• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Ilvocare

That fucking sucks, Psx. I'll just carry my L and 6600-esque place...

A-at least I got enough jewels to unlock the final premium board and I've got 180 cost. That means it's only up from here... r-right?

> part 4 adamantite quests
> can't do part 2's
> even with the jewel dailies I probably won't have enough for the next carnival pull

sadness

EDIT: Was thinking about how to optimize medals. I figure I should give Cids to medals that I would use on multiple keyblades first (after boosting my highest damage-dealing ones). I've maxed out BC Mickey save for pips. I figured I'd be good to 6* Minnie next, since she has 3 pips and I can't feed her anymore Dales to pump up her defense. Is this a good idea or should I reconsider?

xclk07

Once again, reaching Tier 10 is nowhere near enough to fill in both boards. It seems to be even worse than last month.

No- it's the same. Have to complete lvl 30 tier 10 to unlock everything and lvl 90 tier 10 to unlock the FIRST medal on the bonus board.

I don't even understand the purpose of the bonus board- maybe 300 people can unlock the first medal.

c-murph

Ahhhhhhhhh, Can't beat the last Tier Boss for some reason and I can't get the last Judy & Nick medal either. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh.

alittlelove

Neo Member
EDIT: Was thinking about how to optimize medals. I figure I should give Cids to medals that I would use on multiple keyblades first (after boosting my highest damage-dealing ones). I've maxed out BC Mickey save for pips. I figured I'd be good to 6* Minnie next, since she has 3 pips and I can't feed her anymore Dales to pump up her defense. Is this a good idea or should I reconsider?

What are your other options? Minnie wouldn't be my first choice, since what she does isn't being held back by whether or not she's 6*.

Skittles

That fucking sucks, Psx. I'll just carry my L and 6600-esque place...

A-at least I got enough jewels to unlock the final premium board and I've got 180 cost. That means it's only up from here... r-right?

> part 4 adamantite quests
> can't do part 2's
> even with the jewel dailies I probably won't have enough for the next carnival pull

sadness

Nah, don't 6* her. Just throw a DBII on her instead(if you have one, DBI works good too). Works out better and it's transferable later on if you pull a pooh

Sölf

Ahhhhhhhhh, Can't beat the last Tier Boss for some reason and I can't get the last Judy & Nick medal either. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I am at round 14 with the Judy & Nick thing and already missed 2 medals. I will get another 3 or 4 yellow dot medal. Like Yuffie. >_>

xclk07

Nah, don't 6* her. Just throw a DBII on her instead(if you have one, DBI works good too). Works out better and it's transferable later on if you pull a pooh

Pooh does NOT give the same amount of healing... not even close. Minnie is still very needed in some situations

Pooh does NOT give the same amount of healing... not even close. Minnie is still very needed in some situations

Yeah, Pooh should be giving the same amount as Daisy or Tinkerbell. Minnie is currently the only medal with Curaga.

So, who would be a good medal to give Second Chance to? I was thinking Minnie, but now I'm not so sure if that or a Defense Boost II would be better.

Yeah, Pooh should be giving the same amount as Daisy or Tinkerbell. Minnie is currently the only medal with Curaga.

So, who would be a good medal to give Second Chance to? I was thinking Minnie, but now I'm not so sure if that or a Defense Boost II would be better.

I personally ended up giving it to Minnie and adding defense boosts to boost medals.

Famassu

No- it's the same. Have to complete lvl 30 tier 10 to unlock everything and lvl 90 tier 10 to unlock the FIRST medal on the bonus board.

I don't even understand the purpose of the bonus board- maybe 300 people can unlock the first medal.
People seem to have to choose between unlocking both avatar boards fully or getting only one + then spending the rest on the extra board. I mean, the reward for reaching tier 10 is 600 points, which is also the cost of the first node in the extra board. Not sure who'd want to do that, but that seems to be the intent behind the whole thing.

Psxphile

I gave Minnie my Attack Prize Plus.

Not sure if that was the best choice in hindsight.

It might've been better off on an AoE medal that strikes multiple times, like Saix. Someone mentioned getting lots of bar replenished after using it on Raid bosses. I guess it depends how it procs: is it passive like Defense boost (activates by chance whenever) or aggressive like Attack Boost (activates by chance for the medal it's attached to). I assume it's the latter.

Falk

that puzzling face
It's the latter. I actually wonder if it gives more lux when it procs for e.g. 6*lv1 wakka stage 57 farming.

edit: woe is anyone who uses one of those on a throwaway grinding medal ehehehehehe

It's the latter. I actually wonder if it gives more lux when it procs for e.g. 6*lv1 wakka stage 57 farming.

edit: woe is anyone who uses one of those on a throwaway grinding medal ehehehehehe

Maybe I should put a Lux Plus on both of my Wakka medals for stage 57? I honestly can't think of any other place to put them, since I'd like actual helpful skills for my other medals.

EDIT: Oh, right. The problem with that is that I'll be leveling them up by using a Scrooge on them. Welp, time to farm two more Wakkas.

Falk

that puzzling face
Maybe I should put a Lux Plus on both of my Wakka medals for stage 57? I honestly can't think of any other place to put them, since I'd like actual helpful skills for my other medals.

EDIT: Oh, right. The problem with that is that I'll be leveling them up by using a Scrooge on them. Welp, time to farm two more Wakkas.

I'm finding the extra gauge useful in things like colosseum.

It also completely dominates for sustained damage in gimmick encounters that give you a lot more SA gauge, like the giant enemy crab event from a while back.

It also completely dominates for sustained damage in gimmick encounters that give you a lot more SA gauge, like the giant enemy crab event from a while back.

Sorry, I think we got our skills mixed up lol. I'm talking about Lux Plus, you're talking about Attack Prize Plus. It was just that your comment on using a skill on a "throwaway grinding medal" gave me an idea to use my Lux Plus skills on Wakka to help with farming mission 57.

Awesome... I rerolled my Wisdom Form Sora from 26 guilt to 27!

-_-;
At least you have a guilted Wisdom Sora. The only 2nd tier guilt medal I have is Nick/Judy and that did get 42%, lord knows when I get a more important medal I'll get the min lol. But it does suck to get barely get more than the max of tier 1 guilt :(

I could really use the extra gauge of the third Olympia quest, my medals are theoretically strong enough but by the time I got to the last mob I don't have nearly enough gauge left :(

Falk

that puzzling face
Sorry, I think we got our skills mixed up lol. I'm talking about Lux Plus, you're talking about Attack Prize Plus. It was just that your comment on using a skill on a "throwaway grinding medal" gave me an idea to use my Lux Plus skills on Wakka to help with farming mission 57.

Oh right, derp. Yeah, not sure where else you'd put a Lux Plus except for pure-grinding medals.

CRS

69y8IGC.jpg

Not pictured: The Queen 5🌟 with One Dot.

Speed medals are severely lacking. Have a couple Attack Boost I and II. Any medal worth an Attack Boost II? Master Form has 4 Pips so I'm thinking about giving a II to it. Would Limit Form be worth it? Or just a I?

Famassu

Is that Yuffie guilted? If so, I'd give an Attack Boost II to her. She's a beast. I only have +450 Str on her, but with a 49% guilt & Attack Boost II (+ Tier 1 Str buff) she can destroy almost 2 health bars with a single strike on some of these higher level enemies. I imagine once I get her to +1000 Str she'll go well over 2 health bars.

Edit: just now did 39k damage with her. :3

Well my ten pull was as expected, trash. I'm happy to have Black Coat Mickey and I did get KH1 Cloud, so not a complete bust, but the other eight were not even useful for pips. Duplicates of Vivi, Bambi, Beast, and a couple of farmables. Yeah, that makes me want to open up the ol' wallet. It's becoming less appealing to even just get daily bonuses at this point. I guess I'll hold out until Brooms appears, but I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that those will be largely gated behind needing already maxed medals, so.

Boogiepop

Oh boy! My 10 pull with guaranteed Black Coat Mickey was... The Mickey, 2 KHII Yuffie, a Tifa, 2 Mulans, a Bambi, a Wakka, and then dots for my Limit Form Sora and the Auron I don't use any more.

Welp, that could've gone better. Here's hoping I can miraculously manage to recover jewels enough to do an Epic Carnival pull, but that's going to need some form of unexpected boost to my jewels...

Edit: Attack Boost II Max on this Mickey, or save it for something better?

Boogiepop

If you're going to count on this medal for coliseum, etc., yeah, there's no other choice other than Attack Boost II.
I mean, it's definitely getting an Attack Boost II, but would it be "wasteful" to use my 1 Max on it, and should I save it for when I finally get a premium or something?

I mean, it's definitely getting an Attack Boost II, but would it be "wasteful" to use my 1 Max on it, and should I save it for when I finally get a premium or something?

No, use a Max on it. You'll be using Mickey pretty much everywhere and you'll want to eliminate relying on RNG to deal heavy damage.

Razmos

Can't beat Tier 10 Round 30 of the colosseum. Wretched Witch is just too difficult. Either it heals too much or the Poison kills me too quickly

Psxphile

Can't beat Tier 10 Round 30 of the colosseum. Wretched Witch is just too difficult. Either it heals too much or the Poison kills me too quickly

Wait until you get to Round 20.

She's vulnerable to Paralysis and Sleep (Poison never proc'd for me). And her poison is exactly why you should have a Snow White medal on hand.

Wait until you get to Round 20.

She's vulnerable to Paralysis and Sleep (Poison never proc'd for me). And her poison is exactly why you should have a Snow White medal on hand.

Enemies who can inflict you with a certain status are immune to that status, I've come to learn.

You can't poison Neoshadows or paralyze Gargoyles, for example.

Boogiepop

What's the best place to farm out Fantasia Mickey during the week. Made the mistake of not grabbing some for the Black Coat Mickey, and now I'm moderately stuck. Doing 323 right now because it at least comes from the boss there, but the rate isn't great and I still need two more. Any suggestions for better places to do it?

RalchAC

What's the best place to farm out Fantasia Mickey during the week. Made the mistake of not grabbing some for the Black Coat Mickey, and now I'm moderately stuck. Doing 323 right now because it at least comes from the boss there, but the rate isn't great and I still need two more. Any suggestions for better places to do it?

I think the best stage is 270, since there is a King Pretender there and those usually drop Fantasia Mickeys.

Psxphile

I think the best stage is 270, since there is a King Pretender there and those usually drop Fantasia Mickeys.

Can confirm. Also the regular pretenders that litter the stage have a chance of dropping Fairy Godmothers. Just know that you're up against two different RNGs:

1) chance of heartless dropping anything at all
2) chance of it being Mickey and not, say, a Munny medal or Mythril Crystal.

You might have to redo the stage many, many times.

Boogiepop

Can confirm. Also the regular pretenders that litter the stage have a chance of dropping Fairy Godmothers. Just know that you're up against two different RNGs:

1) chance of heartless dropping anything at all
2) chance of it being Mickey and not, say, a Munny medal or Mythril Crystal.

You might have to redo the stage many, many times.
Awesome, thanks guys! This worked much quicker than what I was doing, and did indeed let me Fairy Godmother up one of the medals I had that needed it (1 of the 4 level 3 cards (3 with dots) that I still had waiting around to eventually be guilted. So yeah, need to get on that so they can become a bit less of a clog on my resources).

Now I just need my AP to restore enough to do the quest for the fairy godmothers, and I'll be able to have my Black Coat Mickey up and running a week earlier than expected!

Now if we can just get those damn brooms, so I can have a use for those magic mirrors if nothing else. (It admittedly probably wouldn't be the most efficient use of them since you'd want to use them to "top off" medals that are near 100% guilt, so flexibility is good, but at this point I really wish you could compact them into a 5-fold medal like with the Cids)

alittlelove

Neo Member
Enemies who can inflict you with a certain status are immune to that status, I've come to learn.

You can't poison Neoshadows or paralyze Gargoyles, for example.

Interesting. Looks like R47 and R48 are going to be tough to get through, if we're basically praying for Sleep to hit on first turn.

Famassu

Did the 10 medal pull. BC Mickey, Musketeer Goofy and 6 duplicates (KH Cloud being the most important one, that's up to 3 pips now, half way there). Not all that hot a pull but it will have to do. On the positive side, absolutely zero farmables, at least.

Sölf

So, I plan to buy one of the 3k boards. Are they actually worth it? I could definitly use the Cids, but I am also lackign quite a bit in good medals. Especially speed medals are my bane. So I could also do two 1,5k pulls otherwise. Not sure what to do.

Famassu

Sölf;212357990 said:
So, I plan to buy one of the 3k boards. Are they actually worth it? I could definitly use the Cids, but I am also lackign quite a bit in good medals. Especially speed medals are my bane. So I could also do two 1,5k pulls otherwise. Not sure what to do.
I don't think you'll be disappointed. In addition to getting Illustr. Cid over half-way to guilting, you get several cost-Cids, Chips & such that are really useful and hard to come by otherwise. The only downside is that if you only buy one, you'll pretty much have to spend those upcoming (at some point in the future) Mickey & Brooms medals to guilt the Cid medal if you want to get everything out of it.

creid

I got both 3000 jewel costume boards, guilted my Cid to 22 (out of a possible 20-50). Tried again with another Cid.... 22 again ;.;

Falk

that puzzling face
Sölf;212357990 said:

You know how I was hesitant about getting the Yuffie boards?

Best thing I ever did.

Faiz

You know how I was hesitant about getting the Yuffie boards?

Best thing I ever did.

Yeah, honestly wish I'd done it as well.

I hope I have enough medals for the Illustarted Aerith boards when they come around.

But then I'll get 20% twice and curse the sky.

Top Bottom