• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Pinocchio is completely useless now that Judy & Nick exists. Just look at that pose he has; he's completely flipping you off.

By the way, everyone, are DiZ/KHII Aerith/Vivi expendable now since Judy & Nick came out? I mean, it's an extra special gauge to use, but it's hard to say no to extra defense.

I need to know since I most likely will have to transfer a Paralysis skill from my DiZ to Judy & Nick for the high score challenge.

Forgot about J&N completely, you are right, it completely makes Pinocchio useless.

Psxphile

Question: Is the Nick and Judy Medal any good? If I put an Defense Boost on it does the effect stack?

Pretty good for general use. Uses up 3 bars instead of two but you get a general buff to both Strength and Defense. And yes, it'll stack with passive abilities like Attack Boost and Defense Boost. I've been putting Defense boosts on all my support medals.

c-murph

Pretty good for general use. Uses up 3 bars instead of two but you get a general buff to both Strength and Defense. And yes, it'll stack with passive abilities like Attack Boost and Defense Boost. I've been putting Defense boosts on all my support medals.

Sweet. Thanks!

Burbeting

Banned
Question. I realised that the last Coliseum mission was 130, and I'm right now at 265. When can I expect to hit those missions again? I need places to farm for netherwater outside the Monday event.

c-murph

Decided I'd do another Pull:

GLHjppx.png

Kairi suppose to be alright, right?

That also make my sixth KHII Black Coat Riku. I got two from my two last pulls, one came with three little pips. One more and I can guilt.

I spent some money for the first time on the discounted 3k jewel pack and naturally I got the worst pull ever for it. That'll teach me.

As for^^ Kh2 Kairi is easily one of best speed medals in the game. It's the only medal to give 2 tiers of colour boost so it's a must have on speed heavy decks.

Famassu

Decided I'd do another Pull:

GLHjppx.png

Kairi suppose to be alright, right?

That also make my sixth KHII Black Coat Riku. I got two from my two last pulls, one came with three little pips. One more and I can guilt.
Doesn't Kairi give a level 2 (speed?) str buff? So yes, she's pretty useful.

I'm ranked around 3000 in the high score event (about 336k, can possibly go a tiny bit higher) and about 1900 in the coliseum (lv. 33 completed, I think I could reach the mad dog stage before tapping out) . Hopefully, both will stand long enough for me to get the AB2 Max and Second Chance
which I will inevitably hoard for better medals that I'll never pull but still...

Dee Dee

Hi, I just started the game, not really deep into the meta game, I can still hardly equip a 6star medal.
Are there any active parties with Leopardis? The list in the OP seems kinda old and is full of Reddit users...

Ilvocare

Hi, I just started the game, not really deep into the meta game, I can still hardly equip a 6star medal.
Are there any active parties with Leopardis? The list in the OP seems kinda old and is full of Reddit users...

I might be the only person still on this thread rolling with Leopardos. I'm in a party but the participation is... spotty, at best. Wouldn't mind trying to help out, though!

Just had another lackluster pull, got Brooding Red Hair Anime Dork and Musketeer Mickey, plus eight trash.

Maybe the two I got are good, but like, literally the other eight medals were useless to me, not even for pips.

I'm kind of thinking of saving up for one more Epic Pull and then deleting the game if I get another pull for a bunch of free medals.

Sölf

Managed to beat the first Treasure Trove and the second Starlight mission. Upgraded TT to 22 and Lady Luck to 21. If I had some stronger power AoE I could probably also do the second TT one. I am currently using a 6* Winnie & Piglet or 6* Queen of Hearts, 5* Mushu, 6* Cloud, 6* KH 1 Riku and 5* Captain Goofy. If I could get 6* Mushu I could exchange Winnie with Vivi who is only 5*, but then I loose 1 tier of strenght, no idea if the 2 (or 3?) additional attack Mushu gets at 6* would do more damage than a whole tier of damage. I have no problems with the first groups because those are all single enemies, but the boss has a second enemy and I can only either kill one or bring both low. D:

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Just had another lackluster pull, got Brooding Red Hair Anime Dork and Musketeer Mickey, plus eight trash.

Maybe the two I got are good, but like, literally the other eight medals were useless to me, not even for pips.

I'm kind of thinking of saving up for one more Epic Pull and then deleting the game if I get another pull for a bunch of free medals.
I'll probably give the game up with the upcoming 1 year anniversary in 2 months; too much space used and too many games coning. :(

Skittles

did you pull axel?

Malyse

Lexaeus? He's the only other I can think of. He's pretty darn great too.

So 425 is gonna be brutal, we should get some F2P QOL updates to go with it. Unless they wanna bleed players lol

It's only going to get worse, if [chi] is any indicator. 30 consecutive backflips in a row.

Boogiepop

Hmm, got 33000 in the high score challenge, and I currently can't beat the 2 highest Morningstars. Maybe I could put in the work and figure out a way to take out the lower one? It's tricky since my medals to add to the score limit what I can put in, so I've essentially got a Lexaeus and Queen of Hearts slapped in for the extra percentage, and then an Aeris for boosts (which I guess could be swapped out for the zootopia one, though I'm not sure that'll make a big difference), and then my fully buffed up Aqua and Hades for dealing actual damage. Oh, and of course picking a Roxas for the nice meaty boost as my friend medal.

Oh well, assuming the new story quests come in as normal, I should be able to just barely actually manage a 10 pull while the event is still on, so maybe I'll get lucky and end up with something I can work with. And to be honest I'll feel WAY less bad if I miss that Scrooge ability than I would have if I missed the unique medal last time around...

Falk

that puzzling face
Lexaeus? He's the only other I can think of. He's pretty darn great too.

I 10-pulled.

And got Lexaeus.

My red deck already has 5 6* medals.

Meanwhile green and blue are still poverty tier with the best medals being guilted Illust Yuffie and 0.2 Aqua.

:(

c-murph

What stages give out the 150 jewels? I'm on 360 and trying to see if I can come up with another 3,000 to pull on the carnival banner again.

Currently have 2,490 Jewels in the bank. I get 200 more tomorrow for the Login. So, essentially have 2,690 and need 310... So, three more jewel drops.

What stages give out the 150 jewels? I'm on 360 and trying to see if I can come up with another 3,000 to pull on the carnival banner again.

Currently have 2,490 Jewels in the bank. I get 200 more tomorrow for the Login. So, essentially have 2,690 and need 310... So, three more jewel drops.

It's every 5 stages.

e: got beat to it

Malyse

I 10-pulled.

And got Lexaeus.

My red deck already has 5 6* medals.

Meanwhile green and blue are still poverty tier with the best medals being guilted Illust Yuffie and 0.2 Aqua.

:(

Those are two good medals though. My Yuffie is hitting 20K occasionally and 0.2 Aqua is a monster with guilt.

Falk

that puzzling face
Those are two good medals though. My Yuffie is hitting 20K occasionally and 0.2 Aqua is a monster with guilt.

Yeah, no doubt.

There was a discussion in guild chat about the state of the game where guilt really is everything right now and slightly weaker medals with guilt are simply just outdoing the gacha premiums with 0-2 pips unless boss stats are so high that 4.0 x 100 is less than 2.5 x 1500 (numbers semi-pulled out of ass)

This means unless you're whaling or get really streaky and pull 20 Black Coat Rikus like a certain someone, the guilt medals, as in, event medals, are going to be mainstays for a while since they're the ones people have access to guilts.

(I'm partially suffering right now because I couldn't farm 3D medals)

Brooms will change the balance, in the same trickling way Cid medals are.

Managed to get 487k with a +42% bonus for the high score challenge.

I could bring it up to +49%, but I'm not sure if it's worth it. I'm currently around 1300th for ranking; would a +49% bonus allow me to shoot into the top 1000?

Also, who is the better candidate for the Attack Boost II Max: Sephiroth or Black Coat Mickey?

Skittles

I could bring it up to +49%, but I'm not sure if it's worth it. I'm currently around 1300th for ranking; would a +49% bonus allow me to shoot into the top 1000?

Also, who is the better candidate for the Attack Boost II Max: Sephiroth or Black Coat Mickey?
is that score with killing everything?

also

Banned

With 49% I got 542k, currently at ~600. Hopefully I will manage to sty in top 1000, but I have been steadily moving down: about 150 spots per day.

what was your setup for that?

5* Vivi w/ Paralysis
6* Queen of Hearts
6* Hades
6* Snow White w/ Poison
6* Zexion w/ Attack Boost II
6* SP Roxas w/ Attack Prize Plus (friend medal)

And a whoooooole lotta luck.

With 49% I got 542k, currently at ~600. Hopefully I will manage to sty in top 1000, but I have been steadily moving down: about 150 spots per day.

Huh, so it actually is worth it to try for the top 1000.

Time to do this whole song and dance again... *sigh*

I'll need to replace my Vivi with another of the bonus medals and attach a Paralysis to them.

Skittles

Couple fun facts about the high score challenge:
1. You want the morning star to heal if you have the sustain. him healing and then getting hit with poison will increase your score due to more damage done.

2. There's a well hidden chest above the lvl 200 morning star which gives like 6 bars
QmD2jyi.png

Man I wish I had an Axel or SDG that I could slap my attack prize plus on. Also, it's kind of fucked up they made the monsters in this event power, but the reversed medal selection for bonus score is kind of ass besides roxas; and even then he requires 10 gauges to get his full effect.(demyx is alright too, but still)

Razmos

Was in the top 3000 a couple of days ago, but got bumped up to 5005 when I checked this morning, eurgh. Tried it again with a different set up and managed to beat the 180 morning star, so my high score increased from about 330,000 to 400,000. So now I'm at around rank 3500.

I really hope that's enough :/

Also holy shit KHII Black Coat Riku with 47% guilt in the 2.37x power slot on my Olympia keyblade. Such wreckage

And I'm using Magic Mirrors to bump him up to 50%, just put Attack Boost 2 on him, and I still haven't put any Chip medals on him yet, damn.

To have a chance at beating the high score challenge with a +49% bonus, I grinded up a KHII Black Coat Riku that had a Paralysis on him.

I got bored about halfway through so I decided to fuse the Paralysis into my Pain & Panic at level 5, which only has a 55% chance of succeeding.

And...!
It worked! Thank goodness. Now it's just a battle of attrition against the RNG for the challenge. I have my Paralysis, I have my healing, and I have my Poison. I just need the correct procs to happen and I'm set!

I'm never fusing skills under max level again. That was super stressful and I only did so because I was pressed for time.

Boogiepop

...well, that sucks. No story update means I don't get a chance to draw a 10 from this epic medal carnival. Man, they REALLY need to give us at least one of the better jewel things Japan apparently has (IE either double our log-in bonus or make the daily jewel event constant), because we get jewels waaaaaay too slow. Especially if they're no longer even giving us the biweekly story updates.

And man, I don't know if I should be happy or mad that the money propazition in this game is terrible. Like, it should be $5 max for enough jewels for a 10 draw if they want people to do it, not $15 (I realize it does the weekly unlock too (which should also be a full 7 days no matter what, not just until the end of the week). It's a terrible value, since it means you could spend $15 and easily get useless crap back, and I honestly have to imagine placing it at that price point must be losing more money than it gains them. But oh well. I probably would've spent $5 by now if that's what it was, but I guess this way it's at least saving me money.

What was the update for if not for more story missions?

New medals and new events replacing the Alice/High Score ones.

BTW I agree that this game would probably make more money if Jewels were cheaper, they are extremely expensive. But then again they have the data on whales ect so they probably know better, but I feel if you could get a huge amount of people to drop 5€/$ every month or so it would pay off but at this point you don't get shit without the 15€ package and even that is discounted.

Famassu

New medals and new events replacing the Alice/High Score ones.
Oh, ok. Would like to have more story missions for some jewels but some special events could give us more str buff, skill and/or other useful medals.

And yeah. Publishers should really stop relying on whales so much. Make the quest unlock 15$ if you want, but give us much cheaper jewels. It's completely ridiculous that the most expensive pack (100€?) doesn't even give you 5 10 medal pulls.

c-murph

Got enough jewels and did that pull. Wanted Deepthroat Axel but didn't get him.

ak27J5i.png

Ended up with another Hag.

Although, Diz is a plus since I was just thinking I didn't have a Power based Strength Raising medal after getting Judy&Nick / Kairi medals.

Next time I hope I can score that last Black Coat Riku I need for a guilt.

Top Bottom