives wasn't "kill every enemy in 1 turn", that would be insane.

Felt good. The game's battle system is quite simple and the game is a bit too P2W overall, especially in these optional high level quests, but it still allows for some room to strategize if your medals are a bit underleveled (but not too much so). I could've done so many things wrong in the quest that would have made passing it impossible, but with some forethought I managed to beat it.

Bu this mission #15 is insaaaaane. My KH Cloud (with two pips & +1000 strength) only does a little over 1000 damage to the Invisible if the Attack Boost II doesn't activate. -_- and it has 4 bars of health. -_- -_- -_- -_- Too much of a P2W deal. Oh well, I guess I won't guilt the Zootropolis medal.

StarVigil

I have a question. As as F2P guy that started sort of recently (I'm at mission 179 or so), what's the strategy I should be going for in regards to jewels and pulls?
As I understand, guilted medals are a ton better than simple 6*s. People on reddit suggest for new players to unlock the avatar boards first for the cost points you need to equip 6* medals in the future. And stick with leveling up and guilting the free medals you get from story quests as will be stronger than an unguilted jewel medal you might get from a pull.
So in the end, I play the game as far as I can with the medals I have (I did two 3k pulls so far), and save the jewels until I have enough to do several 3k pulls during an epic carnival, and hopefully get enough of the same medals so I can guilt them.
Does that seem the way to go as opposed to doing a 3k pull as soon as I have enough or doing the daily 3 medals for 600 pulls to maximise the number of medals I get.

I have a question. As as F2P guy that started sort of recently (I'm at mission 179 or so), what's the strategy I should be going for in regards to jewels and pulls?
As I understand, guilted medals are a ton better than simple 6*s. People on reddit suggest for new players to unlock the avatar boards first for the cost points you need to equip 6* medals in the future. And stick with leveling up and guilting the free medals you get from story quests as will be stronger than an unguilted jewel medal you might get from a pull.
So in the end, I play the game as far as I can with the medals I have (I did two 3k pulls so far), and save the jewels until I have enough to do several 3k pulls during an epic carnival, and hopefully get enough of the same medals so I can guilt them.
Does that seem the way to go as opposed to doing a 3k pull as soon as I have enough or doing the daily 3 medals for 600 pulls to maximise the number of medals I get.

There are a bunch of things to consider. I'm F2P player too (doe I am sometimes tempted to turn to the dark side lol).

For a F2P player I would recommend focusing more on the 600 jewel daily pulls than 3K ones until you have decent decks for all 3 colours. It sucks that there is no guaranteed good pulls for them but it still ends up being much more cost efficient building good decks from scratch and jewels are in short supply. Not to say 3K during Epic Medal carnivals is a bad idea since it guarantees at least one great medal (unless you have super bad luck) but if you don't have horrible luck the 600 pulls will end up in your favour in the long run.

You definately want to unlock some of the avatar boards ASAP since cost of the medals becomes an issue very fast with multiple 6* medals. But that actually doesn't mean you should unlock every one of em right away. Personally I left 2 boards unpurchased for a long time since you can use healer/buffer medals at 5* and not lose much. I now have 1 board unpurchased and I'm doing pretty good in the late game events ect.

As for guilting farmable medals it's a good idea at the beginning if you don't get absolutely amazing pulls but good non farmable medals actually aren't that far from power from guilted farmable counterparts and you don't really want to use any Cid/Chip/Dale medals on farmable medals so I wouldn't really be guilting everything I see. Do some pulls and see what is your weakest point and focus your farm on that. Personally I got by with just a guilted Yuna. So for example if you get a bunch of Chip medals for a basic 6* non-farmable medal it most definately will outperform a guilted farm medal.

Hoooli fakin shitzuugel! I actually pulled off Zootropolis mission #14 with all objectives met (in a single run, even). I really didn't think I could do it. There were a lot of things against me...

1) the optional hard wizard required my most powerful single target speed medals if I was to beat it in a single turn and I only had 1 AOE medal for the whole quest because of that

2) there were those annoying multi elemental gummi ship battles. Somewhat challenging to pull those off without my AOE medals and without wasting numerous special gauges on the battles

3) the target battle was against FOUR fucking wizards, all with high-ish defense. I was low on special gauge and without more than one AOE medal to help me out deal heavier damage to every enemy. I used my Illustrated Yuffie to kill off one of the enemies on the first turn, got two lucky def boosts on the enemies turn and survived, got a couple more killed on the second turn, survived the last attack of the last remaining enemy with the health I'd gotten from the two enemies I killed and killed him on the third turn.

I'm just happy one of the objectives wasn't "kill every enemy in 1 turn", that would be insane.

Felt good. The game's battle system is quite simple and the game is a bit too P2W overall, especially in these optional high level quests, but it still allows for some room to strategize if your medals are a bit underleveled (but not too much so). I could've done so many things wrong in the quest that would have made passing it impossible, but with some forethought I managed to beat it.

Bu this mission #15 is insaaaaane. My KH Cloud (with two pips & +1000 strength) only does a little over 1000 damage to the Invisible if the Attack Boost II doesn't activate. -_- and it has 4 bars of health. -_- -_- -_- -_- Too much of a P2W deal. Oh well, I guess I won't guilt the Zootropolis medal.

I had more trouble with #14 than #15 funny enough. My speed setup is abysmal compared to my power one (I was lucky enough to pull Illustrated Cloud in the last carnival as f2p, my first super rare epic). The bonus round after 15 is laughable, level 250 enemies lol. Pretty much everything did 1 damage.

Andrefpvs

These are my pulls from the current carnival:

bYD98I9.png

bhpeWpu.png

What do you guys think? I'm kind of ignorant about what the good medals are ._.

These are my pulls from the current carnival:

bYD98I9.png

bhpeWpu.png

What do you guys think? I'm kind of ignorant about what the good medals are ._.

Meh tier: all the rest

Good tier: Leon, Master Form, Queen, Rabbit (unless you have KH2 kairi that makes the rabbit useless), Phil

Great tier: Minnie, S+D+G, Musketeer G, Saix, Larxene, Zexion

Good pulls IMO

Andrefpvs

Meh tier: all the rest

Good tier: Leon, Master Form, Queen, Rabbit (unless you have KH2 kairi that makes the rabbit useless), Phil

Great tier: Minnie, S+D+G, Musketeer G, Saix, Larxene, Zexion

Good pulls IMO

Thanks a lot, Napalm! I'll take a closer look at the ones you mentioned.

StarVigil

There are a bunch of things to consider. I'm F2P player too (doe I am sometimes tempted to turn to the dark side lol).

For a F2P player I would recommend focusing more on the 600 jewel daily pulls than 3K ones until you have decent decks for all 3 colours. It sucks that there is no guaranteed good pulls for them but it still ends up being much more cost efficient building good decks from scratch and jewels are in short supply. Not to say 3K during Epic Medal carnivals is a bad idea since it guarantees at least one great medal (unless you have super bad luck) but if you don't have horrible luck the 600 pulls will end up in your favour in the long run.

You definately want to unlock some of the avatar boards ASAP since cost of the medals becomes an issue very fast with multiple 6* medals. But that actually doesn't mean you should unlock every one of em right away. Personally I left 2 boards unpurchased for a long time since you can use healer/buffer medals at 5* and not lose much. I now have 1 board unpurchased and I'm doing pretty good in the late game events ect.

As for guilting farmable medals it's a good idea at the beginning if you don't get absolutely amazing pulls but good non farmable medals actually aren't that far from power from guilted farmable counterparts and you don't really want to use any Cid/Chip/Dale medals on farmable medals so I wouldn't really be guilting everything I see. Do some pulls and see what is your weakest point and focus your farm on that. Personally I got by with just a guilted Yuna. So for example if you get a bunch of Chip medals for a basic 6* non-farmable medal it most definately will outperform a guilted farm medal.
Alright, thanks. This sounds more optimistic than some of the posts on reddit.

I really wish they'd take farmables out of the epic medal carnivals. 8/10 medals that I pulled were farmables/common medals and the other two were both Xaldins. Happy to have my first Xaldin, but it's still kind of a downer.

Skittles

Alright, thanks. This sounds more optimistic than some of the posts on reddit.
if you're going to do dailies, only do it during epic carnivals. Yuna, Paine, Rikku, and stitch are all worth guilting and outperform nearly all unguilted gacha medals(with full chip & dale). just don't feed them chip & dales or cids. they'll last you quite awhile and i feel like people neglect guilting those 4 and suffer somewhat. wakka, goofy ver a, and Donald ver a arent bad either guilted. the rest of the farmables you can pretty much ignore

Credo

Is there a certain one of the Alice levels that's best to farm for queens? And I mean *any* queen. I need one more Queen of Hearts medal to level up, and I've spent all of my AP trying to get it today and gotten nothing but playing cards.

Is there a certain one of the Alice levels that's best to farm for queens? And I mean *any* queen. I need one more Queen of Hearts medal to level up, and I've spent all of my AP trying to get it today and gotten nothing but playing cards.

The last mission has decent drop rate for me at least.

also

Banned

It's not about being a whale, it's just about having the right skills and some luck. No matter what medal, you will hardly be doing any damage, so you'll need to rely on poison for the kill. A good setup would be.
1x paralysis
2x poison
2x defense boost
Friend medal with sleep; this one doesn't have to be magic for the achievement to unlock.
Bring one healer for when paralysis&sleep don't work and you're golden.

Did it on my 1st try and with only 1 poison medal because I stupidly used Sora&Pals with Atk boost II thinking that it could do some damage. Boy was I wrong, poison is the only way.

alittlelove

Neo Member
It's not about being a whale, it's just about having the right skills and some luck. No matter what medal, you will hardly be doing any damage, so you'll need to rely on poison for the kill. A good setup would be.
1x paralysis
2x poison
2x defense boost
Friend medal with sleep; this one doesn't have to be magic for the achievement to unlock.
Bring one healer for when paralysis&sleep don't work and you're golden.

Did it on my 1st try and with only 1 poison medal because I stupidly used Sora&Pals with Atk boost II thinking that it could do some damage. Boy was I wrong, poison is the only way.

I thought that mission was about killing the Invisible in 1 turn? Surviving isn't really the issue with that one.

I'm not sure I can achieve one turn without something like Illustrated Cloud - I threw all of Leon/BC Riku/3DS Riku/KH Cloud at it and it was still half a bar higher than Poison kill range.

also

Banned
I thought that mission was about killing the Invisible in 1 turn? Surviving isn't really the issue with that one.

I'm not sure I can achieve one turn without something like Illustrated Cloud - I threw all of Leon/BC Riku/3DS Riku/KH Cloud at it and it was still half a bar higher than Poison kill range.

Ah I messed up. I was talking about the bonus mission after #15.

Boogiepop

Is there a current decent place to grind for ducklings on a non-exp mission day like today? Want to evolve some things while I have the chance, and I'm out of Exp. Also, is there any purpose whatsoever to keeping low level cards around, or are they plenty easy to get? Got some level 1/2 ones clogging my inventory right now...

Skittles

Is there a current decent place to grind for ducklings on a non-exp mission day like today? Want to evolve some things while I have the chance, and I'm out of Exp. Also, is there any purpose whatsoever to keeping low level cards around, or are they plenty easy to get? Got some level 1/2 ones clogging my inventory right now...
The last alice event quest gives like 2x red huey( the one before copter). No reason to keep anything below 4*. The last event quest drops 4* queen and 4* cards frequently enough.

edit: Just beat the adamntite cereberus quest using defense boost I, paralysis, poison, the new zootopia medal, a single target damage dealer, and a friend medal with sleep. Was pretty easy as long as paralysis or sleep triggered and defense boost triggered on first powered up hit.

edit 2: did the same thing to lady luck adamntite 3 but with two single target damage dealers, paralysis, defense boost, poison, and sleep as a friend. Was far more annoying to do though

LAA

Games losing me now. I just can't do the keyblade adamantite ore part 2/3 quests. I've struggled to even do the last quest in a "quest update" too and I've had to use jewels to continue and actually finish them.
Looking at videos, seems you basically need 5 guilted medals and/or have a friend medal which is incredibly strong, so basically 100% luck to get to such a point. Disappointing.

These are the medals I have for my keyblade currently:

Foffy

Banned
Small question about the plot (oh BOY) about the game.

If the game is set in 100 years in the past from the first game,
why are all of the characters you meet in the worlds as old as they are? I noticed this with Hercules, who is actually older in this than in BbS. Does this get explained? I know the medals and their assets were explained, strangely enough.

Small question about the plot (oh BOY) about the game.

If the game is set in 100 years in the past from the first game,
why are all of the characters you meet in the worlds as old as they are? I noticed this with Hercules, who is actually older in this than in BbS. Does this get explained? I know the medals and their assets were explained, strangely enough.

This all gets fully explained.

Basically,
none of the things you are doing in the Disney worlds are real. It's all illusions made by the Foretellers in order to for their guild members to gather more Lux without needing to actually travel to other worlds.

Skittles

Games losing me now. I just can't do the keyblade adamantite ore part 2/3 quests. I've struggled to even do the last quest in a "quest update" too and I've had to use jewels to continue and actually finish them.
Looking at videos, seems you basically need 5 guilted medals and/or have a friend medal which is incredibly strong, so basically 100% luck to get to such a point. Disappointing.

Right now the biggest problem with all your keyblades is the lack of guilted farmables (is that rikku guitled?). You don't have a guilted yuna, paine, nor stitch which outclasses quite a few of your current medals even if they have full chips & dales with ATTB 2. I would also guilt KH Sora ver a, Goofy ver a, and donald ver a. Riku 3D or the Queen guilted would be helpful too.

Burbeting

Banned
I'm about to reach the point in the game where guiltily is becoming something that I need. However I have no idea how to guilt medals right now, although I do have 6* medal that is lvl 100 (Mushu), and one firmalle medal that is not quite there yet (Stitch).

Is there any easy crash course to guilting?

Skittles

I'm about to reach the point in the game where guiltily is becoming something that I need. However I have no idea how to guilt medals right now, although I do have 6* medal that is lvl 100 (Mushu), and one firmalle medal that is not quite there yet (Stitch).

Is there any easy crash course to guilting?
JJFncxO.jpg

This shows the optimal path for guilting

LAA

Right now the biggest problem with all your keyblades is the lack of guilted farmables (is that rikku guitled?). You don't have a guilted yuna, paine, nor stitch which outclasses quite a few of your current medals even if they have full chips & dales with ATTB 2. I would also guilt KH Sora ver a, Goofy ver a, and donald ver a. Riku 3D or the Queen guilted would be helpful too.

None of them are fully guilted yeah, which is seemingly something it seems I need more lately. Problem is, no sure way do that other than to get lucky and get the same medal like 5 times.
Thanks for the advice anyway. Maybe I could still get the Queen medal, don't now about guilted though.

None of them are fully guilted yeah, which is seemingly something it seems I need more lately. Problem is, no sure way do that other than to get lucky and get the same medal like 5 times.
Thanks for the advice anyway. Maybe I could still get the Queen medal, don't now about guilted though.

You can check this
spreadsheet and try particular levels, it isn't perfect but it shouldn't be too hard to get the required medals.

So, I can do away with Stitch if I guilt Master Form Sora, right?

Because I can do that now.

(Too bad I already put quite a few Chips and Dales on Stitch, though.)

I'd recommend putting a damage buffer on all of your set-ups (Judy & Nick work fine for all of them), and take your weakest medal out. You will overall do more damage with a strength increase than you will with five attack medals.

Wow, I actually managed to 1-turn mission 400!

Did it using a level 23 TT with 5* DiZ, 5* Aerith, Illustrated Cloud w/AB2, Guilted Wakka w/AB1, Guilted Queen of Hearts w/AB1, and a Guilted BC Mickey w/AB2. And all Attack Boosts besides Wakka's activated. Still haven't 1 turned 350 since I haven't been blessed with a Namine.

I'm hoping to guilt the card soldiers by Tuesday to replace Wakka and give that extra boost to 1-turn the Cloud at level 30 in the Coliseum. I'm aiming to skip to level 32 and avoid the level with the multi-colored bag o'coins and get in the top 2500 for the Second Chance medal.

Razmos

Got Xigbar and Luxord from the 3000 pull.

Xigbar seems awesome. Same effect as Black Coat Mickey (AoE, no element) with slightly lower multiplier, but hits twice.

Having both Black Coat Mickey and Xigbar on my Olympia keyblade will wreck most enemies

What you want for 350 is Alice, not Namine.

Although, it is still possible to 1-turn him without Alice (like I did). You just need to be super buffed up lol.

Lol yeah, that's what I meant. Don't have Alice either and my Lady Luck Keyblade suuuuuuuuuuucks.

I tried the new Adamantite quests today, TT makes me sad, I can beat a lv. 116 Card Soldier in one turn but I'm probably a bar away from beating it at lv. 140. I feel that with a little bit of tweaking, I can beat the Starlight one though.

RXMsBbb.png

Another ehhhhhhhh pull for me :p

Abu and Bambi are complete trash, Valor form is super situational and not really any good before guilting, Daisy is useless since I already have Minnie and more blips on Minnie is not exactly the most useful thing.

Leon is ok but not exactly super useful for me without guilt but it could be good in the long run.

KH Cloud is the best one here for me. I'm very close to guilting it now and it would give me a huge boost in PWR damage. It's already my strongest single target medal and every new blip counts. Limit Form is another great one, while this is my first blip on it it's always in use so it's a bit extra damage on top of that. Marluxia is the last great pull for me, one of the best medals in the game and good option for the reverse speed slot.

Pinochhio is the kinda medal I have hard time putting my finger on. I haven't done any defensive medal experimenting but it could come useful in some rare cases I suppose. Or it just sucks.

Skittles

Best pulls i've done in awhile. Finally got my namine

Also, I should probably mention this, but if you pull a duplicate premium/epic and it's better than everything you have. Just level up the duplicate to max and equip it too. No reason to feed into itself if you're not close to guilting it. Just don't chip & dale it nor cid it(if you can). I regret feeding my dup BC mickey because of that. Right now I have 3 copies of the nick & judy medals just so I can buff myself to one turn some of this stuff.

alittlelove

Neo Member
Finally some good pulls after the BC Mickey banner from a long time ago:

A pull I forgot to screenshot that had Namine, Marluxia, and a dot for LF Sora/BC Riku +

bEKzvyk.png

I don't even care that half of that was shit. Roxas!

I wish the VIP evo mats quests would come back. Is this a permanent quest for JP users?

Psxphile

Er, wait... same medal boosts stack? I thought they only stacked if the medals were different. Or that they lasted more than one turn. I've never understood that.

Er, wait... same medal boosts stack? I thought they only stacked if the medals were different. Or that they lasted more than one turn. I've never understood that.
If I recall correctly, increasing the same boost is additive but having a colored and a general boost together is multiplicative.

So, while you can have, say, two DiZ medals, it's not as powerful as a DiZ and a Phil.

RalchAC

Got 2 Organization XIII pulls after a 10 pull and a bunch of crap and dupes that aren't that useful.

Is the game planning to throw a new high score challenge everytime it releases new units?

After a 1 week long break, I'm trying to get enough Cards from the Wonderland event so I can guilt both the Queen and the Cards themselves.

Psxphile

If I recall correctly, increasing the same boost is additive but having a colored and a general boost together is multiplicative.

So, while you can have, say, two DiZ medals, it's not as powerful as a DiZ and a Phil.

That makes more sense. I think. Is that what the "x2" means next to the boost symbol in battle? I thought maybe it meant that the boost lasts more than one turn.

Skittles

This is correct. Also, colored boosts are 5% more powerful than strength boosts
That makes more sense. I think. Is that what the "x2" means next to the boost symbol in battle? I thought maybe it meant that the boost lasts more than one turn.
Yes, the x means what level the bonus is. All buffs/debuffs can go up to level 3

Pinochhio is the kinda medal I have hard time putting my finger on. I haven't done any defensive medal experimenting but it could come useful in some rare cases I suppose. Or it just sucks.

Pinocchio is completely useless now that Judy & Nick exists. Just look at that pose he has; he's completely flipping you off.

By the way, everyone, are DiZ/KHII Aerith/Vivi expendable now since Judy & Nick came out? I mean, it's an extra special gauge to use, but it's hard to say no to extra defense.

I need to know since I most likely will have to transfer a Paralysis skill from my DiZ to Judy & Nick for the high score challenge.

Top Bottom