• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Famassu

So will these Illustrated medal avatar boards ever repeat? Kind of want to get Illustr. Cid since Illustr. Yuffie has served me so well, but finally getting one BC Mickey is tempting as well. I could get one avatar board and one 10 medal pull, but that would leave Cid gimped and a single BC Mickey isn't necessarily all that hot either in general use. A guilted Illustrated Cid could be more useful for me in the short/mid term, getting one BC Mickey is one BC Mickey closer to being able to guilt him one day and that will be a pretty swell medal indeed.

Falk

that puzzling face
If you really, really wanted to you could grab them in their underpowered states and then broom them the rest of the way, but at that point there'd be a dozen other things to broom so it'd be like buying cheap steam sale games and never playing them.

Razmos

oRdeGDV.jpg

Can't wait to finish Chip'ing this thing. Made short work of the Invincible in the Zootopia event

I'd highly recommended getting Black Coat Mickey if you don't have it. It has served me very well since I got it, especially for the starlight adamantite challenges and the colosseum
Ragh, I *might* have enough to get this with the Daily Jewel Challenge back.

WHY DID I WASTE THE JEWELS ON THAT AWFUL ORGANIZATION XIII PULL?!

Boogiepop

Man, I'm at 2030 jewels right now after doing today's daily jewel challenge. I don't have BC Mickey, and it would certainly be nice to have him... but assuming a one week Epic Medal Carnival is next, then even operating under the assumption that we'll get the next set of story quests in that time frame, barring some other burst of Jewel income, I'd come up short of doing a pull then, assuming my calculations are right. I really do need the BC Mickey, buuuut... I still don't have a single premium from the draws, and I feel like that's almost the more pertinent issue. Well, that and the fact that my Speed sucks and needs better stuff.

Bah, like I've said in the past, we REALLY need something to get us a little closer to Japan in terms of Jewel income, as this is getting lame. Also, good lord do I ever need to guilt something decent, as these Magic Mirrors are REALLY starting to clog my inventory. We seriously better get the brooms soon.

creid

Hmm, probably going to end up going for the Illustrated Cids with my ~6000 medals, but another BC Mickey would be really nice.

Sölf

Did todays Daily and I am at 1070 jewels right now. I get 100/100/200 for the next few daily logins. Here is hope I manage to get at least one of the boards. D:

As much as a BC Mickey would be nice, it would completely wipe out all of my jewels for a medal that I could still conceivably get in any other pull. Besides, I have a Xigbar who is a slightly worse version of him. I couldn't pull under the last banner (heck, I'm not even sure I'll be even to do this one!) so I really want to pull for the next. Illustrated Cid is tempting, but there is no way that I'll guilt it so I don't think it's worth 3000 jewels :/

Also, when will we get Mickey & Brooms? It's really ridiculous that they gave us Mirrors before them, I'd really rather not use the mirrors on my low guilted Yuna lol.

From my experience, those two medals are not even close. BC Mickey hits so much harder than Xigbar.

Xigbar has less cost and higher def/atck stats so it's situational. Mickey is better if you need to kill motherfuckers in one turn.

And of course it's different type. If you have a KH2 Kairi Xigbar actually might outdamage Mickey but that adds another 3 gauge cost.

Sadly I don't have either BC Mickey or Xigbar :(

Man, I'm at 2030 jewels right now after doing today's daily jewel challenge. I don't have BC Mickey, and it would certainly be nice to have him... but assuming a one week Epic Medal Carnival is next, then even operating under the assumption that we'll get the next set of story quests in that time frame, barring some other burst of Jewel income, I'd come up short of doing a pull then, assuming my calculations are right. I really do need the BC Mickey, buuuut... I still don't have a single premium from the draws, and I feel like that's almost the more pertinent issue. Well, that and the fact that my Speed sucks and needs better stuff.

Black Coat Mickey is better than most premium medals out for us. I'm being totally serious here.

Also, everyone, do Epic Medal Carnivals increase the chance of getting a premium medal? I thought those are a tier above premium medals and are not part of the guaranteed epic pool for the pull.

Burbeting

Banned
So, does this new BC Mickey deal give BC Mickey 100% sure? Don't want to fall for the same trap as before with Roxas/Axel/Xion, thinking that I would get one of the three for sure...

So, does this new BC Mickey deal give BC Mickey 100% sure? Don't want to fall for the same trap as before with Roxas/Axel/Xion, thinking that I would get one of the three for sure...

Yeah, you can even see his icon along the top of the banner.

Also, you should read more carefully. =P

Ilvocare

Same (still) happens to me and I've complained about this before. What are you playing on?

I follow KHInsider's twitter. They cover all three versions and update on the regular.

Using an Android phone, Samsung Galaxy S3. With a busted headphone jack to boot... I'm gonna upgrade REAL fucking soon...

After my successful but low-scoring High-Score Event run this morning I decided to try one more time, only now I wasn't going to let that Lv.200 & 180 heartless scare me off. I managed to kill both and clear the whole map, resulting in just a little over 410,000 points w/ a Starlight @ 28% bonus. Just clearing the stage is a feat since it usually just crashes in the middle of a run. Feels good.

>only 294,000
>unable to clear again before 3 AM EST using 7% bonus thanks to friends

suffering is ETERNAL

So it's not just me. Not really interested in upgrading though. Thing is, before the 1.1 update it used to crash more frequently so I should probably be grateful.

Nah, still miss Bluestacks.

The 1.1.0 patch has been a tremendous boon to me and my iPhone 4S. Before, my game crashed before almost every mission, usually due to the room I'm loading into being too big. Now it almost never happens.

I would never have been able to complete the either high score challenge because I would need to reboot the game for each attempt, and for Agrabah in particular the game would often crash when transitioning to a desert area.

Oh, and my phone used to heat up like crazy, too. If I didn't have a cover on to insulate the heat, my phone would probably have burned my hand. It was hot enough to use the touchscreen, but the small opening on the back of my phone cover was actually scorching to the touch and probably could have harmed me lol.

Skittles

So it's not just me. Not really interested in upgrading though. Thing is, before the 1.1 update it used to crash more frequently so I should probably be grateful.

Nah, still miss Bluestacks.
damn, an s3? the upgrade in speed and function from an s5 to s7 was already humongous. i can imagine an upgrade from s3 being like going from ps2 to ps4

Psxphile

Is that one-day-only 1000 jewel deal worth it? I want to save up for the 10-pull but was willing to splurge on the 1500 5* deal, and now they're offering 5 medals of varying ranks for 500 less. At first glance seems like a good deal...

xclk07

Is that one-day-only 1000 jewel deal worth it? I want to save up for the 10-pull but was willing to splurge on the 1500 5* deal, and now they're offering 5 medals of varying ranks for 500 less. At first glance seems like a good deal...

Not really unless you have an absolute paucity of medals in a specific color and the 50% guilt medals could boost that color. At this point, if you are further along in the game, only guaranteed epics make sense for pulls now.

Razmos

The guaranteed 5* medal will most likely be a farmable one.

Save your jewels

Psxphile

Not really unless you have an absolute paucity of medals in a specific color and the 50% guilt medals could boost that color. At this point, if you are further along in the game, only guaranteed epics make sense for pulls now.

The guaranteed 5* medal will most likely be a farmable one.

Save your jewels

Well, farmables are a danger no matter the pull.

Could really use that guaranteed BC Mickey, but even with the daily jewels quest I don't think I'll manage to save 3k before the end of the week. I also need better boost medals. I don't even have a Vivi. Namine and Alice are also on my radar.

I'll just wait until I can 10-pull. Must be strong.

CRS

^ new story quests in a couple of days so you'll probably get the 3k if you really want BC Mickey.

Since Premiums have a chance to drop during Dailies, that's your best time to draw jewels. Only downside is you don't get the guaranteed Epic but you do get a better medal per jewel value.

Psxphile

Since Premiums have a chance to drop during Dailies, that's your best time to draw jewels. Only downside is you don't get the guaranteed Epic but you do get a better medal per jewel value.

Yeah, I was doing that just before and during the last Daily Jewel quests but didn't amount to much, AND I had to spend a lot of time getting them up to at least 5* level (yes, even Abu). I might decide to pull a Daily if I find myself w/ 3k jewels but the 10-pull doesn't have a guaranteed medal I might want. Then at least I'll be able to save up another 600 jewels in time for the next 10-pull.

Man, I really hate that I have to choose between 10-pulling or buying one of the premium avatar boards. I don't really care for the clothes, I just want those unique medals, boosts and the extra Cids. Just not enough to pay for them. Heh.

Famassu

Just noticed I'll have my 100th day 500 jewel reward in a couple of days. That'll help with the jewel gathering. Though someone got access to my debit card info somehow and I'm waiting for a new one, so I can't do my monthly 15€ jewel & quest unlock package before all these limited time things end. :S

c-murph

GAF, Limit From Sora or Master Form Sora? I don't know which is better.

Building my Speed Deck and currently have KH II Kairi, Xigbar, Marluxia, Illustrated Yuffie. I also have a couple of The Queen medals...

Falk

that puzzling face
^ new story quests in a couple of days so you'll probably get the 3k if you really want BC Mickey.

Considering the relative worth of pips/guilt I'm still convinced spamming a greater number of medals (e.g. 3-for-2 dailies) to heighten the chances of dupes is the better way to go right now.

As more and more medals get introduced, diluting the pool and reducing the chances of getting a bunch of the same medal, and brooms come into play that may change, of course. But even then you'd probably be using less brooms to finish guilting key medals rather than starting from 0-pip.

GAF, Limit From Sora or Master Form Sora? I don't know which is better.

FWIW I have no idea why Limit Form is ranked so high on tier lists. So-so (above average) stats, a 2-gauge SA that's neither here nor there for burst vs sustained.

FWIW I have no idea why Limit Form is ranked so high on tier lists. So-so (above average) stats, a 2-gauge SA that's neither here nor there for burst vs sustained.

Relatively common so guilting it isn't a total impossibility unlike something like Marluxia, solid multiplier for only 2 cost, no requirements for multiplier. It's just a solid medal.

I only have one though... So, Master Form?

Master Form is better if you use a bunch of specials before it (so you pretty much have to put it in the later slots but sadly the last slot of Lady Luck keyblade is reversed if you have upgraded it that far), Limit Form is not as situational. So up to you.

c-murph

Master Form is better if you use a bunch of specials before it (so you pretty much have to put it in the later slots but sadly the last slot of Lady Luck keyblade is reversed if you have upgraded it that far), Limit Form is not as situational. So up to you.

Ah, awesome. Thanks guys!

Avallon

Does this game strength numbers take guilt into account? Is my 2-pip Master Form Sora (6858) stronger than my 50%-guilt Limit Form Sora (6484)?

No, right?

Falk

that puzzling face
Relatively common so guilting it isn't a total impossibility unlike something like Marluxia, solid multiplier for only 2 cost, no requirements for multiplier. It's just a solid medal.

Yeah, I get that. In fact I'm well on my way to a guilt Black Coat Riku which is the Power analogue.

It still seems ranked way too high on tier lists - 9.5 on one, S on another.

(And I do get that tier lists really are personal observations more than any measure of empirical data - maybe the guy just managed to guilt Limit Form)

Skittles

Does this game strength numbers take guilt into account? Is my 2-pip Master Form Sora (6858) stronger than my 50%-guilt Limit Form Sora (6484)?

No, right?
Guilt doesn't affect strength. Your limit form sora should be heaps more powerful when using a special attack. The formula for calculating total attack is pretty much:
total strength*(special attack multiplier*guilt bonus)
for example let's use KH 3d riku at 6* max level with 10% guilt
6603*(3.91*1.1)=28399.5
Also, keep in mind that medals do 1.4 times more damage to elements they're strong aganist and 0.7 times damage to medals they're weak aganist.
Master form sora will do more damage on regular attacks but will lose to limit form in special attack damage

Yeah, I get that. In fact I'm well on my way to a guilt Black Coat Riku which is the Power analogue.

(And I do get that tier lists really are personal observations more than any measure of empirical data - maybe the guy just managed to guilt Limit Form)
I think most tier lists assume max guilt. Otherwise the musketeers wouldn't be so high.

Shoutout to pug with bc mickey. Allowed me to beat starlight pt 3 for the admantite

No, right?

Not even close.

Limit Form with 50% guilt multiplier is 3.24*1.5= 4,86. So damage ends up being around 31,5k

Master Form with 2 pips has 3.23 multiplier if you use all available specials before it. So damage ends up being around 22k at maximum.

Yeah, it depends a lot on what people want Tier list to represent. For example something like guilted Lexaeus would absolutely destroy BCR but to anyone other than whales or Gladstone Ganders BCR will most likely end up being much better medal for a loooooong time.

Falk

that puzzling face
There's also enemy defense to consider which, when approaching high levels, favors base stats (* keyblade multiplier) over the multipliers of skills/abilities/crit/element.

If I'm not wrong, the formula is something along these lines:

((medal ATK * keyblade multiplier) - enemy defense) * (ability * guilt * skill activation * elemental weakness * crit) * 0.3

That first block is the most important. The higher enemy defense goes, the smaller that number, and it doesn't matter how much the second block multiplies a small number.

Therefore, with the way the game is balanced, going from 7k to 8k base attack from Chip & Dale medals is a far, FAR greater damage boost than it seems at first glance. If an enemy, say some high level Morning Star, has 12k defense, and your medal is in a 1.8 multiplier keyblade slot,

(7000 * 1.8) - 12000 = 600 x skills/abilities/etc

vs

(8000 * 1.8) - 12000 = 2400 x skills/abilities/etc

It's also why the seemingly incremental upgrades to the multipliers actually do a shit ton (and why Olympia at x2++ packs a wallop)

Of course, conversely there are HP sponge bosses with low defense, like the card stack which is more what-you-see-is-what-you-get.

edit:
I think most tier lists assume max guilt. Otherwise the musketeers wouldn't be so high.

Yeah, it depends a lot on what people want Tier list to represent.

No no no no, what I meant is Limit Form generally seems ranked higher than Black Coat Riku which is an identical medal of a different color.

Psxphile

Geez, just barely made it under 2500 ranked in the Coliseum. I need more of a buffer though, because I really want that Second Chance.

Geez, just barely made it under 2500 ranked in the Coliseum. I need more of a buffer though, because I really want that Second Chance.
Looks like I'm not gonna get it sadly. I have no black coat Mickey and I'm stuck in round 32 with the damn multi colour enemies that hit like a truck. Only way for me to win would be rng god giving dem status effects and defense boosts round the clock.

Psxphile

Looks like I'm not gonna get it sadly. I have no black coat Mickey and I'm stuck in round 32 with the damn multi colour enemies that hit like a truck. Only way for me to win would be rng god giving dem status effects and defense boosts round the clock.

I went back in an hour later and noticed I was already kicked past 2500. Managed to continue on to Round 38 where I stopped for the night, securing me somewhere in the 2300s. Hope that's enough tomorrow night.

I'm basically scraping by every round. No BC Mickey. Status effects and luck is the only thing propelling me forward.

There's also enemy defense to consider which, when approaching high levels, favors base stats (* keyblade multiplier) over the multipliers of skills/abilities/crit/element.

If I'm not wrong, the formula is something along these lines:

((medal ATK * keyblade multiplier) - enemy defense) * (ability * guilt * skill activation * elemental weakness * crit) * 0.3

I'm guessing that 0.3 at the end is not constant since there is some variance to how much damage you deal.

Also, can crits happen when doing a special? I don't think I've ever seen it.

Falk

that puzzling face
I'm also missing some stuff like the tap vs swipe (ST vs AOE), but the gist is (<medal>*<keyblade>) - enemy defense is one block all on its own.

Not 100% confident about no crits on special attacks but you're probably right.

Top Bottom