• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

CRS

You summon him like any other Raid Boss as well. Fight the 60? required Heartless then do the Event quest.

CRS

Oh yeah and for those that want to power level, don't forget to let the boss regen. You get more Lux for destroying the body parts.

Falk

that puzzling face
Unlike the previous iteration where we had like 8 of them up and were rotating through them to blow up the parts, this one seems a little too bulky to do that efficiently, especially at 10AP a pop.

Sölf

Well, this time I definitly won't be able to beat him alone. Took me 20 minutes to chip off 1,6 million HP. >_>

CRS

Unlike the previous iteration where we had like 8 of them up and were rotating through them to blow up the parts, this one seems a little too bulky to do that efficiently, especially at 10AP a pop.

Raid Boss only costs 1 AP.

Sölf

Well, beat the boss once now, thanks to Famassu. Will do the second one tomorrow, I have no time for another 1+ hour long fight today. >_>

Boogiepop

Man, I'm at 1870 jewels, and I'm caught up on the story. There will be 500 more log-in jewels, and I still haven't gotten the jewels out of the high score challenge, buuuuut...

There's no way that I'm hitting the 3,000 in time, right? Thinking I'll throw the 600 to the wind in a daily draw that'll 99% chance get me nothing of worth, but will at least technically have a chance at a premium. Sucks, though, since I missed the chance at a 10 draw in the last Epic Carnival. I swear, were the price not set at freaking $15 for one draw of 10 (that could still very well end up being relatively unhelpful), they definitely would've gotten a little money from me at this point.

Sölf

I tried 425 for the first time today. No way in hell I will beat that anytime soon. Doesn't help that I am a stupid idiot that has a 6* Winnie & Piglet, Attack Prize Plus on a 5* Vivi and I need at least 1-2 stronger Speed Medals to do anything remotely good. My main damage comes from KH Sora B and Yuffie. >_>

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Done with the weekend raid boss board. I powered through it with 6.6 million damage against the first boss and 8.6 million damage against the second boss.

Boogiepop

Man, I'm at 1870 jewels, and I'm caught up on the story. There will be 500 more log-in jewels, and I still haven't gotten the jewels out of the high score challenge, buuuuut...

There's no way that I'm hitting the 3,000 in time, right? Thinking I'll throw the 600 to the wind in a daily draw that'll 99% chance get me nothing of worth, but will at least technically have a chance at a premium. Sucks, though, since I missed the chance at a 10 draw in the last Epic Carnival. I swear, were the price not set at freaking $15 for one draw of 10 (that could still very well end up being relatively unhelpful), they definitely would've gotten a little money from me at this point.
Both Aeriths (which I already had) and a Pence. So yeah, this was unsurprisingly a poor choice. Oh well, I'll get a proper draw next epic medal carnival, I guess.

Edit: Holy crap at the Hi Score Challenge. All those level 200 things back by the rabbit's house are insane! You can't even really hope for paralysis to get you past those two cluster groups. Ugh, I really wish they'd at least loosen up the requirements for the exclusive medals from these. Like, I'd really like that medal (it's good, right), but I'm not so sure I'll be able to hit top 5,000 this time around...

Skittles

Both Aeriths (which I already had) and a Pence. So yeah, this was unsurprisingly a poor choice. Oh well, I'll get a proper draw next epic medal carnival, I guess.

Edit: Holy crap at the Hi Score Challenge. All those level 200 things back by the rabbit's house are insane! You can't even really hope for paralysis to get you past those two cluster groups. Ugh, I really wish they'd at least loosen up the requirements for the exclusive medals from these. Like, I'd really like that medal (it's good, right), but I'm not so sure I'll be able to hit top 5,000 this time around...
I'm rank 1000 with a score of 320k. thats with killing only 1 gargoyle and a multiplier of 31%. you'll be fine

Famassu

Sölf;212656494 said:
I tried 425 for the first time today. No way in hell I will beat that anytime soon. Doesn't help that I am a stupid idiot that has a 6* Winnie & Piglet, Attack Prize Plus on a 5* Vivi and I need at least 1-2 stronger Speed Medals to do anything remotely good. My main damage comes from KH Sora B and Yuffie. >_>
I shared my illustr. yuffie again. Should help. Or do you need Alices buff removal or Minnie's healing & def boost ii more?

Yeap. On the bright side you only have to kill like 2 of them to get the whole board, so that's nice
And they are weekly now. A little bit of extra chips doesn't hurt, even if they are shitty non-6* ones

RalchAC

You can check the list in-game by clicking the "medals" button in the menu right before starting the mission (under the "assist medals" box)

Select the quest and on the keyblade select screen click "Medals" in the top right corner for a list of medals and their bonus %.

Oh, thanks. I didn't remember it.

Seems I can get a 21% bonus using Aladdin Marluxia and the Zootopia medal.

I guess I can get a 30-40% boost with a good friend medal.

I will try to do it once there is 1-2 days left.

also

Banned
The current high score challenge is way harder than the previous one. Last time all the strongest enemies were alone so you could slowly wear them down but in the current one you have a group of 3 Canon Guns and a team of 2 Gargoyles. Beating the former is especially frustrating as they can get a sudden lv. 3 att boost and one shot you anytime, unless def boost II activates (def I is not enough).

Anyway, after countless resets, I finally managed to beat all the enemies with the following setup on Oympia +23
9RDnt4G.png

BC Riku is guilted at 50% with +1000/+1000. I only used his special attack and Minnie to heal while praying that skills would activate (note: the Gargoyles can't be paralyzed). The worst was when I finally managed to beat the cannons only for the Gargoyle pair to kill me in the 1st round... twice :/

With a bonus of 28% I just barely cracked 700k and got the last Def boost II but that's only because the Wibble Wobbles healed themselves and gave me a few k more points. The Ice Plant in front of the cannons can also heal itself for some extra points. I placed just outside of the top 300 but I seriously doubt I will stay in the top 1000 this time around :/

Sölf

I shared my illustr. yuffie again. Should help. Or do you need Alices buff removal or Minnie's healing & def boost ii more?

I doo have a 5* Minnie of my own, but I have nothing to remove buffs. I may also switch Winnie for Vivi, just so that at least sometime Attack Prize Plus may trigger (but with Vivi just being 5*, he will probably deal nearly no damage). I will try that again some time later, first I have to do that stupid raid boss again. >_>

Famassu

Sölf;212733972 said:
I doo have a 5* Minnie of my own, but I have nothing to remove buffs. I may also switch Winnie for Vivi, just so that at least sometime Attack Prize Plus may trigger (but with Vivi just being 5*, he will probably deal nearly no damage). I will try that again some time later, first I have to do that stupid raid boss again. >_>
Hmm Alice being last isn't super useful, but it's better than nothing, if you want to try it. The boss does switch between using the str & def buffs so you'll at least get one turn without the def buff every other turn.

Falk

that puzzling face
425 really is a "are you friends with someone with Namine?" check overlapping with a "do you have heals?" check overlapping with "do you have Attack Prize Plus?" check.

Because you can literally make a perpetual motion machine with those parts.

Famassu

Yeah, Attack Prize Plus seems ridiculously OP and pretty much mandatory in 425 like boss fights. It literally fills up the special gauge from 0 to 15 with a single activation. Of course you need to have better luck than me and have the skill actually activate during the fight...
42% trigger rate my ass

Sölf

Hmm Alice being last isn't super useful, but it's better than nothing, if you want to try it. The boss does switch between using the str & def buffs so you'll at least get one turn without the def buff every other turn.

Well, I have a problem. I tried this now and, well... I brought him to roughly +7 bars. He then got a +3 attack buff and still oneshottet me. >_>
Since he gets that before he attacks I can't do anything.

Edit:
Nope, no way to beat him. He seems to enrage after some turns and I can't even bring him down to half health in that time. I tried several things, using Bambi instead of Alice for a defense boost, but 1 tier of magix defense is not enough, he still oneshots me. Alice also is more or less worthless (at least in the last slot), since he changes his buffs at the start of his turn. Well, seems I will wait for more jewels to do more pulls and hope that I get at least something. If it weren't for his 3 tier strength buff I would have no problem beating him. But as soon as he gets that I am dead.

Famassu

You can survive the hit but a Def Boost I or II really needs to activate for you to survive that hit. Not sure if Def I is enough or if it needs to be a Def Boost II. If you can do that, she'll be rid of that buff once you use Alice, if only for a turn or two. I also had trouble with being one shotted by that attack. You just need luck to survive it maybe a couple of times.

Psxphile

Next story update should be interesting if mission 425 is this much of a challenge. Maybe Good Guy Square-Enix™ will give out free Namine/Alice medals to compensate.

lol

Falk

that puzzling face
The idea seems to be since the boss alternates buffs, you steal the Defense buff with Namine to survive the turns with the Attack buff.

I think the boss started doing more damage as the fight went on too, but I definitely lasted more than 8 turns since I was doing at most 1.5 bars of damage per turn. Not sure if the gradual increase was HP% based or time/turn-based, but I never came close to dying with 5050HP. (Curaga stronk)

CRS

The Defense and Attack buffs increase by one every two turns.

Attack +1 -> Defense +1 -> Attack +2 -> Defense +2 -> etc.

And I beat it without Namine. I procced Defense Boost II for almost every turn she had attack boost and I just healed the turn Def Boost II didn't proc. And I just used Alice the turns she had her Defense + so I could burst her down as fast as possible.

Sölf

I am pretty sure the boss had Attack +2 and Defense +3 for the whole fight until he got Attack +3 and then killed me.

Regarding defense boost, I think noone of my speed medals has any defense things. I may have one more Scrooge for Defense Boos 1 though, could give that to someone, even if it's Minnie.

Skittles

Sölf;212767833 said:
I am pretty sure the boss had Attack +2 and Defense +3 for the whole fight until he got Attack +3 and then killed me.

Regarding defense boost, I think noone of my speed medals has any defense things. I may have one more Scrooge for Defense Boos 1 though, could give that to someone, even if it's Minnie.
were you not using minnie in the fight before?

Sölf

I did use Minnie in this one, yes. But I wanted to try out things before and if the only reason to beat this is Def Boost procs, well... seems I have to use that.

It also doesn't help that poison doesn't seem to work. >_>

Skittles

Sölf;212770863 said:
I did use Minnie in this one, yes. But I wanted to try out things before and if the only reason to beat this is Def Boost procs, well... seems I have to use that.

It also doesn't help that poison doesn't seem to work. >_>
She's immune to status affects. All you need is 2 high damage speed medals(friend or not), a buffer, and a healer with one of the medals out of the 6 having a Def Boost II(could try DBI though). Yuffie is great for this because she costs 1 gauge and the boss gives you 3 just from normal taps

Boogiepop

425 really is a "are you friends with someone with Namine?" check overlapping with a "do you have heals?" check overlapping with "do you have Attack Prize Plus?" check.

Because you can literally make a perpetual motion machine with those parts.
She seems to have extra attack orbs back or something, because I had no problem getting perpetual motion without the Attack Prize Plus. Got by just fine with the Queen Minnie and the Namine friend to steal the defense boosts, and had enough to spare an extra special attack here and there. Couldn't go all out offense, but I could've kept going as long as need be (even with the increase in offense later on), and my Speed deck sucks pretty bad.

Sölf;212758323 said:
Well, I have a problem. I tried this now and, well... I brought himto roughly +7 bars. He then got a +3 attack buff and still oneshottet me. >_>
Since he gets that before he attacks I can't do anything.

Edit:
Nope, no way to beat him. He seems to enrage after some turns and I can't even bring him down to half health in that time. I tried several things, using Bambi instead of Alice for a defense boost, but 1 tier of magix defense is not enough, he still oneshots me. Alice also is more or less worthless (at least in the last slot), since he changes his buffs at the start of his turn. Well, seems I will wait for more jewels to do more pulls and hope that I get at least something. If it weren't for his 3 tier strength buff I would have no problem beating him. But as soon as he gets that I am dead.

Foreteller Ava is female.

It needed to be said. =P

Razmos

Managed to beat the 2 gargoyles in the high score event and them beat everything except for the cannon guns, ended up with a score over 400,000 with only 14% modifier.

Expected to be in the 1000-1500 mark but I'm at like rank 770 or something.

Not bad!

I'm surprised I'm still in the top 5000 in this event, I scored 260k and am ranked around 3400. I hope to upgrade another medal to 6* this week for another multiplier to upgrade my score a bit. Still no remote chance of beating the two gargoyles though or three cannon though :/

Skittles

I'm surprised I'm still in the top 5000 in this event, I scored 260k and am ranked around 3400. I hope to upgrade another medal to 6* this week for another multiplier to upgrade my score a bit. Still no remote chance of beating the two gargoyles though or three cannon though :/
You can try sleeping one of the gargoyles

Some thoughts on the two new skills we got.

Lux Plus: About as useless as everyone said it would be. Attaching this to my two Wakkas for mission 57 yields me an extra 150-200 Lux on average, so while it's nice it's nothing groundbreaking.

Second Chance: This skill may actually be broken if it wasn't for the low activation rate (32% at max level, I believe). It is possible for you to take extra hits after you lose all your health for this to still activate. This is because Second Chance activates in between the end of the enemy turn and the beginning of the player turn. This happened to me when fighting the weekend raid boss several times, and I don't have any reason to believe that regular enemies would be any different. Assuming you're lucky enough, it practically makes you invincible, with the only true counter to it being poison.

So yeah, I don't regret putting Second Chance on my Minnie at all.

Skittles

In the 200-1000 range now because i killed the 2 gargoyles. Just need to use sleep on one of them to do it.

So just found out the localization team is only 9 people. Damn, no wonder stuff takes so long

CRS

New weekly raid event. Boring stuff but the real kicker is a Top 5 and Top 100 title reward for the weekly solo Lux rankings. Thongs are gonna get crazy.

Top Bottom