• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

SubZero

Neo Member
Dt9bzCK.png

Got 97% on the 1st try, this guy is a beast.

SapphireZora

Neo Member
These Raid Bosses are making it clear that my current party of maybe 2.8 active members (including me) just isn't going to cut it for the long haul in this game. Any chance someone's looking for another member in their party? My activity level is high.

Of note, I'm currently in Anguis(h because of my dead party... heh heh *crickets*), but am willing to change unions if necessary. Maybe shoot me a message if anyone's interested. Thanks. :)

Skittles

These Raid Bosses are making it clear that my current party of maybe 2.8 active members (including me) just isn't going to cut it for the long haul in this game. Any chance someone's looking for another member in their party? My activity level is high.

Of note, I'm currently in Anguis(h because of my dead party... heh heh *crickets*), but am willing to change unions if necessary. Maybe shoot me a message if anyone's interested. Thanks. :)
There's currently a spot open in GAFKingdom on unicornis. Hopefully one of the leaders checks into the thread soon

feel like cereberus will be easy to do once we get illustrated aerith and you have a namine. the lack of easily guiltable single target magic medals makes the quest way hard

RalchAC

There's currently a spot open in GAFKingdom on unicornis. Hopefully one of the leaders checks into the thread soon

feel like cereberus will be easy to do once we get illustrated aerith and you have a namine. the lack of easily guiltable single target magic medals makes the quest way hard

Yeah, I'm saving for Illustrated Aerith. Right now I have around 3500 Jewels. Hope I can get both boards.

Sölf

So, out of curiosity, if I buy the 3k jewels today, I get the bonus for the whole week, right? As in access to the special things.

RalchAC

Managed to beat the 425 boss using the following team:

5* KH2 Aerith x1.55
6* 3D Sora x1.70
5* Minnie
6* Stitch x1.65
6* Sephiroth x1.80
5* Namine (Friend)

And Lady Luck +22

With Minnie + Namine it's really hard to get killed if you don't mind the fight being quite long. I didn't, so it was manageable.

I can't imagine what kind of deck you need to defeat the boss in 3 turns.

Managed to beat the 425 boss using the following team:

5* KH2 Aerith x1.55
6* 3D Sora x1.70
5* Minnie
6* Stitch x1.65
6* Sephiroth x1.80
5* Namine (Friend)

And Lady Luck +22

With Minnie + Namine it's really hard to get killed if you don't mind the fight being quite long. I didn't, so it was manageable.

I can't imagine what kind of deck you need to defeat the boss in 3 turns.
Whales, my friend. Whales.

Sölf

I thought so too. But the boss doesn't loose the 3 tier attack buff. So while I blocked that once, I died the round after that. >_>

With my last 10-pull, I managed to not only get Illustrated Sora, but can also guilt Aladdin (already done so, sitting at 85%!), Auron, KHII Mickey, and Tifa. I can also re-roll Black Coat Mickey, so hopefully I get 90%+ for him.

I'm also only 1 away from guilting Timeless Goofy. Assuming I don't do any pulls any time soon, I think I'll just use Magician Mickey Ver. B on him since getting specific epic medals is extremely unreliable (I have no idea how I managed to guilt Aladdin).

Sölf

I finally beat Master Ava. God, took like 15-20 turns probably. xD

Doesn't look as if I could beat any of the adamantite challenges yet. Maybe the second Treasure Trove one if I manage to upgrade my Timeless Pete. I either have to exchange Winnie & Piglet for Vivi or I need more Cid Medals. And the latter will take quite some time. Second Three Wishes is also impossible, I lack another powerful medal. Currently I use Winnie & Piglet as well as Vivi. That gives me +3 Magic Buffs, but instead of Vivi a second hard hitter would be nice. I also still have KH 2 King Mickey, which doesn't really help in a single target fight. Welp.

creid

Got myself a 2nd Black Coat King Mickey - should I add a pip to my maxed one, or keep it as a 2nd one? If I keep 2, I probably would never use any chip & dales on it, and in that case I'm not sure if it would be worth keeping around.

Malyse

If you want to play JP, now is the time. JP is having a 0AP event right now and all the daily missions are open for the duration. Including Munny Madness.

Skittles

Got myself a 2nd Black Coat King Mickey - should I add a pip to my maxed one, or keep it as a 2nd one? If I keep 2, I probably would never use any chip & dales on it, and in that case I'm not sure if it would be worth keeping around.
Unless a friend has a guilted BC mickey, it's best to keep him separate even without chip&dales. In general some epics/premiums have higher multipliers than most medals, so running copies of them can be beneficial

Gimme your deets and I can add you to GAFKingdom. :)

Do note we're on Unicornis though.

Got 578k in the high score challenge, which puts me firmly in the mid 600s for the rank. I doubt I'll be moving out of the top 1000 by the end of Thursday.

There were only three areas, right? I thought my score was kinda low for a +56% bonus, but I guess those triple Cannon Heartless are worth a crap ton, which are the only enemies I can't defeat (and, frankly, see no reason to since my rank is pretty solid). I can take out well over half their HP in one turn, but it's not worth anything if I can't actually survive one enemy phase.

EDIT: Oh yeah, that reminds me. Which is the best skill to attach to Illustrated Sora?

Attack Boost II
Attack Prize Plus
Defense Boost II

Psxphile

KHUX put out a notice in-game for Android users: do not upgrade the firmware to Nougat if you wish to continue playing, as the game does not have support for it at this time and will not launch.

Falk

that puzzling face
Attack Boost II
Attack Prize Plus
Defense Boost II

Considering how bonkers the medal's damage output is it'd be a waste not to put attack boost 2 on it. Defense Boost functions identically regardless which medal it's on (hint: use the shitty 5* buff medal) and you probably could put APP elsewhere.

Famassu

KHUX put out a notice in-game for Android users: do not upgrade the firmware to Nougat if you wish to continue playing, as the game does not have support for it at this time and will not launch.
Do I have to worry about an Android phone automatically upgrading to Nougat? (LG here)

EDIT: w000t, I got to 3890th place in the high score event, something like 289k points. And this is before a party member shares his/her Illustr. Sora for a 21% score boost. I might actually get a Roxas Axel Xion medal :O Managed to beat one of the lvl 200 enemies. Didn't even bother with trying the Gargoyle x 2 and Cannon enemies.

Setup was

6* lvl 1 Zootropolis buff medal
6* lvl 100, +400 Illustr Cid with 24% guilt & Attack Boost II
6* lvl 100 Illustr. Yuffie, +925 49%guilt & ABII
6* KH Cloud with 3 pips, +1000, ABII
5* lvl 80 Minnie with Def Boost II
6* lvl 100 Darkside (if that was the name of the large Heartless) with ABII, +1000, 98% guilt

Psxphile

Do I have to worry about an Android phone automatically upgrading to Nougat? (LG here)

I'm no authority on the subject, but from what I understand some phones do update automatically as new firmware are released. However, update releases for specific phones vary among carriers... AT&T Galaxy S5 phones might get the firmware update a month before, say, a Nexus. Or a month later.

And while some Android phones give you an option to turn off Automatic Updates, others get that functionality stripped by their carriers. You'll have to go into Settings -> About Device -> Software Update and see if you can turn yours off. Only other way is to root your phone, in which case you can manually turn Automatic Updates off (the manner of which I'm not sure of).

c-murph

Got 578k in the high score challenge, which puts me firmly in the mid 600s for the rank. I doubt I'll be moving out of the top 1000 by the end of Thursday.

There were only three areas, right? I thought my score was kinda low for a +56% bonus, but I guess those triple Cannon Heartless are worth a crap ton, which are the only enemies I can't defeat (and, frankly, see no reason to since my rank is pretty solid). I can take out well over half their HP in one turn, but it's not worth anything if I can't actually survive one enemy phase.

EDIT: Oh yeah, that reminds me. Which is the best skill to attach to Illustrated Sora?

Attack Boost II
Attack Prize Plus
Defense Boost II

I have 63% Boost and only score 315K....... I can't beat the two Gargoyles and the Cannon though.

Is there any sort of trick to raising your score or is it just kill everything you can and hope for the best? At this point just hoping to snag the medal. I missed out on the Darkness one because my save data got deleted and SE took their sweet time restoring it.

Ava Pug

I have 63% Boost and only score 315K....... I can't beat the two Gargoyles and the Cannon though.

Is there any sort of trick to raising your score or is it just kill everything you can and hope for the best? At this point just hoping to snag the medal. I missed out on the Darkness one because my save data got deleted and SE took their sweet time restoring it.

The Cannons and Gargoyles give heaps of points so you should try kill them if possible. I had a bonus of 77% and got 966k score.

I guess I could in theory kill the 2x Gargoyles if I'm very lucky with status effects but there is no way I can deal with the cannons.

The deck I'm using for max multiplier % has 0 power medals, all damage comes from poison pretty much. Got 384k with 56% multiplier.

Famassu

"Not able to" sounds like a weird choice of words, like they simply can't add Nougat support even if they wanted to, instead of saying something like "currently doesn't support Nougat so hold out on upgrading to Nougat until we sort things out"

Also, got to something like 336k in the high score event with a 35% score boost. So close to the top 2000 that'd give more RAX medals, yet still so far. ;__; Might try using Pain & that other dude medal with poison for an additional 7% boost and see if I can do better.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I just downloaded the JP version to try it out and then I remembered that I have to go through all of Agrabah again. Argh.

But you love Agrabah don't you want to visit Agrabah again so that Agrabah can Agrabah when you go to fight Agrabah and then Agrabah

Agrabah

because what are new worlds

RalchAC

But you love Agrabah don't you want to visit Agrabah again so that Agrabah can Agrabah when you go to fight Agrabah and then Agrabah

Agrabah

because what are new worlds

I generally like Agrabah, since Aladdin is my favorite Disney film ever. But... yeah.

In general, most worlds in this game are filler. And by filler I mean totally awful. They aren't even retelling a film. They are just sending you to do various fetch quests. Awfuuuuuuuul!

The only no-Daybreak Town world I liked was the Underworld. And that was mainly because Hades is an amazing characters and I liked acting as his underling for a while.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I love the Underworld. Hercules has always been one of my favorite animated Disney films, and Hades lends himself well to being used to bring some actual humor to this game. It helps that the Underworld is a really cool environment with some great music.

Just, please, no more Agrabah and Snow White!

ffs my phone had issues yesterday and it was the day when I get a 200 jewel bonus :(

on topic: Have we even found Abu yet in Agrabah lol, not looking forward to that. Snow White isn't far behind in lousiness, but the last set of Wonderland with the Queen of Hearts was fun. And the Underworld is cool too.

Considering how bonkers the medal's damage output is it'd be a waste not to put attack boost 2 on it. Defense Boost functions identically regardless which medal it's on (hint: use the shitty 5* buff medal) and you probably could put APP elsewhere.

It may be because I haven't put any Chips into it, but the damage output of the medal seems underwhelming to me, even though it's at max level.

The Cannons and Gargoyles give heaps of points so you should try kill them if possible. I had a bonus of 77% and got 966k score.

Those Cannons are just impossible lol. I can defeat them assuming I can survive one turn, but I'm not sure it's worth it to try.

Maybe I'm better off putting my Defense Boost II to Pooh & Piglet. They currently have a Paralysis on them, but I already have a Vivi with that.

Falk

that puzzling face
It may be because I haven't put any Chips into it, but the damage output of the medal seems underwhelming to me, even though it's at max level.

It most likely is. Illust Sora tops out at 7300 which is Sephiroth-tier. The difference between 7300 and 8300, however, is significant on enemies with high defense. (refer back to this)

edit: I'm going off JP stats. I'm actually not sure if he's still 7300 on global!

It most likely is. Illust Sora tops out at 7300 which is Sephiroth-tier. The difference between 7300 and 8300, however, is significant on enemies with high defense. (refer back to this)

edit: I'm going off JP stats. I'm actually not sure if he's still 7300 on global!

Yeah, Illustrated Sora is 7300.

Ava Pug

Those Cannons are just impossible lol. I can defeat them assuming I can survive one turn, but I'm not sure it's worth it to try.

Yeah you need a lot of luck and hope your defence buff procs. My setup for the event is:

6* Pooh & Piglet - Defence Buff 2
6* Timeless River Goofy - Poison
6* Timeless River Donald - Poison
6* Illustrated Sora - Attack Boost 2
6* Timeless River Sora 75% Guilt - Attack Boost 2
6* Illustrated Sora - Random friend medal not in party

With the cannons I use all my specials to kill one in the first turn and then pray I don't die to the remaining two. If that all goes to plan then I can kill the rest easily since their defence buff are gone.

Famassu

I was on the 1882th spot last night. Now I've already dropped to something like the 2300th place. Oh well, it was nice to dream for a little while, though I had hoped my time in the top 2000 would last a little longer than it did...

Also, this raid boss is starting to get serious past the 18th-20th level. Seems like its defense is buffed noticeably and the tail's health seems to increase at a fast rate.

Razmos

I was in the 700's before and moved down to around 1300. Tried again this morning using an illustrated sora friend medal and managed to improve my score. Sitting at around 1000 at the moment, hope I stay above 2000 but I'm not too bothered if I don't, as long as I get the medal

RalchAC

The more I see it, the more sick I am of those High Score Events. Really. I had a 35% boost, managed to get 250.000 points. I'm the 6800th. I have evolved my Nick&Judy medal to 6*, but my team costs 178 and my max cost is 174 at the moment.

The whole thing is pissing me off. I've been playing the game since launch, being mostly F2P, playing almost daily to get my rewards, evolve my units, do the story, pull every once in a while...

And now the game is basically telling me to spend money or I will keep missing content. Which is something now, seeing what they are doing, I refuse to do.

I missed the Darkside medal. I missed the last Zootopia medal. I'm going to miss the RAX medal. In the first and third case, I'm not even asking to be able to guilt them, but... is it really that bad to allow me to have a single copy?

And that's not the worse part. Illustrated Yuffie, Aerith and Cid were free medals that people could grab from Colisseum rewards (IIRC). Guilting each of them costs 6000 Jewels now.

Judy and Nick were ranking rewards before. Which is more a matter of patience than a matter of having min maxed your team TBH. They were nerfed and sold for 3000 Jewel each.

Shadow and Darkside were also farmable medals in Japan. They were locked behind a High Score challenge.

And many other things. Like holding off Brooms or needing to clear 30 rounds in Colisseum Tier 10 to clear both boards.

In general, I'm not happy with the game right now. The fact that the High Score Event feels like they are directly showing the middle finger to F2P players and small spenders doesn't help. This is the third Epic Medal Carnival in a row we've had one of those. Unless things don't change, I'm sure I will drop the game once college starts again.

/rant

Faiz

The more I see it, the more sick I am of those High Score Events. Really. I had a 35% boost, managed to get 250.000 points. I'm the 6800th. I have evolved my Nick&Judy medal to 6*, but my team costs 178 and my max cost is 174 at the moment.

The whole thing is pissing me off. I've been playing the game since launch, being mostly F2P, playing almost daily to get my rewards, evolve my units, do the story, pull every once in a while...

And now the game is basically telling me to spend money or I will keep missing content. Which is something now, seeing what they are doing, I refuse to do.

I missed the Darkside medal. I missed the last Zootopia medal. I'm going to miss the RAX medal. In the first and third case, I'm not even asking to be able to guilt them, but... is it really that bad to allow me to have a single copy?

And that's not the worse part. Illustrated Yuffie, Aerith and Cid were free medals that people could grab from Colisseum rewards (IIRC). Guilting each of them costs 6000 Jewels now.

Judy and Nick were ranking rewards before. Which is more a matter of patience than a matter of having min maxed your team TBH. They were nerfed and sold for 3000 Jewel each.

Shadow and Darkside were also farmable medals in Japan. They were locked behind a High Score challenge.

And many other things. Like holding off Brooms or needing to clear 30 rounds in Colisseum Tier 10 to clear both boards.

In general, I'm not happy with the game right now. The fact that the High Score Event feels like they are directly showing the middle finger to F2P players and small spenders doesn't help. This is the third Epic Medal Carnival in a row we've had one of those. Unless things don't change, I'm sure I will drop the game once college starts again.

/rant

I feel ya. My wife already stopped and at this point I'm about ready to as well. If I want to spend this kinda money just to not be completely impotent in a game I'll go back to an MMO. the subscription would be cheaper.

Boogiepop

Currently holding at a rank of 2850. Hoping that's good enough to hold me under 5,000 until the end, as I really don't think I'm going to be taking down the cannons or the group of 2 gargoyles, which I'd need to do to improve my score any noticable amount at this point.

Skittles

Currently holding at a rank of 2850. Hoping that's good enough to hold me under 5,000 until the end, as I really don't think I'm going to be taking down the cannons or the group of 2 gargoyles, which I'd need to do to improve my score any noticable amount at this point.
If you can kill one gargoyle you can kill 2, if you have at least one healer comparable to tinkerbell (minnie or winnie would be better though). Just sleep the other one on the first turn and focus on killing the other. Usually a paralyze proc from them means death, but sometimes not

Top Bottom