• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

If you can kill one gargoyle you can kill 2, if you have at least one healer comparable to tinkerbell (minnie or winnie would be better though). Just sleep the other one on the first turn and focus on killing the other. Usually a paralyze proc from them means death, but sometimes not
I've been trying that but I always run out of gauge by the end. I hope I can get it down because I'd like to get into position for 3 of the medals.

In other news I finally did the third treasure trove quest, it required pumping Chip/Dales into Queen of Hearts and Card Soldiers and a benevolent random's 91% Guilted Zack lol, did 40000 damage with two buffers and AB2 activating.

Boogiepop

If you can kill one gargoyle you can kill 2, if you have at least one healer comparable to tinkerbell (minnie or winnie would be better though). Just sleep the other one on the first turn and focus on killing the other. Usually a paralyze proc from them means death, but sometimes not
I've been trying, but the sleep hasn't wanted to proc. Plus between the Minnie and my attack medal, gauge use has been mildly tight on the one Gargoyle. So yeah, it's doable, but I think I'll hold off a bit and see if I need to do it before I try to force that to work out.

Falk

that puzzling face
/rant

I feel ya. My wife already stopped and at this point I'm about ready to as well. If I want to spend this kinda money just to not be completely impotent in a game I'll go back to an MMO. the subscription would be cheaper.

Mentioned in party chat, will do so here too. In theory, high score events are cool and a good way to let the community essentially engage each other. However there are two large problems here:

- The reliance on having latest premium medals for score bonuses - on top of already exacerbating the fact that much of the time the high score map is designed to capitalize on those medals it's just another additional gap between the haves and have-nots. Despite 10pulls guaranteeing you one of those medals, it's still a rich-get-richer situation

- The actual numbers inherent to the reward tiers. Why are medals being awarded to (by their own released numbers) literal 0.5% of the playerbase? In any way you slice this, this pretty much makes them rarer than premium medals, and while I undertand the need to dangle a carrot on a stick for monetization, it's generally going to have an opposite effect, that only the top ~10k even care to try to be competitive to have anywhere close to a shot at the medal.

In contrast, it literally takes very, very little effort to earn the hats from Coliseum. It really should be the other way round - give a larger number of people the tools they need to continue progressing in the game, and then let the crazies duke it out for hats.

The game becomes much harder to balance without that baseline. Pulls have been and always will be a crapshoot in establishing a baseline power level.

Hmmm, interesting. Looks like zero ap and 20 skip tickets are coming our way!

Ah, very very nice.

For people who don't know what a skip ticket is used for, you can use one to skip replaying a mission you already did, but you still reap rewards from it (and, personally, it seems to favor giving you the max amount of bonus medals you can get from that mission).

Very useful for evolve medal missions in particular, considering how time consuming they are.

Skittles

My box is about to get an enormous boost after this event. All farmables are about to guilted af. Thank you based yuffie for making quests for xp a breeze. Have to be careful not to burn myself out though

alittlelove

Neo Member
A question for JP players - is the current banner considered a good banner in comparison to previous offerings? The chance of me getting one of the rares is about zero and I'm not sure the bonuses are great at all, so I'm wondering if I should rush through the quests for another pull or hold out for future banners.

Skittles

A question for JP players - is the current banner considered a good banner in comparison to previous offerings? The chance of me getting one of the rares is about zero and I'm not sure the bonuses are great at all, so I'm wondering if I should rush through the quests for another pull or hold out for future banners.
I think people are saying to hold off because next month (the 3rd) is the 1 year anniversary of the game (on mobile).

Skittles

people are saying that they posted it a day early. makes sense considering the high score event is going on. better be compensated for this mistake

Sölf

I could usen the skip tickets to get the medals from bosses and the adamantite quests, right?

Edit:
Oh, I need to beat all 3 challenges first. Meh. xD

Famassu

Estimate. How many times will Famassu need to try Olympia keyblade's Adamantine Ore quest #2 for all the attack boosts to activate in one turn, which is the only way it'll be beatable for me?

I'm on try #8. I know it can happen because it happened to me several times when killing munny eggs.

Sölf

I finally beat Treasure Trove #2 at least. Upgraded my Three Wishes to get x1.4 on my first slot, were I have my Vivi. Yay... >_>

I probably won't be able to beat any other. Not enough damage for Three Wishes #2, not enough AoE für Three Wishes #3 and not enough damage for anything else probably. D:

I am at 1,5k jewels and I think I will buy one of the last two 1,5k jewel boards. That may allow me to upgrade more medals to 6* soon even without having more Cids.

also

Banned
Estimate. How many times will Famassu need to try Olympia keyblade's Adamantine Ore quest #2 for all the attack boosts to activate in one turn, which is the only way it'll be beatable for me?

I'm on try #8. I know it can happen because it happened to me several times when killing munny eggs.
I know the pain of depending on 100% skill activation all too well :/ If I ever make a game, all skills will have a 100% trigger rate.

My guess is 29 times :p

Hi, can someone tell me what medals I should be levelling (besides the ones at the top), currently stuck on cerberus, was thinking of trying to namine it for 2x attack but I don't think my attacks will be strong enough even after that :

http://imgur.com/a/iNp6k

Also, my green medal keyblade Sucks atm so any help on who I should have/level on that as well would be appreciated.

Zebei

"We recommend using them on the Upgrade Quests to get the most out of [the Skip Tickets]"

So are those the adamantine quests? Would I even get the adamantine for using a ticket?

Famassu

Hi, can someone tell me what medals I should be levelling (besides the ones at the top), currently stuck on cerberus, was thinking of trying to namine it for 2x attack but I don't think my attacks will be strong enough even after that :

http://imgur.com/a/iNp6k

Also, my green medal keyblade Sucks atm so any help on who I should have/level on that as well would be appreciated.
From what I can say, put your focus on

KH Cloud
Sora & Pals
Hag
Aqua
Black Coat Mickey
Demyx
Musketeer Mickey
Musketeer Goofy

For Speed medals, Evil Queen, KHII Riku and KH Sora Ver. B are some pretty good medals you seem to have + level up KHII Aeris to 5* max level just to use as your basic speed STR buffer. Namine shouldn't necessarily get too much attention until you've got your medals in order otherwise, considering her limited usefulness (she's really good but only in particular situations where copying enemy buffs is important, which isn't too often, at least not during the 425 missions we have currently). Guilting Stitch might be useful at this point.

Some other decent medals you have that might be useful now or if you can guilt them before you get much better medals (up to speed):

KH Squall
Auron
Timeless River Pete
KHII Mickey
KH Riku

Otherwise, you seem to be holding on to some pretty shitty medals that you will probably never need.

"We recommend using them on the Upgrade Quests to get the most out of [the Skip Tickets]"

So are those the adamantine quests? Would I even get the adamantine for using a ticket?

Those are the Duck/Fairy quests I believe. You can only use the tickets for levels that you have 3-mickeyed unfortunately, so they aren't much use for the adamantine missions. I saw on reddit that they might be best used for the Moogle of Glory quests (whenever we get them).

Anybody here on Vulpes that needs a party?

I think I can claim the leader spot in my party as there was a mass exodus last week, so I'm just seeing if maybe we can make it a GAF party.

I'll be hardcore on the raid boss tonight, so it would be a good chance to clear all the boards if we can get a couple of other people in on it as well.

Boogiepop

Ugh, stupid Adamantite quests are ridiculous. Can't get the Adamantite from any of the 3 or 4 ones, or the Magic Part 2 with Cerberus. Really just want 1 more right now so I can upgrade my Olympia again. I can ALMOST do Part 3 of the Three Wishes one, but I think I'd need 3 seperate attack boosts to trigger (probably), and for my Aqua to focus on the Morning Stars. Instead it seems to actively ignore them most of the time, so yaaaay for randomness.
Edit: Okay, what the hell do you do when one of the enemies drifts off screen? That's screwed me twice now in trying to do the Hi Score Challenge, where the game forced me to attack the Gargoyle that was asleep because of this.

WOOOO!! Finally beat the the two gargoyles with 28% multiplier. Now I'm ranked around 1300 with just a little over 480k, hopefully I can stay in the top 2000.

Really wish I didn't rage sell my timeless goofy now since I ran out of space and I wasn't gonna use him in my my normal power deck anyways and I didn't think it would make a difference in the end since it hasn't before, but I'm not gonna pull in the middle of the night while sleepy again, much regrets.

Anybody know the range for the top 1000 anyways?
Ugh, stupid Adamantite quests are ridiculous. Can't get the Adamantite from any of the 3 or 4 ones, or the Magic Part 2 with Cerberus. Really just want 1 more right now so I can upgrade my Olympia again. I can ALMOST do Part 3 of the Three Wishes one, but I think I'd need 3 seperate attack boosts to trigger (probably), and for my Aqua to focus on the Morning Stars. Instead it seems to actively ignore them most of the time, so yaaaay for randomness.
Edit: Okay, what the hell do you do when one of the enemies drifts off screen? That's screwed me twice now in trying to do the Hi Score Challenge, where the game forced me to attack the Gargoyle that was asleep because of this.

Yes, those later adamantite quests are ridiculous, not gonna be able to do the third Olympia/Lady Luck, second Three Wishes, and any of 4 for a while.

Also, yes. When they go off screen it is a load of BS.

Sölf

I am REALLY thinking about buyg 3k jewels because of the 0 AP and 10 day lasting stuff. I could upgrade like all the things.

CRS

Sölf;213262845 said:
I am REALLY thinking about buyg 3k jewels because of the 0 AP and 10 day lasting stuff. I could upgrade like all the things.
Do it on Monday so you take full advantage of the deal. Unless you want to do it both weeks then go right ahead.

Malyse

Those are the Duck/Fairy quests I believe. You can only use the tickets for levels that you have 3-mickeyed unfortunately, so they aren't much use for the adamantine missions. I saw on reddit that they might be best used for the Moogle of Glory quests (whenever we get them).

*snrk*

You'll have to 3 mickey that pain in the ass first.

Fuck those missions.

Brandson

Argh... after upgrading from clearing Three Wishes Pt. 3, I got Three Wishes Pt. 2 Cerberus down to a tiny sliver of hp left with all skills activating and a useless friend medal. With a decent magic friend medal I think I can do it.

Edit: Of course, right as I post this, I clear it.

Yeah wtf.

Why would you ever do this?

Why would you ever sell non-farmable medals?

Why?
It was 2 in the morning, I was pissed off after saving 3000 jewels, I ran out of space, and got a medal that I would only use in the high score event (which I'm not a fan of either) along with garbage. Also, seeing that would remind of not getting Illus. Sora/Riku ;_;.
I regretted it pretty much right after I sold it, really, no more nighttime playing for me. Oh well, life goes on lol
*snrk*

You'll have to 3 mickey that pain in the ass first.

Fuck those missions.
Hey better to 3-mickey it once, then repeatedly doing it for materials. Not like I'm within the same stratosphere of even defeating one enemy as of right now lol.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Man, I feel really bad for this guy.

icNeVFJ.jpg

So many things wrong I don't even know where to start! All those Chips, Dales and Cids, Attack Boost II, Guilting a boost medal...PLS

Boogiepop

Yeah, giving up on the double gargoyle battle in the high score challenge. It's not impossible, but after a "good" run I've come to realize that I'd need waaaaay too long of a string of things activating properly to make it through. But I'm 99% sure I'll get in the top 5000 anyway, so it's not like it's some big issue.

Oh, btw, for if anybody runs into the same issue that I did of enemies drifting off the screen: turns out they'll slowly waddle back on over if you just idle there for a second.

Falk

that puzzling face
I think I got him to that state in about... Week 3 of the game? Had very few power medals (lol), figured I should start using some of the Cids/Chips/Dales in my inventory since I was running low on empty spaces, and got the bright idea that "hey, while the other medals are going to get replaced with bigger numbers, the boost medals are going to eternally be useful, so boosting them now wouldn't really be a waste, right? RIIIIGHT?"

:(

edit: Current rest of lineup when not swapping out for full AOE or full single-target
NdkdEFdl.png

3fAtyZ5l.jpg

wy9tnNzl.png

eZ2fL89l.png

That "very few power medals" thing sure didn't last long.

Boogiepop

Oh damn, didn't realize that Part 3 in an adamantite challenge gave you the 2 that you need for that upgrade! When I realized that Aqua seemed to be straight up avoiding the Morning Stars every time, I switched her out for a weaker yet more consistent medal and just barely squeezed through. So I have three right now, with a level 21 Lady Luck and Starlight, and 22 for the other 3. What should I upgrade?

also

Banned
The new adamantite quests made me realize how far behind the curve I've fallen ever since I can't buy the weekly unlock anymore.
Fix the game and let me give you money, SE!

Top Bottom