• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Boogiepop

...man, just realized, but you only get the percentage added for the Zootopia medal if you 6 star it, right? It would be great to have that advantage in the high scores, but that would more or less ruin the medal until we get a heavy influx of either cost or Cids (since it makes so much sense to have your boost be your 5 star), so I guess I'll hold off...

Wait, I can keep my one I'm actually using at 5, and then boost the other spares from the event to 6! That'll work, even if the 6 star doesn't get the guilt it would have if I boosted them all up!

Famassu

Bleh, fuck my luck. This time I managed to stay alive a bit longer thanks to Def Boost I but my Yuffie's Attack Boost II didn't activate even once (well it activated once, during a turn I couldn't use her Special Attack) and Sora B's Attack Price Plus only activated once, leaving me with struggling to be able to do special attacks. -_-

c-murph

What's your setup? also, what are all your boost medals?

Did you try everything? Don't give up, don't give in.

I was using:

5* Judy & Nick three pips,
6* Pete Max I,
6* KH Cloud Max II,
6* KH II Black Coat Riku Max II,
6* Leon Max II, and
Friend Summon KH II Black Coat Mickey Max II with 95% guilt.

I also, have KHII BC Mickey Max II, and Illustrated Cid with 33% Guilt but they didn't help much.

I always have a sliver of Health left even if all buff activate. Sucks that J&N only hits for one point but I don't have any other buff medals besides DiZ.

Boogiepop

Oh god, pulling off a one turn kill on that Invisible in quest 15 of the Zootopia stuff proooobably isn't happening. Hit everything all well and good with my attack boosts all happening, and it still had just over one bar of health left. Unless double boosting is actually better than using one booster, I don't think I have any means of pulling this off for that last Zootopia medal, as that was pretty much my best shot.

Famassu

I was using:

6* Pete Max I,
6* KH Cloud Max II,
6* Leon Max II, and

I also, have KHII BC Mickey Max II, and Illustrated Cid with 33% Guilt but they didn't help much.

I always have a sliver of Health left even if all buff activate. Sucks that J&N only hits for one point but I don't have any other buff medals besides DiZ.
Give poison to Judy & Nick?

Boogiepop

Holy crap wait, there are jewels in the Hi Score bonus rewards! How many are those? (The second I do the Hi Score Challenge my storage space will go to crap full of stuff I don't want to use immediately, but that could make the difference between me being able to do a pull this time around or not!)

Psxphile

Damn, game crashes even when trying to load a Raid boss now.

I'm disgusted to think I might have to get a better phone in order to keep playing.

Malyse

The latest update in JP stacks identical medals up to ten. So five 6* moogles with only take one inventory spot instead of five. Same for evolution medals.

Skittles

Mushu is pretty good, it's just the high special gauge cost that makes it less than ideal in a lot of situations. In most situations, I'd personally rather have something like KH Riku that isn't necessarily as strong but is only 1/3rd of the special gauge cost.

Also, lol @ this 425 boss. Dem number of health gauges. -_-; Got it down to about 3 health bars with the help of Alice, Daisy and Attack Prize Plus on KH1 Sora B (which filled my special gauges each time it activated), then it unfairly got Tier 3 STR buff during its 4th or 5th turn and Alice's Defense Boost I didn't activate aaaaaaand one-shotted me. Will try Minnie, not sure if my health was full. She should be able to keep me fully healed since Daisy didn't.
just remember that you only need to deal a certain amount of damage, not kill her. minnie with a DBII would be solid for the last phase

I was using:

6* Pete Max I,
6* KH Cloud Max II,
6* Leon Max II, and

Equip a +22 olympia and try this setup
Diz
KH Cloud
J&N
Illustrated Cid
Best single target green
Guilted KH cloud as friend medal(use bc mickey if there's no one like this)

Oh god, pulling off a one turn kill on that Invisible in quest 15 of the Zootopia stuff proooobably isn't happening. Hit everything all well and good with my attack boosts all happening, and it still had just over one bar of health left. Unless double boosting is actually better than using one booster, I don't think I have any means of pulling this off for that last Zootopia medal, as that was pretty much my best shot.
Double boosting is better, you can do a triple boost if you have a good friend medal and a +22 olympia

also

Banned
Whoa.

That might work. I have so many fucking poisons lying around too. Genius. Thanks!
I don't think poison will help you. It doesn't activate if you use a special attack or swipe and it's not worth losing the damage from the boost. You should try using 2 boost medals; ditch Pete. Upgrade Treasure Trove if you can, too.
Also, shouldn't a guilted Cid outdamage your other medals, unless they are guilted too or you don't have any more att boost II.

c-murph

I don't think poison will help you. It doesn't activate if you use a special attack or swipe and it's not worth losing the damage from the boost. You should try using 2 boost medals; ditch Pete. Upgrade Treasure Trove if you can, too.
Also, shouldn't a guilted Cid outdamage your other medals, unless they are guilted too or you don't have any more att boost II.

Poison won't work if I swipe/special? :(

No, I forget what Cid topped out at but I don't have any more buff medals or Cid medals to reduce it's cost.

My Treasure Trove is Lv.22.

Boogiepop

Double boosting is better, you can do a triple boost if you have a good friend medal and a +22 olympia
Just realized I don't have a Phil anyway, so I guess I couldn't double boost, right? Can you only stack colored and non-colored for the boosts. Or would doing a Zootopia medal+ DiZ still be worth trying for this?

Edit: There's no chance Lady Luck Adamantite Part 4 isn't that bad, and would thus be plausible if I just scraped by part 2, right?

Also, I am so incredibly jealous of that stacking thing Japan got.

also

Banned
Just realized I don't have a Phil anyway, so I guess I couldn't double boost, right? Can you only stack colored and non-colored for the boosts. Or would doing a Zootopia medal+ DiZ still be worth trying for this?

Edit: There's no chance Lady Luck Adamantite Part 4 isn't that bad, and would thus be plausible if I just scraped by part 2, right?

Both neutral and color specific boosts stack up to lv. 3 each. It's better to use a combination because the boost values multiply; 1.2*1.2=1.44 > 1.4 (lv. 2 boost).

Still worth trying.

Part 4 is all about gauge management. If you have att prize+ and some good AoE speed medals (Sephiroth is extremely useful) then maybe you can do it.

Skittles

Poison won't work if I swipe/special? :(

No, I forget what Cid topped out at but I don't have any more buff medals or Cid medals to reduce it's cost.

My Treasure Trove is Lv.22.

You can stack strength boosts and colored boosts 3 times each. Boosts are additive unless they're different in which case they multiply together. So 2 strength boosts would increase your damage by 1.4x.
Strength boosts give a damage multiplier of 1.2
Colored boosts give a damage multiplier of 1.25, making them better if you use a lot of the same color of medal

also

Banned
You can stack strength boosts and colored boosts 3 times each. Boosts are additive unless they're different in which case they multiply together. So 2 strength boosts would increase your damage by 1.4x.
Colored boosts give a damage multiplier of 1.25, making them better if you use a lot of the same color of medal
Any source for this? From what I have seen they are the same,though the difference is small enough that I could have overlooked it.

Boogiepop

Both neutral and color specific boosts stack up to lv. 3 each. It's better to use a combination because the boost values multiply; 1.2*1.2=1.44 > 1.4 (lv. 2 boost).

Still worth trying.

Part 4 is all about gauge management. If you have att prize+ and some good AoE speed medals (Sephiroth is extremely useful) then maybe you can do it.

Thanks, guys. It's definitely better this way than it was, but it still left the boss with half a bar left. Maybe replacing my Black Coat Mickey with something else would do it? But all I really have is a fully leveled but unboosted Cloud, and then the 3D Riku and Queen with so-so guilt. And this is all on my (+22) Treasure Trove. It's frustrating because it feels so close to being doable...

Edit: Looking on the friends list I could choose a +44 guilt Cid vs the +95 BC Mickey I've been consistently choosing, but I can't imagine that'd help...

Skittles

Any source for this? From what I have seen they are the same,though the difference is small enough that I could have overlooked it.
Think I got that from user tests on reddit, nothing official I don't think
Thanks, guys. It's definitely better this way than it was, but it still left the boss with half a bar left. Maybe replacing my Black Coat Mickey with something else would do it? But all I really have is a fully leveled but unboosted Cloud, and then the 3D Riku and Queen with so-so guilt. And this is all on my (+22) Treasure Trove. It's frustrating because it feels so close to being doable...

Edit: Looking on the friends list I could choose a +44 guilt Cid vs the +95 BC Mickey I've been consistently choosing, but I can't imagine that'd help...
The cid will outdamage mickey because of the 1.4x element boost. Throw the guilted riku 3D on there too. Also, what's the level on your olympia?

Boogiepop

Think I got that from user tests on reddit, nothing official I don't think

The cid will outdamage mickey because of the 1.4x element boost. Throw the guilted riku 3D on there too. Also, what's the level on your olympia?
My Olympia is +22. Would that work better here despite the limited red slots?

also

Banned

Just do the Math;
Atk*multiplier*guilt*skil*weakness/resistance*keyblade multipler

Weakness/resistance: 1.4 damage if the enemy is weak against your element, 1 if neutral (or the special attack has special properties, like Black Coat Mickey), 0.7 if strong.
Not entirely accurate as base stats might play a bigger role but that's how I choose my medals

Famassu

Gave Minnie Def Boost II, but I really need to level up the skill if I want to have a chance with this asshole. -_- It's just too unreliably activated at lvl 1 to get me through the battle, especially since my Attack Boost II on Illustr. Yuffie and Attack Prize Plus on Sora B hardly ever activate, so I don't seem to be doing damage fast enough push through the battle.

Sölf

I am at 424 and since I am severly lacking in decent Speed medals I will probably be stuck here for a long time. Oh well.

alittlelove

Neo Member

I eventually cleared with my +21 TT - replaced BC Mickey from my deck with 3D Riku (had to also give him AB1) and had Illustrated Cloud instead of BC Mickey for friend medal.

c-murph

Wait, what? If I used my Green KHII Kairi with my Blue Judy & Nick medal, would they stack for my Red Power medals then...?

Famassu

So 400 missions in and we get the title card now?

Was everything a prologue up to this point? ._.

The first 250 missions pretty much had zero (meaningful) story, or the amount of story amounts to what would traditionally be the first few minutes of exposition & setup in a (KH) game. Past that, yes, we basically had the prologue of the game with being introduced to actually important characters & starting to setup the plot with the Foretellers & shady happenings behind the scenes. So... yeah, seems like it was basically prologue so far and the meat of the story starts now as the PC & his/her new friends start to delve into the happenings in the tower & among the Foretellers.

Skittles

So 400 missions in and we get the title card now?

Was everything a prologue up to this point? ._.
Yeap lol, I thought KHII had a long prologue.
Wait, what? If I used my Green KHII Kairi with my Blue Judy & Nick medal, would they stack for my Red Power medals then...?
No, kairi is a colored boost and J&N are strength. So speed medals would get a 1.8x (1.5*1.2) multiplier if you used kairi and J&N, but all other medals would just get a 1.2x multipler to damage.

c-murph

Yeap lol, I thought KHII had a long prologue.

No, kairi is a colored boost and J&N are strength. So speed medals would get a 1.8x (1.5*1.2) multiplier if you used kairi and J&N, but all other medals would just get a 1.2x multipler to damage.

ah, thats what i thought.

Boogiepop

425 is pretty easy with a Namine, a must have.
Used a friend one since I don't have one myself so I could copy the defense boosts, and yeah, along with my Queen Minnie I was actually in a perfectly sustainable cycle that could've gone as long as I needed it to.
One-turning that Invisible for the last Zootopia medal, though, doesn't look like it's happening. Maaaaaybe if I changed my Attack Boost I on my Laxaeus out for one my two remaining Attack Boost IIs and then got lucky enough to have everything activate, maaaaaybe I could just barely do it. Really wish poison could activate off the special on a boosting medal, because then I probably would've had it by now...

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I did it! I beat 425
after trying 6 times and deciding to spend 100 Jewels when she was down to +4 because I don't have Alice or Namine
! I can see how trying to F2P this fight could be tough if you've gotten bad pulls. Gotta keep this F2P train rolling!

CRS

Beat her the hard way, no Namine, without having to continue but I did have Alice so I just used her when she had her Defense up and let my Def Boost II medal take care of the rest. Took about 6/7 turns.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Beat her the hard way, no Namine, without having to continue but I did have Alice so I just used her when she had her Defense up and let my Def Boost II medal take care of the rest. Took about 6/7 turns.

Funny, I feel like with these latest levels my Boosts aren't working as much as usual. I only got like two Defense Boosts and barely any Attack during those fights. Hmm...

CRS

With Def Boost II, it's a coin flip every time and I just happen to win the flip when it mattered. I did have to heal once since I didn't want to risk it. I eagerly await the day that I can clear the first two objectives.

c-murph

OMG.

Finally got the last J&N medal...

I used Treasure Trove +22
J&N
J&N
KH Cloud Max II
KH II BC Riku Max II
KH Leon Max II

Summon KH II BC Mickey Max II Guilt 95

My medals all had to activate their Max II Buff. Mickey didn't but was still enough to defeat the boss.

Now I'm wondering if I even should combine and guilt the medals until I can pull something with Two Tier buffs...

Yeah, I'm not getting that last medal. lmao.
Me neither. I could barely beat the level itself just doing the mandatory fight in the starting hallway + the boss. I can't get Invisible close to a 1TKO. I also can't even scratch the first enemy in the Bonus stage.

Me neither. I could barely beat the level itself just doing the mandatory fight in the starting hallway + the boss. I can't get Invisible close to a 1TKO. I also can't even scratch the first enemy in the Bonus stage.

You're supposed to play the attrition game with the bonus round. Inflict Poison/Paralysis/Sleep and just wait it out, healing periodically.

Took me only two tries that way to 3-Mickey it.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Oh hey! New weekly weekend event boards! This should be fu--

c5YCfx0.png

oh

Sölf

Are there any restriction on summoning the raidboss? An internal cooldown or something? Because I can't summon him. >_>

also

Banned
Sölf;212637483 said:
Are there any restriction on summoning the raidboss? An internal cooldown or something? Because I can't summon him. >_>
How many eggs did you kill? The previous bosses required like 3 eggs.

Sölf

Oh, okay. I just did the mission once which was enough last time, but maybe I got lucky with egg spawn. I only had 2 this time.

Top Bottom