• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

CRS

Don't think so. My guess is they were using an old Avatar Board as a template of sorts.

Or I could be completely wrong and they could offer the boards again with different rewards.

Haven't touched this game for a very long time, but gave it a go today.

Did a 10 medal pull and got some 5 stars:

Green Yuffie with a shuriken
Green Sora in KH clothes
Red Mickey in black cloak

Any of those pretty good?

Primus

New medals coming in tonight's Epic Medal Carnival, according to the banner on Twitter, include Illustrated Riku and Illustrated Sora*. Both are super medals, AoE hits with added Power Atk +2 (Sora) and Speed Atk +2 (Riku).

Also coming, a new High Score Challenge where the big prize is the Roxas/Axel/Xion triplet medal, which interestingly is now mostly equivalent to the Global exclusive Nick & Judy medal, just slightly more powerful and green base instead of blue.**

* In JPUX, Illustrated Sora was the first voiced medal, who said things when you used him in combat. No word on if that'll happen in Global.
** All medals subject to change from JPUX, of course.

Ilvocare

It would not surprise me if the Roxas/Axel/Xion medal gets buffed in some way, it would seem weird if a high-end challenge reward was just a little better than what is essentially a freebie.

Notice for the HS challenge is out.

0 gauge cost?!?

The fuck does it even do???

Skittles

Notice for the HS challenge is out.

0 gauge cost?!?

The fuck does it even do???
Yeah, there are 0 gauge cost medals in the game besides that one.

Lovin all the defense boost IIs we can possibly get with this high score challenge. I needed to stock up on them. Wow at the epic medal carnival, you're guaranteed at least one of the 5 new medals. Wonder if they'll announce mickey and brooms tomorrow since there's still 2 medal slots we don't know about it.

Also, for mission 425. You don't actually have to kill the boss, you just have to deal 320k damage

Just beat mission 425, I did it with KH2 Aerith, Nick/Judy, Snow White, Stitch, a 5* marluxia, and a friend's guilted Illustrated Yuffie. I only beat by having the most incredible run of DB1 procs that I'll ever have for the rest of the game though (something like 4 or 5 consecutive lol).

After getting Cloud last carnival the game decided I had enough good luck and so my pull was pretty garbage, mostly pips for medals out of rotation and Timeless Goofy. If hadn't sold my old copies I'd probably be close to guilting Jumba by now smh. I reeeeaaaaalllllllllyyyyyyyy wanted Illustrated Riku since my speed is pathetic, a Sora would have been awesome and really made my TT OP but no such luck. Ah well, hopefully next carnival will be better!

Falk

that puzzling face
Barely broke 200k for this highscore challenge and my red deck is supposed to be tricked out.

WELL AND TRULY BEHIND THE CURVE NOW

Solid AOE damage, plus Atk and Def +1 for one turn, and for no gauge is super duper sexy. That's a pretty serious buff, the JPUX version costs 3 gauges.

Since it's still just a buff medal I'm not gonna break my back over this high score challenge.

I don't want a repeat of what I had to go through to just place 997th in the last one. <__>

CRS

Since one of the new five medals are guaranteed in the new 10 pull, I guess it's worth it now over the Dailies?

Not sure what I should do now.

Skittles

Wow, I was expecting 425 to be about 10x harder. Either alice or namine make it easier, but i'm not sure it's required. I'll run it again without namine to see how viable it is. I'm thinking it's doable with just DBII, a healer(i used tinkerbell), and a good single target speed medal(yuffie is great). The boss gives like 4 gauges back a turn so it's not too bad

Load out was
Namine(DBII), Tifa(DBI), Tinkerbell, Illustrated Yuffie (ATBII), Marluxia(ATBII). I only used marluxia's special once

Falk

that puzzling face
How did you fare in the rankings with that kind of score at this point early on?

Didn't even bother to check!

Honestly speaking I'm in maintenance mode right now waiting for Mickey and Brooms. That and collecting 6k jewels for Illust. Aerith before considering any other pulls.

RalchAC

Honestly speaking I'm in maintenance mode right now waiting for Mickey and Brooms. That and collecting 6k jewels for Illust. Aerith before considering any other pulls.

Yeah, I'm actually thinking about waiting for a Illust. Aerith too. The only Magic single target medal I have right now is Aqua which... well, she really isn't single target.

So it may be smarter to wait and get her instead of pulling and getting crap. Plus, they are probably doing those High Score events because they've seen it drives people to pull. So I won't do it.

Considering that the score rewards go up to 800k, I'm pretty sure 200k is not gonna rank that high ultimately.

Falk

that puzzling face
0bAqIIVl.png

So many mixed emotions right now

(see: Lux to level up, AP, and raid boss level)

Falk

that puzzling face
Didn't get enough Lux from a lv1 raid boss to level :V

(Not that it matters, went to stage 57 a short while after)

Faiz

Barely broke 200k for this highscore challenge and my red deck is supposed to be tricked out.

WELL AND TRULY BEHIND THE CURVE NOW

Right there with ya. Just don't have the multipliers, much like last time. I might be able to get it up to 220 but I doubt it.

Haven't touched this game for a very long time, but gave it a go today.

Did a 10 medal pull and got some 5 stars:

Green Yuffie with a shuriken
Green Sora in KH clothes
Red Mickey in black cloak

Any of those pretty good?
The stars are mostly meaningless, you can upgrade any medal.

Black Coat Mickey is one of the best medals (and it was a guarantee on that banner).

There are like twenty green Sora medals, most of them are decent (KH Sora A is a farmable though).

Green Yuffie might be the "ignores defense" medal? Good for a beginner, but quickly becomes useless.

Boogiepop

Ugh, sitting at 1640 jewels and I'm at the start of a daily jewels rotation right now. Still need to do my math, and I haven't cleared the final stage yet (my speed medals sadly suuuuck), but yeah, don't think I'll make a pull in time unless something nice and jewel filled pops up in place of the Zootopia event. Or I guess if they give jewels because of that thing with the empty chests yesterday, but I haven't seen that happen since, so it'll probably just get swept under the rug.

Bleh. Oh well, now my fingers are mainly crossed that the brooms come in an at least semi-obtainable way. I'm worried about that "leak" meaning they may only be through premium avatar boards or something. I mean, I'm currently drowning in magic mirrors with nothing good to use them on!

The stars are mostly meaningless, you can upgrade any medal.

Black Coat Mickey is one of the best medals (and it was a guarantee on that banner).

There are like twenty green Sora medals, most of them are decent (KH Sora A is a farmable though).

Green Yuffie might be the "ignores defense" medal? Good for a beginner, but quickly becomes useless.

Ah okay, thanks :) definitely noticing how strong Mickey's special attack is

Sölf

Well, first try at the new Highscore got me 190k. I didn't even try the level 200 ones and I also don't have a single bonus medal except the Queen, but no room for her. That aside, I am at mission 414 now. Maybe next week I will buy the 3k jewels for the first time. Then I could actually use that for starters. When does it reset normally? On Monday?

Famassu

Decided to spend on the epic how was my pull?

u4dsSIA.jpg
Mmh, from what I can tell, that's not the best pull ever. Power-Leon and Timeless River Goofy are pretty high tier medals and there are a few others that aren't total crap (Mushu, Wisdom Sora), but then you've got Jiminy, Yuffie and Cinderella which are some of the worst medals around and Genie & Magic Leon aren't all that hot either. :p

Burbeting

Banned
Mushu is at least my go-to medal when I want to deal damage against Speed-enemies. I do want to guilt it, but that would need quite a few pulls first.

Famassu

Mushu is at least my go-to medal when I want to deal damage against Speed-enemies. I do want to guilt it, but that would need quite a few pulls first.
Mushu is pretty good, it's just the high special gauge cost that makes it less than ideal in a lot of situations. In most situations, I'd personally rather have something like KH Riku that isn't necessarily as strong but is only 1/3rd of the special gauge cost.

Also, lol @ this 425 boss. Dem number of health gauges. -_-; Got it down to about 3 health bars with the help of Alice, Daisy and Attack Prize Plus on KH1 Sora B (which filled my special gauges each time it activated), then it unfairly got Tier 3 STR buff during its 4th or 5th turn and Alice's Defense Boost I didn't activate aaaaaaand one-shotted me. Will try Minnie, not sure if my health was full. She should be able to keep me fully healed since Daisy didn't.

xclk07

So all the new Timeless medals are complete crap, right? If the lower Def is only for one turn, it's only for that particular special attack. Is there something I'm missing?

Famassu

Uhh.. no? They are decently strong single target medals (max base STR is over 7000 & high-ish Special Attack multiplier) with high max guilt % and a defense debuff which can help make one of your crazy powerful medals even more cray-cray, if you have any

xclk07

Uhh.. no? They are decently strong single target medals (max base STR is over 7000 & high-ish Special Attack multiplier) with high max guilt % and a defense debuff which can help make one of your crazy powerful medals even more cray-cray, if you have any

I haven't tried a pull yet, so I'm going off the notice, but "lowers target's defense by 1 tier for one attack" should mean (comparing to similarly worded medals) that it only lowers def for THAT special attack; it doesn't extend to any future medals.

If anyone has one of these already, can they test this? Does the little icon stay past the special activation of these medals?

If it said "... for one TURN" I'd be all about it!

Famassu

It does, unless they've gimped it from the Japanese version (which actually applies the debuff to the Timeless River character's attack as well).

Top Bottom