• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Boogiepop

Managed to just barely nudge past Starlight Part 3 as well, so I now have a fully upgraded Olympia. But yeah, I think I need some better draws before I can pull off any of the other Adamantite quests at this point...

Psxphile

CpoOysgUMAEaPQN.jpg:orig

I guess someone scanned one of those leaflets from the concert. Nice.

Currently holding at around 4032 for the High Score event w/ about a half-hour to spare. At least I'll get *one* of the RAX medals, so that's nice too.

CRS

Yeah, not gonna get the medal for this high event this time. These High Score Challenges are really starting to become a drag.

:(

Also, in need of a new group. Left my old one since so many were inactive. Unicornis. ID: 869798

Razmos

Roxas/Axel/Xion medal is 6 hits on all enemies and increase strength by 1 turn. No SP cost. Multiplier of 1.70

It's basically Diz/Vivi on steroids and I love it

also

Banned
Here's the RAX medal. Deals 6 moderately powerful hits. Raises strength by 1 tier for 1 turn.
A46WDOl.png

Sucks that I only got 5 so I won't be able to guilt it but the top 100 is just out of reach unless you're a whale.

Skittles

wow, 0 cost strength buff? I'm keeping at least 3 of these on hand. Buffing without worrying for gauge cost is amazing. I wouldn't even guilt it if I had 7

Primus

Roxas/Axel/Xion medal is 6 hits on all enemies and increase strength by 1 turn. No SP cost. Multiplier of 1.70

It's basically Diz/Vivi on steroids and I love it

So they dropped the gauge cost (JPUX it's 3 gauges, Global it's 0), removed the Def+1 buff, raised the Guilt limit (JPUX it's Low Guilt), but also dropped the overall power multiplier by a notch (1.99 to 1.70).

Increased Guilt is nice, but losing the Def buff is a big blow. It's now just a DiZ/Vivi replacement and not a unique, high-end medal anymore.

Primus

The Big Mighty Deal is back, replacing the Epic Medal Carnival, but this time you're guaranteed 2 6*s w/3 dots each. The other 8 medals also have a chance of a random number of dots coming with them, plus you get one 6* Chip.

New this week is a Mini Mighty Deal, which guarantees 1 6* w/3 dots, plus four other medals with a chance of dots.

Nice little step forward for more parity with JPUX here.

Skittles

Wow, so this is pretty genius. This dude achieved rank 1 in the high score challenge using this setup. It relies on the wobbles regening hp and it takes about 4 hours to get over 1million.
xqqh0az.png

Wow, throwing 3 RAX on the olympia with BC mickey will destroy everything and be amazingly gauge efficient. Probably gonna put a APP on the one I have with 2 dots

Just revamp the whole shitty HSC system to have score only depend on kills and just have a much bigger range of enemies in terms of power and type lol.

RalchAC

Just revamp the whole shitty HSC system to have score only depend on kills and just have a much bigger range of enemies in terms of power and type lol.

I'm not against there being some medals that can increase your score. But it shouldn't be: "here is a 7% boost everyone can get... the rest? Have luck". There should be some balance between old and new medals, maybe even add something like a theme.

What if it was "The Organization XIII High Score Event!" and the game gave boosts to all Og XIII members. If the quest is Power based, give a bigger boost to Speed units than Magic units since those are going to be at a disadvantage.

The theme could change depending on the new batch of medals, but they should keep a balance between F2P, old a new medals.

And they shouldn't limit the medal reward to 5000 people. Falk said that in our party chat. It's ridiculous that everybody gets an almost useless hat in the Colisseum yet only a small portion of the player base can try to get that medal.
___

On the bright side, it seems somebody has beaten the system. Lol at that guy. I bet next time we will see a time limit or enemies that don't regen.

Tidd

Wow, so this is pretty genius. This dude achieved rank 1 in the high score challenge using this setup. It relies on the wobbles regening hp and it takes about 4 hours to get over 1million.

Great, next time the Top 5000 will start at 1million....

Skittles

I'm not against there being some medals that can increase your score. But it shouldn't be: "here is a 7% boost everyone can get... the rest? Have luck". There should be some balance between old and new medals, maybe even add something like a theme.

What if it was "The Organization XIII High Score Event!" and the game gave boosts to all Og XIII members. If the quest is Power based, give a bigger boost to Speed units than Magic units since those are going to be at a disadvantage.

The theme could change depending on the new batch of medals, but they should keep a balance between F2P, old a new medals.

And they shouldn't limit the medal reward to 5000 people. Falk said that in our party chat. It's ridiculous that everybody gets an almost useless hat in the Colisseum yet only a small portion of the player base can try to get that medal.
___

On the bright side, it seems somebody has beaten the system. Lol at that guy. I bet next time we will see a time limit or enemies that don't regen.

Great, next time the Top 5000 will start at 1million....
When this happened in japan they removed regening enemies on the next one and extended the score brackets. hopefully that happens on the next one

lyrick

Has anyone used this 0AP cost as an opportunity to farm Cids?

Any thoughts on the average time to get one (or ten)?

I'm guessing the Omega shows up roughly 20% percent of the time and it only has a chance to drop a Cid, so it might be a slow crawl.

I was able to beat the 4th lady luck and 3rd olympia quest with the assistance of the RAX medal. As someone without APP a decently damaging AOE that's a booster and takes 0 zero gauge is beyond helpful.

Sölf

Managed to beat the second Three Wishes adamantite quest thanks to a RAX medal. I also tried the second Olympia one but I have not enough damage to do that yet. Tomorrow I will farm more 5* evolve medals, because I finally have a high enough cost that I can upgrade a few without being forced to use Cids. 6* Timeless Pete, The Queen and probably KH2 Mickey incoming!

Tidd

I feel real bad for not getting RAX :( But there was no way I wanted to reset 38282times just to get a higher score.

I feel real bad for not getting RAX :( But there was no way I wanted to reset 38282times just to get a higher score.
I got 7k ranking after my first completed run and decided that was "good enough". The PAX medal is nice but I am not going to go crazy over it.

I loathe these high score challenges.

Psxphile

Nice to wake up to a 300 jewel 'mea culpa' for the Raid Boss flub yesterday.

RAX medal is legit. Just need to get its cost down to make it easier to fit my decks. Threw a Attack Boost II on it since there's no chance in hell I'll ever do anything but Special Attack spam with it. That and a colored booster with Defense boost should get me through a lot of shit that's coming up.

Also happy to report that I was able to beat mission 425 sans Namine/Alice. Nick and Judy and Minnie were the only things keeping me from being one-shotted. Keeping your defense up every turn is vital.

Famassu

Sölf;213388461 said:
Managed to beat the second Three Wishes adamantite quest thanks to a RAX medal. I also tried the second Olympia one but I have not enough damage to do that yet. Tomorrow I will farm more 5* evolve medals, because I finally have a high enough cost that I can upgrade a few without being forced to use Cids. 6* Timeless Pete, The Queen and probably KH2 Mickey incoming!
That 130% guilt for RAX in our party. Can't believe someone got that straight away. -_-

Skittles

So, Defense Boost II or Attack Prize Plus for RAX?
APP because it's literally giving you bar for free. Plus it'll be good on any keyblade/setup

That 130% guilt for RAX in our party. Can't believe someone got that straight away. -_-
Feel bad for the guy who guilted it. Huge waste not to keep 3 on hand. The damage on the guilt isn't even that good to justify getting rid of a free +3 strength

Ilvocare

so I got rank 9700 or so on the HSC and I BARELY managed to clear the Lady Luck Part 2 Adamantite quest yesterday through the use of a max guilt KH1 Sora Ver. A, a KH2 Sora Ver. B, a Musketeer Mickey, Stitch, and a friend who was sharing a Seph. All of which were lvl 100 6*'d, with my guilted Sora recently fed a 10 Cid.

how fucked am I going forward in terms of power creep. For TW, I 6*'d Auron, King Mickey KH2, Aqua, and KH:CoM Riku. I lowered cost on Aqua and Auron.

I have some Cid medals from the premium costumes that I bought in reserve, just in case.

OK, time to sacrifice Tidus for his APP then. You served me well up until now!

Feel bad for the guy who guilted it. Huge waste not to keep 3 on hand. The damage on the guilt isn't even that good to justify getting rid of a free +3 strength

It's not a waste if you have a Pooh & Piglet, actually. I dunno if the guy we're talking about does, though.

guilt isn't even that good to justify getting rid of a free +3 strength

Really wish I didn't combine the 3 that I got lol, I was considering the fact that I would be 'wasting' 3 x 10 Cids (along with whatever is in my setup to allow 5 6*) But even still 1 has let me finish TT quest 4 and LL quest 3 (along with the others mentioned before). It's amazing, between this medal and my newly 6* Marluxia my LL has gone from my worst keyblade (by far) to just behind Olympia.

Just have Starlight/Olympia/3 Wishes pt. 4 and 3 Wishes pt.2 left.

also

Banned
OK, time to sacrifice Tidus for his APP then. You served me well up until now!

It's not a waste if you have a Pooh & Piglet, actually. I dunno if the guy we're talking about does, though.

Man, I wish I had a Pooh&Pigglet. Single tier att boosting just doesn't cut it anymore.

also

Banned
Has anyone used this 0AP cost as an opportunity to farm Cids?

Any thoughts on the average time to get one (or ten)?

I'm guessing the Omega shows up roughly 20% percent of the time and it only has a chance to drop a Cid, so it might be a slow crawl.

It takes forever. The omega spawn rate is more like 10%. I fought 3 of them and no Cids so far.

Finished 6*'ing my medals. Will use the skip tickets on the VIP munny mission. Might try my hand at more adamantite quest and finish the story missions.

Famassu

So what medals are exclusive to the Epic Medal Carnivals? Thinking of doing the 5 and 10 medal pulls (I've got 1500 saved up and might do another 3000 jewel quest unlock buy on monday) but if I have no chance of stuff like Namine, Pooh & Piglet or such, then I'd perhaps maybe wait than splurge money on pulls that won't even have a chance of giving me what I need.

RalchAC

Sooo... I guess it's time to say goodbye to my lovely Tidus.

I decided to switch him in order to add my 6* RAX medal, which I've already leveled to 100.

With +1000 ATK, it actually does more damage than him. Without it values are pretty similar. And it increases attack by 1 tier (which stacks with my Aerith) so overall damage should increase.

So what medals are exclusive to the Epic Medal Carnivals? Thinking of doing the 5 and 10 medal pulls (I've got 1500 saved up and might do another 3000 jewel quest unlock buy on monday) but if I have no chance of stuff like Namine, Pooh & Piglet or such, then I'd perhaps maybe wait than splurge money on pulls that won't even have a chance of giving me what I need.

As far as I know those are: Sephiroth, Sora and Pals, Pooh and Pigglet, a medal that has Sora, Donald and Goofie, OGXIII Roxas, Xion and Axel, Illus. Cloud, Illus. Sora, Illus. Riku and some more.

I think you should wait. The deal is not bad, but you could pull anything. What if your 3 dotted pulls are farmable units? What if they are useless crap like Bambi? I would say wait.

Skittles

I'd wait for the next banner to pull stuff, especially if you want pooglet. Anything that is included in the banner for a 3k pull is a premium. So pooglet, sephy, all of the illustrated, the SP org medals. If they continue the trend, the bonus for 10 pulling should be even greater than the last

Oh man, this 3 RAX build with one of them having APP is literally nuts. I've beaten all but one adamntite quest(just need chip and dales to beat the last one), have a maxed olympia, with 16 ore on hand. My own BC mickey combined with pug's 100% BC mickey made it a breeze. For more beefier targets I used my cid and illustrated cloud

Oh man, this 3 RAX build with one of them having APP is literally nuts. I've beaten all but one adamntite quest(just need chip and dales to beat the last one), have a maxed olympia, with 16 ore on hand. My own BC mickey combined with pug's 100% BC mickey made it a breeze. For more beefier targets I used my cid and illustrated cloud

I WANT ONE! :<

Sölf

Still 285 event coins for another Cid. I won't farm the last one, that would be another 2k-3k coins. >_>
Maybe I get some more of the Chip/Dale medals, even they are only +5/+25. Still better than nothing.

Razmos

The later adamantite challenges are all ridiculous, they would be somewhat reasonable if it wasn't for the "defeat all enemies in one turn" bullshit

Top Bottom