• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

alittlelove

Neo Member
Is anyone near the Coliseum rank 1000 cutoff? Clearing R41 puts me at around 1230. R42 will require a lot of luck for me to clear, so I'm wondering if it's worth the effort to chug through.

Famassu

Mmmh, as much as I'd like Illustr. Cid, I'll probably go with the 10 medal pull with BC Mickey. Will get Mickey and hopefully at least 2-3 other medals worth leveling up & evolving (either duplicates for more pips or some better tier medals that can replace some of my weaker medals). I haven't pulled medals in awhile so I don't have much to do beyond some daily tasks and continuing to 3/3ing all story quests I haven't yet (upto quest 200 with all objectives met).

Psxphile

I've hit a wall in the Judy and Nick quests. I need stronger magic medals but I dont know what to do. Pretty frustrating.

It might suck but just remember that you get most out of that medal without blips or guilt anyway.

Yeah, like most boost medals it's better off as a 5*.

I really want to clear the final missions of the event but I've found myself unable to progress with the medals I have.

Psxphile

That's it.
Round 38.
That's the wall.
I need strong AoE Magic medals and all I've got is Chip/Dale'd Final Form Sora and a guilted Yuna.
Rank 2398.
I hope that's good enough.
Fucking dogs.

EDIT: also had a weird glitch happen where the coliseum music kept going indefinitely.

Ilvocare

I'm looking at all these "walls" and being incredulous because I can't muster the DPS to get past round 20 Cloud. Is this the 4 6* medal check that I've been ignoring until now?

To recount: the defense boost from Judy and Nick's skill seems to be actively ignored by Cloud's attacks, I've seen 1.5k to 1.7k per hit regardless of my tier of defense. Even defense boosting all five of those Omnislash hits is enough to KO me...

Psxphile

I'm looking at all these "walls" and being incredulous because I can't muster the DPS to get past round 20 Cloud. Is this the 4 6* medal check that I've been ignoring until now?

To recount: the defense boost from Judy and Nick's skill seems to be actively ignored by Cloud's attacks, I've seen 1.5k to 1.7k per hit regardless of my tier of defense. Even defense boosting all five of those Omnislash hits is enough to KO me...
I think I remember him being vulnerable to sleep and paralysis. Having him lose turns will keep you alive if your defense isn't going to do it.

Avallon

I hit my coliseum wall -- round 40. Cloud has too much HP and one shots me. Rank 1663, should be enough to get me one Second Chance medal.

So what round should I shoot for if I wanna make it to the top 1000? I'm at round 41 right now (and I can easily clear it and even 1-turn it), but I think my ceiling is round 49. Is round 49 within the top 1000?

Tidd

2368. Beat round 38 yesterday and here I am hoping that it's enough. Good thing is that it didn't change much since yesterday. I lost like 100 places. Most of the last minute grinder should be done by now.

I stopped at round 46 when someone in my party confirmed that reaching round 49 would not place me in the top 1000.

Oh well. I still get a guaranteed Second Chance. Something I'd gladly slap onto my Minnie...

67669801.jpg

also

Banned
I stopped at round 46 when someone in my party confirmed that reaching round 49 would not place me in the top 1000.

Oh well. I still get a guaranteed Second Chance. Something I'd gladly slap onto my Minnie...

67669801.jpg

I'm actually stuck at round 49, and currently ranked 859 but I got there 18 days ago.
Lesson learned, do the Colosseum ASAP.

Psxphile

I'm actually stuck at round 49, and currently ranked 859 but I got there 18 days ago.
Lesson learned, do the Colosseum ASAP.

So someone who made it to Tier 10, Round 40 on the first day will place higher than someone who achieves the same thing later? Yup, sounds like doing the Coliseum as early as possible is the way to go.

Cleared round 39, at 1759th place currently. Before I was at something like 2550, so it seems like you'll have to clear 39 to get in the top 2500 if you aren't already.

Psxphile

Coliseum reset but I missed my chance to see what place I was at. I'm going to to wait until morning to see if I made it.

Weird thing: the previous month's coliseum boards are still there. They're supposed to be removed, right?
EDIT: never mind, restarted the app and now they're gone

Tirod

Managed to complete Olympia Part 3 and Lady Luck Part 4! Black Coat Mickey once again asserts his dominance as the GOAT medal in NA.

Not happy with my Lady Luck clears...I've had to succeed in Parts 3 and 4 with my Olympia. /: I really need better Speed medals.

So I went ahead and did the six pulls I needed to guilt Black Coat Mickey (yes, I know). However, my secondary goal was to get a Minnie. And out of the 6 pulls, I got a guilted Leon Ver. A (the magic one), Alice (!), a bunch of pips, and a crap ton of useless and farmable medals... but no Minnie.

Since I had enough jewels leftover, I decided to do the daily pull, and look at what I found:

y0W1dOI.jpg

;__;

Lnds500

Ιs "KH Kairi" bugged for everyone?

She is supposed to raise strength by 2 tiers for 2 attacks. She only raises it for 1 currently.

Psxphile

Ιs "KH Kairi" bugged for everyone?

She is supposed to raise strength by 2 tiers for 2 attacks. She only raises it for 1 currently.

Do you mean it only goes up by one tier, or it only lasts for one attack?

If the latter, doesn't it work like the Twilight kids' medals? It boosts itself and the following medal only?

Lnds500

Do you mean it only goes up by one tier, or it only lasts for one attack?

If the latter, doesn't it work like the Twilight kids' medals? It boosts itself and the following medal only?

The latter. Really, it boosts itself? I thought it was the next two attacks and Kairi's wasn't included. She's not as powerful as I thought then :(

Famassu

The latter. Really, it boosts itself? I thought it was the next two attacks and Kairi's wasn't included. She's not as powerful as I thought then :(
Kairi is an element specific STR Buff and if I've understood correctly that is an even higher multiplier than getting a Tier 2 Str buff from, say, DiZ + KHII Aeris.

KH1 Kairi is a weird boost medal in a sense that it's one of the rare cases where you really need to 6* it to get the most out of it. Since it's AOE, fairly low cost at 2 (compared to something like KH2 Kairi at 3), good base stats and it gets the buff it's actually a pretty decent damage dealer vs multiple speed enemies in itself with a great guilt too if you ever manage to get that. Since it's relatively spammable it makes a great combo with another AOE medal.

As means for just boosting the next medal it certainly is not very optimal choice unless you have some crazy damage dealer on Olympia I guess.

KH1 Kairi is a weird boost medal in a sense that it's one of the rare cases where you really need to 6* it to get the most out of it. Since it's AOE, fairly low cost at 2 (compared to something like KH2 Kairi at 3), good base stats and it gets the buff it's actually a pretty decent damage dealer vs multiple speed enemies in itself with a great guilt too if you ever manage to get that. Since it's relatively spammable it makes a great combo with another AOE medal.

As means for just boosting the next medal it certainly is not very optimal choice unless you have some crazy damage dealer on Olympia I guess.

?

KH1 Kairi is single-target.

Razmos

Once again, reaching Tier 10 is nowhere near enough to fill in both boards. It seems to be even worse than last month.

c-murph

Ah shit... Didn't know that the Raid Bosses reset every week... I just spent all day grinding levels yesterday for the first time only to discover that Behemoth is back at Lv.1 again... :(

Was trying to get to Level 200 so I could fit five 6* medals into my Keyblades. But i guess it does make sense though.

Ah shit... Didn't know that the Raid Bosses reset every week... I just spent all day grinding levels yesterday for the first time only to discover that Behemoth is back at Lv.1 again... :(

Was trying to get to Level 200 so I could fit five 6* medals into my Keyblades.
They reset every month.

Top Bottom