• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Voras

I got a 6* Bambi and 6* Pence both with 3 pips and a 4* Pence with 2 pips out of the current 3000 jewel pack. Life is cruel.

k1t4j

I just downloaded this on iOS, seems pretty decent game. I have been running with the issue of in between downloads i keep getting an error message along the line "connection lost, check you wifi." constantly and after dismissing the error the gam either crashes or actually goes to the mission.

I play everything else just fine, anyone has any ideas?

Sölf

So, sice I need more cost medals I just bought one of the 1500 jewel boards. I still have 3 of those and a 1000 board. I will probably buy those before I buy new cards. Then I can at least start upgrading more of my medals to 6*.

Famassu

Sölf;210327396 said:
So, sice I need more cost medals I just bought one of the 1500 jewel boards. I still have 3 of those and a 1000 board. I will probably buy those before I buy new cards. Then I can at least start upgrading more of my medals to 6*.
Yeah, that's probably the wisest thing to do. At some point it won't matter if you get a 100 fucking Sephiroths if you can't have more than 2 or 3 6* medals, considering how big of an improvement 6*ing and then maxing a medal can be even without guilting. Currently I'm in a situation where I have several medals waiting for the chance to be evolved to 6* status, great(ish) medals that are somewhat wasted as 5* medals.

I'm at 162 Cost. 10 more from avatar boards (one 1500 lady-Sora board and two 1000 jewel avatar boards still to get), then 8 from just level ups, level ups, level ups and the avatar boards they unlock (currently at lvl 172 and got two more avatar boards with the last level up).

Sölf

I am at 147 at the moment. I just upgraded my musketeer mickey, because even if not guilted, it was basically my only one I could upgrade so I didn't screw over any of my other keyblades. The struggle is real.

At least I managed to beat the first Starlight and Olympia mission. I may also be able to beat the second Olympia mission if everything works out perfectly. Well, doesn't help that I have like 0 AP, it's midnight here and the event ends in 9 hours, so before I wake up. Can probably give it 1 or maybe 2 more goes and then it's over.

Burbeting

Banned
The amount of filler is starting to get on my nerves with this game. I just hit mission 160, and realised that there must have been plot relevance with maybe 5 missions at most, everything else has been filler filler filler. There can only be so many variations of me helping Aladdin, right?

At least the game is designed somewhat well. I tend to level up and recharge all of my AP before I run out of it, unless I do the special events.

Psxphile

Oh my sweet summer child.

Why does this phrase always make me thirsty?

lemonade.jpg

c-murph

The amount of filler is starting to get on my nerves with this game. I just hit mission 160, and realised that there must have been plot relevance with maybe 5 missions at most, everything else has been filler filler filler. There can only be so many variations of me helping Aladdin, right?

At least the game is designed somewhat well. I tend to level up and recharge all of my AP before I run out of it, unless I do the special events.

The whole game is filler for KHIII. They just need to keep it running to get your $15/$20 every week.

Psxphile

I wonder if this has been successful in the west or not. I don't know what crazy expectations SE has for their mobile games.

Monetary-wise? Do they ever release those numbers for mobile apps?

I assume at some point they'll vaguely hint that it's "doing well" but we probably won't get anything concrete, like a ballpark figure.

Malyse

it's sad how badly the NA version is run. JP is constantly running multiple events; right now there are three: a behemoth medal event, a high score TWEWY event, and queen bee avatar part event. Plus the jewel missions are permanent and the login rewards are double. On top of all that, the daily events are much better (you can get all the evo medal on the weekend) and theres just generally more to do. I'm basically playing JP for fun and NA for story; it's honestly a much more polished game

Famassu

it's sad how badly the NA version is run. JP is constantly running multiple events; right now there are three: a behemoth medal event, a high score TWEWY event, and queen bee avatar part event. Plus the jewel missions are permanent and the login rewards are double. On top of all that, the daily events are much better (you can get all the evo medal on the weekend) and theres just generally more to do. I'm basically playing JP for fun and NA for story; it's honestly a much more polished game
Was the JP version like that from the start? The extra jewels would be appreciated, but otherwise I'm not sure if it's all that good of an idea to have fucktons to do within the first few months. A lot of people will just be overwhelmed with everything and not even be able to do most of the content in any kind of satisfactory way, especially since these events don't exactly repeat every month (if ever?). Better to have kind of "end-game" content once more people are at a point they have at least semi-decent medal setups, are caught up to the story and as such have more time (AP) to participate in these extra events while waiting for more story missions. At this point just too much of my AP is still going to trying to improve my medals, 3 concurring special events could just get in the way of that.

Hahah. I know that there is like 200 more filler missions to go, not looking forward to it.

I was involuntarily spoiled of some of the plot beats in this game already :(.
The worst filler ends at around story mission 250-275, you don't quite have to reach the current limit of story missions for the worst crap to end. At that point the Disney worlds start to have a story that is at least a bit more than just "I think I saw Heartless here, let's go destroy them! Now they are over here, let's go there now! Hey, there are some Heartless over here too!" It's nothing too amazing, but it makes the story missions at least a little less boring.

Also, repeating the question from earlier. Where does one contact Square Enix (Europe) to ask to recover an KHUX account lost to the recent updates Bluestack-fuckery?

So to guilt the Queen I need the playing cards, right? Do I have to evolve the playing cards or can I farm the already evolved versions from the missions themselves?

also

Banned
Any tips on the Bag O' Jewels fights in the coliseum?
Buy a few Pack O' Jewels.

Also, repeating the question from earlier. Where does one contact Square Enix (Europe) to ask to recover an KHUX account lost to the recent updates Bluestack-fuckery?

http://support.eu.square-enix.com/index.php
It then redirects to the NA support site but it should be fine since both versions are the same. I'm not sure she can get it back without her ID, though.

So to guilt the Queen I need the playing cards, right? Do I have to evolve the playing cards or can I farm the already evolved versions from the missions themselves?

3* and 4* Cards can be farmed, for 5* you will need to evolve. You can get 4* Queens so you might not even need 3* Cards.

Famassu

At least the hardest mission can give 3* & 4* Playing Cards, which significantly cuts down time & effort needed to grinding them. You basically just need to level up a few 4* Playing Cards into 5* ones to be able to evolve two Queen 5* medals (one with 2 pips, one with 3) into 6* medals (you only need two 5* playing cards to evolve one 5* Queen from 5 to 6), of course a few more if you want to guilt the playing cards themselves as well.

Buy a few Pack O' Jewels.

http://support.eu.square-enix.com/index.php
It then redirects to the NA support site but it should be fine since both versions are the same. I'm not sure she can get it back without her ID, though.
Yeah, I'm afraid that they might not be able to do anything without her ID, but on the other hand you'd imagine they can check up her ID if she can give other accurate info (like her username and party name, google account info etc.).

Can you see who are in a party without being in that party?

3* and 4* Cards can be farmed, for 5* you will need to evolve. You can get 4* Queens so you might not even need 3* Cards.
Can you really get more of the 4* Queens other than the quest rewards ones?

At least the hardest mission can give 3* & 4* Playing Cards, which significantly cuts down time & effort needed to grinding them. You basically just need to level up a few 4* Playing Cards into 5* ones to be able to evolve two Queen 5* medals (one with 2 pips, one with 3) into 6* medals (you only need two 5* playing cards to evolve one 5* Queen from 5 to 6), of course a few more if you want to guilt the playing cards themselves as well.
Oh shit I didn't think about guilting the cards. Now I'm excited.

Famassu

Apparently yes, but they are not necessarily super common drops so you might have to repeat the hardest quest a few times. Easier to just upgrade the 3* medals into 4* ones, imho, at least for the first guilting.

Yeah, though if I remember right, someone here said both medals have a low max guilt (25%?), so it's nothing super-amazing. I think they might be in the realm of "good but not quite great" medals around tier 8 or so, so good if you are hurting for some decently powerful power medals, but Queen's 4 gauge special attack cost is kind of a bummer.

also

Banned
Yeah, I'm afraid that they might not be able to do anything without her ID, but on the other hand you'd imagine they can check up her ID if she can give other accurate info (like her username and party name, google account info etc.).

Can you see who are in a party without being in that party?
If she bought any jewels, she should be fine but otherwise I'm not sure. Fingers crossed.
I tried and couldn't find a way.

That's what the notice says but it wouldn't be the 1st time it's wrong...
I don't think I remember getting any but maybe it's just bad luck.

Skittles

If she bought any jewels, she should be fine but otherwise I'm not sure. Fingers crossed.
I tried and couldn't find a way.

That's what the notice says but it wouldn't be the 1st time it's wrong...
I don't think I remember getting any but maybe it's just bad luck.
was she in a party?

Famassu

Could join the same party and grab her ID
She's in Unicornis, I'm in Vulpes and I think she was the admin of the (small) party (all of whom played on Bluestack, none of which bothered saving their accounts on facebook, some don't even have a facebook account...) with manual acceptance. So... yeah.

Skittles

the new adamintite quests.... haha nope, i cant even beat either them without someone with defense boost and heals. gonna be a a couple months before i can grab that adamintite. doesn't really bother me since upgrading keyblades past 22 won't be needed for a long time

Tirod

Thanks to a stockpile of Chips I've been building up the past 2 weeks, I was finally able to knock down Cerberus.

I also threw together a team of AoE medal and hit up Part 3 for Three Wishes and I knocked it out in one go!

Have a gander at the INSANE multipliers on a +23 Three Wishes.

And here were my medal set ups for each challenge (ignore the multipliers in the first shot, I took it after I upgraded my keyblade to +23, I was too excited).

All medals pictured, with the exception of SDG, are guilted. Only Hag and Riku are fully Chip'd, as well as equipped with Attack Boost II. Mickey has some Chips on him (+450) as well as Attack Boost I. My friend medal was a Sora and Pals fully Chip'd with Attack Boost I. I needed alllllllllllllllllllll Procs to go off to kill him.

Only 3 guilted medals were used (Riku, Mickey, Leon). Riku is the only medal fully Chip'd; Mickey is partially Chip'd. Aqua and Riku have Attack Boost II, Mickey has Attack Boost I. My Leon has Attack Boost All I (lol) so the same as nothing. Friend medal was another Aqua that was fully Chip'd and had an Attack Boost II. Much easier and more forgiving than Cerberus. I wouldn't be surprised if players thwart this one first over Cerberus.

Lady Luck Part 3 though...screw that. I currently stand no chance.

also

Banned
I think the game realized that the latest Adamantite quests are ridiculous so it sent me help in the form of 2 friend medals from outside my party; a 90% guilted CoM Riku and a 100% Guilted Darkside. Thanks Gajeel and FLASH, whoever you are.

My setup was

SsyoZPw.png

To win I needed to activate all the skills except Atk Boost II on Hag and S&P. Yes, even CiD's. Otherwise the target monster would be left with just a sliver of health. Really should have kept a 5* Vivi around...

Eky6ZP2.png

It's a good thing I saved up Adamantite because I wouldn't have been able to 1-turn this one without first upgrading to +23. BTW, you should take 17 special gauges into account (15+2) because 2 will refill while you're fighting.

Famassu

God damnit, I screwed up this story mission 400 boss fight -_- I could've killed it if I hadn't accidentally just done a normal attack with a Illustrated Cloud friend medal on my second turn, but a special attack instead. The boss only had a little over 1 bar of health left. ._____.

That said, holy fucking shit how many health bars it has. My medals have come a long way from having trouble killing some 3-4 bar bosses in 3 turns or something, lulz.

Sölf

God damnit, I screwed up this story mission 400 boss fight -_- I could've killed it if I hadn't accidentally just done a normal attack with a Illustrated Cloud friend medal on my second turn, but a special attack instead. The boss only had a little over 1 bar of health left. ._____.

That said, holy fucking shit how many health bars it has. My medals have come a long way from having trouble killing some 3-4 bar bosses in 3 turns or something, lulz.

Well, sounds like I won't beat that thing for a long time then. Then again, god knows when the next story missions actually come, so I probably have quite some time. I am at 366 now.

Famassu

Sölf;210412146 said:
Well, sounds like I won't beat that thing for a long time then. Then again, god knows when the next story missions actually come, so I probably have quite some time. I am at 366 now.
It's probably actually not that hard, I just made it harder for myself by not having any healers or Def Boosts or enemy debuffing medals in my medal setup. :p The Illustrated Cloud that you have access to, too, can be a beast if its Attack Boost II activates (that alone probably destroys somewhere between 3-4 bars of health). Mine did on both turns.

I did beat it on my second try, though it was pretty close I didn't win because one of my own medal's Attack Boost I didn't activate on either turn, which was quite a lot of damage not done to the boss.

Sölf

Well, next up I will level up my Card Soldiers so I can guilt my Queen. Get at least that done. And level a few 4* to 5*, like Minnie, KH2 Black Coat Riku or all of my Selphies, even if she isn't that strong, the only other Magic AoE I have is King Mickey.

Famassu

The mission 400 boss is weak to power medals, so a max-leveled & guilted Queen might help you in your quest to beat it, even if the gauge cost is not optimal for multi-turn battles.

Sölf

Question:
I have a fairly strong Cloud, -10 cost and +900 damage and stuff like that. However, he is already a 6* level 100 medal, even though he has no guilt and none of the yellow dots. As far as I know, I can't feed other Clouds into him because of the max level he got. If I would feed him into another Cloud, would any of the bonus stuff like -10 cost get converted? I highly doubt that, but I am asking anyway. Because if not I will just wait until I get more Clouds from draws until I have enough to get a guilted one.

Sölf;210417006 said:
Question:
I have a fairly strong Cloud, -10 cost and +900 damage and stuff like that. However, he is already a 6* level 100 medal, even though he has no guilt and none of the yellow dots. As far as I know, I can't feed other Clouds into him because of the max level he got. If I would feed him into another Cloud, would any of the bonus stuff like -10 cost get converted? I highly doubt that, but I am asking anyway. Because if not I will just wait until I get more Clouds from draws until I have enough to get a guilted one.

When your medal is max level you can only add Chip/Dale, Cid, Scrooge, or the same exact medal of the same level e.g. 6* KH1 Cloud into a 6* KH1 Cloud, regardless of level, only a pip will be added.
edit: i'm not sure if things carry over, but there should be no need for you to do such a thing.

On an unrelated note, I completed the 3rd adamantite quest for 3 wishes, still can't complete the second. Not even gonna waste the 20 ap to see how far away i am from doing the lady luck one lol, it is by far my worst keyblade

Sölf

When your medal is max level you can only add Chip/Dale, Cid, Scrooge, or the same exact medal of the same level e.g. 6* KH1 Cloud into a 6* KH1 Cloud, regardless of level, only a pip will be added.
edit: i'm not sure if things carry over, but there should be no need for you to do such a thing.

Ah, so I could put a level 1 6* Cloud into a level 100 6* Cloud? Then that works for me, thanks. :0

Malyse

Sölf;210417006 said:
Question:
Chip Dale and Cid will not carry over.

Sölf

Yeah there's no way I'm beating any of the Pt 3 Adamantite Quests anytime soon. Lol

I am happy I at least beat the first one in both now. If I somehow manage to survive thw two High Wizard attacks I may be able to beat the second Lady Luck one, but I probably need a bit more defense for that to be reliable.

That aside, at 373 now. Need only roughly 1k for a level up, so I may do two quests in an hour and then continue.

Avallon

Sölf;210417006 said:
Question:

You can still feed him other Clouds.

Skittles

Thanks, I'll see what I can manage going on that.
Could also try using an olympia build. So your weakest element is neutral.

She's in Unicornis, I'm in Vulpes and I think she was the admin of the (small) party (all of whom played on Bluestack, none of which bothered saving their accounts on facebook, some don't even have a facebook account...) with manual acceptance. So... yeah.
Jeez, that's rough. Why are people so against saving their accounts to FB? Best bet is to email SE and give them her nickname, party, and union.

Sölf

Jeez, that's rough. Why are people so against saving their accounts to FB? Best bet is to email SE and give them her nickname, party, and union.

Well, I for example don't even have a Facebook account and don't plan on using one, because I don't need it.

So, Tuesday. Time to farm all the power medals in order to upgrade my stuff, especially the playing cards. Not sure if I will do anything else today. xD

creid

Sölf;210528531 said:
Well, I for example don't even have a Facebook account and don't plan on using one, because I don't need it.
You're never going to move this game to a different device?

creid

Sölf;210559482 said:
Considering I own this one only for a year now... who knows if I will even play it when I finally buy a new one. xD
Might be worth setting up a FB account with minimal info though, in case the device suddenly dies.

Joqu

Guys, I previously played this on my iPad, but I got myself an iPhone so I linked my account to facebook in order to transfer the save. Did that, worked just fine, great & I didn't want the thing to stay connected to my facebook account so I signed out on my iPhone. Everything was working fine, I played some on my phone and everything

Today I boot it up only to see that my save is gone? No error message, nothing, it asks me whether I want to start a new game or transfer as if it's a fresh install. Checked the game on my iPad because I hadn't gotten around to deleting it on there yet and it's the same there.

Wtf happened? I've got no idea where in the process I went wrong here. How could I even go about recovering my account now? I did spend quite some money on this thing.

Skittles

Guys, I previously played this on my iPad, but I got myself an iPhone so I linked my account to facebook in order to transfer the save. Did that, worked just fine, great & I didn't want the thing to stay connected to my facebook account so I signed out on my iPhone. Everything was working fine, I played some on my phone and everything

Today I boot it up only to see that my save is gone? No error message, nothing, it asks me whether I want to start a new game or transfer as if it's a fresh install. Checked the game on my iPad because I hadn't gotten around to deleting it on there yet and it's the same there.

Wtf happened? I've got no idea where in the process I went wrong here. How could I even go about recovering my account now? I did spend quite some money on this thing.
your account is now linked to your fb account, can't use your save unless you're signed into it

Top Bottom