• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Falk

that puzzling face
The funny part is, there's a preconception I have where green has great single target and blue has great AOE from early stages of the game where everyone was rocking guilted Stitch and wrecking face with it.

Now Yuffie is still by far the best green single target and I'm having problems scrounging up enough blue AOE to complete some mission reqs.

!!

But yeah, I've got so much red I don't know what to do with it. DiZ, KH Cloud, BC Riku, Lexaeus for single target, Cerberus, BC Mickey, cards for AOE.

No debuffer though, and I need a second DiZ to keep at 5* (my red deck is tricked out 5x 6* cost reduced)

RalchAC

The funny part is, there's a preconception I have where green has great single target and blue has great AOE from early stages of the game where everyone was rocking guilted Stitch and wrecking face with it.

Now Yuffie is still by far the best green single target and I'm having problems scrounging up enough blue AOE to complete some mission reqs.

!!

But yeah, I've got so much red I don't know what to do with it. DiZ, KH Cloud, BC Riku, Lexaeus for single target, Cerberus, BC Mickey, cards for AOE.

No debuffer though, and I need a second DiZ to keep at 5* (my red deck is tricked out 5x 6* cost reduced)

Have you tried using Mew Wow? He has a quite good multiplier. There is Yuna, the infamous Donald that we all hate and Yuffie, all of them farmable.

Unless they have some abysmal stats, they shouldn't be worse than kid Tidus and Goofie A, which have never left my decks since I guilted them.

Boogiepop

Nice, finally forced my way through the stupid second Adamantite quest for Lady Luck, which was my last of those still hanging around because my Speed medals REALLY suck (I actually needed to slot my Hades and Black Coat Mickey into Lady Luck to make it work, which was obviously a little awkward). Now I need to decide if I want to spend it on upgrading Lady Luck immediately, or wait till I get one more and use it on one of the other keyblades to hit +23...

alittlelove

Neo Member
Finally managed the Judy & Nick Invisible:

KH2 Aerith/Vivi/KH3D Riku (AB1)/BC Riku (AB2)/KH Cloud (AB2)/Illustrated Cloud (AB2)

Except this is also suicide - no AOE and two boost medals taking up space makes the rest of the stage really hard :|.

You know how I was hesitant about getting the Yuffie boards?

Best thing I ever did.

Well, it's a little different this time around for Illustrated Cid. Illustrated Yuffie also came with up to two Attack Prize Plus skills, which are very, very handy. Lux Plus, which comes with the Illustrated Cid boards, can't even begin to compare.

Finally managed the Judy & Nick Invisible:

KH2 Aerith/Vivi/KH3D Riku (AB1)/BC Riku (AB2)/KH Cloud (AB2)/Illustrated Cloud (AB2)

Except this is also suicide - no AOE and two boost medals taking up space makes the rest of the stage really hard :|.

I had to use a continue after I 1-turned the Invisible. It's fine, though. It's worth it for the last Judy & Nick medal.

Falk

that puzzling face
Well, it's a little different this time around for Illustrated Cid. Illustrated Yuffie also came with up to two Attack Prize Plus skills, which are very, very handy. Lux Plus, which comes with the Illustrated Cid boards, can't even begin to compare.

Ah, I probably should have selectively quoted the "speed medals are my bane" part. I can't justify pulling 2x Cid avatar board, either.

Did the 10 Medal pull for BC Mickey

Screenshot_2016_08_02_23_27_22.png

They, uh... really want me to guilt Black Coat Riku, huh

Wow at the update in Japan. stacking upgrade medals/daily quests are now permanent for non-paying players/can save loadouts for keyblades, among others. I hope we can get some of those updates soon!
loooooooool we won't ;_;

Psxphile

Wow at the update in Japan. stacking upgrade medals/daily quests are now permanent for non-paying players/can save loadouts for keyblades, among others. I hope we can get some of those updates soon!
loooooooool we won't ;_;

We did before with the 1.1 update (their 1.3), came rather soon-ish.
edit: I mean, in general... we didn't get *all* of the good stuff, but the QoL improvements were appreciated

Multiple upgrade medals will now only take up 1 inventory slot for up to 99 copies (hooray!)
HOLY SHIT GAMECHANGER

We did before with the 1.1 update (their 1.3), came rather soon-ish.
edit: I mean, in general... we didn't get *all* of the good stuff, but the QoL improvements were appreciated

HOLY SHIT GAMECHANGER

We still don't have Mickey and Brooms so I wouldn't put it past them. Additionally I'm sure the first time we'll see them is behind a 5000 jewel avatar board or the 1-20 in a high score event or some nonsense like that lol. But yes, that medal stacking would make me very happy.

I do expect some sort of update for us soon despite my pessimism,

Skittles

These are all huge changes.
When dying or giving up on a quest, ability gauges are restored to whatever you had when you STARTED the quest (cuts down on S/L when AP is not a concern)
This is gonna make farming so much easier
Save 3 loadouts per keyblade, must be at least +20 to unlock
this makes extra inventory space past 200 unneeded
Multiple upgrade medals will now only take up 1 inventory slot for up to 99 copies. Includes ducklings, evo, moogles, possibly more but not scrooges. You won't see the change until you use or sell one first
Gigantic too
KHUX JP twitter also mentioned daily quests being opened to all and new story update as well
Man, the stuff the JP version does to keep players interested is pretty amazing (considering it's been out for like 7 months longer than america, the stuff they do is more extreme). We should get nearly all of that stuff in the next update.

This is kind of worrying though
Certain avatar parts will have a new "luck" parameters attached. Skill luck (more procs), critical hit luck, rare enemy luck, drop luck (not gacha), raid luck, omega raid luck.

Ah, I probably should have selectively quoted the "speed medals are my bane" part. I can't justify pulling 2x Cid avatar board, either.
I justified it pretty easily because of the gauge cost. It does slightly less damage than KH 3d riku yet costs 3 less gauges. This will be important as more end game quests are added and gauge usage becomes stricter (APP's existence is slowly being justified in the US version)

I had to use a continue after I 1-turned the Invisible. It's fine, though. It's worth it for the last Judy & Nick medal.

Somehow it didn't even occur to me that I could just continue, I feel so dumb for resetting and trying again like 50 times. That said, I would have actually pulled it off on one of those, if not for the fact that an Attack Boost II Max didn't proc at a critical moment.

also

Banned
I just hope the next update fixes the (out of region?) jewel purchasing issue, although my wallet has certainly been grateful...

Falk

that puzzling face
Some mad salt in the comments.

It literally is the entitled-little-shit fanbase who constantly feels Square Enix owes them something just for being KH fans.

See: whining about trailers.

edit: Actually went to go read some. That wasn't so bad! You tricked me into being salty about (almost-)nonexistent salt!

Skittles

It literally is the entitled-little-shit fanbase who constantly feels Square Enix owes them something just for being KH fans.

See: whining about trailers.
you should see the youtuber who feels like he should get a pooh because he spent so much. i don't think people realize how good we have it compared to pther gacha games. PAD and monster strike are so much worse with pulls and jewel gain rate.

Falk

that puzzling face
you should see the youtuber who feels like he should get a pooh because he spent so much. i don't think people realize how good we have it compared to pther gacha games. PAD and monster strike are so much worse with pulls and jewel gain rate.

I feel like comparisons to other mobage are still a red herring.

alittlelove

Neo Member

Actually, before the last two epic banners, I actually thought PAD was better than this - the 2x rate banners were more useful than these guaranteed epic out of a list of 100 epics you don't want banners. I like that SE has made improvements recently and actually limited the pool to a reasonable size of desirable things.

also

Banned
Does this month's Coliseum feel easier to anyone else? Last month I got stuck on stage 49 but this time I made it to 61 before calling it quits.

Skittles

Does this month's Coliseum feel easier to anyone else? Last month I got stuck on stage 49 but this time I made it to 61 before calling it quits.
It's because there's nothing nearly as absurd as the bad dogs this time around

So apparently the omega trident tail has a chance to drop cids. I did not know that

Just got a huuuuuge download. We only got 9 new medals (so we're guaranteed 1-3 new premiums, I think), so it looks like we're getting that patch!

Also, did statuses ever have sound effects before when you activate them? I just did a Munny mission and whenever my Paralysis skill activated I heard an electric effect.

also

Banned

So apparently the omega trident tail has a chance to drop cids. I did not know that
Well, the shadows on stages _1 are pretty bad, too. If you can't one turn them, you're in for a world of hurt.

Famassu

Just got a huuuuuge download. We only got 9 new medals (so we're guaranteed 1-3 new premiums, I think), so it looks like we're getting that patch!

Also, did statuses ever have sound effects before when you activate them? I just did a Munny mission and whenever my Paralysis skill activated I heard an electric effect.
Wasn't the download mostly for the new story missions?

And yeah, they added (more noticeable?) sounds for buffs, debuffs and status ailments.

How can one fight omega tridents? Which raid boss is that, again?

RalchAC

Hope we get the QoL improvements from the latest JP patch soon. Being able to store Evolvers, Boosters and Cids sounds incredible. I have so many problems evolving units because of this.

I've had to upgrade my box space to 150 (was at 120) because I missed most of the Wonderland event, so I hoarded all the necessary Queens and Cards in 2 days.

I didn't need to know that.

Oh god here we go D:

I've read that the chance to grab a Cid isn't that good. Like, you get an Omega Raid Boss once every five normal bosses or so. Then you can get a Cid like once every three or four fights.

Not worth it IMO.

But I will try to be your MVP if you try anyway lol.

Psxphile

Looks like [chi] and KHUX JP players finally getting to do something worthwhile with that link thing.

Um... what am I looking at?

The future.
Not sure where the picture's from, but it depicts Mickey & Brooms as coming to international KHUX. Not sure if reliable, though.

Skittles

Looks like [chi] and KHUX JP players finally getting to do something worthwhile with that link thing.

The future.
Not sure where the picture's from, but it depicts Mickey & Brooms as coming to international KHUX. Not sure if reliable, though.
It's reliable. Pug has it on his boards too

The future.

But... we already got the Goofy avatar board...?

Well, this does basically confirm that two of the new medals are Brooms and Magician Mickey Ver. B, at least.

Psxphile

But... we already got the Goofy avatar board...?

Yeah, that graphic wasn't a part of that back then. Sounds like whomever bought that board (meaning it's still view-able on their account instead of disappearing back into the ether) saw the graphic change to this. Which means... something.

Yeah, that graphic wasn't a part of that back then. Sounds like whomever bought that board (meaning it's still view-able on their account instead of disappearing back into the ether) saw the graphic change to this. Which means... something.

The avatar board still being present is not weird (I still have my Illustrated Yuffie boards up, for example), but yeah, everything else about that is.

Psxphile

The avatar board still being present is not weird (I still have my Illustrated Yuffie boards up, for example), but yeah, everything else about that is.

That's what I said. If you bought it, it'll still be there where you can see it. For everyone else, it poofs away.

CRS

Oh wow, the Mickey and Brooms actually is there in the Goofy avatar board icon. What the fuck.

So that means the next outfits are going to have them?

I wonder if they were using it as a template and accidentally pushed it to the Donald board. The Magic icon in the middle is creeping me out too.

Boogiepop

Anyone else currently getting weirdly empty treasure chests? Just had it happen like 5-7 times or so doing that stretch of blue up until you
go back to Agrabah
in the latest quests. Wasn't all of them, but it sure as hell was noticable, and was a pain as that included most of my guage refill chests...

Lnds500

Anyone else currently getting weirdly empty treasure chests? Just had it happen like 5-7 times or so doing that stretch of blue up until you
go back to Agrabah
in the latest quests. Wasn't all of them, but it sure as hell was noticable, and was a pain as that included most of my guage refill chests...

Just got empty chests on my latest quest as well.

Top Bottom