• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

So I just did my +49% bonus run for the high score challenge and only scored 510k. What gives? =|

Sounds pretty great to me. My high score with 49% is 434k killing everything. Then again I'm still not entirely sure how to maximize it all outside of letting enemies heal themselves.

Sounds pretty great to me. My high score with 49% is 434k killing everything. Then again I'm still not entirely sure how to maximize it all outside of letting enemies heal themselves.

It's not enough to break into the top 1000. I guess I need to let the Morning Stars heal.

...Probably will only let the level 150 one do that, though. It's basically suicidal otherwise.

I have no idea how you're getting only 434k with a +49% bonus, though. I had a +42% bonus run earlier and easily shot past that.

Boogiepop

...since I couldn't afford a 10 draw this cycle, I figured I'd at least squeeze in a daily, since that won't stop me from affording a 10 next time around. Valor Form Sora, KH Sora A, and Tifa. Yup, that sounds about right. Ugh, though, the game REALLY doesn't want to cut me a break and give me decent medals ever, outside of when it was forced to show some mild pity in the 10 draws in the past.

Got 524k the second go-around, allowing the level 150 Morning Star to heal.

This put me at 915th place. I'll check again in a few hours to see if I need to let the level 180 Morning Star heal as well for more points. I didn't want to take a chance with him because if he landed a critical hit he would have killed me, so I just Zexioned him.

Heartless landing critical hits is the most BS thing ever.

Seriously, if I can get two Attack Boost II Max skills it'll be a huge boon to me. No more relying on RNG to make my Black Coat King Mickey destroy everything. It'll save me soooooo much time and effort in the Colosseum and such.

Psxphile

JP KHUX getting that 0 AP cost thing again and a whole bunch of events to go with it. And bathing suit/bikini avatar boards. Jealous.

Hmm, no story update today? No wonder they gave us so many events.

...well, that sucks. No story update means I don't get a chance to draw a 10 from this epic medal carnival.

What was the update for if not for more story missions?

New medals and new events replacing the Alice/High Score ones.

Uh, how do we know this? I don't see anything on the twiitters.

Story updates always hit on Fridays. The "update" we got this morning is just for the purpose of preloading data for tomorrow's launch. At least that's how it's supposed to work.

Uh, how do we know this? I don't see anything on the twiitters.

Story updates always hit on Fridays. The "update" we got this morning is just for the purpose of preloading data for tomorrow's launch. At least that's how it's supposed to work.
Last story update was the 14th, a Thursday. As far as I know they've never been on Friday, only Thursdays. The carnivals/deals update on Friday

Psxphile

How do you spend a whole day grinding? I do the quest 4 times and I'm basically out of AP for the day.

How do you not? Usually by Thursdays I've either completed whatever events were made available or unable to make anymore progress in others (High Score, Coliseum, Adamantite quests). So I'm either grinding for munny or leveling/guilting medals. And with 162 AP to burn every 7 hours I feel obligated some days to use it towards something (though not always).

Ilvocare

the fact that someone in my party was nice enough to share their Lexaeus is super rad for helping me get just a bit more score in the challenge

but the game has managed to crash literally 8 times on me during the event TODAY. Always during special attacks and screen transfers. I'm finding myself literally unable to complete the quest to the best of my ability due to technical limitations and that fucking SUCKS.

And the worst part is that even with all that I'm probably not gonna have enough score to crack the 5k mark...

also

Banned
Ugh, I have had some awful luck when guilting medals
Shadow (40-100%): 49%
Nick&Judi (20-50%) 24%
KH II King Mickey (20-50%): 22%

The worst is that you can't even reroll event medals without using the fabled Mickey&Broom.

Boogiepop

Nice, I traded out my Queen that was giving me 7% for one that wouldn't but has paralysis, and that allowed me to take down everything on the map. So that shot me up to like 2100th place, so that places me pretty firmly in that prize range. Sucks that I came up like 6000 points short of getting that last Attack II Scrooge, but oh well, I still managed to do better than expected.

Edit: Should be obvious probably, but this is in regards to the current High Score Challenge.

Posted by Schadenfreude
;__;

Salandit is also laughing at you.

I worked on story quests all week to get enough jewels for a 10 pull to get Roxas and instead I got 3 Abus, Larxene, yet another Demyx, yet another KH Cloud, yet another The Queen, yet another Bambi, yet another KH 2 Cloud, and a Paine. You have nothing to be jealous about.

Psxphile

but the game has managed to crash literally 8 times on me during the event TODAY. Always during special attacks and screen transfers. I'm finding myself literally unable to complete the quest to the best of my ability due to technical limitations and that fucking SUCKS.
Same (still) happens to me and I've complained about this before. What are you playing on?

What sites keep track of all the JPN updates for the game?

I follow KHInsider's twitter. They cover all three versions and update on the regular.

CRS

Wasn't really compelled to do the High Score event since I only have a couple of the Bonus% medals but I decided to give it a shot before it ended tonight.

Got 412,923 with a 14% bonus, one of mine and a friend. Sucks that I could have gotten a few more reward tiers if I had an Epic or someone in my party did.

Speaking of, party is close to dying, any Unicornis GAF group have an extra slot open? Let me know so I can leave this one.

Famassu

She's alright.
She's quite the beast of a medal against a single target with max Chips & Attack Boost II, even without any pips, let alone guilting her. I hope we get some event near KH2.8's release or maybe during TGS that let's us get enough duplicates to guilt her, preferably without needing to have spent hundreds of dollars on the game.

Man, I really wanted to guilt the playing card and the Queen of Hearts but it looks like i'll only have time to do the Queen. Damn them for releasing the Roxas event in the second week of the Queen of Hearts event. Also damn them for making the Queen so hard to evolve.

CRS

She's quite the beast of a medal against a single target with max Chips & Attack Boost II, even without any pips, let alone guilting her. I hope we get some event near KH2.8's release or maybe during TGS that let's us get enough duplicates to guilt her, preferably without needing to have spent hundreds of dollars on the game.

So is it worth it to give her some Chip's? I have some that I need to start using and since my only Premium is already maxed, not sure who else to give it to.

Malyse

Ye gods, JP occasionally just goes, "Fuck it, let's got nuts".

3 medals, 900 jewels, all 6*. Most with at least one or two dots, and at least one with a skill. Like, what?

Famassu

Also damn them for making the Queen so hard to evolve.
Hmm? She was extremely easy to evolve. You could just grind seven 4* Queens from the missions, meld a few of them together without any need of leveling up to get max 4* pips, then you just need to evolve three Queens to 5*. So all in all you need six 4* playing cards that you can get straight from quests & don't need to level up at all to evolve 3 Queens into 5* medals and then you need to evolve four playing cards into 5* medals to use to evolving two 5* Queens into 6* medals.

So is it worth it to give her some Chip's? I have some that I need to start using and since my only Premium is already maxed, not sure who else to give it to.
Yeah, I'd say it's worth it, especially considering her special attack only costs 1 gauge. I can't imagine I'll ever leave her out of my Three Wishes keyblade except maybe special situations (i.e. I need all AOE medals). Currently she can do nine hits that do 3100-3200 damage when Attack Boost II activates and she still has a little bit more juice in her (str boost is +950).

Falk

that puzzling face
Man, I really wanted to guilt the playing card and the Queen of Hearts but it looks like i'll only have time to do the Queen. Damn them for releasing the Roxas event in the second week of the Queen of Hearts event. Also damn them for making the Queen so hard to evolve.

It takes like two runs of the hardest difficulty to get 7 playing cards extra to combine at your leisure down the line. That's what I'm doing.

(I also have 150 medal slots because I'm OCD packrat on legs)

CRS

Yeah, I have two 5* Queens, 1 with 3 dots and 1 with 2 dots. Just waiting to level up some Card Soldiers to 5* to level up the Queen. And I have more than enough Card Soldiers to guilt on top of a few extra to re-guilt my Card Soldier and maybe my Queen if necessary.

Yeah, I'd say it's worth it, especially considering her special attack only costs 1 gauge. I can't imagine I'll ever leave her out of my Three Wishes keyblade except maybe special situations (i.e. I need all AOE medals). Currently she can do nine hits that do 3100-3200 damage when Attack Boost II activates and she still has a little bit more juice in her (str boost is +950).

Thanks.

Psxphile

After my successful but low-scoring High-Score Event run this morning I decided to try one more time, only now I wasn't going to let that Lv.200 & 180 heartless scare me off. I managed to kill both and clear the whole map, resulting in just a little over 410,000 points w/ a Starlight @ 28% bonus. Just clearing the stage is a feat since it usually just crashes in the middle of a run. Feels good.

ZhDADCT.jpg

heavybreathing.gif

Famassu

Lol. Decided to give one more try of the high score event, wanting to try some of these high level enemies. Could hardly do a dent to the lvl 200 heartless tank before it kills me, despite healing and having defense boost activate once. Yeah, I'll just be satisfied with my 230k score. -_-

You guys have no idea how relieved I am at this. I sacrificed so many medals (DiZ, KHII Aerith, Hercules) to provide the skills I needed to beat the Morning Stars.

My winning run had me actually unintentionally regenerate the level 200 Morning Star. I still can't believe I won that; my original plan was to just let the level 180 and level 150 Morning Stars regenerate. What ended up happening is that the level 180 one didn't, but the level 150 one did just before my next attack would've finished it off. Since the threshold was so thin here, my original plan would have actually failed. Me beating the level 200 Morning Star after it healed is nothing short of a miracle.

I'm just so glad that all the time I put into this (7 hours) did not go to waste.

Oh, and anyone who doesn't have a Black Coat King Mickey should get one from this deal. Like, now.

Tirod

Just popping in to say that this week's banner, while not as good as the previous Black Coat Mickey banner (where you got one guaranteed with Attack Boost II), is pretty good if you don't have him guilted yet.

A 100% guilted Mickey takes you places, like carrying you through Coliseum and the Adamantite quests.

Not gonna participate this week since I've got mine, just throwing in my perspective.

CRS

Oh wow, I didn't even expect to be in the Rankings for the Attack Boost II Max, but I was. Pleasantly surprised.

Also, Lux plus isn't that great right? Just for the whales who already try to get top 5 weekly rank? Don't think these outfits are any interesting.

Illustrated Cid is good, yah? Isn't he, like, a tier 10 or 9.5 power medal?
He's the Power equivalent to Yuffie (and eventually, Aerith for Magic). All of them can deal big damage for 1 bar with a good % boost (all are medium, so 50% max).

I am F2P and just hit 3000. I am unsure if I should go for Cid (can't get a Special Attack Bonus on him with only one board), a Black Coat King Mickey banner pull (I don't have him at all and way down the line he'd be amazing once Brooms release) or keep saving for later (those deals Japan keeps getting look so damn good).

Razmos

I'd highly recommended getting Black Coat Mickey if you don't have it. It has served me very well since I got it, especially for the starlight adamantite challenges and the colosseum

He's the Power equivalent to Yuffie (and eventually, Aerith for Magic). All of them can deal big damage for 1 bar with a good % boost (all are medium, so 50% max).

I am F2P and just hit 3000. I am unsure if I should go for Cid (can't get a Special Attack Bonus on him with only one board), a Black Coat King Mickey banner pull (I don't have him at all and way down the line he'd be amazing once Brooms release) or keep saving for later (those deals Japan keeps getting look so damn good).

Black Coat Mickey is basically mandatory at this point. He's probably the most versatile attack medal we have and is better than some premium medals in how useful he is.

Trust me, you're gonna want him in your party to tackle the Colosseum and Adamantite quests.

I wouldn't recommend getting Illustrated Cid unless you are willing to guilt him. That said, I can see him being useful in getting the final Judy & Nick medal for the Zootopia event.

alittlelove

Neo Member
Square Enix support turnaround time was a lot faster than I thought they would be. My tablet killed itself about two days ago and I lost my data, and it only took a day and a half to get it recovered (just in time for the last two hours of high score event).

Ended up at rank 1068 - it hurts being so close :(, but that's what I get for leaving it last minute.

BC Mickey should be the default choice for Attack Boost II Max, yeah? I can't think of another medal that would be useful in more situations.

98% trigger rate on Attack Boost II Max at level 1... lol.

I may just end up splurging to get my Black Coat Mickey guilted. It'll save me so much heartache in the future. I really can't see this guy getting outclassed at any point in this game's lifespan.

And yeah, if you have an Attack Boost II Max and a Black Coat Mickey on hand, use it on him, even if you have to overwrite an Attack Boost II on him.

Top Bottom